Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monkey Business
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Apr 9 2008, 12:40 PM) [snapback]385534[/snapback]
best thread ive ever seen on this board. poor brad. cant believe he said greg is gonna keep getting big time interviews though.

poor brad? he just needs to learn how to handle his business better. how many times can you get stiffed before you give your boss the boot? i mean i know i wouldn't work for some dude that wasn't paying me, and take shit from him also.

i guess he finally di leave though.
Obama1
Pissed 'yer pants, Coyote? Shit, I switched to Depends days ago! (I couldn't find a boxingtalk t-shirt). BTW, I'm working on a G. Leon-Federline pinata for Cinco de Mayo. That and a Corona, some Sauza Tequila and you're all set for your Cinco de Mayo celebration. thumbsup_anim.gif
rusty_trombone
damn, all of this has brought akay out from his hole? what the fuck man, you're like a bigfoot around here, we only get glimpses of you and shit.
Boxingjunkie
Great stuff Hype. Could there possible be more? This is better than all the reality shows on TV combined.
AKay
I got a new job since August that blocks everything non business on the internet.
So I can only logon through my cell phone!!!
Method
So I can only logon through my cell phone!!!

LOL.
Byrd Man
I bet Hype's long ass posts are pissing you off.

No wonder you can't post but every couple weeks. It takes you that long to cycle through a Hype post on that cellphone of yours!

lol
Tha Docta
shows dedication to log in and post on a cell phone. i wouldnt have the patience for that and none of my posts are important enough to go through that aggravation anyway.
thehype

THE TRUTH BEHIND THE HYPE - NO STONE UNTURNED

Ok, since Ben Thompson decided to drag me into his war with Leon, I have had yet another round of defending my integrity once again. Here's the truth about Ben Thompson of Fighthype.com, and how I got involved in all of this. TRUTH number 1 - I received an email from Ben Thompson, WHO KNOWS HOW LONG AGO, and I even forgot what it said, but I messed up and forwarded that email to Greg Leon and I shouldn't have. I apologized to Ben Thompson more than once for doing it, because I felt bad for doing it to the guy. He never accepted my apology, and that's fine, I made the apology and moved on. This was like a year ago, or more.

OK, that was my F up. When I resigned from Boxingtalk the first time, I had a fight with Greg Leon, because he wasn't paying me what I thought he should, he had my video tapes of interviews that I did with fighters, and I wanted them back. Leon and I went back and forth in emails fighting. I didn't know it at the time, but Leon was fowarding my emails to Ben Thompson, (at the time Thompson and Leon were on good terms). NOW 2 YEARS LATER... Thompson (HYPE) and Greg Leon are at war again. Allegedly, HYPE used copyrighted Boxingtalk content for his site, and Leon taxed him for it. Hype has his reasons for being pissed at Leon as well. SO... What does Hype do?, he posts all of my emails that I sent to Greg (2 YEAR OLD EMAILS) I might add, to expose Leon on how he treated me. AT MY EXPENSE.

Some may say, WELL BRAD, YOU DESERVED IT BECAUSE YOU FORWARDED AN EMAIL THAT THOMPSON SENT TO YOU TO GREG LEON. I say bullthit! not this kind of payback. THOMPSON posted my emails, and now every F'ing boxing forum on the internet is reading them, and twisting things around, and now I have even been accused of being a conman. LMAO -

I post ALL of the AUDIOS of my interviews as many of you know HERE - http://www.myspace.com for you to listen to, so I have PROOF that my interviews are real. BEN THOMPSON is GUILTY of VERY SIMILAR things that he says I am. This guy emails Dan Horgan (writer) and offers the guy assistance with his website, and is all nice, then blasts Horgan in his forums for an article that Horgan did on Jesus Chavez. HYPOCRITE?? BEN THOMPSON is good at posting emails on his message boards, and I am sure the punk ass will post this one, and probably the emals that I sent to Leon 2 years ago... but I don't care they are all out there anyway. SO you people make up your minds.. HYPE is no angel, and he's a bitch for doing what he did.
nea.gif

Oh Bradley...I really don't have time for you anymore.

I'll try...TRY...to keep this short because I gotta stay focused...keep my eye on the prize.

Defend your integrity? You don't have to defend your integrity. It is what it is. You said you'd NEVER come back...but you did.

"You can have your money, and you can keep your insults too."

Oh, I see....that's what your integrity is all about. No need to defend it to me...maybe yourself, but not to me.

Regarding "TRUTH number 1"....

