Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monkey Business
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
thehype
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Apr 29 2008, 10:34 PM) [snapback]388137[/snapback]
Does he really give the fighters and advertisers on his site that much exposure? Hype, just how popular is BT ?

Well, I can't really speak to what's going on over there now since it's been nearly a year since I was involved, however, I do know that in it's prime...and when I say prime, I mean back when things were really clicking with the videos, interviews, chats, etc....from mid-2005 to mid-2006, right around the time of the Mayweather-Judah fight...there were roughly 700-800 paying members. I honestly can't recall a time when there were more paying members during the four or so years I was helping out. So...that being said...if you're wondering about the exposure for fighters, if a guy like Hopkins did an interview during that time period and it was locked for members only, then less than 700-800 people actually had an opportunity to read that interview (assuming that every member read it).

Like I said, that was during it's prime. Now, much like Tyson, they're kind of going through the second phase of their career...you know, when Tyson was going through the motions with guys like Peter McNeeley, Bruce Seldon and Francois Botha. Oh sure, he could still get the job done...but not like before when he was in his prime. I HIGHLY doubt that they're doing the same type of numbers now as they were back then (especially considering that guys like Juan Diaz and Antonio Margarito are getting their interviews locked now as well). So if that's the case, then a lot fewer people get to read those locked interviews than before when the site was still in it's prime. My guess would be that there might...MIGHT be about 400-500 members now. So that kind of gives you an idea of how much exposure the fighters are getting.

Honestly, if I were a fighter like Jones, Tarver, Hopkins, Winky, etc. and I had a message that I wanted to get across to the fans, I would DEMAND that my interview was free for ALL the public to read...either that or I would request a royalty check. That cat is basically making money off of their name and image so if it were me, that would be something I might to want fix. But hey....what do I know...I'm just a dumb web guy...I'm not quite as savvy as some of these elite fighters.

As for the ads, it's hard to really say. I mean, they're there, but whether or not people are actually paying attention to them, that's a different story. If I were a company, I'd probably have him link to a page that tracks where the hits are coming from (something that's pretty easy to do). I know Bodog was one of the sites that did that and when they realized they weren't getting the kind of traffic they were hoping to get...well...needless to say, you don't see the Bodog ad up there anymore.
thehype
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Apr 30 2008, 11:46 AM) [snapback]388183[/snapback]
I was wondering, Hype or Sugar Spice, is that pre-fight cocktail party you guys were discussing still happening on the 31st?

Well...I'll definitely be there. I'll keep you posted.
spice718
QUOTE(the ollie reed fan club @ Apr 29 2008, 10:54 PM) [snapback]388139[/snapback]
Hey Miss 'Spice718'

Tell Sugar that if he dishes out half the whooping to Zab that Hype's handing out to G then that's gonna be a helluva ONE SIDED fight. LOL.

With all that's going on lately thats sure to be a DAMN interesting fight weekend.

I'know you'll be busy but try and keep us Monkey's updated with a couple of posts on da board.

Muchly appreciated.

Hi.....
I KNOW!!!!! HYPE is killing this guy. 2 bad he is banned from getting credentialed for this fight I would of loved to see them face to face in the media room. My money's on HYPE.
spice718
QUOTE(thehype @ Apr 30 2008, 04:26 PM) [snapback]388199[/snapback]
Well...I'll definitely be there. I'll keep you posted.

Hype get a head count and we can come up with something.
GMontoya
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Apr 28 2008, 05:50 PM) [snapback]387957[/snapback]
since it seems to be fairly common for writers to "represent" fighters, do any of the guys at max have any fighters signed?

