Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kessler made Mundines Mandatory
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
AussieLad
Ive been disgusted by mundines avoidance of credible opposition, and i find it amusing that kessler is now his mandatory. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAA]

All those bums mundines been fighting will have prepared him well for a rematch with the guy that took his title last time...

Time for mundine to "Shock the World" by actually fighting a legitimate threat for once in a million years
STEVENSKI
Hopefully he will get stretched & stretched goodstyle. He is one of only two Aussie fighters I will root against & the other one is Billy Dib.
BigG
Hey STEVENSKI, your in luck. GBP is putting Billy Dibb against Jorge Linares for the WBC FW title next.

I don't really have a problem with Dibb, but the kid is going to get fucked up.
AussieLad
Whoops, it was siaca that took his title, not kessler. But who cares, mundine is getting taken to the cleaners and that is good enough for me

I would go on record and say that i still would prefer mundine to win, just so we still have an aussie with a title. But i sincerely dont think he is capable of winning, and i dont like his mouth and choice of bum opponents, so i won't be crying when he loses.

Still, i doubt kessler will KO him, another wide points decision is what will happen
Mean Mister Mustard
Does Mundine only fight on PPV down under?
Method
I wonder if that is why Kessler pulled out of the Miranda fight.
buford54
This does give some credibility to Mundine not fighting Miranda. If he knew he was going to get a shot at the title, I think any fighter would take that over Miranda.
Method
You mean Kessler.

I don't think Kessler knew he was getting the shot.

I think someone told him after the fact (the fact that he was signed w Miranda).

I don't necessarily excuse him. The title does nothing for him. He still got owned by Calslizzap, so the trinket will be the equivalent of the middleweight title Joppy was handed after Hopkins was named Super Champion, or whatever.

I would have rather seen Miranda/Kessler, but whatever.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 2 2008, 01:38 PM) [snapback]384811[/snapback]
Does Mundine only fight on PPV down under?

Yes every one of his fights has been a PPV "spectacular".
Mean Mister Mustard
That must suck.
STEVENSKI
No just I just refuse to buy them.

What sux is that any international fight that is live is a PPV if we are lucky enough to get access to it. Otherwise we may get a SKY feed down the pub but that is the way it will always be with 3 types of football being played live at the same time. Why watch a PPV disaster when you can watch live football is the way most including myself think these days.

Mean Mister Mustard
I can relate, over here there is no Showtime and sometimes free HBO fights are put on PPV. I remember when they put Shane Mosley's fight with Adrian Stone on PPV.
STEVENSKI
That is exactly the crao I am talking about.
Mean Mister Mustard
One of the worst instances of crappy fights being on PPV was when Eric Lucas fought some bum after the Green loss. Let me clarify that I'm not saying he's a bum, like many posters throw the word around here to refer to fighters like Chop Chop or Manfredo. The guy Lucas fought was a straight up club fighter. And the fight was shown on PPV! I think ESPN passed on it and they usually aired Lucas's fights. So if ESPN passed on it that should tell you how crappy the fight was.

Anyway Lucas ended up knocking the guy out in 3 rounds I think. Definetly the worst fight on PPV I have ever seen.
AussieLad
It keeps getting funnier, Mundine may not be allowed to have another rematch with soliman as he has gone 13 months without making a mandatory. He will probably have to face kessler first.

I bet mundine wished he had made a mandatory against a softer opponent earlier, instead of the argentinians and cab drivers he's been fighting. Now he has no choice but to fight kessler
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Apr 5 2008, 06:48 AM) [snapback]385071[/snapback]
I think most people have noticed that in the past I have been a defender of Mundine.

Yes Fitz that is what hanging out with bad company will do to you. Is Wayne Carey one of your role models too?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.