You know exactly what it said...we were discussing leon and YOUR pay...so I gave you the scoop on what some other guys were getting from leon compared to your "salary"...so you went to leon and tried to hustle him out of a little more...told him that you knew other guys were making more...so leon asked you how you knew...so you forwarded the email to leon. Don't make it sound like it was an innocent little mistake. Like, "oops...my bad...I totally pressed the wrong button." No Bradley...that's not how it went down at all. In fact, in your apology, you even pointed out the fact that, in hindsight, you probably shouldn't have sent him the email, but you had to do what you had to do to try and squeeze a little more blood out of that turnip. You remember full well exactly what went down so don't try to pretend like you don't.

Regarding you not knowing at the time that your emails to Greg were being sent to me...

HUH? Are you sure you don't want to change that answer? Haven't you been paying attention? Here...let me remind you of the email you sent to me:

Date: 2006/12/20 Wed PM 6:21:41 EST
To: betii@fuse.net
Subject:

Ben:

I don't expect a reply from you, in fact I would be surprised if I got one.
With that said, I see your fearless leaders is CCing all of his lovely, and
professional emails to me, to you.
I have no hard feelings towards you at all,
but as you can see by Greg Leon's arrogance that things have soured with me and
ole G. I decided to leave Boxingtalk for numerous reasons, none of which had
anything to do with you, so again no hard feelings. I have been asking Greg Leon
for literally MONTHS for my tapes back, and all I have gotten in response is
emails littered with insults, and arrogance from the guy. Boxingtalk is a
popular site, nobody can doubt that, but for me? integrity is more important
than popularity. Good luck to you Ben, again no hard feelings.

Brad C

Now what was it you just said?

"I didn't know it at the time, but Leon was fowarding my emails to Ben Thompson"

Now again...I ask....are you SURE you don't want to change that response?

Yeah...that's what I thought...you knew it. But hey...I'm just being picky...just want to make sure you get ALL the facts straight.

As for the following:

"Allegedly, HYPE used copyrighted Boxingtalk content for his site, and Leon taxed him for it. Hype has his reasons for being pissed at Leon as well."

1. I didn't.

2. Leon taxed me simply because he partially paid me (I believe there's some still some money owed, but in his defense, I don't think I ever sent him the full invoice) for some client-based work I did for him in 2007. Like every law abiding US citizen, I should be paying my taxes on that money so of course I should be taxed...as should you for the $10/interview you were receiving during your tenure. Speaking of which, what the fuck is up with leon and sending those 1099's out so late? I mean, I STILL haven't gotten mine. What's up with that bullshit? Have you gotten yours yet? Weren't we supposed to get those by the end of January or something? Oh well...no worries...I can just check my bank account for the deposited checks to get the total amount. Hope you've been keeping track of your income as well. Oh well...even if you haven't been, at least you can go back through the boxingtalk archives and count up all the interviews you did. It would have been so much easier had we gotten that 1099 on time though...or maybe you already have gotten yours...damn...let me know.

3. The reasons why I'm pissed at leon are because 1) he won't leave me alone, 2) he constantly threatens me, 3) he's openly stated that he wants to "crush" me AND 4) he implied that I care more about fighting with him than I care about my children. Those are my reasons! Put THAT out there as well. Tell the truth, the WHOLE truth and nothing but the truth...at least, that's what people with integrity do.

For the most part, all of that middle stuff you said was true....I put those emails out there as an example of how leon treats people...the EXACT SAME EMAILS THAT YOU FORWARDED TO THE ENTIRE BOXINGTALK STAFF...DARREN NICHOLS, PERCY CRAWFORD AND JAMES ALDEN TO NAME A FEW. Please don't make me put up the emails that Darren and Percy forwarded to me that you, yourself, sent to Darren, Percy and others in order to prove it...just admit that you forwarded those same emails on to several others as well in an attempt to show others how leon treats the people that work for him...I'M DOING THE EXACT SAME THING YOU DID LONG BEFORE ME....I just have a much bigger audience...don't hate.

As for your interviews...I never said anything bad about your interviews. You got me confused with someone else...the only person I ever said has faked an interview is leon...and I believe Mrs. Mosley came on here and co-signed that fact. I actually enjoy your cute interviews...I mean...if I DID have a complaint about them, I'd say they were a pain in the ass to edit. A lot of spelling and grammar mistakes...but hey...that's what editors are for.

Now, your claim that "BEN THOMPSON is GUILTY of VERY SIMILAR things that he says I am"...Oh no, no, NO I'm not your honor.

