Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monkey Business
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Jack 1000
QUOTE(buford54 @ Apr 15 2008, 03:06 PM) [snapback]386329[/snapback]
I emailed him once to ask him about the conflict of interests that comes from "advising" fighters that you write about. I would imagine that if he has to "advise" his fighters to take a fight against a Golden Boy fighter over a Top Rank fighter.
Will the Bobfather stay "his boy" then?
I see it as a house divided against itself.

Well just to throw in my two cents,

I've been helping out on the forums as far back as the Ron Heard days before Ben took over the site, and there were some times when I would e-mail Greg questions about day to day operations that you would expect Greg as the owner at that time would address. They were simple little questions and almost NEVER, EVER, did I even get a response from him. All the work that I was doing for the community and Greg couldn't even take the time to answer some e-mails back at the time that I was a moderator. I didn't even second guess anything at the time as to why, I just assumed that Greg was busy or his e-mail wasn't working. You all know that it's not my nature to be confrontational with people anyway. I was just willing to help out because I love working with the people, and the game of boxing so much.

I remember when we were having problems such as that racist troll Jermaine who would hide behind proxy servers like AOL for 4 years. We had to bring in outside help to get rid of him. Ben, this might have been just a few months before you became the head webmaster, I don't remember the exact timeframe. But I know that it was in the last months of the Greg/Ron ownership, and I e-mailed Greg very professionally about the problems with this user, how he had threatened and harassed people on the forums for years, and this is the ONE response that Greg "took the time to send me." All he said was, and this is a quote, "Just ban the fucker." I was working with outside help and resources trying to get this racist troll off the boards, and the ONE communication that I get from Greg after being here for about 6 years in an e-mail about a serious troll, who had been sending people threatening emails is "Just Ban the Fucker?!"

Those four words from Greg are the ONLY e-mail communication that I had from him in the time that he was running the board. No consideration, no thank you, no nothing from Greg. Than when Ben started letting us know all of the stuff that was going down and how Greg was just exploiting people for his own self interest, it got me thinking that Greg not once ever appreciated my efforts for the board! EVER!!! I just wanted to mention that ONE e-mail response that I got from Greg after the times that I would try to contact him with no consideration whatsoever. Ben, you are so right about how Greg has used and exploited people. And now he is doing the same things to his fighters, who are going to probably wind up penniless because of him. It is painful to see the obvious, and some of these fighters don't see it! It's a very unfortunate situation.

Jack
buford54
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Apr 15 2008, 04:28 PM) [snapback]386331[/snapback]
did he respond, Buford?

No, he never did reply. He has addressed aspects of it before...as in how there is nothing illegal about it...but I've never seen him directly address the conflict of interests that at least could exist.

He has certainly replied to other emails I've sent...some in mailbag form and some just back to my email...but to that one he didn't reply. I tried to make it as benign a question as I could...more just suggesting that it could create the appearance of a conflict of interests...and also that it could hurt his business, in that he is obligated to advise his clients according to their best interests, but that could offend some of his best sources of interviews and dry up his leads.
Method
LMMFAO at Jack. Dude, you take this shit WAAAY too seriously.

The four words you heard were actually two more than what he really wanted to tell you.

LOL.

Coyote Duran
QUOTE(thehype @ Apr 15 2008, 03:30 PM) [snapback]386332[/snapback]
Oh by the way...I spoke with Brad Cooney yesterday.

No more beef....all is good and I wish him the best of luck over at Boxingconfidential.

Regardless of what was said and blah, blah, blah, I think we both agree that he's much better off where he's at now....so if anyone is giving him grief by posting comments in his interviews over there (and I don't think it's anyone here because, quite frankly, we all got much better things to do then to worry about that), give him a break because, despite what's been said, I think he truly does mean well and honestly does care about the sport and bringing the fans closer to the fighters. That's what's most important anyway.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion as to where we stand.

