Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does Floyd Sr actually believe all the stuff that he says about Oscar Vs. PBF?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Douchebag
I just can't believe that he thinks that Oscar is really going to beat Floyd IF he gets by Stevie Forbes. As I type I am praying to the Boxing Gods that Stevie gets the upset so we won't be tortured with this cure for insmonia. I am trying to get some money together so I can get this Voodoo priest that I know to put a spell on Oscar. Nothing too malicious I just want him to catch the gout or gangreen or something. PM me if you want to make any donations to OscarVoodoohexfund.
thehype
LOL.

Yes...I actually do think he believes what he's saying.

Truth be told, I believe it too...not necessarily that Oscar will actually "beat" Floyd, but that he could win a decision. I mean, keep in mind, I personally thought Floyd beat him pretty easily the first time (I think I scored it 8 rounds to 4), and yet, somehow Oscar was STILL able to get one of the judges to give him the nod. If that's the case, all Oscar has to really do is make the second fight look closer and I can easily see him walking away with a split decision win.
Chi-Town
I agree with hype...I think that Floyd senior really does believe these things, and I do think that he has a shot at beating Floyd Jr.

Couple things about the first fight...first, I think it's unfair that people are calling the fight "boring" and/or "unwatchable". The thing about that fight was that it was a fight fan's fight...by that I mean that there were very few big shots or big exchanges, but I think that if you were keeping score (as all of us die-hards do) the fight was very intruiging for the first 8 rounds....as I recall I had the fight dead even going into the ninth. Instead of boring, I think a more appropriate way to describe it is that the fight was "anti-climactic".... It was a very close nip and tuck fight up until about round 8, so they set the stage for high drama, and then Oscar stopped jabbing and Mayweather clearly swept rounds 9,10 and 11 and all the drama went out the window.

I picked Floyd to win the first one but I'm picking Oscar to win this time. Reasons being 1. As Floyd Sr. stated, Oscar isn't blowing smoke this time, he really has kept his weight down for a solid year now. 2. Oscar is more active than he has been in the past. Come September, De La Hoya will have fought 3 times in 16 months and will have been in the gym training regularly for 7 consecutive months, which leads me to the 3rd point, and that is that 3. A big part of what makes Floyd great is that he was always in the gym year round and fought pretty regularly.....but this is a 32 year old Floyd who will be coming off 16 month layoff.

The first one was close, but Floyd definitely won (I had it 116-114 Mayweather). However, I think that all these small changes in variables, Floyd Sr. back in the corner, Oscar's weight staying down easily making 147 and his increased ring/gym activity, as well as Floyd's decrease in ring/gym activity can all add up to those extra 2 points by which Oscar fell short the first time.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Apr 3 2008, 10:58 AM) [snapback]384906[/snapback]
I just can't believe that he thinks that Oscar is really going to beat Floyd IF he gets by Stevie Forbes. As I type I am praying to the Boxing Gods that Stevie gets the upset so we won't be tortured with this cure for insmonia. I am trying to get some money together so I can get this Voodoo priest that I know to put a spell on Oscar. Nothing too malicious I just want him to catch the gout or gangreen or something. PM me if you want to make any donations to OscarVoodoohexfund.

I'm pretty sure he does believe it, the ego in Floyd Sr. can only be rivaled by his son. I think that if De La Hoya gets in better shape and doesn't fade in the late rounds he might be able to pull the upset but I don't see that happening. That Voodoo idea is not bad.

By the way is this fight going to be at 147?
Chi-Town
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 3 2008, 01:31 PM) [snapback]384918[/snapback]
I'm pretty sure he does believe it, the ego in Floyd Sr. can only be rivaled by his son. I think that if De La Hoya gets in better shape and doesn't fade in the late rounds he might be able to pull the upset but I don't see that happening. That Voodoo idea is not bad.

By the way is this fight going to be at 147?

Yes...DLH-Mayweather 2 will be at 147....thats why Sr. kept saying that making 147 won't be hard at all
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Apr 3 2008, 11:58 AM) [snapback]384906[/snapback]

The only one that deserves the blame is Mayweather for making the fight such a snorefest.

