Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone able to watch the Spinks fight on DonKingTv.com?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Mixnutz
I have been trying to pull up this dam fight for over half an hour and the shit is not working. Anyone else having that issue?
buford54
I was, but then it started to work...but now it's stalled and it switched over to "make me a supermodel." what issue are you having?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Mixnutz @ Mar 27 2008, 07:45 PM) [snapback]384167[/snapback]
I have been trying to pull up this dam fight for over half an hour and the shit is not working. Anyone else having that issue?

sounds like a blessing in disguise.
Fitz
It's working perfect for me.
Fitz
LOL@ the corner of Alexander after round 4.

His corner was like "you fucking Mike Tyson now or something? Throw some fucking combinations. I don't want that one shot at a time"
The CEO
I installed the player and am watching this...lol...hey, it might be something.

The Fiery Verno Phillips versus The Emotional Cory Spinks.
The CEO
ahhhh...even Leon...
The CEO
You think The Don shot me some spyware through that player??
The CEO
I ain't gonna do a RBR 'cause y'all can get this shit for free yourselves...it's a good image with "in there" sound....you should check it out...after 2, and I think Spinks is gonna have to show a good beard here tonight...
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
cant watch tonight. dont have high enough speed on internet. Kinda sucks, but Spinks should be on tv. he's the jr middleweight champ.
The CEO
Spinks clearly up after 7...doing his thang....Phillips started gassing around the 3rd...showing his age now (38)...loading and winging...connecting some.
BigG
Hmmm..Good fight so far between two highy skilled fighters. Verno is tricky.
The CEO
Yeah he is...could still do some damage if he threw some experienced, hook combinations on some off rhythyms...
BigG
You think Verno could've won round 8? He landed a few good shots at the end..
The CEO
Maybe...it was close...they could give it to him out of sympathy for sure...Spinks is ruling him...
BigG
Verno is catching Spinks with some pretty good shots here in the 9th...Spinks to me looks just a little rusty....Philips round CLEARLY....Corys fighting isndie and getting caught with shots..
The CEO
oooooooooo....Spinks don't need to be going forehead to forehead with Verno...that's his game...and it won him the round...

There's that emotional side....
Fitz
Yeah. Phillips landed some very good shots in the 9th.
Romulus9
Cory got SMACKED with two big shots at the end of the 9th. Whoa.
BigG
Spinks fighting his fight now in round 10...Well....I'll give it to Cory Spinks.
The CEO
Yeah...Spinks came to his senses....staying outside...Phillips needs the KO.
BigG
Spinks counterpunching...staying outside....getting caught with some wild shit every now and then....I think Cory edges round 11.
BigG
I'll say this ...Cory's rusty and Phillips is a tricky vet.

Corys getting caught everytime he fightins inside..

I dont know who edged round 12.

Damn Spinks getting some boos. LOL. Well I thought the fight was interesting.
The CEO
lol...can you believe that guy?...he went back in....props to Spinks...lol....hometown crowd booing Spinks because he didn't get the KO??
BigG
SPLIT DECISION!

BigG
Unbelievable...Verno wins.
The CEO
LOL!
Romulus9
What the Hell just happened? Seriously!? WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?
The CEO
What in the fucking HELL??
The CEO
I was laughing at the Split!......capital R on this one.
BigG
Well...uhhhh.....congrats to Verno? LOL.

Poor Cory.
gods son
i think those judges thought Philips was Spinks...cuz this does not make sense!!
thehype
WOW

I'm torn.

I don't know what to think.

Part of me is saying, "I can't believe he just got robbed"

And then another part of me is saying, "I'm so glad that he just got robbed"

laugh.gif

That's hilarious.

Evil is Good.
The CEO
I didn't score this thing....but could you give Verno more than 4?

Crazy shit.
BigG
I missed the first 5 rounds...but it seems like Cory won all of them? From round 6-12 it was actually quite competitive..Verno was really ackward for Spinks.

thehype
I can't lie...I wasn't even paying attention until about round 9...I think I fell asleep for round 3-8.

laugh.gif
BigG
Well, I gotta say that Cory deserves a rematch

Bood by St. Louis...then robbed of his title in his hometown? Give Cory a break man laugh.gif
Romulus9
Quick... someone remind me why people think boxing is corrupt.
The CEO
QUOTE(thehype @ Mar 27 2008, 11:48 PM) [snapback]384231[/snapback]
I can't lie...I wasn't even paying attention until about round 9...I think I fell asleep for round 3-8.

laugh.gif

You picked the right rounds to doze in...lol...even though Spinks won the first 2 rounds, I was like hmmm.......but then Phillips started gassing...and Spinks went on to dominate through 6....the 7th was close, and they traded off rounds 'til the close...4 rounds is the max I could squeeze to Phillips....
The CEO
QUOTE(wvu8893 @ Mar 27 2008, 11:50 PM) [snapback]384233[/snapback]
Quick... someone remind me why people think boxing is corrupt.

mmmm hmmmm....maybe King thinks robberies make for good "internet".
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(thehype @ Mar 27 2008, 11:45 PM) [snapback]384226[/snapback]
And then another part of me is saying, "I'm so glad that he just got robbed"