Now, don't expect me to start saying the same thing about leon.

laugh.gif

Thank goodness, man. That's great to hear. thumbsup_anim.gif
Coyote Duran
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Apr 15 2008, 06:56 AM) [snapback]386291[/snapback]
"It's true, it's damn true!" - Kurt Angle

Yeah, I saw that for sure, today. Jeez, 10 fighters??
Spyder
Damn, Jack was like Eliot Ness hunting down Al Capone!

laugh.gif

dj necrogenic
Damn being mexican... this thread took me 2 days to read... Damn I love it... Its inspired me
AKay
LMAO!@ the rally monkey avatar!
thehype
QUOTE(Coyote Duran @ Apr 15 2008, 09:36 PM) [snapback]386352[/snapback]
Yeah, I saw that for sure, today. Jeez, 10 fighters??

Make that 11.

Someone should really start keeping track of their careers.

laugh.gif

I gotta see if I have an old sample of a contract laying around...I've just GOT to know exactly what looks so appealing in it.

dntknw.gif
Byrd Man
yeah I saw that today. smh.
Boxingjunkie
To much to digest all at once.
sweetchuck
I wonder if Matt Goldstein is really the one putting out the articles on G. Leon Advisory Group or if it's Greg Leon. By the way he has Carlos Hernandez now...Isn't the best advise for Carlos Hernandez to stay retired? Just my opinion. Wouldn't the only place we hear about Greg signing these gems be Boxingtalk? I guess it's ok for him to be a manager or advisor, hell Marley's been doing it for several years now as well as some of the guys over at Fightnews. Scott Schaffer (he's a lawyer if you guys didn't know) of Boxingtalk had Cory Spinks as a client defending him against the Mayorga protest. Schaffer has enough integrity not to post info about fighters or situations where he is counsel. And I'm sure if he still is, but was Lou Dibella's lawyer. So I guess it's not as rare as one might think.
someoneswitness
Looking through the releases, I see, in reverse chronological order: Carlos Hernandez, Verno Phillips, Adrian Mora, Derrick Gainer, Joselito Collado, Andy Mejias and Jamar Patterson. I'm pretty sure I recall Monte Barrett, Tarvis Simms and Ishe Smith being part of this shining example of conflict of interest. That would make nine. Who else am I missing?
Tha Docta
QUOTE(sweetchuck @ Apr 17 2008, 02:40 AM) [snapback]386469[/snapback]
I wonder if Matt Goldstein is really the one putting out the articles on G. Leon Advisory Group or if it's Greg Leon. By the way he has Carlos Hernandez now...Isn't the best advise for Carlos Hernandez to stay retired? Just my opinion. Wouldn't the only place we hear about Greg signing these gems be Boxingtalk? I guess it's ok for him to be a manager or advisor, hell Marley's been doing it for several years now as well as some of the guys over at Fightnews. Scott Schaffer (he's a lawyer if you guys didn't know) of Boxingtalk had Cory Spinks as a client defending him against the Mayorga protest. Schaffer has enough integrity not to post info about fighters or situations where he is counsel. And I'm sure if he still is, but was Lou Dibella's lawyer. So I guess it's not as rare as one might think.

yeah i remember schaffer use to do the p4p lists but stopped when he started representing dibella. he was smart enough to see the conflict of interest in just doing the p4p lists. and i imagine if it isnt greg putting up those articles himself, he at least instructed goldstein to put them up.
sweetchuck
Well, when I think about it, what Greg is just as much of a conflict of interest as Golden Boy owning The Ring Magazine...Actually when Scott Schaffer first started representing Dibella, he went from being a writer to being a consultant. He never did the pound for pound, that was always Greg's piece of trash. He did and still does the ratings, but he pays so much attention to everything going on he probably would be the only one to do them. Scott actually is one of the most knowledgable boxing people I have spoken with. I don't know why he's still with Greg.
Byrd Man
Whoa Sweetchuck, take it easy! 4 posts in less than 24 hours???

