Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monkey Business
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
thehype
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Jul 29 2008, 04:40 PM) [snapback]397939[/snapback]
AHAHAHAHAHA Is this Greg? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Fucking FAG!!!

Wouldn't surprise me....judge for yourself:

Lookup IP Address: 38.117.244.251

General Information

Hostname: 38.117.244.251
ISP: Performance Systems International
Organization: Performance Systems International
Proxy: None detected
Type: Cable/DSL

Geo-Location Information

State/Region: NY
City: Jamaica
Latitude: 40.686
Longitude: -73.7921
Area Code: 718

If memory serves me correctly, I believe his honey bunni lives in Jamaica, NY. I can't confirm or deny it...at least not yet...but like I said, I know he reads the message board daily so it wouldn't surprise me at all. I suspect it probably is, but like I said, I can't confirm or deny it...at least not yet.
dj necrogenic
If Greg were any kind of man, he'd post an actual response. Maybe try to tell his side of the story... Since he doesnt I'm going to have to say thats basically an acknowledgment of this whole thread being truths.

Way to go Greg, way to fuck up you're fighters careers (not that they had promising ones anyway)
thehype
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Jul 29 2008, 05:10 PM) [snapback]397944[/snapback]
If Greg were any kind of man, he'd post an actual response. Maybe try to tell his side of the story... Since he doesnt I'm going to have to say thats basically an acknowledgment of this whole thread being truths.

Way to go Greg, way to fuck up you're fighters careers (not that they had promising ones anyway)

laugh.gif

I think he's better off not posting a response. Who knows what other dirt I might throw out there? LOL.

LMAO @ "hiHATERS"...that sounds like the type of username he would pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LFBNbDzBs
dj necrogenic
I couldve sworn I read somewhere on Boxingtalk today a comment about Green still being punchy after the Miranda fight... I went back to look for it and I cant find it anymore
Jack 1000
QUOTE(boxingschlock @ Jul 29 2008, 12:38 PM) [snapback]397904[/snapback]
FOR THOSE OF YOU MISSING MAILBAG AT BT.......

Yo-G-Man, what's going down. Just wanted to send a holla to let you guy's know you're still the shit. Wazzup wid yo man Green. Don't let the haters get you down G., this guy got what it takes to make some noise. Man if it wuz me I'd take short money and go grab the belts and be in the drivers seat. Let everybody come to you and you'll be calling the shots. Course that's just me, you're the master LOL. Anyway, love the site, keep it up.
D. Schnizel

What's going D? Nice to see Brooklyn passport holders giving a shoutout! Don't worry bout my man Green, he's still a but punchy from Miranda and does everything I tell him, LOL. No, for real, we got this thing covered like my newborn who's probably at home right now, hope so LOL. Look for Green to be making some green real soon, not like the chump change being thrown around like some of the haters are saying. Be cool. G.

LOL!!! What amazingly articulate grammar and syntax!!! Shit, there are winos that write better than that! laugh.gif

"Presenting the above quotes, to serve as a model example from the Greg Leon Correspondence School For Effective Communication and Business Writing!!!" Hehehehe!

Jack
rusty_trombone
The name "D. Schnizel" definitely sounds like something Leon made up also. Unless some other genius actually wrote in and signed off with that fake name.
Tyson180
I'd be real curious to know how much Heard sold the site for to Leon, and how that bum scraped up any cash to buy the thing. If he does sell it, I'm willing to bet he's going to want mucko bucks for it.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Tyson180 @ Jul 29 2008, 07:28 PM) [snapback]397968[/snapback]
I'd be real curious to know how much Heard sold the site for to Leon, and how that bum scraped up any cash to buy the thing. If he does sell it, I'm willing to bet he's going to want mucko bucks for it.

Maybe Ron took payment in BJ's? No offense to Ron, it's more of an insult at Leon. Who I don't really hate, but am enjoying insulting.
thehype
QUOTE(Tyson180 @ Jul 29 2008, 07:28 PM) [snapback]397968[/snapback]
I'd be real curious to know how much Heard sold the site for to Leon...

$5000.00
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(thehype @ Jul 29 2008, 08:16 PM) [snapback]397991[/snapback]
$5000.00

is that pesos?
thehype
laugh.gif

US Dollars!!!!