Not that I am aware of. I see Doug and Steve fairly often (we both live in and cover SoCal boxing). They both are hardcore journalists with too much integrity to do business with the fighters they are covering.
Byrd Man
Joel Julio W10 Ishe Smith... In Vancouver, British Columbia, Joel Julio of Colombia prevailed over Ishe Smith of Las Vegas in the ESPN2 main event. It was close, but Julio won the junior middleweight bout by scores of 96-94 (twice) and 97-93. Smith let his hands go more than he did in his loss to Sechew Powell but the judges didn't see it his way. A dejected Smith, who is represented by Boxingtalk publisher Greg Leon, left the ring immediately after the verdict was read to the crowd. source: espn2 wednesday night fights

fuck.gif
Spyder
Was that Berto interview scripted by G? There was a lot of cheerleading going on...

dntknw.gif
thehype
QUOTE(spice718 @ Apr 30 2008, 06:46 PM) [snapback]388202[/snapback]
Hype get a head count and we can come up with something.

Will do.

You heard the lady...drinks on her.

laugh.gif

Shoot me a PM if you plan on being in Vegas that weekend so I can get a head count.
thehype
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ May 1 2008, 11:10 AM) [snapback]388276[/snapback]
fuck.gif

laugh.gif

You don't go on ESPN, take a do-or-die fight and then lose.

Terrible advice.

He would have been better off staying with the Contender Group.

I wonder who adviced him to leave them in the first place.

Hmmmmmmm....
thehype
QUOTE(Spyder @ May 1 2008, 11:19 AM) [snapback]388279[/snapback]
Was that Berto interview scripted by G? There was a lot of cheerleading going on...

dntknw.gif

Scripted? Nah...but it wouldn't surprise me if it were doctored up a tad bit to better emphasize certain things.

Berto has a fight coming up in NY so it doesn't surprise me to see him over there doing interviews with a guy he might perceive as having the NY boxing scene "on lock" (or at least that's what I imagine he's been told).

I'm definitely interested to see if he actually plans on staying "exclusive" to btalk though (I doubt it, but you never know). If he's looking to maximize his exposure, I would think that's the last thing he would want to do.

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE(spice718 @ Apr 30 2008, 06:45 PM) [snapback]388201[/snapback]
Hi.....
I KNOW!!!!! HYPE is killing this guy. 2 bad he is banned from getting credentialed for this fight I would of loved to see them face to face in the media room. My money's on HYPE.

laugh.gif

Come on...you know he'll be in the building anyway. He may not be in the media room, but Team Judah will hook him up with a nice seat so I'm sure we'll probably cross paths.

I really don't have anything bad to say TO him as I've already said it directly to him in the past....however, I certainly do have a lot of bad stuff to say ABOUT him regarding my experiences with him.

laugh.gif
thehype
Ooooooh....look what I found....

laugh.gif
Tha Docta
QUOTE(thehype @ May 1 2008, 02:55 PM) [snapback]388300[/snapback]
laugh.gif

Come on...you know he'll be in the building anyway. He may not be in the media room, but Team Judah will hook him up with a nice seat so I'm sure we'll probably cross paths.

I really don't have anything bad to say TO him as I've already said it directly to him in the past....however, I certainly do have a lot of bad stuff to say ABOUT him regarding my experiences with him.

laugh.gif

i wouldnt mind hearing more about those experiences hype. unless the well is running dry.

greg is so thugged out that if he sees you at the fights he will probably threaten to sue your ass. now those are the actions of a gangsta

edit - looks like i spoke too soon. is there anyway to read the rest of the contrat? i can only read the top half and damn that is some funny shit. how can you keep a straight face let alone sign that damn thing?
thehype
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ May 1 2008, 03:27 PM) [snapback]388302[/snapback]
i wouldnt mind hearing more about those experiences hype. unless the well is running dry.

greg is so thugged out that if he sees you at the fights he will probably threaten to sue your ass. now those are the actions of a gangsta

edit - looks like i spoke too soon. is there anyway to read the rest of the contrat? i can only read the top half and damn that is some funny shit. how can you keep a straight face let alone sign that damn thing?

With four or so years under my belt, the well is FAR from running dry.