Pace yourself, brother, pace yourself!

ha ha ha

good to see ya here, man.
thehype
QUOTE(someoneswitness @ Apr 17 2008, 09:14 AM) [snapback]386478[/snapback]
Looking through the releases, I see, in reverse chronological order: Carlos Hernandez, Verno Phillips, Adrian Mora, Derrick Gainer, Joselito Collado, Andy Mejias and Jamar Patterson. I'm pretty sure I recall Monte Barrett, Tarvis Simms and Ishe Smith being part of this shining example of conflict of interest. That would make nine. Who else am I missing?

Actually, that makes 10...maybe it's just 10...I can't recall who's missing. Perhaps we should start a thread to keep track of this fine group and how their careers progress from here.
someoneswitness
QUOTE(thehype @ Apr 17 2008, 04:20 PM) [snapback]386529[/snapback]
Actually, that makes 10...maybe it's just 10...I can't recall who's missing. Perhaps we should start a thread to keep track of this fine group and how their careers progress from here.

I'm a writer, Hype. Clearly I don't do math.

I'm curious how many of their interviews have been falsified. Or if there are kickbacks for putting them on his Web site.

I still don't understand why Barrett-Fields is on a pay-per-view undercard. I'd barely want to watch that on Vs.
stateofthegame
Well, as much as I do not like Tye Fields as a boxer I really hope he knocks Barrett out cold so we can be through with him. Then bring on the clash of the "Great White Hope," Tye Fields vs JD Chapman.
AKay
WORD!
Tha Docta
this thread has gone silent. i wish hype would come back and smack greg around a little more in this thread. he finished off cooney with a beautiful combo and i cant wait til he knocks greg onto queer street.
thehype
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Apr 22 2008, 11:18 AM) [snapback]387255[/snapback]
this thread has gone silent. i wish hype would come back and smack greg around a little more in this thread. he finished off cooney with a beautiful combo and i cant wait til he knocks greg onto queer street.

LOL.

laugh.gif

Don't worry...I'm almost done with training camp...I'll be ready soon.

More to come....
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Right I think I should in the interests of disclosure lay my cards on the table straight away.

This is my first post and the only reason I have registered on this site is because I stumbled across this thread (however having browsed the whole site I've realised I've come across a new site to help get me my daily fix of boxing intel.)

For some reason I thought I'd just do a quick google search of G. leon (y'know the kind you do when you're bored) and I came acros this thread.

This has been without doubt THE most entertaining boxing thread I have read all year. Man talk about warts and all.

So................like every other opinionated afficianado on the web here is my two cents worth.....

Hype where are you?? Man two Leon free pummelling days and I need a fix!!

Brad if you read this here is what I think.

Yeah you did come across as quite whiney about those tapes but through it all I think you can see that you are basically an honest dude who is passionate about the sport and his involvment in it.

You obviously do it for the love rather than the money and I take my hat off to you.

I take the whole tape thing as kind of symbolic. Sounds Like Leon had run you ragged and this was the last thing you could take some control of. Am I right about that Brad?

And as for the rest of the posts, hell yeah it appeals to the voyeur in me, to see these guys bitchslapping each other back and forth.

But also there is an importance to the Hype making all this public.

I confess, I am a current paid up Btalk member and it is very interesting for me to know that the owner of this site periodically refers to his members as 'monkeys'.

It's also important that I know how he treats his staff and it's particulalrly important to know that some of his interviews are well ..............FAKE.

It also disappoints me that certain fighters obviously sanction this behaviour. Sure Hype, Gin Mosley may have co-signed that this is the truth but then equally she must have known it was going on for some time?

Anyways it is these kind of facts that will certainly effect my purchasing decision and I will be unlikey to re-subscibe to Btalk anytime in the future because the thought of putting money in the pocket of someone with the kind of character as G. Leon doesn't excite me much.

I laugh when he mentions Katz to BC in an E-Mail saying he pays Katz so much more because he brings value to the site and then after he and Katz fall out, he publicly states that Katz bought no new value to the site!!!

Sorry for the long first post but also if anyone could tell me a little about the history of Btalk I'd be interested. Who started it and how did Leon get his claws into it?

Anyways Hype back to you,

Looking forward to the next installment there are a lot of people in boxing gonna end up with red faces over this one.
thehype
Ah yes...it has been way too long since I've posted anything of relevance in this thread (by the way, welcome to the community ollie reed fan).