Yeah...if memory serves me correctly, it was $5000 and ol' Heard turned over all the files to the site.

Ol' Heard had one last trick up his sleeve though...

But that is another story....

Jack 1000
QUOTE(thehype @ Jul 29 2008, 10:09 PM) [snapback]398031[/snapback]
laugh.gif

US Dollars!!!!

Yeah...if memory serves me correctly, it was $5000 and ol' Heard turned over all the files to the site.

Ol' Heard had one last trick up his sleeve though...

But that is another story....

LOL!!!!! Hehehehe!!! These tidbits are better than the greatest Soap Opera ever written! laugh.gif

So after Ron turned over the site info to Greg for 5000 Peso's...hahahaha, ok dollars!, how much ownership did Ron actually still have? The story that I heard years ago was that Ron had some personal family problems and either had two options: To sell out the site to a third party, or just turn over the operations to Greg. But if memory serves correctly, wasn't there always some animosity between Ron and Greg over who had property of what from the very beginning?

"The suspense is terrible! I hope it will last!" -Willy Wonka thumbsup_anim.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(hiHATERS @ Jul 29 2008, 12:40 PM) [snapback]397905[/snapback]
HATER \ A label applied to people who are more negative than positive when discussing another person. It most commonly refers to individuals whose negativity is so extreme that it is all-consuming. However, there are various levels and forms of being a hater, ranging from completely dismissing any positive traits or actions, to merely painting a less than flattering picture by using words with negative connotations. Hating is often attributed to jealousy, but just as often, it seems to stem from some other source.

HAHAHAHAHAHA..I'm a hater??Call it whatever you want,though the dude is pathetic and steals people's money and gives them nothing in return..I bet you are Leon and am just salty cause I busted you up some bad..Your site sucks and you still think your the top guy in the industry..I could of wrote a better post fight analysis of Cotto-Margarito then Leon did..He writes a paragraph about one of the best fights of the year and charges people money to see probably just as pathetic interviews with boxers??Boxingtalk is worthless now..That site needs to be put to rest..It was the dopest site at one time,no doubt..I kept askin Leon when there was going to be another chat and he'd just keep writing back,"we're about to start the chats again" sooo i decided to give the site one last chance and became a member for the last time..All I got was 1 chat!!!I know you all know who it was too!!The only guy who'd do the chats-----FLOYD JR...BORING!!!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(thehype @ Jul 28 2008, 08:17 PM) [snapback]397764[/snapback]
JonnyBlaze!!!!!! What's good man. Long time, no see. I don't think I've seen you since one of those ol' school chats.

Anyway, thanks for the support bro.

Yeah, not letting the fans get the phone calls anymore was pretty much right around the time when things started to change. As you can tell from his response, it was never about giving back to the fans or the paying members...it was only about trying to prove that he was credible. It quickly became less and less about doing things for the fans, the fighters and the sport and more, more about hustling people to put money in his pocket.

Every week that goes by, the site becomes more and more of a joke. Other than DiBella's lawyer Scott Shaffer, none of the "senior writers" that he has listed (Budd Schulberg, George Kimball and Bert Sugar) do any writing for him. Bert Sugar never even did anything for him...he couldn't because ESPN wouldn't let him. Speaking of ESPN, George Kimball left and bounced to ESPN.com (makes you wonder if leon is bitter about that given his recent attacks regarding the Rafael situation). And Budd Schulberg...well...if you don't know who Budd Schulberg is, he's a legendary boxing writer...the author of the novels What Makes Sammy Run, The Harder They Fall and the Academy-award-winning screenplay for On the Waterfront. Anyway, somehow, leon got hooked up with Budd's son Benn...one thing led to another and the next thing I know, I was told to add both Benn and Budd to the list of correspondents. Well, I think Benn may have wrote like one thing for the site so when I asked leon why he was keeping those guys on board in favor of some of the other guys he was looking to dump, he replied to me, "Shit nigga, Budd Schulberg is like 90 some years old. When he dies, I can say he was with boxingtalk. Holla!"

Fucking disgusting.