Atleast Oscar tried to make a fight out of it but I guess thats how bad the Oscar haters have it out for him. Everything that can or will go wrong will be Oscar's fault regardless.
Douchebag
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Apr 3 2008, 02:51 PM) [snapback]384921[/snapback]
The only one that deserves the blame is Mayweather for making the fight such a snorefest.

Atleast Oscar tried to make a fight out of it but I guess thats how bad the Oscar haters have it out for him. Everything that can or will go wrong will be Oscar's fault regardless.

They are both guilty but only one of them has fight next month and only one of them has any meaningful fights at Welter ahead of them so I wan't want the one that doesn't have any meaningful fights left in him out of the sport as an active participant. It's really that simple. Oscar needs to lose to a "B" class fighter ASAP so no other big names can chase after the money anymore. Hopefully my Voodoo investment pays off.
PR316
Being complacent is what could really beat Floyd. He's now at that point where he clearly isn't "up" for every fight. I don't think Oscar will be one of those fights because he's going to be very eager to beat Oscar again to stick it to his dad.

I thought Floyd beat Oscar pretty comfortably the first time(8 rounds to 4 was my score). Oscar had his moments and all, but he was outboxed pretty easily for the most part and never really came close to scoring the KO. The only way I can see Oscar winning is a 1 punch KO.

The judges of course can always "Felix Sturm" him and take away the decision if Floyd doesn't do enough in some rounds. But I think the smart money says that Floyd decisions him easier next time.
EpTXCHAMP
any fighter with golden boy and especially the golden boy himself always have a chance to win since they always have a judge or two in their pocket lol Jk

all joking aside this fight being at 147 gives dlh a snowballs chance in hell of winning he couldn't catch floyd at 154 no way he does at 147.

all you need to do is look at a PRIME dlh fight a washed up and prob coked up pernell DLH struggled then so no way he does any better against floyd now that he's older and slower

only way dlh wins is if golden boy gets the same judges the paid off in the cruz casamayor fight
AKay
Yes I do believe he believes it.
And I do think Oscar can squeek out a decision.
CreDog
QUOTE(AKay @ Apr 3 2008, 01:18 PM) [snapback]384926[/snapback]
Yes I do believe he believes it.
And I do think Oscar can squeek out a decision.

Let me look into my crystal ball...... Oscar squeaks out a contreversial decison that sets them up for the grudge match!! For Cinco de Mayo 2009... Ugggh..... And the rich get richer.
buford54
I think the big question is "how much will Mayweather charge for his "0"."
If he's been guaranteed 20-30 million for the grudge match, I could certainly see Oscar getting a squeaker decision that is hugely controversial.
Of course the grudge match would have to wait until Cinco de Mayo...not December like ODLH is saying his final match would be.
Part of the reason being that nobody would have bought the rematch if they fought 3 months after their first fight. Since it will have been a year and a half, people are planning on buying it.
If Oscar squeaks out a SD, it won't be an exciting fight. There won't be any inherent drama from a knockout or...it will be a Mayweather style fight in which Oscar was the aggressor, and kept up the jab the whole fight.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I can definitely see DLH winning this fight. When DLH used that jab in the first fight it was extremely effective. If he can use it well in the rematch, he can beat Floyd, and it wouldn't be a robbery at all. Also, about the activity thing. Mayweather would be coming in the ring off a 9 month layoff, compared to the 6 month layoff for the first fight. It might effect him, but i dont think so. He's an incredible fighter, so the activity shouldnt be too much of a factor. Both guys will train hard. The first fight was pretty close, and the closest Floyd has been to being defeated in 3-4 years.
rubbigd
why does oscar keep calling out these smaller guys(floyd-manny,ect) why wont he fight winky?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Apr 3 2008, 03:58 PM) [snapback]384906[/snapback]

The one responsable for making it such a average fight was PBF not DLH.

DLH pressed the action which was unfortunate for PBF as he is recovering from testicular cancer & has had his balls removed, thus he would not fight a mans fight but one that someone with a mangina would. Quite sad really.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(rubbigd @ Apr 4 2008, 12:41 AM) [snapback]384960[/snapback]
why does oscar keep calling out these smaller guys(floyd-manny,ect) why wont he fight winky?

