Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chuck Liddell irked by Kimbo's popularity..
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Mino
QUOTE(hardhead @ Apr 5 2008, 04:10 AM) [snapback]385076[/snapback]

Chuck needs to worry bout his own shit and stop hating.....
Warlord
Chuck can suck a fat dick. Kimbo is a joke, no doubt, but Chuck and all his delusional fans can suck a fat dick full of cum. Quinton knocking his ass out in front all the drunk rednecks who worship his ass was a priceless moment in world history.
CreDog
QUOTE(Warlord @ Apr 5 2008, 03:45 AM) [snapback]385083[/snapback]
Chuck can suck a fat dick. Kimbo is a joke, no doubt, but Chuck and all his delusional fans can suck a fat dick full of cum. Quinton knocking his ass out in front all the drunk rednecks who worship his ass was a priceless moment in world history.

Tell me how you really feel....
ElectricTwinkie
"F*** we can make a highlight reel tomorrow and go round beating people up and talking about it. We could just go up to people and start dropping them. Wow!

Thats some funny shit right there. He could start with that clip of him knocking down that radio DJ when Chuck hit him in the arm.

Chuck has drunk redneck fans? I thought his fanbase was a bunch of yuppie/preppy hard-ass wannabes wearing Tapout and Affliction gear like it was Abercrombie and Fitch.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(ElectricTwinkie @ Apr 7 2008, 02:01 PM) [snapback]385333[/snapback]
Chuck has drunk redneck fans? I thought his fanbase was a bunch of yuppie/preppy hard-ass wannabes wearing Tapout and Affliction gear like it was Abercrombie and Fitch.

his fan-base spans the douchebag spectrum.
Douchebag
Looks like Chucks been sippin Haterade.
Mean Mister Mustard
[left][/left]
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Apr 8 2008, 07:30 AM) [snapback]385410[/snapback]
Looks like Chucks been sippin Haterade.

LOL Haterade. That's good.

By the way, James Thompson, Kimbo's next opponent, he wouldn't happen to be the guy Vargas spit on a couple years back would he?
mexboxing
I dont even see why Chuck would be hating to be honest. Chuck is the most famous UFC fighter, and Kimbo isn't even UFC he's with EliteXC, so Chuck, if he is hating he needs to STFU, and fight Rampage again taunt.gif
Don Flamenco
pot calling the kettle black
ElectricTwinkie
QUOTE(Don Flamenco @ Apr 9 2008, 03:35 PM) [snapback]385547[/snapback]
pot calling the kettle black

why because chuck got his start by beating up people with no talent, putting it on the internet and someone taking advantage of his "hoodness" by putting him on la televisio? Oh wait, I'm thinking of someone else...
streetlion1
Liddell is just a has-been hater..bottem line. I would like to see him fight Kimbo so he can get his sorry ass smashed again!
AussieLad
Yeah, chuck sure is a hater.

And you true MMA fans are here sticking up for kimbo and his mighty list of accomplishments.... focus.gif

Warlord
QUOTE(AussieLad @ May 15 2008, 04:52 AM) [snapback]389499[/snapback]
Yeah, chuck sure is a hater.

And you true MMA fans are here sticking up for kimbo and his mighty list of accomplishments.... focus.gif

I've hated on Kimbo Slice here more than anybody. But Chuck Liddell needs to STFU. Anyone who is bringing attention to MMA is a good thing. Even if it is an overblown hype-job like Kimbo Slice.

And it's not like Chuck Liddell himself isn't a hype-job. He built his career on knocking out grapplers and wrestlers, and motherfuckers act like he's P4P. A win over a well-past-his-prime Wanderlei Silva isn't nearly enough of an accomplishment for the UFC and their jizz-loving crowd to suck Chuck's balls the way they do.
AussieLad
And beating couture twice, ortiz twice back when he was a much more credible force, renato sobral, overeem, guy mezger, randleman, monson, vitor belfort and jeremy horn isnt enough to get some respect?

Thats the thing about MMA, not everyone is a striker, otherwise it would be boxing or kickboxing.
Warlord
QUOTE(AussieLad @ May 16 2008, 01:19 AM) [snapback]389693[/snapback]
And beating couture twice, ortiz twice back when he was a much more credible force, renato sobral, overeem, guy mezger, randleman, monson, vitor belfort and jeremy horn isnt enough to get some respect?