Hell, now he's got a mailbagger doing the mailbag and half the names on his correspondent list have either gone on to other sites (like Michael Campbell, Mike Samuels, Mike Walters, Dan Horgan and Brad Cooney), don't do anything anymore (like Don Wright, Cara Castronouva, Philip Gonzalez and Ray Campbell) or are simply fake aliases (like B. Artest, Wyatt Johnston, Ramon Rodriguez and Hector Linares). It's a fucking ghost town over there...nothing more than a PR website for his fighters and some of his friends who want to talk a little smack thinking they might get a fight. I don't think anyone needs a better example of how bad things have gotten than his recent coverage of Margarito-Cotto. I mean, talk about pathetic. No articles, no interviews, no predictions...no nothing. Just more talk about his beef with Rafael regarding one of his fighters mixed with a few mailbags answered by some fan.

It's really sad....I don't think I've seen that site at such a low point...not even when good ol' Ron Heard was running it.

Sup Hype,
It's has been a long time man..It's good to be back..I was always checkin out the site but it wasn't till recently I started posting and everything..I was also havin problems getting into the chats but I found out it was cause I was trying to get on through AOL and for some reason,doesn't work with AOL..How could I not support you man??I was pissed myself..hahaha..Like I said in my last post,I got ripped off by Leon..I signed up and got nothing for my money..I really wonder how many members he has now..Also,he shouldn't be calling his members monkeys or annoying,he should be calling them suckers..hahaha..You're the man for bringing back the phone calls,that was always my favorite thing about BTalk..
Tyson180
Gleon rockin more of those Exclusive Monte Barrett interviews!
thehype
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jul 30 2008, 01:08 PM) [snapback]398079[/snapback]
LOL!!!!! Hehehehe!!! These tidbits are better than the greatest Soap Opera ever written! laugh.gif

So after Ron turned over the site info to Greg for 5000 Peso's...hahahaha, ok dollars!, how much ownership did Ron actually still have? The story that I heard years ago was that Ron had some personal family problems and either had two options: To sell out the site to a third party, or just turn over the operations to Greg. But if memory serves correctly, wasn't there always some animosity between Ron and Greg over who had property of what from the very beginning?

"The suspense is terrible! I hope it will last!" -Willy Wonka thumbsup_anim.gif

Damn Jack...now you're gonna force me to reveal some other tidbits.

LOL

Yeah...your memory serves you correctly, but there's a few details missing. Basically, it involved Ron maintaining the rights to the domain names boxingtalk.com and boxingtalk.net, but I'll fill in the blanks when I get a free minute. Just a little busy right at this moment, but we'll come back to that.

thehype
QUOTE(JonnyBlaze @ Jul 30 2008, 06:21 PM) [snapback]398130[/snapback]
I really wonder how many members he has now..

Well...the last time I checked, which was right around the time I left, there were about 700 members...give or take about 50 free comped accounts. Now, you'll have to break that down to 1 month, 6 months and 1 year. The majority of those accounts, maybe 70-80%, were 1 month memberships.

And I HIGHLY doubt that number has increased since the last time I checked. If anything, given the type of content that I've seen locked over the year or so (i.e. Juan Diaz, Vernon Forrest, etc.) my guess would be that it decreased DRASTICALLY.

Again, let that be lesson to any fighter who has their interview locked over there....LESS THAN 700 PEOPLE WILL GET TO READ WHATEVER IT IS YOU HAD TO SAY.
thehype
QUOTE(Tyson180 @ Jul 31 2008, 03:58 PM) [snapback]398293[/snapback]
Gleon rockin more of those Exclusive Monte Barrett interviews!

laugh.gif

Isn't it funny that it's soooooo obvious it's him doing the interview. He doesn't even bother to change up his writing style at all to fool people.

"Closing thoughts?"

laugh.gif

And since when does Monte Barrett deserve higher billing than Roy Jones Jr.?

laugh.gif
Jack 1000
QUOTE(thehype @ Jul 31 2008, 03:09 PM) [snapback]398299[/snapback]
laugh.gif

Isn't it funny that it's soooooo obvious it's him doing the interview. He doesn't even bother to change up his writing style at all to fool people.

"Closing thoughts?"

laugh.gif

And since when does Monte Barrett deserve higher billing than Roy Jones Jr.?

laugh.gif

Exactly Ben!