My integrity is just fine. You see Bradley...I never really worked for leon. I was never under any contract, never under any agreement and NOT ONCE did I ever ask him for any money. In fact, when I came on board with boxingtalk, I specifically told him that I did NOT want any money. He'll tell you that himself. "Yeah...I remember when you was a nigga talkin' about you ain't gotta pay nothin' G...I'll help out for free." Yeah...I came on wanting nothing...I came on asking for nothing...I never asked for anything during my ENTIRE tenure with boxingtalk. The scraps that leon gave me, he gave me simply because he felt I deserved it. There was never any set amount asked for or agreed upon. I honestly did everything that I did for boxingtalk for the love of the sport. I LOVED it. I love boxing...I loved being around it...I loved being involved with it...and I loved making a contribution that other people enjoyed. You gotta remember Bradley...I did a lot of shit. Fan's P4P list...Hit Count...Hype Boxes...audio....videos...and not just putting up those regular old videos...I mean, I'd sit back for hours on the weekend ripping fights from DVDs, making promo vids, putting together some tight (well...at least I thought they were tight) training footage of Mayweather, Judah, Tyson...the list goes on...oh my goodness you just don't know how much I did and STILL do because I LOVE the sport. There's sooooooo much shit up on boxingtalk that you were looking at that I was responsible for. That's why I stayed with leon so long. Not because I wanted money from him....nah....he'll tell you himself....or hell...don't even worry about it....I'LL TELL YOU MYSELF when I put up all of MY OWN emails back and fourth to leon talking about "not wanting money" and "doing this as a hobby" and all kinds of crap where I made it CRYSTAL CLEAR that's IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY!!!! I will definitely put those emails up for all to see and I think my integrity will be just fine. I sleep just fine at night...always have and always will.

That weak attempt to call me a hypocrite by saying I emailed Dan Horgan and "offers the guy assistance with his website, and is all nice, then blasts Horgan in his forums for an article that Horgan did on Jesus Chavez." Weak. Really, really weak. Mark Furhman weak. "Nigger! Nigger! Nigger!" I didn't blast Horgan. Wait, wait, wait....before I get to that, I didn't even email Horgan to offer him assistance with his website. Get THAT shit straight first. I emailed him to give him SOUND advice about leon, since I noticed he had an article posted on boxingtalk. In fact...yeah...since I like to post emails, here's the one I sent him:

Date: Monday, March 31, 2008 2:56 PM

To: danhorgan2@gmail.com

Subject: Boxingtalk
Hi Dan,

I like your work. Just a bit of advice for a young kid getting deeper into the
sport...Boxingtalk is NOT the place where you want to have your work associated
with. In fact, Greg Leon is someone you should try to distance yourself as far
as possible from. Take it from someone who was Greg's right hand man for roughly
the past four years. Of course, I'm sure if you happen to mention this email to
Greg, he'll just try to say I'm some disgruntled "employee" or something, but
really, just trying to give you some sound advice.

But don't just take it from me...just ask Mike Katz, Steve Kim, Doug Fischer,
George Willis or even some of the guys that are still there, like Darren Nichols
or Brad Cooney. And if that's not good enough, feel free to hit me back and I'll
be glad to provide you with a great deal of evidence on how people are treated
over there.

Take care,

Ben Thompson
He replied with some blah, blah, blah...I replied back with "Best of luck. Let me know if you need any help with anything."

I didn't offer to help him with any website. Well...okay your honor...you got me....I did say "anything".

laugh.gif

I mean seriously....you can't even get that straight.

But anyway, I never "blasted" Horgan on the forum.

Coyote_Duran may have described his article as inflammatory, but not me...no sir. Truth is...I never read it so I don't even know what it's about. I just said:

"LOL. I saw that...times must be tough."

As in, "YEAH, I SAW THAT DAN HORGAN HAD AN ARTICLE ON BOXINGTALK"...duh...and "YEAH, TIMES MUST BE TOUGH GOING FROM MIKE KATZ TO GEORGE WILLIS TO DAN HORGAN"...how do you go from being able to afford Mike Katz and George Willis to now having to rely on an 18-year-old...or whatever his age is? That wasn't really meant as a knock on Dan...I'm just sayin'....leon must not be ballin' quite as big as he used to be...times must be tough. Geesh.

The only other time I even refer to Dan Horgan is in the following:

Well he ain't getting paid by Leon...that's for sure.

As Brad Cooney found out, if you ain't bringing interviews that generate money, then your ass ain't getting paid....

Much more to follow later tonight....check back often and remember where you heard it first.

