Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tarver claims Hopkins made his career...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Warlord
So apparantly Antonio Tarver has been running his mouth again, and it would appear he's just as delusional as ever. Check out his most recent remarks regarding Bernard Hopkins.

ďIt hurts me in my heart that Hopkins is living off that one victory today - because he doesnít own a light-heavyweight championship - but it was a marquee victory, a big fight, and he came through,Ē Tarver said. ďAnd so bless the old man and hopefully he can do what he has to do against Joe Calzaghe."

After this astounding revelation, Tarver then went on to say...

ďHeís made a lot of money off my name but if the opportunity ever presents itself for us to fight again then, like I always have in my career, I will right the wrong. Thatís all I can look forward to but Iím not going to lose sleep over that, Iím not chasing Bernard Hopkins, or Joe Calzaghe, Iím not chasing anybody.Ē

Wowzers. I never knew Bernard Hopkins's entire career was built around that one win he has over Hopkins. Learn something new every day. Here I thought Tarver had it in mind to prey upon an old, past-his-prime legend but instead got himself ass-raped in front of a live audience of millions.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AqZR...t&type=lgns
hitman
thats funny coming from him. if someone has ever built their whole career on beating one guy it's antonio tarver.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(hitman @ Apr 4 2008, 02:50 AM) [snapback]384991[/snapback]
thats funny coming from him. if someone has ever built their whole career on beating one guy it's antonio tarver.

Exac-fukin-lee!!! LOL!!! I could have sworn that I knew of Hopkins loooong before his fight with Tarver... Isnt Hopkins the guy that KO'd DLH from a bodyshot. Isnt he the same guy that handed Trinidad his 1st loss. Isnt he the same guy who held the middleweight division on lock for 10years or more... Yeah thats funny coming from Tarver...
The Original MrFactor
P.S. I would say thats the pot calling the kettle black, but goddamn Tarver is beyond black... In fact he's so black, lightning bugs follow him around in the daytime...

no racial shit... I am black too... just some humor...
xxxxxx
That's some funny shit coming from Tarver.He can't be that stupid...I think Tarver is trying to get Hopkins to give him a rematch because he got abused in the first fight.He was calling Hopkins a Legend before they fought and now he says X is living off that victory? Doesn't make sense to me.
Method
P.S. I would say thats the pot calling the kettle black, but goddamn Tarver is beyond black... In fact he's so black, lightning bugs follow him around in the daytime...

OMFG! That was some of the funniest shit I have read in a long time. It's 5 AM and Im laughing out loud.

I read Tatrver's comments, and, they're so ridiculous I just shrug 'em off. I mean, how do you even respond to it, or begin to address it?

If Tarver fought any where near as good as he talked in all of those B-Talk interviews years before the fight, he might have had a shot. That fight was over when Tarver tried to give Hopkins his back at the weigh in stare down. Hell, it was over when they both went on Jim Rome together, and Hopkins just completely spit shit in Tarver's face, and, Tarver UNCHARACTERISTICALLY sat and took it. No venom infused rebuttals. Nothing. Tarver got fucking punked.

He's never gonna get a rematch. He has no basis for a rematch. The fight was not even close. At his age, Hopkins is not gonna concern himself with a rematch w Tarver. It's new scalps or no scalps. But with only a limited number of fights left in your system, no need to waste it on a re-run.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Method @ Apr 4 2008, 06:35 AM) [snapback]384995[/snapback]
OMFG! That was some of the funniest shit I have read in a long time. It's 5 AM and Im laughing out loud.

I read Tatrver's comments, and, they're so ridiculous I just shrug 'em off. I mean, how do you even respond to it, or begin to address it?

If Tarver fought any where near as good as he talked in all of those B-Talk interviews years before the fight, he might have had a shot. That fight was over when Tarver tried to give Hopkins his back at the weigh in stare down. Hell, it was over when they both went on Jim Rome together, and Hopkins just completely spit shit in Tarver's face, and, Tarver UNCHARACTERISTICALLY sat and took it. No venom infused rebuttals. Nothing. Tarver got fucking punked.