That's just an image of the top half...I haven't even had a chance to look over the whole thing myself, but all in due time.

Some of the stuff I HAVE seen though...OH MY GOODNESS...I have no idea why someone would sign this thing.

I mean, it even says that the fighter is required to pay for "the cost of all long-distance telephone calls, reasonable transportation outside the New York Metropolitan area undertaken by Advisor at Fighter’s request or with Fighter’s consent and all reasonable lodging and reasonable living expenses connected therewith."

DAMN!

Are you kidding me?
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(thehype @ May 1 2008, 01:21 PM) [snapback]388296[/snapback]
Shoot me a PM if you plan on being in Vegas that weekend so I can get a head count.

Hype I just sent you one saying I'd be there. Don't know if it worked though. When I check sent items it says there's none.

Iy'm kindda dumm wen it cumes too this internment stuffs. dntknw.gif
Eaner0919
QUOTE(thehype @ Apr 30 2008, 02:58 PM) [snapback]388198[/snapback]
Well, I can't really speak to what's going on over there now since it's been nearly a year since I was involved, however, I do know that in it's prime...and when I say prime, I mean back when things were really clicking with the videos, interviews, chats, etc....from mid-2005 to mid-2006, right around the time of the Mayweather-Judah fight...there were roughly 700-800 paying members. I honestly can't recall a time when there were more paying members during the four or so years I was helping out. So...that being said...if you're wondering about the exposure for fighters, if a guy like Hopkins did an interview during that time period and it was locked for members only, then less than 700-800 people actually had an opportunity to read that interview (assuming that every member read it).

Like I said, that was during it's prime. Now, much like Tyson, they're kind of going through the second phase of their career...you know, when Tyson was going through the motions with guys like Peter McNeeley, Bruce Seldon and Francois Botha. Oh sure, he could still get the job done...but not like before when he was in his prime. I HIGHLY doubt that they're doing the same type of numbers now as they were back then (especially considering that guys like Juan Diaz and Antonio Margarito are getting their interviews locked now as well). So if that's the case, then a lot fewer people get to read those locked interviews than before when the site was still in it's prime. My guess would be that there might...MIGHT be about 400-500 members now. So that kind of gives you an idea of how much exposure the fighters are getting.

Honestly, if I were a fighter like Jones, Tarver, Hopkins, Winky, etc. and I had a message that I wanted to get across to the fans, I would DEMAND that my interview was free for ALL the public to read...either that or I would request a royalty check. That cat is basically making money off of their name and image so if it were me, that would be something I might to want fix. But hey....what do I know...I'm just a dumb web guy...I'm not quite as savvy as some of these elite fighters.

As for the ads, it's hard to really say. I mean, they're there, but whether or not people are actually paying attention to them, that's a different story. If I were a company, I'd probably have him link to a page that tracks where the hits are coming from (something that's pretty easy to do). I know Bodog was one of the sites that did that and when they realized they weren't getting the kind of traffic they were hoping to get...well...needless to say, you don't see the Bodog ad up there anymore.

I have a good one in regards to that right there in bold

when I started up the chats again for Max one of the key guys I wanted was Barrera as he was my all time favorite and if my memory recalls he was going into his third fight with Morales. I made all the calls, finally got in contact with key people for Marco, got them to agree, and immediately started promoting the chat. From what one of Team Barrera's people told me (we are close to this day) is that Greg called as soon as he saw our banner and immediately asked that he get a chat with Marco and it be before ours. Marco's team promptly told Greg that he promised me (Max) the first ever English chat with Barrera and that if he wanted a chat it would be the following week. I called him to confirm that everything was a go for the date and time involved and he relayed what Greg tried. In turn I told him thank you and warned him that for big names such as Marco he makes them members only and only paid people to his site would have the chance to see it. He balked, called greg or someone and told them Marco wont do a chat unless it is free to all the fans and that any chat on his site that Marco did will be free period.