Hypocrite? How am I being a hypocrite? Why are you making up these lies about me bradley? Isn't that considered slander or something?

Your honor, I'd like to ask that you dismiss the case on the grounds of stupidity.

laugh.gif

Oh, oh, oh...speaking of posting emails and slander...

Ben,

Go ahead an post this in your forum too if you want to, I don't give a shit. Like I said before, you're 10 times the asshole that I will ever be. I aired it all out, my fuck up by forwarding your email to Leon, and my apologies. I posted it on Pacland, my blog, JMM forums, and more to come. Nice to see how you stab Dan Horgan in the back. Emailing him, offering him assistance, being all nice then ramming a knife in his back on your site. Oh back to my question Ben, why did you stay so loyal to Greg all of those years? I didn't see you post that answer in your forums? Ironically it seems Leon treated you and I basically the same way, and yet here we are staring each other down. You can use your fighthype.com to post whatever the fuck you want to post. I didn't deserve this shit. You say payback is a bitch Bradley? I say bullshit, not this bad a payback. Posting my picture on your site? Isn't tha t slander? That's against the law Ben. I work with law enforcement every day in my regular line of work, and I'll be researching what my legal options are. I'm sure you'll post this as well, and as soon as you do, I will print copies of it as I have what you already posted, and will be putting that in my file for my attorney as well.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Come on...you knew I had to do it.

It's good to know that I've gone from being 100 times the asshole to just 10 times the asshole. Maybe after this, you'll just view us equally as assholes.

laugh.gif

Okay...already addressed the Dan Horgan issue (stabbed him in the back...please)...already answered the question about leon...I stayed because I had no where else to go to do the things that I could to do to contribute to the sport. Once I was able to have my own site and do it on my own, I moved on. I did this a hobby...once leon tried to turn it into a job for me by thinking he was my boss and that he could order me around, it was no longer fun, it was no longer a hobby, but now it was a job and that, my friend, is exactly what I didn't want it to be. You gotta remember...I walked AWAY from money...much more money than you could ever dream of getting out of leon. Everybody that EVER had a problem with leon, I always told them not to worry about him and just deal with me. EVERYBODY at boxingtalk can attest to that. They ALL talked and worked with ME. Hell, you probably got more emails from me than you ever did from leon. If there was a problem, they'd cry to me. I was the fvckin glue that held everything together so, quite frankly, I guess I felt more like I was being loyal to YOU guys moreso than to leon. He was going to do whatever he was going to do regardless of what you, me or anyone else had to say to him...he's going to make sure he's putting money in his pocket...plain and simple...and no amount of me preaching to him was going to change the fact that he operates the way he operates. And believe me brother...I TRIED to change him...told him to do A LOT of things differently. Again...don't worry...I'll put those emails out for all to see as well...all in due time though...all in due time. A wise friend once told me that with leon, you just gotta understand what you're dealing with. I did understand it...when I didn't want to deal with him, I'd put him on ignore...again...those emails coming soon to a thread near you. I got my enjoyment out of what I was doing, and once those two things crossed paths, when he thought that the fact that he gave me money that I never asked for gave him the right to order me around as though he was my boss...well, that's when it was time to bounce...which is exactly what I did with my integrity intact. Don't get me wrong...I did stay about five months longer than I had anticipated....that damn Mayweather-De La Hoya fight...there's no way I could have left at that time and been guaranteed a ringside seat to cover the event of the year (on a sidenote, I STILL say that Floyd won an easy 8 rounds). I just had to grit it out for a few more months and I would be straight; I would be free. You can call Darren...he'll co-sign on that one for me...I always joked with him, "just a few more months till the fight and I'll be free". But hey, it is what it is, I knew what I was dealing with and when it was time to say goodbye, I said goodbye...and very politely I might add. In fact, I even offered to continue to help leon from time to time if need be, but of course, it would have to be on a client basis where he would pay me my hourly rate. Damn it...you're making me give up waaaay too much juice right now Bradley. I'll post that conversation at a later date.

Anyway...the point, Bradley, is that I really don't have any problem with you. Honestly...you should be THANKING me that I did this because it made you take a look in the mirror and have a heart to heart with yourself. You did the right thing...you got away from a shady situation and now you've upgraded to a website that does much more traffic than leon's site. Shout out to boxingconfidential.com. In fact, I bet once Marley saw you were getting a mere $10/interview, he probably gave you a nice raise....$20 or $30 per interview...as leon would say, "that's a good look." Honestly, I really think you should look at the good in all of this. I mean....YOU WERE RIGHT. You were right all along about leon. That's a good thing. Instead of you thinking that we're staring at each other, you should turn your head around and start staring back at leon and wonder, "when in the hell am I going to get my 1099" and "who the hell are you calling a degreeless journalist you degreeless journalist". I mean, seriously, my problem isn't with you Bradley...it's with leon. Instead of focusing your energy on me, we should be rising up together against the dark forces in the galaxy. Don't just do it for me...do it for the fighters...like Ishe Smith and Monte Barret...come on man...you know it ain't right.