That being said, I promise to get back to posting some good scoopage. Unfortunately, the weekend slipped away from me so I'm a little behind, but I PROMISE to try and have something up by tomorrow (Monday) night. In fact, I see Michael Marley over at Boxingconfidential just recently penned a scathing little article about Bobby Bostick:

Worldwide Warning On Hustler Bobby Bostick: This Character Specializes In Boxing Monkey Business, Reverse Midas Touch!

http://www.boxingconfidential.com/articles.php?id=4469

Marley must be a fan of this thread...hence the homage to "Monkey Business"...LOL.

But seriously, the article was so-so...nothing really of importance in it...he just goes on to call Bostick a con-man, but really doesn't offer up too many examples of his conning techniques other than the fact that he offered Baldomir $250,000 to fight Cintron. I don't know if that necessarily classifies him as a con-man, but he certainly would seem like a cheap, low-baller.

Anyway, I too have had some indirect dealings with Mr. Bostick. In fact, I can state with confidence that I know Bostick worked directly with leon in order to make Cory Spinks an offer in an attempt to snatch him from Don King. Specifically, Bostick flew leon down to Florida, put him up in a nice suite, ironed out the details, signed Spinks to a contract and then paid him a signing bonus as well as leon for his involvement. Now, I can't remember the EXACT figures, but for some reason, the numbers $500K and $50K sound about right for Spinks and leon respectively. Leon would then go on to drop the breaking news on his site while he was still in Florida and then asked me to create an ad for Bostick to make it look like he was working on an advertisement deal...basically, he asked me to help him cover his tracks so King would never find out and he could maintain his relationship with him.

That's just a really, really quick and dirty synopsis of the events. I'll try to dig up more details and have them ready for tomorrow night...I know I still have leon's itinerary that clearly shows dates, times, who paid for what, etc. Like I said though...I'll dig up that stuff tomorrow.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Ouch!!

That little nugget right there Hype is what I call a standing eight count.

I logged on to Btalk today (yes while I'm still paid up I might as well get my money's worth) and noticed how many articles there were NOT penned by G.

I wonder if in light of recent revelations he's trying to make the site more G lite!!

Diet G, as it were, now so many of us now know just how much of a financial interest he's got in many of the fighter's he's supposed to be 'reporting' on.
sweetchuck
From what I know about the history of Boxingtalk. Ron Heard started it around 2000 or 2001. It used to look like a cheap imitation of Fightnews. Greg Leon was a writer for the site who eventually bought it from Ron. Ron started Kingdom Boxing afterwards, but that went nowhere. There rumors going around that Heard went prison and that's why he sold the site to Leon, I don't know if that is true or not. Boxingtalk had a writer, Ben Thompson, aka Hype, who is a web developer who turned Boxingtalk from a cheap Fightnews imitation to what it is today. Yes Greg did go and get interviews, but then again if you have a legit media outlet, you can get the same contacts and interviews he does.
thehype
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Apr 28 2008, 01:17 AM) [snapback]387875[/snapback]
Ouch!!

That little nugget right there Hype is what I call a standing eight count.

I logged on to Btalk today (yes while I'm still paid up I might as well get my money's worth) and noticed how many articles there were NOT penned by G.

I wonder if in light of recent revelations he's trying to make the site more G lite!!

Diet G, as it were, now so many of us now know just how much of a financial interest he's got in many of the fighter's he's supposed to be 'reporting' on.