Eaner0919
QUOTE(spice718 @ Apr 30 2008, 05:45 PM) [snapback]388201[/snapback]
Hi.....

hey Jin rumor has it he is trying to get in under Zabdiel's team. I saw Debbie K. on Tuesday and she says nice try but it wont work

better look into it as a few people said it
Tha Docta
hey Jin, no offense but i am rooting for zab judah to beat your husband. just thought i would lay that out there and keep it real. however, i also rooted for zab to beat kostya tzyu, baldomir, mayweather & cotto.
sweetchuck
Hmm, I wonder if any of the athletic commissions have seen that contract. If Lou Dibella could not get away with his "I'm not a promoter, I'm an advisor", I'm sure Greg Leon can't get away with "I'm not a manager, I'm an advisor". I know in Nevada, manager and advisor contracts have to be signed in the presence of a commission member. Another interesting thing to point out about Greg is, while he's not a manager, he's listed as a fighter's manager on Boxrec. Interesting, Ben Keith Kizer's email address is kkizer@boxing.nv.gov and Ron Scott Steven's email address is Rsteven2@dos.state.ny.us I'm sure they'll want to look at that.
thehype
QUOTE(Big Slim @ May 1 2008, 04:04 PM) [snapback]388306[/snapback]
Hype I just sent you one saying I'd be there. Don't know if it worked though. When I check sent items it says there's none.

Iy'm kindda dumm wen it cumes too this internment stuffs. dntknw.gif

LOL. I got it.
thehype
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ May 1 2008, 04:56 PM) [snapback]388311[/snapback]
hey Jin, no offense but i am rooting for zab judah to beat your husband. just thought i would lay that out there and keep it real. however, i also rooted for zab to beat kostya tzyu, baldomir, mayweather & cotto.

Sounds like you just secured the win for Mosley.

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE(sweetchuck @ May 1 2008, 05:08 PM) [snapback]388315[/snapback]
Hmm, I wonder if any of the athletic commissions have seen that contract. If Lou Dibella could not get away with his "I'm not a promoter, I'm an advisor", I'm sure Greg Leon can't get away with "I'm not a manager, I'm an advisor". I know in Nevada, manager and advisor contracts have to be signed in the presence of a commission member. Another interesting thing to point out about Greg is, while he's not a manager, he's listed as a fighter's manager on Boxrec. Interesting, Ben Keith Kizer's email address is kkizer@boxing.nv.gov and Ron Scott Steven's email address is Rsteven2@dos.state.ny.us I'm sure they'll want to look at that.

You know...I didn't even think about that.

Perhaps I should forward on some copies of this.

dntknw.gif

Oh my goodness you guys should see this....I honestly can't believe someone would sign this thing.

(d) Fighter agrees that he shall pay all of his expenses which may arise in connection with his activities and participation in professional boxing contests and exhibitions and in connection with Fighter’s commercial exploitation and professional use of his talents, personality, name and likeness in every manner and with respect to all of Fighter’s activities in the boxing industry including, but not limited to, the cost of material, equipment, facilities, transportation, lodging and living expenses, trainers and training facilities, accounting and legal fees, fines and/or penalties and Advisor shall not have any liability whatsoever in such connection. Advisor shall not be required to travel to meet with Fighter at any particular place; however, when Advisor travels on Fighter’s behalf with Fighter’s consent, it shall be at Fighter’s sole expense. Fighter agrees to reimburse Advisor for all expenses (sometimes hereinafter “Expenses”) which Advisor advances or incurs on Fighter’s behalf hereunder including, but not limited to, the cost of all long-distance telephone calls, reasonable transportation outside the New York Metropolitan area undertaken by Advisor at Fighter’s request or with Fighter’s consent and all reasonable lodging and reasonable living expenses connected therewith.
stateofthegame
I wonder if Greg has an approved license for this. I know in Texas a second's license to work a corner is 45 dollars (mine has expired, need to renew that) and a manager's license is almost 400 bucks. I bet if anything, he took the expense from one of the fighters considering they signed to pay hereinafter expenses.
The CEO
Advisor shall not be required to travel to meet with Fighter at any particular place; however, when Advisor travels on Fighter’s behalf with Fighter’s consent, it shall be at Fighter’s sole expense. Fighter agrees to reimburse Advisor for all expenses (sometimes hereinafter “Expenses”) which Advisor advances or incurs on Fighter’s behalf hereunder including, but not limited to, the cost of all long-distance telephone calls, reasonable transportation outside the New York Metropolitan area undertaken by Advisor at Fighter’s request or with Fighter’s consent and all reasonable lodging and reasonable living expenses connected therewith.