Name one thing Winky has done to deserve a shot at DLH & the millions? Cry about a draw that he deserved? Make the worlds most boring fights even more unwatchable by his force of personality (or lack of it).

Fuck the punk, he can go spam people with his shitty record label.
BrutalBodyShots
Anyone else think DLH may put up a Sturm-like performance against Forbes?

PR316
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Apr 4 2008, 12:48 AM) [snapback]384962[/snapback]
The one responsable for making it such a average fight was PBF not DLH.

DLH pressed the action which was unfortunate for PBF as he is recovering from testicular cancer & has had his balls removed, thus he would not fight a mans fight but one that someone with a mangina would. Quite sad really.

Still bitter about the Hatton fight I see.
streetlion1
He believes what he is saying....not sure I believe it but it has me more interested! He claims to have the remedy to beat his son...only time will tell.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(PR316 @ Apr 4 2008, 02:03 AM) [snapback]384968[/snapback]
Still bitter about the Hatton fight I see.

I am not bitter about that fight as it went much the way I thought it would (bar the KO). A dodgy biased referee & floyds skill level always made it a 90/10 proposition. Even with a neutral ref it was no more than 70/30.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Apr 3 2008, 08:33 PM) [snapback]384965[/snapback]
Anyone else think DLH may put up a Sturm-like performance against Forbes?

No, he's already in better shape than when he fought Sturm. But it would be funny seeing a fat De la Hoya against a beefed up Jr.Lightweight.
MarzB
I really don't understand how anyone saw the first fight as close. Floyd figured out Oscar by Round 5 and Oscar's best round I want to say was 8 or 9 when he landed his jab. Oscar fans and people who'll tout the "jab" argument forget to mention that the reason he stopped throwing it is that Floyd started to counter it with his overhand right.

Now Floyd is being labeled as this powder puff puncher but if thats the case why didn't Oscar feel he could come through and still throw that jab?? It's obvious that over hand right of Floyd's had something on it for DLH to have kept the jab in the holster.

The one thing I'll give Oscar credit on is his defense that fight. Honestly though he to me at times was in a shell but he defended Floyd's left hook very well that fight. I had it easy 8 rounds to 4 Floyd. There were instances in the fight I was amazed that he's a professional with an amateur pedigree the type of punches he was throwing. There were so many flurries (amateurish) that DLH threw that Floyd pretty much rolled every punch.

Personally I'm heavily rooting for Forbes and I think he can totally outbox DLH which is what he has to do to get a a possible decision. He can make Oscar look so bad that a rematch with Floyd won't be financially viable. Thats the scenario I want.
PR316
^^^^I had the same score. Oscar had moments, but it was a pretty comfortable fight for Floyd overall. There were never any moments I saw that Oscar threatened seriously.
Bhopreign
I guess I see things differently than most folks. The fight wasnt boring to me, perhaps didnt live up to the pre-fight drama and it seemed Floyd really never got out of second gear, but thats not his fault, if you wont to blame someone blame his opponent. Its up to them to make Floyd fight. Oscar was trying to set traps all night long, so from a technical standpoint, I enjoyed watching this chess match, because Floyd would never fall for the traps and you could tell he saw them. The key to staying in a fight with Floyd is for Oscar is to jab when Floyd is in his defensive stance and back up, the key is to score points and not think about the KO. You can forget about the right hand since Floyd ducks, hides his chin behind his left shoulder and rolls the punch. Floyd wants you to throw your right hand to make you miss so he can either counter or get you winded by you missing with that punch. Hit him with the right hand to the kidney, behind the back, the ones that Oscar landed, which were few, where set up with his jab, and were unorthodox right hands from a weird angle, Floyd would smile with a congratulatory gesture. Floyd was playing with Oscar some in that fight too, I remember one round when Floyd kept sticking his left shoulder out there and Oscar would hit it and Floyd would stick it out again with grin, Oscar would hit it, and Floyd would do it again with an even bigger grin, Ive watched this fight more times than any the past year and scored it 8-4 PBF and so no problem with 9-3, how anybody could give Oscar the 12th when he did nothing is beyond me. Nobody seems to remember the body shots Floyd landed that you could tell hurt Oscar either. Floyd isnt busy throwing punches alot but its the ones that count that matter, he threw body shots when Oscar was least expecting them and they caused him to either back up or stop coming forward. How dare anyone say Floyd made the fight boring, when you go to a bullfight you dont expect the matador to charge the bull do you? You know what youre gonna get when you watch Floyd so there is nothing to scratch your head about.
Bhopreign
QUOTE(MarzB @ Apr 6 2008, 02:52 PM) [snapback]385270[/snapback]
I really don't understand how anyone saw the first fight as close. Floyd figured out Oscar by Round 5 and Oscar's best round I want to say was 8 or 9 when he landed his jab. Oscar fans and people who'll tout the "jab" argument forget to mention that the reason he stopped throwing it is that Floyd started to counter it with his overhand right.