LOL @ standing eight count.

laugh.gif

As for their content...nah...you're giving him way too much credit. You think he really gives a shit about what people say or think about him? Let me tell you...he doesn't. You can just chalk the lack of leon content up to either 1) he just couldn't get anyone over the weekend or 2) he was too busy to get anyone because he was running around getting things prepped for Ishe's fight on Wednesday. My guess is that it's a combination of the two since he was able to get that hot exclusive with Salita. Speaking of that hot exclusive, if you happened to read it ollie reed fan, who the heck is ??? that he keeps referring to?

dntknw.gif

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE(sweetchuck @ Apr 28 2008, 11:03 AM) [snapback]387891[/snapback]
From what I know about the history of Boxingtalk. Ron Heard started it around 2000 or 2001. It used to look like a cheap imitation of Fightnews. Greg Leon was a writer for the site who eventually bought it from Ron. Ron started Kingdom Boxing afterwards, but that went nowhere. There rumors going around that Heard went prison and that's why he sold the site to Leon, I don't know if that is true or not. Boxingtalk had a writer, Ben Thompson, aka Hype, who is a web developer who turned Boxingtalk from a cheap Fightnews imitation to what it is today. Yes Greg did go and get interviews, but then again if you have a legit media outlet, you can get the same contacts and interviews he does.

A decent synopsis Chuck, but there are a few details that are missing.

Ah, but fear not loyal readers...I have all the details about that story too since I was intricately involved in the transition of the site from Heard to leon. That's a long story though. I'll have to dig through a few more emails to refresh my memory on all the particulars. First let me get the scoop out about Bostick...then I might touch on the history of leon's takeover.

Just for the record though, it wasn't Kingdom Boxing...it was badboysboxing.com that he later started. And he didn't sell the site because he was going to prison...he sold the site because his father was sick and he simply didn't have the time or energy to continue running the site and take care of his ill father at the same time. He actually wanted to stay involved with the site in some way, shape or form, but one argument with leon led to another until more money was exchanged and he was finally gone for good.

Like I said...it's a long story....one that I'm not quite ready to regurgitate at this moment. But I'll get to it eventually.
thehype
Actually, it's kind of funny to think back to those days when leon took over and Heard started his new site. I remember Heard contacting a bunch of btalk people, including myself, to try to get them to jump ship. I'd say we all should have listened to him, but ultimately, it was a wise decision not to because the site ended up folding and Heard just disappeared off the face of the planet (I hope leon didn't have something to do with that because I certainly don't want that to be my fate as well...lol).

Anyway, if anyone is interested, here's what that site looked like back in the day:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050405220930/...boysboxing.com/

Look familiar?

laugh.gif

You might notice (or maybe not depending on how much boxing website surfing you did) some familiar names on there, like Ricard Lois, Curtis McCormick, Per-Ake Person, Rey Danseco, Andy Rivera and Paul Gallegos to name a few. Some of those guys you can find at other sites now like boxingconfidential, boxingscene and eastsideboxing. Well all of those guys were originally at btalk when Heard was still around before they eventually chose to bounce largely because they simply didn't like leon (and also partially because leon said he wanted to get rid of some of them).

Man, those were crazy times back then.
jlupi
actually Hype, didnt heard post to a thread sim to this one at the time of the "breakup"

found it

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...9678&st=220
rusty_trombone
since it seems to be fairly common for writers to "represent" fighters, do any of the guys at max have any fighters signed?
AKay
I advise butterbean.
thehype
Fyi...remember to click the black bar above the image in order to enlarge each picture.

LEON JACKS KING; BOSTICK PAYS THE PRICE

In early July of 2005, I was informed by leon that he would be taking a trip to Florida to meet with one Bobby Bostick in order to help him finalize a deal that would ultimately get Cory Spinks, who had just lost his welterweight titles to Zab Judah, signed to a promotional contract. When I asked him what he had to do with it, he told me that because of his relationship with Spinks and his manager/trainer Cunningham, he already knew the particulars of their contract with King and he knew exactly the amount of money, in particular the up front signing bonus money, they were looking to secure in order to walk and sign with a new promoter. Now, I can't really remember all the details regarding how he first got involved with Bostick, but the point is, he knew Bostick and how much he was looking to spend and he knew Spinks/Cunningham and how much they were looking to get, so leon played middleman in order to facilitate the deal. As you can see from the following itinerary, leon arrived in Florida on July 8, 2005:

If you look closely at the itinerary, you'll also notice that the hotel reservation was made by Bostick himself (although I blacked out his complete email address) in leon's name, so the two had full knowledge of each other BEFORE any announcements were made regarding Spinks.