I concur, it's not like Spinks did not have a robbery under his belt. who cares, now we get to see even less of him, he won't even be on the internet. next time, they'll just make a flip book of his fight.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Holy shit that wasn't the result I was expecting when logging on the computer. Can someone get this fight up on youtube or something, since I can't stream video on my comp? If he was really robbed then the man deserves a rematch for sure. Tough night for my favorite fighter, but he'll be back. If he doesn't get on ESPN maybe he can rack a few wins on ESPN, and get back in the spotlight again. He's still one hell of a boxer.
thehype
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Mar 28 2008, 12:14 AM) [snapback]384238[/snapback]
I concur, it's not like Spinks did not have a robbery under his belt. who cares, now we get to see even less of him, he won't even be on the internet. next time, they'll just make a flip book of his fight.

That, my friend, is a STRONG candidate for Post of the Year.

We really gotta start keep track of these. I'll have to start a thread and sticky it at the top.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 28 2008, 01:19 AM) [snapback]384250[/snapback]
Whether he is boring or not, it doesn't matter. It was a crap decision. The fight was on the internet for free, a lot of newbies would have been watching it, and they promote the sport with a crappy decision?
Yeah, he is boring at times, but I personally prefer to get a correct result. If you don't like him, don't watch him.

i really don;t think any newbies searched down some shitass fighter, with no name recognition, and watched him on kingtv. it's not network tv or anything. or happened to be browsing don kings shit and stumbled across the fight.

but regardless, fuck spinks. c'mom man, be a little machiavellian about this.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 28 2008, 02:08 AM) [snapback]384252[/snapback]
I'm not Cory's biggest fan. I don't really like or hate him. I'm kind of neutral. Overall, I just think it sucks when a guy gets robbed. I would prefer the right decision which benefits our sport, as we really want to minimize bullshit decisions and that's exactly one major problem that turns people off from boxing.
I would choose something that benefits boxing as a whole (continuing to give correct decisions), than a bad decision against a crappy fighter that will make me happy for a short period of time.

but getting rid of cory spinks does benefit boxing as a whole. now, what you have to ask yourself, is one more bad decision against a fighter who helps ruin the sport just by existing in it more detrimental than cory spinks continuing to ruin the sport at his leisure but justice has been upheld. i'm ok with spinks being a sacrificial lamb. we can save getting the decisions right for the next fight.
BigG
I actually thought the fight was pretty entertaining. Alot of skill invloved.
Jack 1000
Hahahahaha!!!!! And I thought that the fight was going to be so bad that I mixed up my Phillips' in my rant. This was Verno, not Vince. Not like anybody cared, hahaha! But what were the scores? King doing this on a Thursday night was even more crazy.

Jack
Jack 1000
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Mar 27 2008, 11:39 PM) [snapback]384242[/snapback]
Holy shit that wasn't the result I was expecting when logging on the computer. Can someone get this fight up on youtube or something, since I can't stream video on my comp? If he was really robbed then the man deserves a rematch for sure. Tough night for my favorite fighter, but he'll be back. If he doesn't get on ESPN maybe he can rack a few wins on ESPN, and get back in the spotlight again. He's still one hell of a boxer.

No disrespect intended Kyle, but your favorite fighter??! LOL! Can I have some of what you're smoking!? It may have been a bad decision. But the only reason why Spinks is in there is because his relatives, not he, were good fighters. I honestly think this is a blessing for the sport. The less boring fights there are, the more it helps the sport. But at least, by Spinks standards, was this fight mildly entertaining?

Jack
buford54
I think Spinks deserves to get done like he did Karmazin.
Most people thought that Roman had beat Spinks, and Spinks IMMEDIATELY shot down the rematch because he wanted more money. He gave an immediate "no" to Roman and didn't even pretend like he would fight him again.
I hope Verno takes the title and runs to fight another champ. As happened with Maskaev when he took Rock's belt, I'm sure that all of the belt-holders in the division will trip over themselves to fight him.

Sorry Cory...you're too slick for your own good. I think what happened is that Cory lulled the judges to sleep through everything except the 5 good punches that Verno landed. They could only judge the 5 punches that they were awake through.

U.S. Champ
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Mar 28 2008, 02:00 AM) [snapback]384258[/snapback]
No disrespect intended Kyle, but your favorite fighter??! LOL! Can I have some of what you're smoking!? It may have been a bad decision. But the only reason why Spinks is in there is because his relatives, not he, were good fighters. I honestly think this is a blessing for the sport. The less boring fights there are, the more it helps the sport. But at least, by Spinks standards, was this fight mildly entertaining?

Jack

first of all thats BS, the dudes a good defensive boxer and his uncle and dad can't throw punches for him and people always screaming for knockouts aren't knowledgeable fans of the sweet science because boxing is as much brain as it is brawn, that being said the common theme in this forum is that he won the fight and got robbed of his belt by Don"Da Hustla"King which is why boxing can't keep its fans away from MMA because they're decisions aren't controversial
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.