In Greg's sick, twisted, exploiting, mind, he would think, "Fuck pre/post fight coverage for Margarito-Cotto!!!" I got the very best like............(drumroll...............) MONTE BARRETT AND ALLEN GREEN!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Soon, Greg will be locking those interviews as well for the privileged and exclusive 3 people that even go to that site anymore!

taunt.gif

Jack
WindyCityP
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jul 31 2008, 10:57 PM) [snapback]398305[/snapback]
Exactly Ben!

In Greg's sick, twisted, exploiting, mind, he would think, "Fuck pre/post fight coverage for Margarito-Cotto!!!" I got the very best like............(drumroll...............) MONTE BARRETT AND ALLEN GREEN!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Soon, Greg will be locking those interviews as well for the privileged and exclusive 3 people that even go to that site anymore!

taunt.gif

Jack

BT is the worst boxing site out there without a doubt. And to think he charges for Vernon fucking forrest interviews. LOL
dj necrogenic
QUOTE(WindyCityP @ Jul 31 2008, 03:12 PM) [snapback]398313[/snapback]
BT is the worst boxing site out there without a doubt. And to think he charges for Vernon fucking forrest interviews. LOL

Vernon Forrest beat Shane Mosely 6 years ago... he clearly deserves to be only for paying members clapping.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE(WindyCityP @ Jul 31 2008, 05:12 PM) [snapback]398313[/snapback]

For sure dude..All ya get is interviews for the 50 bucks or so ya gotta pay for a membership..He always brings in the same people most of the time for interviews..I gotta say though,Vernon Forrest is a change up..He doesn't have Hype anymore,soo he doesn't know what to do with himself..haha..He has no more die hard workers to do all the work for him while he does nothing but take all the credit..
Douchebag
You know whats funny?(Rhetorical Question) But before I even started posting on this site(like in 05 or 06) I was looking for sites to get interviews and boxing news and I ran across b-talk.com and I always wondered why the fuck where they charging for the interviews...............I never actually thought that I would ever find the answer to that question. Thanks hype now my life is complete. victory.gif
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jul 31 2008, 06:03 PM) [snapback]398324[/snapback]
You know whats funny?(Rhetorical Question) But before I even started posting on this site(like in 05 or 06) I was looking for sites to get interviews and boxing news and I ran across b-talk.com and I always wondered why the fuck where they charging for the interviews...............I never actually thought that I would ever find the answer to that question. Thanks hype now my life is complete. victory.gif

I would never pay to read an interview. Maxboxing charges for some of there interviews also. Max is owned by ESPN who has shit loads of money so why charge? Does ESPN charge for their baseball and football interviews?? Just wondering.
Bhopreign
QUOTE(Boxingjunkie @ Jul 31 2008, 11:28 PM) [snapback]398372[/snapback]
I would never pay to read an interview. Maxboxing charges for some of there interviews also. Max is owned by ESPN who has shit loads of money so why charge? Does ESPN charge for their baseball and football interviews?? Just wondering.

Maxboxing is not owned by no ESPN.
MarzB
Although I "DID" (pay) I don't agree with the "pay" model in any sport personally.

Regarding the previous question that depends (about ESPN)

Does ESPN charge for their baseball and football interviews??

No but they do have an "INSIDER" page that you have to pay for where I don't know if there are interviews there or not. I'm a huge sports fan in general and during the various trade deadlines of whatever sports, guys who had an "INSIDER" account would post what was posted.

Frankly IMO in hindsight most of the stuff that was said in the "INSIDER" columns would come out later anyways.

The only justification that I see that a boxing site (in particular) can say for a pay model is that boxing is NOT a mainstream sport any longer(thus theres not a huge influx of money other sources clamoring at every angle like other sports). Also if you're a boxing junkie like me that loves watching interviews, training sessions, hype interviews, press conferences, etc that aren't generally available or most importantly is even a NICHE offering for a boxing fan that you just can't get.

The way Hype described the interviews is dead on.