He's never gonna get a rematch. He has no basis for a rematch. The fight was not even close. At his age, Hopkins is not gonna concern himself with a rematch w Tarver. It's new scalps or no scalps. But with only a limited number of fights left in your system, no need to waste it on a re-run.

i still remember the joyous feeling of watching the old man slap the milk dud around for 12 rounds. i was never a huge hopkins fan, but i made an exception that night. I ask this question every time i read a tarver interview, "does this man have any fans?"
U.S. Champ

If somebody don't knock out Tarver soon I'm gone start training my damnself to whoop his azz
oozemcbuck
“It hurts me in my heart that Hopkins is living off that one victory today - because he doesnt own a light-heavyweight championship."
- words from the "IBO" Lightheavyweight "champion" of the world. doesn't hopkins have THE RING LHW belt ??? wasn't hopkins already "old" when they fought??? what a fuckin clown.... it's a shame cuz SHOWTIME introduces him as "champ".... what the hell is the IBO anyway ??? i think roy jones had the IBO belt, the only difference was that he had all the other ones too... funny..
CreDog
Tarver is a funny guy.. and his comment was absurd. I will say this, something was really off kilter when he fought B-Hop and I'm assumming it was the dramatic weight drop. The irony is that he couldn't say ANYTHING because that was Roy's excuse and he found out first hand that dramatic weight loss does effect performance.

Quite Frankly and he almost did, B-Hop should have KO'd Tarver that night.

buford54
Another thing to remember, is that Tarver is pushing 40 himself.
What a joke! Tarver was so primed to have so many fans when he beat Roy...because so many people hated Roy. But he is even more hateable than Roy.
The worst part, he's not the kind of hateable where you want to watch his fights to see him lose (like Floyd and Roy)...he's the kind of hateable where you want to not watch his fights to make him lose money.
BrutalBodyShots
I really hope Woods beats Tarver. I can't stand the guy.

PR316
This is why I can't stand Tarver. Sure he deserves credit for the Jones fights(Only the 2nd one I really give him props for ). But the guy swears he's some kind of legend in this sport or something. He's a fucking one hit wonder who made his name off of Roy Jones and did NOTHING after that. He blatantly ducks Chad Dawson, says he doesn't need to give Hopkins a rematch because he's a "dirty fighter, and not a fan favorite", and makes like he's still THE MAN around the weights of 168-175 pounds, despite the fact that he hasn't won a meaningful fight in how long???.... I can't even remember.

I hope Woods beats the hell out of him and gets him out of boxing once and for all.
oozemcbuck
tarver = vanilla ice of boxing.
BigG
I don't really mind Tarver but this is just ridiculous.
WindyCityP
Why are any of you guys surprised at what Tarver says anymore?

Milk Dud KO7 Woods
Warlord
QUOTE(WindyCityP @ Apr 5 2008, 03:41 AM) [snapback]385079[/snapback]
Why are any of you guys surprised at what Tarver says anymore?

Milk Dud KO7 Woods

I doubt Milk Dud can get the KO. I expect the winner of this fight to win via "ugly as hell" MD or SD.
Method
Antonio is a crackhead for making the comments he does about Hopkins, but I hope he starches Woods, who's been doing WAY TOO MUCH talking before this fight for his lack of professional accomplishment.
U.S. Champ
QUOTE(CreDog @ Apr 4 2008, 10:40 AM) [snapback]385004[/snapback]
Tarver is a funny guy.. and his comment was absurd. I will say this, something was really off kilter when he fought B-Hop and I'm assumming it was the dramatic weight drop. The irony is that he couldn't say ANYTHING because that was Roy's excuse and he found out first hand that dramatic weight loss does effect performance.

Quite Frankly and he almost did, B-Hop should have KO'd Tarver that night.

Exactly what I was thinking Weight matters
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.