On that same day, Saturday, July 8th, leon dropped the "BREAKING NEWS" that Spinks was signing with Bostick:

Notice how Spinks (more than likely leon writing for Spinks) goes out of his way to say, "You might not know who he is now Greg, but trust me brother, you will soon."

Now I ask you, if leon didn't know who Bostick was, then why would Bostick be paying for his trip to Florida? Why would leon even be going there to begin with? Surely he wasn't flying all the way down there just to get that breaking news.

So anyway, leon would return from his trip the next day, July 9th. The following day, July 10th, he would drop the following news that, according to King, Spinks was still under contract to him:

Of course, obviously that shouldn't have been no surprise to leon since he had knowledge of and was directly involved in what was going on from the beginning. The question that I was always curious about was who contacted whom? Did King get wind of what was going on and decide to come on record with leon or did leon call King to inform him of what just happened? My guess is the latter...of course, I'm assuming he left out the little nugget that he had just returned from Florida where he had just helped Bostick close the deal.

So the next day, July 11th, leon would put out an interview with Bostick:

Notice the comment, "we heard through the grapevine that he was a free agent..."

What he really meant to say was, leon told him that Spinks was looking to get away from King and then gave him the exact number to make the deal happen after speaking back and fourth with Bostick and Spinks/Cunningham.

LOL at the slight dig at King about letting Spinks "slip through the cracks." Again, what he really meant to say was, "thanks leon for helping snake Spinks right out from under King's nose." Again, at the end of the interview, notice the attempt to make it sound like leon had no knowledge of what was going on..."Kevin and Cory told me you're their guy." Really? Did they tell Bostick that BEFORE or AFTER he booked that trip to Florida for leon?

So shortly after all that, leon asked me to create an ad for Bostick just in case anyone figured out or tried to ask him why Bostick was paying him money (again, I can't remember the exact figures because it was told to me verbally, but I believe it was in the ballpark of $50K). Obviously I didn't jump at the opportunity to do the work since I knew it was simply to cover leon's tracks and I wasn't going to get paid a dime for it. About a month or so went by and he again ordered me to get that ad done ASAP.

Ouch! You know, if I were DeGuardia, I'd probably stop sending him any money at all after I just saw that. HINT! HINT! HINT! And LMAO at this guy calling someone else cheap. Oh...and in case anyone was wondering which event he's referring to, I'm pretty sure it was the Mosley-Cruz fight since he was referring to the video I put up on the weekend of September 17-18, 2005. No money involved, no need to worry about getting the footage up. Gotcha bossman.

So after much more stalling on my end, I FINALLY created a little BS ad for Bostick (bottom right corner of pic):

Man I LOVE that wayback machine. Anyway, as you can see, as requested, I created a little BS ad. Now I ask you, if you were REALLY paying someone for an ad, wouldn't you want something a little bit bigger and a little bit nicer than that? Not to mention, seeing as how I did all the website work, I know for a fact which ads were FREE and which were not. Bostick wasn't paying for an ad at all...it was simply a cover up to hide any involvement by leon.

What I speak is gospel and you won't find anyone to refute it because it's all fact! Leon helped Bostick steal Spinks from King right under his nose. Impressive! Most impressive! Of course, it all fizzled away once King fought back with his lawyers and squashed Bostick. I can't remember the exact fallout, but I do know, as does everyone else, that Spinks ultimately left Bostick, never having participated in one fight for him, and returned to King. If memory serves me correctly, which it does, Bostick tried to recoup some of the signing bonus he gave to Spinks. I don't think he got any of it back...and if he did, I definitely don't think he got it all back. He also tried to get the money back that he paid leon, but according to leon, that didn't happen since, as he told me over the phone, it wasn't his fault that Bostick didn't do his due diligence to make sure Spinks was out of his contract with King. After that episode, Spinks was on the shelf for a year and didn't fight again until July 8, 2006. Whenever I would joke with leon about the advise he gave to Spinks to bounce from King and go with Bostick, he'd simply chuckle and say, "yeah well I helped that nigga make several hundred thousand in a year without him having to lift a finger."