So in other words....Ishe Smith is losin' fights and gettin' swindled on the side in the process...

Well...at least it's happening to him, and not to a good fighter fans appreciate and respect...

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Hey Hype,

Talking of finance and whatnot have you thought of making this thread pay-per-view?

I'm SURE HBO would run with it. LOL.

Hell this is one of the most entertaining one sided whoopings I've seen in years!! Far better than watching Cotto kick the snot the out of Gomez. The difference being I kinda liked Gomez he seems like a nice guy.......................as for Greg on the other hand. Let's just say keep doing what you're doing.

Bring on round......what round are we up to now?

And as for y'all going to Vegas having cocktails with Jin and then watching Sugar make Zab do that funny chicken dance he does, I'm soooo jealous!
sweetchuck
If Greg has it in the contract stating that he is not a manager, he probably is not licensed as a manager. The travel isn't so bad, most of the time a promoter will pay a fighter's travel, lodging and food. But if the fight has to pay for calls I can see Greg going through his phone bill, highlighting it and sending the bill.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Hey Hype,

Or anyone else, can someone please tell me the difference between a manager and an 'advisor'.

Cause I thought that's sorta what a manger's job was to do: advise their fighter. And if a fighter's got a promoter and a manager then why the hell would they need an advisor??

OR is Greg just acting for guys that don't have the star power or profile to warrant a a manager?

And secondly Hype I'm assuming you were privvy to Greg's masterplan, how long has he been plotting away with this advisor stuff? I get the feeling he sees himself as the second coming of Don King. Oh lordy, as Don himself may say, 'only in America!!'

And just how did he convince these guys to sign that comedy contract and that they needed his 'advice'? By spoutin a little wigga talk and sporting a range of natty urban streetwear?

Sorry for so many questions but this is turning into my favourite soap opera.
blackbelt2003
LMAO at this thread.

For the couple of years I did British stuff for BT, I gotta say I had no contact with Greg, I did it all through Ben...thank god!

You were always cool with me, Ben, quick to reply with e-mails, straight up with everything and real cool the couple times we spoke on the phone. Greg seems like a real jerk. He acts and dresses like a fifteen year old kid who just heard his first 2Pac album. For a guy involved in boxing I'm surprised somebody hasn't punched the mo'fuckas lights out. Now THAT would be some exclusive video shit!

Anyway, I know I say it periodically and never get the chance to act on it, but when I got my shit together (man I'm working so hard at the moment), I'd love to do some more stuff for you and the other monkeys on here.

But I want my damned $10 per interview, goddamit!! biggrin.gif

Black
sweetchuck
Manager, advisor, agent, they all seem to be the same to me when I talk to people just different titles. They all negotiate with matchmakers and promoters to get their fighters the best deal and look to get them deals to make the fighter more money. They are the people who represent the fighter. Hell, when you look at what promoters are doing when they co-promote shows, they are starting to be more like managers too. From what I remember, Greg used to tell me that he's the next Don King.
Byrd Man
Hey G hope all is well. You make no secret that your advising fighters. That's cool I wish you luck. But can you tell the readers what is the difference between a manager and an advisor? And if a fighters has both do you ever find your opinions at odds with that of the manager? Thanks, Alex Thompson