Blah, blah, blah about posting pictures and slander and blah, blah law enforcement, blah, blah blah lawyer...get in line...but somehow, I don't think it's slander to post a picture of a guy who's got his picture out on MySpace and several other sites for all the world to see. I mean...those pictures are undoctored...unless you're saying that's not what you look like...I don't know...I did a google search and all the pictures that I saw kind of looked like that same pic from your MySpace homepage...I don't know...you be the judge:

Call me crazy, but I'm not gettin' the whole slander angle you're taking here. I hope that wasn't leon advise.

Really though...quit hatin' Brad. This is a good thing. You upgraded to a much a better situation. I did you a favor. Believe me...everyone in the industry is happy for you right now. If you don't believe me, just go read your own thread in Pacland. Or hell...go over to Maxboxing...they're all probably having a mini-celebration over there. Heck, if anything, I just opened the door back up for you to get a Mosley interview...because, as long as you were with boxingtalk, you were never going to get one of those. I mean...do you honestly think you'd be happier with leon right now? Is that what you're saying? I would think leaving him for a site that's doing more traffic than his is a good thing? Isn't it? Why the hate? Enquiring minds want to know.

Shit...that was way too much time wasted. Anyway...Brad, I'm not a certified "advisor" or anything like that, but let me just give you a bit of advise....instead of being all pissy and shitty and wanting to go to battle, just be happy about moving on to a much better platform to plug your work as well as your book where people will appreciate the contributions you make. Like I told you before, I got no problem with you...like they say in law enforcement, "move along, move along...this has nothing to do with you...move along!"

Okay...now please tell me that you didn't post that little response up there on Pacland because if you did, I'm going to have to go over there and set the record straight again by posting this entire reply. I've wasted enough keystrokes already...don't me make Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V this over in Pacland or wherever else you may have posted it. I got a lot of work to do now, but I'll go check in the morning. If you did post it, hopefully by the time I wake up, you'll have retracted most, if not all, of the incorrect facts you stated.

Give peace a chance.

Oh, and for the record, of course I'm not an angel...I mean...who is? But a bitch? I don't think so. I'm not the one who was asking leon for money. I'm not the one who EMPHATICALLY stated, "I'LL NEVER COME BACK!"...only to crawl back for some chump change.

nono.gif
STEVENSKI
Zing!

Hype is the man pure & simple.
Douchebag
This guy Bradley needs to learn when to shut up. This shit would have blown over for him and the focus would still be on Leon if he would have just kept his mouth shut on the whole thing.
someoneswitness
I find it funny that he's going from one site accused of fabricating quotes to another site accused of doing the same thing (Chazz Witherspoon, more than a month ago).
The CEO
"I'd sooner get Cooney'ed out here in the middle of nowhere than lose face in front of my friends and family..."

"Whoa, whoa. What'd you just say??"
- Cooney

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 11 2008, 09:32 AM) [snapback]385705[/snapback]
"I'd sooner get Cooney'ed out here in the middle of nowhere than lose face in front of my friends and family..."

"Whoa, whoa. What'd you just say??"
- Cooney

at least cooney has both his hands, and an extra asshole that hype just gave him
pcraw
When will people learn man! I have no problem with Cooney either and he knows that. Everyone that has done work with Boxingtalk should know the common factor in every fvcked up situation that has happen over there, $ and the leader. Not Hype. Maybe I'm biased because Hype is my dude, but I could remember the phone calls with Hype telling me he told G. he should shoot $50-100 to Cooney and Darren for this that or the other that they did and G. would be like fvck that. Hype is not who you have your problem with he's showing the boxing world not just peopel on this forum who cares for the sport and who doesnt.

