Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Question for Hype!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
Okay I've wondered this for awhile, and finally I felt like asking it.

On another boxing site that I actually like a lot, there's a "Senior Consultant" that occasionally submits pieces on there, usually taking someone to task for whatever he/she deems offensive to him/her.

The person in question goes by the name of "H. ANIBAL LECTER"

Now while I like this site a lot, I can't stand this prick. Everything he writes is so elitist and just smells of someone who thinks WAY too fucking highly of themselves.

In a recent piece, they ripped the shit out of some dude who wrote a short boxing piece on Abraham's fight, calling into question a specific line the writer used about Abraham being the first person to stop Ayala. Ripped him because since Ayala hasn't fought anyone (according to "lecter") that he was so offended by him using that line about how Abraham was the first to stop him.

Just wondered if you happened to know whot his bitch is.
BoxingStill#1

Not a hype team member,.......but what I want to say is this......
People can make themselves to be anything on these forum's..........Even if they really arent anything.

I dont think you should have been so offended by this character no matter how he portays himself to be
Byrd Man
No, this isn't a forum member HERE or a forum member somewhere else.

This is a contributer to the site. His articles go up on the front page. So this isn't a situation of some forum member that's irritating me or anything. lol

Hype knows a lot of people in the boxing site business, so I thought maybe he knew who this was. Supposedly he's a well known person that goes by this bullshit name.
someoneswitness
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Mar 31 2008, 07:04 PM) [snapback]384710[/snapback]
No, this isn't a forum member HERE or a forum member somewhere else.

This is a contributer to the site. His articles go up on the front page. So this isn't a situation of some forum member that's irritating me or anything. lol

Hype knows a lot of people in the boxing site business, so I thought maybe he knew who this was. Supposedly he's a well known person that goes by this bullshit name.

I sincerely doubt that. The site you're referring to is one of the lowest-quality boxing sites out there, one that needs not have any mind paid to it. No self-respecting boxing personality would need to waste his or her time on such a waste of bandwidth.
Byrd Man
not sure if we have the same site in mind, but to each their own I suppose.

It's definitely better than some of the other sites out there.

But as I said....to each their own.
Byrd Man
no response from "someoneswitness"? Oh well. I suppose the great celebrated 3 post genius possibly was a troll.

oh well. I mean, three posts in TWO years on the site? I suppose I should feel flattered that you spent your third post all time on me. lol
thehype
QUOTE(someoneswitness @ Mar 31 2008, 11:08 PM) [snapback]384719[/snapback]
I sincerely doubt that. The site you're referring to is one of the lowest-quality boxing sites out there, one that needs not have any mind paid to it. No self-respecting boxing personality would need to waste his or her time on such a waste of bandwidth.

Actually...someoneswitness pretty much summed up my thoughts about it.

Boxing2007.com, Pound4Pound.com or whatever name they're going by nowadays is run by a couple of ex-Fightnews.com guys who apparently have a problem with me simply because of my prior association with btalk so honestly, I really could care less about who's over there. Don't mean to sound harsh...just speaking honestly.

As for who the writer is, it's obviously someone who's too afraid to put his/her real name out there so, quite frankly, their opinion doesn't real mean squat. Personally, I don't think it's anyone of importance in the industry. If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably Brett "The Threat" Newton...I believe that's Trillo's partner in crime...he does the website and the photography over there. I'm quite sure he probably likes to voice his opinion (at least I know he never had a problem voicing his opinion to me) so I imagine he probably does it under that fake name. Your description of him kind of sounds like Brett. You should shoot Charles Presnell an email...he did a stint over there at one time so he might know. Just email him at cpresnell@fighthype.com.
Byrd Man
I don't know the history of the site or anything like that. I used to take part in the whole fan fight thing (and since they abandoned it they retired it with me the champ! lol...for whatever that's worth).

And I don't know the people involved (other than Sweetchuck who used to be over there). I enjoy some of the stuff on the site, and the fact that they have the video stuff for free, unlike Boxingtalk.

They do seem to have a big beef with fightnews, always taking shots at them left and right. Seems a bit petty but hey....whatever floats their boat.

Not sure if they have a forum or not. It's one of many sites I go to.

This is my main boxing site now but I still go to the other sites too.

Didn't know they gave you shit Hype. That's not cool. That lowers my opinion of the site, but then again I always did kinda think it was, as I said, petty for them to be taking shots at fightnews, despite the fact that I don't know anything about fn.

*shrugs*

oh well. You learn new things everyday I suppose.
someoneswitness
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Mar 31 2008, 11:11 PM) [snapback]384720[/snapback]
not sure if we have the same site in mind, but to each their own I suppose.

It's definitely better than some of the other sites out there.

But as I said....to each their own.

QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Apr 1 2008, 01:12 PM) [snapback]384749[/snapback]
no response from "someoneswitness"? Oh well. I suppose the great celebrated 3 post genius possibly was a troll.

oh well. I mean, three posts in TWO years on the site? I suppose I should feel flattered that you spent your third post all time on me. lol

This is my first time online since posting, so apologies for the delay in responding.

I didn't know what site you were initially referring to until I did a Google search. And then when I saw what site it was, well, I already knew what I was going to say. I've visited that site on occasion through the years, never getting anything out of it. But as someone who follows both boxing and the Internet industry that has cropped up around it, I feel it's my responsibility to check with a variety of places.

Hence my lurking around here. I've had this account since the board was on BT, clearly. I post on one forum but have accounts on various others. Just because I like to be involved in conversation in one place doesn't mean I'm not interested in what others are saying elsewhere.

Cheers.
Byrd Man
lol...I figured you'd post a response.

no problem man. I shouldn't have wrote that, but...*shrugs* it is what it is (as cliched as that is).

someoneswitness
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Apr 2 2008, 12:14 AM) [snapback]384794[/snapback]
lol...I figured you'd post a response.

no problem man. I shouldn't have wrote that, but...*shrugs* it is what it is (as cliched as that is).

No worries, mate. I've now spent my fourth and fifth posts all on you, too. Now I'm going to need to post more to make up for the ratio.

Back to the point of contention: the writer Web site in question seemed to make something so major out of something so minor. If I recall correctly, the original article didn't exactly make a big deal of Ayala being stopped for the first time. But it is the kind of tidbit that gets put into articles all the time. Makes the reader realize, "Okay, this guy has lost before, but the guy who beat him this time did it within the distance."

The point would be dumb, of course, had this been Ayala's first loss.

Soon on to other topics, hopefully...
Byrd Man
oh I agree 100% on that writer. I like the site, but that writer is a douche and gets on my nerves. lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.