Now Floyd is being labeled as this powder puff puncher but if thats the case why didn't Oscar feel he could come through and still throw that jab?? It's obvious that over hand right of Floyd's had something on it for DLH to have kept the jab in the holster.

The one thing I'll give Oscar credit on is his defense that fight. Honestly though he to me at times was in a shell but he defended Floyd's left hook very well that fight. I had it easy 8 rounds to 4 Floyd. There were instances in the fight I was amazed that he's a professional with an amateur pedigree the type of punches he was throwing. There were so many flurries (amateurish) that DLH threw that Floyd pretty much rolled every punch.

Personally I'm heavily rooting for Forbes and I think he can totally outbox DLH which is what he has to do to get a a possible decision. He can make Oscar look so bad that a rematch with Floyd won't be financially viable. Thats the scenario I want.

You saw the exact same fight I saw. I keep telling people Floyd hits harder than what most think. Same thing Ive said, there is a reason Oscar stopped coming forward. Oscar did show good defense for Floyd's left hook. Floyd likes to make you think he is throwing a jab and he leaps in with a hook, that worked over and over against Corrales, but Oscar blocked it just about every time. I agree with you too, Oscar's punches did look amateurish, that lets me know though that Floyd threw him off technically and he couldnt land the punches he normally does. Its like aiming for a moving target, you dont aim right at it, you kinda try and predict where its gonna be.
thehype
QUOTE(Bhopreign @ Apr 8 2008, 05:20 AM) [snapback]385407[/snapback]
I guess I see things differently than most folks. The fight wasnt boring to me, perhaps didnt live up to the pre-fight drama and it seemed Floyd really never got out of second gear, but thats not his fault, if you wont to blame someone blame his opponent. Its up to them to make Floyd fight. Oscar was trying to set traps all night long, so from a technical standpoint, I enjoyed watching this chess match, because Floyd would never fall for the traps and you could tell he saw them. The key to staying in a fight with Floyd is for Oscar is to jab when Floyd is in his defensive stance and back up, the key is to score points and not think about the KO. You can forget about the right hand since Floyd ducks, hides his chin behind his left shoulder and rolls the punch. Floyd wants you to throw your right hand to make you miss so he can either counter or get you winded by you missing with that punch. Hit him with the right hand to the kidney, behind the back, the ones that Oscar landed, which were few, where set up with his jab, and were unorthodox right hands from a weird angle, Floyd would smile with a congratulatory gesture. Floyd was playing with Oscar some in that fight too, I remember one round when Floyd kept sticking his left shoulder out there and Oscar would hit it and Floyd would stick it out again with grin, Oscar would hit it, and Floyd would do it again with an even bigger grin, Ive watched this fight more times than any the past year and scored it 8-4 PBF and so no problem with 9-3, how anybody could give Oscar the 12th when he did nothing is beyond me. Nobody seems to remember the body shots Floyd landed that you could tell hurt Oscar either. Floyd isnt busy throwing punches alot but its the ones that count that matter, he threw body shots when Oscar was least expecting them and they caused him to either back up or stop coming forward. How dare anyone say Floyd made the fight boring, when you go to a bullfight you dont expect the matador to charge the bull do you? You know what youre gonna get when you watch Floyd so there is nothing to scratch your head about.

That's the EXACT same fight that I saw...in fact, I scored it 8-4 for Floyd.

Only 3 or so posts in and I already like you Bhopreign.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.