Touche' leon...touche'. I can't really argue with that...but then again, look where Spinks is now...without his belt, without his long-time trainer/manager, off TV and probably now without a promoter who really even cares about his career. What's ironic is that Spinks just lost to Verno Phillips who just signed an advisory agreement with leon.

laugh.gif

Unbelievable. Well maybe Spinks can sign with leon too...then he and Phillips can have a rematch and leon can make money off both of those guys.

dntknw.gif

Moral of the story....

Promoters, managers, advisors, fighters...watch your back! Leon plays both sides of the fence and if you're not careful, he'll snake you for all you got. In the end, Bostick was ultimately the one to get fucked, but hey...who's to say that DeGuardia, DiBella, Golden Boy, Arum or even King isn't next with this wannabe Jay-Z jounalist/advisor/hustler/con-man. Whic reminds me...didn't Main Events have a beef with him over some fighter they felt he manipulated...was it Vivian Harris? I can't remember. I'll have to do some research on that or maybe someone else (like Kathy Duva or Donald Tremblay) can shed some light. I definitely know this wasn't the first instance and if people aren't careful, it won't be the last.

Now see Marley...that's how you put out a public sevice announcment.

laugh.gif
Mino
[quote name='thehype' post='388063' date='Apr 28 2008, 11:58 PM']Hype's long post[quote]

In The words of Snoop..Murder was the case that they gave me....Hype u better be careful b4 u catch a charge...lmao..I do have to give him credit for pullin some cheese of Bostic that was slick..Now if he survives this beating u are giving his credibility, well then he might be untouchable....unreal....
sweetchuck
So that's why mine and Nichols' videos weren't put up right away after we were up until 3 in the morning getting that together and uploading it...Doesn't suprise me though.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Ouch again!!

This is like watching the beating I just saw Tyson dish out to Biggs on Youtube (and to think many seasoned scribes gave Biggs a chance in that one-the curse of Mike Katz strikes again!!).

What was the famous quote, "everytime I hit him he cried like a woman."

Hey we may be the monkeys but right now I bet Leon's feeling like the chimp........er should I say chump.

Hey is this gonna be like one of those hundred round fights like back in the old old olden times?

I sure hope so.

thehype
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Apr 29 2008, 06:17 AM) [snapback]388075[/snapback]
Hey we may be the monkeys but right now I bet Leon's feeling like the chimp........er should I say chump.

I doubt that. I'm quite sure he's loving it...as he would say, "I love it. It's making me work harder."

I'm sure he's feelin' himself right now and is proud of the fact that people are talking about him.

He really won't feel like a chump until certain individuals in the industry realize what he is and what he stands for and are willing to take a stand against him. Why certain people are willing to do business with him is totally beyond me. If I were DeGuardia and Brian Young, I'd pull my ads immediately and ban him and his site from all of my events if I found out he was saying some of those things about me (although I suspect DeGuardia isn't paying him a dime anyway since the Star Boxing ad is all the way down at the bottom in "THE FREE AD ZONE"). Speaking of "THE FREE AD ZONE", if Leon Margules from Warriors Boxing is actually paying him for advertisement, I'd request that my ad be a little higher up...at least above that Winky Wright Ringtone/Wallpaper ad. I mean, I can't be 100% sure, but I don't think Winky is paying him for that ad...and if he is, maybe he should get leon to change the link for that ad since it's going to a website that no longer exists. I mean, if Winky didn't bother to renew the domain name for winkypromotionsllc.com, I can't see why he'd be willing to pay for an ad that links to nowhere.

Look at that...I'm giving out all kinds of free advise to these guys. Perhaps I should start HAG...Hype Advisory Group. These guys can pay me for my online marketing expertise and I'll advise them on the best places to spend their advertisement dollars instead of throwing it away on a site that really isn't getting them more exposure.