Leon's Response: Thanks for the well wishes. An advisor actually has to know something about boxing, to become a boxing manager all one needs is money. Advisors also take much less than the 33 1/3% of a fighters purse that managers are entitled to. I've had differences of opinion with with boxers I advise and their managers before. When that happens, I do my best to provide solid imput, explain why I believe it's the best move, fiscally and strategically and hopefully come to a unified understanding as a team.

thehype
An advisor actually has to know something about boxing, to become a boxing manager all one needs is money. Advisors also take much less than the 33 1/3% of a fighters purse that managers are entitled to.

It's obvious that you don't need any money to be an advisor...not when you're making the fighters pay for EVERYTHING.

laugh.gif

As for an advisor needing to know something about boxing, what the fvck does that mean? Exactly where does one go to test their boxing knowledge? Is there some kind of degree you can get that says "I KNOW BOXING" in order to become an advisor. If there is, I'd definitely like to know where leon got his degree at...judging from the conversations I've had with him in the past, I'd say there's A LOT more people on this message board who know more about boxing than him. I mean, I personally had to save leon from himself a few years back when he was going to post his prediction for De La Hoya-Mayorga....he had Mayorga winning by stoppage.

laugh.gif
buford54
While I agree that the contract seems ridiculous, it's not unreasonable for an advisor to request reimbursement for all of those things, since he included the line "at the request of the fighter."
I don't see the big deal in getting reimbursed for unreasonable travel that your fighter requests that you make.
AKay
What surprises me is that someone like Pedro Fernandez hasnt picked up on this and reported on it in his site after all the back and forth they had going on before.
sweetchuck
I guess an advisor at that point could also be a friend in the gym you ask "Hey they are offering me this fight for this much money, what do you think?" if you go by what Greg says. There are plenty of people who know the sport a hell of a lot more than Leon. What he's doing is being a manager and trying to get away with making money off of these guys without being properly licensed. It's really sad that some of these fighters might be able to get a real manager that takes care of them without te interference of Greg Leon. All he's going to have to do is piss one manager off and he'll be before a commission and court explaining why he interfered with a manager's contract.
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ May 1 2008, 03:56 PM) [snapback]388311[/snapback]

Come on man Shane by decision or possible late ko. And I am not biased either LOL. I dont know how all this advising stuff works but you would think that he could pay for something. I mean he rips and runs and makes calls and doesnt have to pay a dime. No wonder some fighters retire broke. Shows why boxing needs a commision.
dj necrogenic
This has to be my favorite thread of all time
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Quote:

"Hey G hope all is well. You make no secret that your advising fighters. That's cool I wish you luck. But can you tell the readers what is the difference between a manager and an advisor? And if a fighters has both do you ever find your opinions at odds with that of the manager? Thanks, Alex Thompson

Leon's Response: Thanks for the well wishes. An advisor actually has to know something about boxing, to become a boxing manager all one needs is money. Advisors also take much less than the 33 1/3% of a fighters purse that managers are entitled to. I've had differences of opinion with with boxers I advise and their managers before. When that happens, I do my best to provide solid imput, explain why I believe it's the best move, fiscally and strategically and hopefully come to a unified understanding as a team."

This sounds like G asking himself a really easy question.

Byrd Man
Is "Alex" related to Ben?

lol
sweetchuck
Not all managers take 33 1/3%. But even if they do, most of them on the top level arrange sparring, trainers, cutman, travel and a hell of a lot of other things. From a few of the top fighters I know they are not paying 33 1/3 percent. One is paying 23% and has everything taken care of. Another pays 17% and same story, except they have their corner picked themself. At times a manager will arrange for tune up fights and pay for their fighter's purse to help build a record. A lot of managers go through a great expense to get 33 1/3 percent of just a few bigger purse and hope they make their money back.
The CEO
In general fields....when I think of a Manager's cut...I think 15%. For an Agent, I think 10%.