On a side note Hype is a smart dude man and you betta have A-K'S, M-1'S, AR'S, grenades, loaded hand guns, knives and sling shots when you come at his head!
Tha Docta
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Apr 11 2008, 10:53 AM) [snapback]385707[/snapback]
at least cooney has both his hands, and an extra asshole that hype just gave him

cooney sure has taken a good ass kicking in this thread. but he brought it on himself and its really his own words that are biting him in the ass at the moment. if i were cooney id be embarrassed too that hype exposed me as a spineless little pussy thats scared of g leon. and i loved his threat of a lawsuit against hype. he better crank out a shitload of those 10$ interviews to pay his lawyer fees.

cooney being the idiot that he is has taken the emphasis off of g leon by putting a target on his own back. we were all ready for some good ole fashioned leon bashing and then cooney flashes his vagina and grabs all the attention. but i think his anger is more out of embarrassment than actually feeling that he was wronged in some way.
Don Flamenco
LOL at fightbeat sidebustin. There sure has been some testosterone flying around the hype this past week.

Makes for a great tuneup for tomorrow's action
The CEO
I don't understand why he's broadcasting this to other boards....it's like he wants people to know he's been fucked in the ass..."bad pub is still pub" doesn't apply to this...dude needs to find a new internet and start over...too bad there's only one....

laugh.gif
Byrd Man
this brings up a pet peeve of mine.

Why is it, and Brad this isn't necessarily specifically to you, but why is it that everytime you see dudes posing with boxers, they always got their fists up in a fighting pose?

come on now. That shit is played out.

I see that shit everytime you see someone posing with Ali, and it just makes me wish Ali woudl just slap the shit out of them when they put their fists up and be like "I'm a fucking MAN first, not a fighter anymore. Respect me enough to just take a damn picture."

Maybe that's just me though.
thehype
Well I'm done arguing with Brad...it's really just a waste of my time since I honestly didn't have a problem with him to begin with.

As someone else pointed out, I'm sure he's just upset because he's embarrased with the fact that he said he'd never come back, and yet, he did anyway because "he needed the money"...but hey...I'm not the one who's out there broadcasting it to Pacquiao's forum, Juan Manuel Marquez's forum, and wherever else he's bringing light to the subject. I kept it all right here for us "30 monkeys" to see just how leon treats his people.

And I gotta co-sign on lmao @ fightbeat tryin' to get involved...like I pointed out over there, I've got all the emails and all the evidence I need to prove that what I say is true...and yet, I haven't seen one shred of evidence provided by him regarding his false accusations and fake email pictures.

It's truly just sad that this is the route that some people want to go. I would think that it would be better if we all worked together to help the sport out, but I see that jealousy about website traffic and success will always prevent that from happening with certain individuals. I won't waste anymore time addressing Carlos Guzman of fightbeat and his accusations that I tried to "steal his writers" because I know the truth and have the evidence to back it up. In fact, I would love for the interested parties to come in here and prove otherwise....ah, but they won't because they can't. Even Cooney, who just today sent me another email (and speaking of, don't worry Brad, I'll personally give you a call...just not this second as I'm a little behind on work at the moment) and admitted that 99.9% of the stuff I said about leon is true (although I like to think that it's really 100%...Im' curious to know the .1% that he disagress about) and went on to say "Yes, I agree I am in a much better place now than on Boxingtalk."

Okay then...if you're happier today than you were a few days ago before all this news broke, then what exactly is the problem?

I just don't get it.

Really sad...but whatever. The attempt to focus the attention on someone else has failed...like I said, I gotta stay focused.
AKay
WOWSERZ!
Too much for my little phone screen to digest!!

BEEF! Its whats for dinner!
AKay
Douchebag
Just a something to point out. G. Leon acts like he is the thug but as soon a Brad even hinted at seeing what he does when they are face to face, he wanted to bring lawyers in the picture. That is so not gangsta, if he is not built like that he should stop posing. He would gain alot more respect that way.
Spyder
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Apr 11 2008, 03:15 PM) [snapback]385745[/snapback]
Just a something to point out. G. Leon acts like he is the thug but as soon a Brad even hinted at seeing what he does when they are face to face, he wanted to bring lawyers in the picture. That is so not gangsta, if he is not built like that he should stop posing. He would gain alot more respect that way.

Seriously, you don't see Dougie Fischer dragging sluts around on a leash.

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE(Spyder @ Apr 11 2008, 04:02 PM) [snapback]385747[/snapback]
Seriously, you don't see Dougie Fischer dragging sluts around on a leash.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

That's because Doug's married...but then again, so is leon...at least he was.

laugh.gif
Byrd Man
where's the picture of THAT? lol
plush
QUOTE(thehype @ Apr 9 2008, 10:55 AM) [snapback]385517[/snapback]
http://squarecircle65.blogspot.com/2008/04...on-by-brad.html
Well that was certainly unexpected, but good for you Bradley...stick with that integrity.

clapping.gif

I do ask one thing though....you think maybe you could change the following sentence:

"Ben Thompson decided that he would post several emails that I sent to Greg Leon onto his message boards in an act to expose Greg Leon."

