Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advisory Group inks Adrian Mora
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
This seems like a conflict of interest. Can journalists also be promoters? I have nothing against Greg, but it just seems strange to me. Hype, what do you think about this, if you can talk about it?
Byrd Man
He's been doing this for awhile, I believe.
thehype
I think it is a conflict of interests...at least that's what every major journalist that I talk to tells me...and quite frankly, if I were a fighter, there's no way in hell I would be taking advice from Leon.

I mean, this is the same guy who advised Cory Spinks to leave Don King and sign with Bobby Bostick...you see how well that worked out.

This is the same guy who once told me that Monte Barrett was a shot fighter...and yet, he manages him.

Don't get me started.

Adrian Mora...good luck homie.

"I'm happy with the signing, my advisor knows all of the right people in the business and I'm confident that I'll be back in the ring very soon. I can't wait to showcase my talents again, I'm ready to fight anybody, so any promoter interested in working with me, just needs to contact my advisor and we can make it happen."

Well shit...if that's all it takes to be an advisor, what the hell am I waiting for...I can place phone calls too.

laugh.gif

Hopefully he doesn't do him like he did Ishe Smith and get him signed with Seeno Group, who, from what I hear, is about to be in breach of contract since they didn't get Smith enough fights...and aren't they going through some issues with Gato Figueroa?

Zeferino Ramirez might be a good fit for Mora...hell...he could have called me and I could have made that happen...and I wouldn't have even taken 10%...I would have settled for 5%.

laugh.gif
Byrd Man
Junior welterweight Adrian Mora 19-1-1 (11KO) has inked a three year deal with the G. Leon Advisory Group. Mora hasn't fought since last September when he suffered his only loss to former world champion Javier Jauregui, but he's eager to return to the ring and can be ready to fight as early as late April. Mora is currently a promotional free agent, but is ready to committ to the right long term deal. "I'm happy with the signing, my advisor knows all of the right people in the business and I'm confident that I'll be back in the ring very soon. I can't wait to showcase my talents again, I'm ready to fight anybody, so any promoter interested in working with me, just needs to contact my advisor and we can make it happen," said Mora. Full interview to follow soon, until then remember where you heard it first!

fuck.gif
Douchebag
I don't know Leon personally but from what I have read he is no journalist. He looks at this medium as a way to make connections and make money for himself. Basically this is just a hustle to him.
thehype
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Mar 28 2008, 02:50 PM) [snapback]384345[/snapback]
I don't know Leon personally but from what I have read he is no journalist. He looks at this medium as a way to make connections and make money for himself. Basically this is just a hustle to him.

That pretty much sums it up.
Tha Docta
man, what are some people thinking? How can you look at greg and read some of his shit and not come away thinking the guy is a tool?

its mind boggling to say the least.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.