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE(jlupi @ Apr 28 2008, 06:49 PM) [snapback]387943[/snapback]
actually Hype, didnt heard post to a thread sim to this one at the time of the "breakup"

Nah...I don't think that was him. Although it was definitely someone who knew a lot about what happened, I really don't think that was him. If it were, he probably would have sent me an email or gave me a call.
pcraw

WOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! That's deep! This is why you never threaten someone over their answering machine; it's a damning as an email.
pcraw
QUOTE(sweetchuck @ Apr 29 2008, 03:31 AM) [snapback]388072[/snapback]
So that's why mine and Nichols' videos weren't put up right away after we were up until 3 in the morning getting that together and uploading it...Doesn't suprise me though.

Sweetchuck, what's good homie. I can remember doing a Zab Judah interview at a Peterson brothers fight and G. telling me that Zab video interviews don't generate any new memberships which in turn generates $0 to him. Lol! That's Zab homie though...
sweetchuck
I know the talk about bandwith and what makes money and generates memberships talk, lol. It discouraged me towards going out and getting interviews and videos. Hell, I got a Nonito Donaire interview right after he signed to fight Darchinyan and he didn't put it up. Hype put it on Fighthype and it was one of the most viewed videos one the site for a while, lol, guess Greg dropped the ball on that one.

Everything's good here, I hope you're getting sleep with the new baby pcraw.

sweetchuck
In case anyone was wondering about advertising prices, a site with an editor named Fattop quoted a price of $5000 a month with three months paid in advance. Btalk wanted around the same, maybe a little less without three months advance. Both were for small ads on the side.

I don't know if people would stop dealing with Leon completely. Afterall there are a lot of shady people in boxing, Greg is just another one in the business.
pcraw
I'm getting about 4 hours a night, but I'm kind of used to it. That;s how I became. I didnt want to go to a fight and get the smaller name fighters interviews because you wasnt going to get paid and I didnt want to get the marquee fighters because I didnt want to make him money, so I just went to the fights and got contacts for when Fighthype jumped off!
Spyder
QUOTE(sweetchuck @ Apr 29 2008, 11:43 AM) [snapback]388097[/snapback]
In case anyone was wondering about advertising prices, a site with an editor named Fattop quoted a price of $5000 a month with three months paid in advance. Btalk wanted around the same, maybe a little less without three months advance. Both were for small ads on the side.

Damn, I need a website!

laugh.gif
spice718
DAMMMMNNNNN.... HYPE.
Why you doing it to that boy like that. LOLOLOL. And I thought I was harsh.
Well the consumers have the right to know. You put me on to some bizness. Nice work.
By this time next year my predictions are that other website will be a trashcan.
pcraw
QUOTE(spice718 @ Apr 29 2008, 02:00 PM) [snapback]388114[/snapback]
DAMMMMNNNNN.... HYPE.
Well the consumers have the right to know. You put me on to some bizness. Nice work.
By this time next year my predictions are that other website will be a trashcan.

WOWWWWWW! They have a locked press release up right now (members only). laugh.gif
It dont stop!
Mixnutz
This thread is amazing. I haven't seen a one sided beatdown like this sincethe LAPD whooped up on Rodney King!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(sweetchuck @ Apr 29 2008, 11:43 AM) [snapback]388097[/snapback]

I don't know if people would stop dealing with Leon completely. Afterall there are a lot of shady people in boxing, Greg is just another one in the business.

Does he really give the fighters and advertisers on his site that much exposure? Hype, just how popular is BT ?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(spice718 @ Apr 29 2008, 02:00 PM) [snapback]388114[/snapback]
DAMMMMNNNNN.... HYPE.

Hey Miss 'Spice718'

Tell Sugar that if he dishes out half the whooping to Zab that Hype's handing out to G then that's gonna be a helluva ONE SIDED fight. LOL.

With all that's going on lately thats sure to be a DAMN interesting fight weekend.

I'know you'll be busy but try and keep us Monkey's updated with a couple of posts on da board.

Muchly appreciated.
Big Slim Sweet
I was wondering, Hype or Sugar Spice, is that pre-fight cocktail party you guys were discussing still happening on the 31st?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.