To something like that:

"Ben Thompson decided that he would post several emails that I sent to Greg Leon, which he in turn forwarded to Ben Thompson and I later forwarded on to the entire boxintalk staff, onto his message boards in an act to expose Greg Leon."

Also, maybe you could an add a link to this thread to help people get a better understanding of exactly what was said.

laugh.gif

Oh...and for the record...I wouldn't necessarily say that you were "dragged into the middle of it." I mean, like I said, it wasn't really about you...those two-year-old emails were used just as an example. I don't think anyone said anything negative about you until you called me an "asshole"...once you said that, then you put yourself into a little tit-for-tat with me. But make no mistake, my issue with Leon has nothing to do with you and your definitely not in the middle of it.

Dear BC

YOU SHOULD BE MAD AT YOU.
Dammmmmmmmmmmmm 10 dollars.....10 DOLLARS....Greg Pimped you like a 2 dollar trick beach.gif

thehype
QUOTE(plush @ Apr 11 2008, 06:27 PM) [snapback]385755[/snapback]
Greg Pimped you like a 2 dollar trick beach.gif

Like Bunni D. Wabbit

laugh.gif
stateofthegame
QUOTE(thehype @ Apr 12 2008, 05:51 AM) [snapback]385757[/snapback]
Like Bunni D. Wabbit

laugh.gif

LOL! It took me a minute, but I got it. Now that is funny!!.
Byrd Man
KookedKrack
2 men have a disagreement one man says we can settle it when I see you, the other starts talking about lawyers which one is the bitch?
thehype
QUOTE(Fitz @ Apr 11 2008, 10:07 PM) [snapback]385765[/snapback]
What am I missing with Leon and the leash? If he wasn't on the leash, why is it funny? It's a credit to him if he had some whore on a leash, I'm not sure where the joke is on that one.

Ah...but that's the question...who exactly was on that leash?

From what I hear, it was a couple of people.

I wonder if anyone has any pictures?

dntknw.gif
Eaner0919
QUOTE(thehype @ Apr 11 2008, 10:31 PM) [snapback]385769[/snapback]
Ah...but that's the question...who exactly was on that leash?

From what I hear, it was a couple of people.

I wonder if anyone has any pictures?

dntknw.gif

none of my crew do but each one (about a dozen) can attest it was a true story and no it was not Mrs. Leon

"Steve Kim don't eat like I do son!!!"- G Leon trying to act all thug to one of my boys
Coyote Duran
QUOTE(Eaner0919 @ Apr 12 2008, 02:36 PM) [snapback]385824[/snapback]
none of my crew do but each one (about a dozen) can attest it was a true story and no it was not Mrs. Leon

"Steve Kim don't eat like I do son!!!"- G Leon trying to act all thug to one of my boys

Maybe K9 doesn't like Top Ramen. It's not for everyone.
woooooo
Chee at doghouseboxing is still a certified douchebag.
Coyote Duran
QUOTE(woooooo @ Apr 12 2008, 07:36 PM) [snapback]385855[/snapback]
Chee at doghouseboxing is still a certified douchebag.

I'm curious since DHB is my home, why do you feel that way?
Eaner0919
QUOTE(Coyote Duran @ Apr 12 2008, 03:42 PM) [snapback]385828[/snapback]
Maybe K9 doesn't like Top Ramen. It's not for everyone.

thumbsup_anim.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
This thread went quiet all of a sudden.
Spyder
I think Hype just needed a couple of days to rest from the pounding he gave Greg Leon all week.

Come on Hype, time to start shoving pineapples up Hitler's ass again!

thumbsup_anim.gif
thehype
LOL

Nah...just a busy weekend...haven't really had time to post anything new with all the fights going on this weekend...not to mention it being tax time and all.

But don't worry...I'll have more juice to drop...like this little nugget:

G. Leon advisory group has just inked IBF jr. middleweight champion Verno Phillips.

Now, remember where you REALLY heard it first.

Not for nothing, but Verno didn't need him to get the title so what exactly does he need him for now. Terrible, terrible, foolish move for Verno.

"Yeah nigga...you know I got DiBella on lock...the Bobfather on lock...Leon Margules on lock...we can do big things nigga...you know Forrest is my boy so I can get you that fight...blah, blah, blah...."