Oh yeah that leads me to the "HI HATERS" poster. It's pretty obvious that was Greg(damn you really put him on blast posting his IP,lol) damn you moron at least use a proxy if you're gonna do that. I was gonna type about how PATHETIC your site has gotten but you know what dude, life goes on. Things change and things move on and perhaps you should. I was gonna reminisce about the "good ol"days of logging in and they're being a tidbit but screw that nostalgia. Now it is what it is and I'm sure you can read webtrends or some other monitoring software that your hits are no where near the levels they once were. You can look in the mirror to see the problem. As an "advisor" rather than focusing on some silly "monkey business", you should be doing something to get your fighter as much exposure as he could get for his fight tomorrow.

I mean damn, why give you ANYTHING when you don't even have an add pointing to SHOBOX tomorrow night?? Having a "hustler" trait isn't a bad thing but you can't be a "hustler" forever dude. There has to be some destination at some point or else you're the hamster always running in the wheel..

I'm sure the above is lost on deaf ears or should I say eyes so oh well.

dj necrogenic
Boxingtalk before it became a pay site was great... Hell I remember back before Greg even took the site... Once it became pay it started going downhill, was still alright for a while, but then once the fighthype/boxingtalk split happened that site just DIED...
thehype
QUOTE(MarzB @ Aug 1 2008, 01:47 AM) [snapback]398381[/snapback]
Although I "DID" (pay) I don't agree with the "pay" model in any sport personally.

Regarding the previous question that depends (about ESPN)

Does ESPN charge for their baseball and football interviews??

No but they do have an "INSIDER" page that you have to pay for where I don't know if there are interviews there or not. I'm a huge sports fan in general and during the various trade deadlines of whatever sports, guys who had an "INSIDER" account would post what was posted.

Frankly IMO in hindsight most of the stuff that was said in the "INSIDER" columns would come out later anyways.

The only justification that I see that a boxing site (in particular) can say for a pay model is that boxing is NOT a mainstream sport any longer(thus theres not a huge influx of money other sources clamoring at every angle like other sports). Also if you're a boxing junkie like me that loves watching interviews, training sessions, hype interviews, press conferences, etc that aren't generally available or most importantly is even a NICHE offering for a boxing fan that you just can't get.

The way Hype described the interviews is dead on.

Oh yeah that leads me to the "HI HATERS" poster. It's pretty obvious that was Greg(damn you really put him on blast posting his IP,lol) damn you moron at least use a proxy if you're gonna do that. I was gonna type about how PATHETIC your site has gotten but you know what dude, life goes on. Things change and things move on and perhaps you should. I was gonna reminisce about the "good ol"days of logging in and they're being a tidbit but screw that nostalgia. Now it is what it is and I'm sure you can read webtrends or some other monitoring software that your hits are no where near the levels they once were. You can look in the mirror to see the problem. As an "advisor" rather than focusing on some silly "monkey business", you should be doing something to get your fighter as much exposure as he could get for his fight tomorrow.

I mean damn, why give you ANYTHING when you don't even have an add pointing to SHOBOX tomorrow night?? Having a "hustler" trait isn't a bad thing but you can't be a "hustler" forever dude. There has to be some destination at some point or else you're the hamster always running in the wheel..
I'm sure the above is lost on deaf ears or should I say eyes so oh well.

Great post.

+1

But don't worry....Hype's interviews will always be free.

laugh.gif
boxingschlock
Question: If your fighter Ishe has a fight tonight shouldn't you have gotten your man Artest to do an interview?
Also, if Brad from Australia doesn't write, is there a mailbag?
thehype
QUOTE(boxingschlock @ Aug 1 2008, 02:43 PM) [snapback]398425[/snapback]
Question: If your fighter Ishe has a fight tonight shouldn't you have gotten your man Artest to do an interview?
Also, if Brad from Australia doesn't write, is there a mailbag?

laugh.gif

Well...that would be the smart and the right thing to do, but you have to start thinking more like an employee of GLAG (g. leon advisory group). You see, like you said, Ishe already has a fight tonight so there's no real need to get him any interviews or exposure until he needs a new fight. Monte Barrett, on the other hand, doesn't have a fight lined up so all focus is on him right now.