For an "advisor", I would think it would be 5% max.....
sweetchuck
Really, no one needs an advisor, if you have a good enough trainer and manager they will be your advisors. "Agents" most of the time are the guys who have contacts with matchmakers, if anything an agent's cut should come out of the manager's cut.
buford54
I think that the conflict of interests has started to rear it's ugly head over at B-talk.
Notice how since Ishe Smith just lost to Joel Julio, they have had Roger Mayweather and Ishe Smth both on the site. Ishe's interview is titled "Ishe Smith - More than just a Contender."

Seems to me you usually go after the interview with the guy who won the fight...not the guy who lost but is advised by the owner of the website.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(buford54 @ May 5 2008, 07:15 AM) [snapback]388621[/snapback]
I think that the conflict of interests has started to rear it's ugly head over at B-talk.
Notice how since Ishe Smith just lost to Joel Julio, they have had Roger Mayweather and Ishe Smth both on the site. Ishe's interview is titled "Ishe Smith - More than just a Contender."

Seems to me you usually go after the interview with the guy who won the fight...not the guy who lost but is advised by the owner of the website.

You're so very very right. That article is so wrong on many levels.

At the very least every time he runs one of these tinny articles he should release a disclosure statement that Btalk's publisher also 'advises' the featured fighter.

Maybe this is part of Leon's enticement package, 'hey sign with me and I'll get you plenty of exposure on my site.'

Well I guess it is his site and he can do what he pleases but I don't think he can expect to come off as a credible voice in the sport. Or should I say with what credibilty he has left in the sport.

As for Ishe I don't think he was ever a contender was he? I don't think he even ended up being a contender on The Contender!

Good luck to him though because he seems like a nice enough guy. Just a guy who maybe got some bad 'advice'.

sweetchuck
Ishe has been getting a lot of exposure on Boxingtalk for the last few years, before his stint on The Contender. Maybe they should change the name of that show to The Jabroni if it makes its way back on the airwaves. Ishe is a contender...for the NABC title.
AKay
Yet another article about Ishe and no posting of the Joel Julio Press release...
jlupi
Honestly, if I were a fighter like Jones, Tarver, Hopkins, Winky, etc. and I had a message that I wanted to get across to the fans, I would DEMAND that my interview was free for ALL the public to read...either that or I would request a royalty check. >>>

I never understood why big named fighters trying to hyp[e a fight and promote or advertise themselves woul limit the publics view.
Byrd Man
I edited out all the stuff that was about the boxing aspect, I just wanted to highlight this little exchange. lol. Pure comedy.

What's up G!! As usual when I have a boxing question on my mind I have to go to the guy with who can answer it better then anyone in the business. Your like the Wizard of Oz of boxing...

Leon's Response: While I appreciate the kind words, may I remind you the Wizard of Oz was a fraud.
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE(jlupi @ May 7 2008, 11:12 AM) [snapback]388785[/snapback]
Honestly, if I were a fighter like Jones, Tarver, Hopkins, Winky, etc. and I had a message that I wanted to get across to the fans, I would DEMAND that my interview was free for ALL the public to read...either that or I would request a royalty check. >>>
I never understood why big named fighters trying to hyp[e a fight and promote or advertise themselves woul limit the publics view.

well, basically it's an online magazine. boxers don't get a cut of ring magazine's sales.
thehype
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ May 7 2008, 02:04 PM) [snapback]388795[/snapback]
well, basically it's an online magazine. boxers don't get a cut of ring magazine's sales.

Yeah, they also don't go on Ring Magazine to sling dirt back and forth at each other...or beg for fights...or ask the fans to "do their part".

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE(AKay @ May 7 2008, 09:48 AM) [snapback]388778[/snapback]
Yet another article about Ishe and no posting of the Joel Julio Press release...

You mean the press release talking about Julio's "lofty" ranking?

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.