At least that's how I imagine that conversation going down.
rusty_trombone
not that he had too much credibility as a journalist before, but you certainly lose all credibility when you start promoting the guys you right about. jesus, how can anyone digest the crap he posts now that he has an active interest in some fighters.

but i guess respectable journalism was never his game anyway, just hype and interviews.
stateofthegame
I wonder what his boy Spinks thinks about that.
Coyote Duran
QUOTE(thehype @ Apr 14 2008, 09:14 PM) [snapback]386263[/snapback]
LOL

Nah...just a busy weekend...haven't really had time to post anything new with all the fights going on this weekend...not to mention it being tax time and all.

G. Leon advisory group has just inked IBF jr. middleweight champion Verno Phillips.

Not for nothing, but Verno didn't need him to get the title so what exactly does he need him for now. Terrible, terrible, foolish move for Verno.

"Yeah nigga...you know I got DiBella on lock...the Bobfather on lock...Leon Margules on lock...we can do big things nigga...you know Forrest is my boy so I can get you that fight...blah, blah, blah...."

At least that's how I imagine that conversation going down.

You serious?? I thought you were just joshing about him advising fighters.
stateofthegame
"It's true, it's damn true!" - Kurt Angle
Byrd Man
QUOTE(thehype @ Apr 14 2008, 10:14 PM) [snapback]386263[/snapback]

VERNO PHILLIPS INKS WITH NEW ADVISOR
By Matt Goldstein

IBF junior middleweight champion Verno Phillips has inked an advisory agreement with Greg Leon. On March 27, Phillips captured the title via split decision over Cory Spinks in Spinks backyard, St. Louis. "It's an honor to be working for Verno Phillips. Throughout his career Verno has proven himself to be a true fighter. He's never avoided a challenge or taken a backwards step in the ring, and I'm eager to help him move forward," stated an elated Leon, shortly after signing his tenth fighter. Remember where you heard it first!

fuck.gif
thehype
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Apr 15 2008, 12:57 PM) [snapback]386315[/snapback]
VERNO PHILLIPS INKS WITH NEW ADVISOR
By Matt Goldstein

IBF junior middleweight champion Verno Phillips has inked an advisory agreement with Greg Leon. On March 27, Phillips captured the title via split decision over Cory Spinks in Spinks backyard, St. Louis. "It's an honor to be working for Verno Phillips. Throughout his career Verno has proven himself to be a true fighter. He's never avoided a challenge or taken a backwards step in the ring, and I'm eager to help him move forward," stated an elated Leon, shortly after signing his tenth fighter. Remember where you heard it first!

fuck.gif

Did you remember where you heard it first?

laugh.gif

# 18 - CORY SPINKS

The IBF junior middleweight champion is one of the best pure boxers in the sport. None of the other marquee fighters in his division has been interested in facing him since he dethroned Roman Karmazin in July 06. Spinks moved up to middleweight to fight Jermain Taylor and many feel he should have gotten the decision. He didn't, and moved back down where he belongs and provided he gets by mandatory challenger Vernon Phillips on March 27, Spinks will look to unify titles, with fellow DKP stablemate Joachim Alcine, "if Vernon Forrest continues to run."

Maybe he'll be ELATED enough to make sure he remembers to spell his name right on his website.

On a side note, with Verno's win, I wonder if he'll be elevated above Spinks in leon's Top 20 P4P...then again, if he is, can we really consider leon's P4P list to be unbiased?

dntknw.gif
Byrd Man
how many of Leo's p4p top 20 are being "advised" by him"
Tha Docta
this is why fighters end up going broke. paying retards like gleon a % of your purse is a good example of how some fighters end up without a cent to their name.
buford54
I emailed him once to ask him about the conflict of interests that comes from "advising" fighters that you write about. I would imagine that if he has to "advise" his fighters to take a fight against a Golden Boy fighter over a Top Rank fighter.
Will the Bobfather stay "his boy" then?
I see it as a house divided against itself.
Byrd Man
did he respond, Buford?
thehype
Oh by the way...I spoke with Brad Cooney yesterday.

No more beef....all is good and I wish him the best of luck over at Boxingconfidential.

Regardless of what was said and blah, blah, blah, I think we both agree that he's much better off where he's at now....so if anyone is giving him grief by posting comments in his interviews over there (and I don't think it's anyone here because, quite frankly, we all got much better things to do then to worry about that), give him a break because, despite what's been said, I think he truly does mean well and honestly does care about the sport and bringing the fans closer to the fighters. That's what's most important anyway.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion as to where we stand.

Now, don't expect me to start saying the same thing about leon.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.