laugh.gif
Byrd Man
Is it just me or does this seem like a chat, rather than a "mailbag"? I mean you got the second guy responding to something he said in the previous post. Hmmmm.... Plus I love the "Floyd's retired" comment as if to say "you big dummy, he's not even in the picture, let's move along now...nothing to see here.

ha ha ha

Just wanted to know do you think Oscar is really gonna retire after this fight and if he does who is his likely opponent. I been hearing Manny but i'll believe it when i see it. Also who do you think the winner of Jones and Calzaghe fight next. Could it be the Tarver Dawson winner.
G what up,

Leon's Response: Do I think he's going to retire? No way. Fighting once a year he can keep it going for another five years. Forget about the Pacquiao fight it's a circus act. Tarver and I spoke over the weekend, and he expressed to me that the fight wasn't done because he wanted more money. The winner of Jones-Calzaghe should fight whoever looks like the biggest threat from the Tarver-Dawson, Pavlik-Hopkins fights.

Do you really think if Zab beats Clottey that he deserves to fight Oscar? I think Manny has a better shot at Oscar in the ring than ZAb sh!t even Floyd has a better chance at facing Oscar than Zab. Donít get me wrong Zab is good but he has stacked to many Lís up lately to get that fight. But what makes you think Manny and Oscar wonít happen and if it doesnít who do you think will.

Leon's Response: Deserving the fight and being the most sensible PPV option are two different things. Brother, Oscar De La Hoya is a different animal. There isn't anybody else who could lose his last fight and provoke you to ask me if a champion would deserve to fight him.

Hey G, your 'bag' is the sh*t! Floyd should fight Margarito, show everybody how it's done, collect his big check then go fishing! Hopkins will give Pavlik a boxing lesson! Taylor fighting Lacy does nothing to improve Taylor's skills but it is a money fight because how many people know who Carl Froch is? Roy Jones WILL defeat Calzaghe and then DEFEAT Wladimir Klitschko (in the battle of the glass chins)! I know Zab is your boy but Clottey will send Zab into early retirement. Cotto is still more marketable then Margarito, so Arum will neglect him to instead rebuild Cotto. If the 5'7" lifelong junior lightweight Steve Forbes was able to give Oscar De La Hoya a "pumpkin head" then Pacquiao will BEAT Oscar's a$$!

Leon's Response: Floyd is retired. rolleyes.gif Margarito should fight Paul Williams. Pavlik-Hopkins will be interesting but unattractive. I wouldn't be surprised if the old man pulled it off, because Pavlik isn't the same kind of beast above 160. Fighting above 160 twice in his last three fights is also killing his ability to establish himself as one of the great middleweight champions, while making it more and more difficult for Pavlik to get back down to 160. I also like Roy over Calzaghe, but he's never fighting Wladimir Klitschko. Zab is focused and Clottey is as hungry as they come. There's no question Zab is going to have to bring his A game to walk away with the IBF strap tomorrow night.
Byrd Man
Also, Leon seems to be under the impression that DLH v. Pac is not happening. He made several comments basically shitting on the idea that this fight is going forward. Everything I've read has been to the contrary, that the fight negotiations are progressing nicely and this is gonna get done.

Maybe he's saying this because Rafael is reporting that the negotiations are getting closer to getting done.

Leon's Response: Pacquiao has become the Mexican Assasin. Nate Campbell is the best black lightweight, but he's got a serious fight coming up with Joan Guzman, so he's currently unavailable. Other than that, Joel Casamayor, Juan Diaz, Michael Katsidis and Juan Manuel Marquez, the other elite lightweights are all unavailable, so Bob gets a pass on another B level Pacquiao fight. Valero would be the most interesting, but won't do big business. De La Hoya isn't happening, and Soto is a who cares kind of fight.
Byrd Man
The Leon Funny of the Day
=================

Sir: I would like to see how PacMan can handle an aging ODLH. ODLH may have an advantage in height but the PacMan has his speed. You can't just hit a moving target with a speed like an ox! I hope you also watch and enjoy this to see the most spectacular upset in boxing! Thank you and more power. mcemman

Leon's Response: If Oscar were to lose to Pacquiao his career would be over. There are many other boxers Oscar can fight, lose to, and still remain the straw that stirs the drink. Glad you want to see it, but I don't think it's going to happen.

ha ha ha ha ha...

DLH is fighting his farewell fight (debatably I suppose) and Leon says if he loses "his career would be over"

lol

Fantastic!
Thegreatequalizer
i think this discussion is hilarious. it's amazing how that guy really did have a great website and slowly but surely just let it fall to shit. i saw a recent mailbag that had some fake write-in that the guy was saying all this stuff about how he was obsessed with b-talk and was addicted to checking it all day long. you know that one is fake because only like one or two things go up per day, if that.

thanks for all the insider info.
STEVENSKI
The main thing that site had going for it was it's message board. If you spent time on the MB you got all the mail you needed from other posters. I personally hardly read anything on the main page.

I read a bit more here because Hype covers a wider range of sports & gives better coverage.

Hey Ben can you please make a Uber egotistical mailbag full of selp important bluster & we can write letters of praise. Better yet ignore us & just make up fake letters full of praise for the Hype.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Aug 13 2008, 06:39 PM) [snapback]400402[/snapback]
i think this discussion is hilarious. it's amazing how that guy really did have a great website and slowly but surely just let it fall to shit. i saw a recent mailbag that had some fake write-in that the guy was saying all this stuff about how he was obsessed with b-talk and was addicted to checking it all day long. you know that one is fake because only like one or two things go up per day, if that.

thanks for all the insider info.

LOL. Someone seriously wrote that? Man I guess there are a lot of people wating to see in which public bathroom Vernon Forrest is going to shit in.

Just out of curiosity, I checked out Btalk's P4P list. Leon still has Wright at #5.

Another thing is that he rates the lineal champs just like Ring Magazine except they are called Boxing Talk champs. I wonder if he has given them Btalk belts yet.
caneman
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 13 2008, 08:20 PM) [snapback]400416[/snapback]
LOL. Someone seriously wrote that? Man I guess there are a lot of people wating to see in which public bathroom Vernon Forrest is going to shit in.

Just out of curiosity, I checked out Btalk's P4P list. Leon still has Wright at #5.

Another thing is that he rates the lineal champs just like Ring Magazine except they are called Boxing Talk champs. I wonder if he has given them Btalk belts yet.

Nah, it would be a T-shirt would'nt it?!?!?!?!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 14 2008, 12:20 AM) [snapback]400416[/snapback]

Greg makes them out of broken fake Rolex's glued onto old shoe leather. Thay have street bling & serious cred. I hear Zab has his one on the wall of his cardboard box & Tarvers has a prominent position next to the crack pipe in his tenement.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 13 2008, 08:33 PM) [snapback]400421[/snapback]
Greg makes them out of broken fake Rolex's glued onto old shoe leather. Thay have street bling & serious cred. I hear Zab has his one on the wall of his cardboard box & Tarvers has a prominent position next to the crack pipe in his tenement.

laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Aug 13 2008, 07:28 PM) [snapback]400409[/snapback]
Hey Ben can you please make a Uber egotistical mailbag full of selp important bluster & we can write letters of praise. Better yet ignore us & just make up fake letters full of praise for the Hype.

laugh.gif

I'll see what I can do.

By the way, just for the record, I officially received confirmation from a person in the know that B. Artest is indeed Leon pretending to be someone else because he can't get anyone to do the interviews with his fighters.
thehype
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 13 2008, 08:20 PM) [snapback]400416[/snapback]

Again, for the record, Scott Shaffer, Lou DiBella's lawyer, is the one that updates their ratings (it's gotta be tough to be unbiased when determining the ranking for DiBella's fighters)...and you laugh, but a Btalk belt was actually in the works at one point (in fact, I think I might still have some emails from Leon and Shaffer talking about it) and Floyd Mayweather Jr. was supposed to be one of the first fighters to receive it.

laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(thehype @ Aug 14 2008, 01:56 PM) [snapback]400550[/snapback]
Again, for the record, Scott Shaffer, Lou DiBella's lawyer, is the one that updates their ratings (it's gotta be tough to be unbiased when determining the ranking for DiBella's fighters)...and you laugh, but a Btalk belt was actually in the works at one point (in fact, I think I might still have some emails from Leon and Shaffer talking about it) and Floyd Mayweather Jr. was supposed to be one of the first fighters to receive it.

laugh.gif

That would have been great. Imagine Mayweather rolling into the ring with his Ring belt, Alphabet straps and Btalk belt. I can just imagine Merchant's comments.
woooooo
Leon would definitely try to get a percentage out of Mayweather, or at the least have him wear a Boxingtalk shirt to the ring accompanying the $15 dollar belt he had custom tailor fit for Money May.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(woooooo @ Aug 14 2008, 03:36 PM) [snapback]400570[/snapback]
Leon would definitely try to get a percentage out of Mayweather, or at the least have him wear a Boxingtalk shirt to the ring accompanying the $15 dollar belt he had custom tailor fit for Money May.

15$? I don't know Leon but from what I've heard that's more than he would be willing to invest.
woooooo
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 14 2008, 02:38 PM) [snapback]400571[/snapback]
15$? I don't know Leon but from what I've heard that's more than he would be willing to invest.

Yea, I gave him too much credit on that one.
MarzB
I actually don't think that(the belt) was a bad idea at the time it was conceived. In hindsight it sounds corny but its no different than getting cats to wear T-shirts.

Which brings us back to you Hype. Come on man, whats up with the "FightHype" SHIRTS?? Me and I'm sure most of the other guys would love to support you in this. It'll be a nice way to put some $$$ into what you do for us.

Meantime, I came here because I try not to pile on on the boxingtalk thing but at times its just so hard NOT to. It really is.

Starting with the "Bullschit Artest" aka "B Artest aka Greg Leon interviews,lol. I understand if your back is against the wall in running your own venture, you have to at times be creative or make yourself larger than you are. Believe me, I've been there (although no where near as pathetic).

But this "B Artest" crap is going WAY too far. I'm reading the interview with Shay Smith (a guy who for some reason I still like and I thought he looked good against Wolak) and this "B Artest" character actually references "Greg Leon" during the interview.

(shaking my head). Dude if you're reading this (which I'm sure you are) this is beyond sad. If you need to do interviews with your fighters and you believe it would look like a conflict of interest if it had YOUR byline (hence the "B ARTEST") then fine. But damn DON'T friggin reference yourself. The point is to build up the fighter,not the "advisor",lol.

The comment I'm referring to is here.
-- --------------------------------

T: I know that your advisor would love to make a fight between you and Miguel Cotto, how do you feel about that fight?

IS: I think Cotto's a great champion, he's a great fighter. I don't think he should hold his head down at all for the performance that he put on. I think he fought well, he gave it all he had, it's just Margarito was so determined. I would love to mix it up with Cotto. Anywhere from 147-154, I will fight, and I just want to fight the best. If that's a fight that gets made, I'm happy with it, if not, we'll just look for something else
-----------------------------------------

It gets even worse. I have a hard time believing another man was felating another dude who's his advisor as much as Shay was in the follow up to that comment. Talk about an over blown ego. I'm afraid to read the OTHER interviews for fear they'll be about back patting G Leon,lol..

Don't give yourself credit by saying something stupid like, "All that matters is your reading it". Or whatever. I read Max, Fightnews, eastside, ringsidereport, boxingscene and (your fav) ESPN boxing too..
rusty_trombone
There is no way Cotto takes a fight with Ishe.
dj necrogenic
B. Artest interviews Monte Barrett today, and its got at least 2 references to Greg in there laugh.gif
thehype
QUOTE(MarzB @ Aug 15 2008, 02:41 PM) [snapback]400724[/snapback]
Which brings us back to you Hype. Come on man, whats up with the "FightHype" SHIRTS?? Me and I'm sure most of the other guys would love to support you in this. It'll be a nice way to put some $$$ into what you do for us.

Working on it as we speak...hope to have some pictures and an order form ready by the end of the weekend since there isn't that much going on in boxing or MMA. Probably could have had it done by now if I didn't get caught up in some foolishness in the Smack Talk section. I'll keep you posted though.
Asian Sensation
QUOTE(thehype @ Aug 14 2008, 01:56 PM) [snapback]400550[/snapback]

laugh.gif

Scott Shaffer, who really is one of the coolest people I've met in boxing, is no longer affiliated with DBE as far as I know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.