Thats the thing about MMA, not everyone is a striker, otherwise it would be boxing or kickboxing.

Cotoure, Ortiz, Babalu, Randleman, Monson, and Horn are all grapplers who tried to stand with Chuck. Which goes back to my point entirely. Fucking grapplers. And don't give me shit about Vitor Belfort, he hasn't been a force in years. A prime Vitor rapes Chuck Lidell.

As for Mezger... did you see that fucking fight? Chuck was losing every minute of every round, hitting the deck/or nearly hitting the deck on multiple occassions, and on the receiving end of a thorough beatdown until he FINALLY caught Guy with a lucky punch late in the 2nd. Sorry bud, I don't use lucky-punch victories when tallying a fighter's place in the fight game.
AussieLad
Vitor had some fast powerful hands for sure, but he's lost to almost every decent guy he's fought. Couture, overeem x 2, lidell, ortiz, henderson, sakruba... he's like the zab judah of MMA, losing pretty much every big fight he's been in, with an occasional good win... i suppose you rate the win over tank abbott? LOL

For arguments sake, lets hear the list of guys you do rate?

And sorry bud, i dont care if a guy was winning only to get stopped in the 2nd round, mezger lost.
Warlord
QUOTE(AussieLad @ May 17 2008, 02:41 AM) [snapback]389861[/snapback]
Vitor had some fast powerful hands for sure, but he's lost to almost every decent guy he's fought. Couture, overeem x 2, lidell, ortiz, henderson, sakruba... he's like the zab judah of MMA, losing pretty much every big fight he's been in, with an occasional good win... i suppose you rate the win over tank abbott? LOL

For arguments sake, lets hear the list of guys you do rate?

And sorry bud, i dont care if a guy was winning only to get stopped in the 2nd round, mezger lost.

Vitor beat Wanderlei Silva when they were both on the better sides of their respective careers. I wouldn't dismiss that out of hand, at least not as much as I'd dismiss Chuck's win over a shot Wanderlei.

As for the Liddell/Mezger comparison... Mezger is shit too, and I wasn't trying to argue it any differently. I was just using Liddell's lucky-punch win over Mezger as another example of how over-rated Chuck has become.

You want my list of guys I rate? Now? Currently? Or all-time?

Now my top 10 is...

1.) Fedor Emelianenko
2.) Anderson Silva
3.) Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
4.) Georges St. Pierre
5.) BJ Penn
6.) Quinton Jackson
7.) Randy Couture
8.) Lyoto Machida
9.) Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
10.) Paulo Filho

All-time

1.) Fedor Emelianenko
2.) Rickson Gracie
3.) Wanderlei Silva
4.) Kazushi Sakuraba
5.) Royce Gracie
6.) Randy Cotoure
7.) Antonio Rorigo Nogueira
8.) Bas Rutten
9.) Shogun Rua
10.) Dan Henderson
AussieLad
GSP? Surely not, he was beaten by Hughes and Serra, a couple of fucking grapplers LOL

Fedor? Are you serious, Mark Hunt was handing him his ass before he got lucky

Couture, but chuck stopped him twice? LOL.... i know i know, chuck landed lucky punches... and eye gouged poor randy... what a meanie

Anderson Silva couldnt even beat that fucking grappler Yushin Okami... that makes him complete shit

Theres some bullshit logic your probably familiar with drag.gif
Warlord
QUOTE(AussieLad @ May 17 2008, 06:19 AM) [snapback]389899[/snapback]
GSP? Surely not, he was beaten by Hughes and Serra, a couple of fucking grapplers LOL

Fedor? Are you serious, Mark Hunt was handing him his ass before he got lucky

Couture, but chuck stopped him twice? LOL.... i know i know, chuck landed lucky punches... and eye gouged poor randy... what a meanie

Anderson Silva couldnt even beat that fucking grappler Yushin Okami... that makes him complete shit

Theres some bullshit logic your probably familiar with drag.gif

The method you are now employing to try and swing this debate in your favor is flawed. Discrediting multiple fighters versus discrediting one fighter is a completely different thing. Stay on topic. The debate is about Chuck Liddell. I haven't referred to any other fighters being over-rated, nor have I ever thrown the term "lucky punch" out on a consistant basis. I used it in reference to ONE FIGHT, with ONE OPPONENT.

Oh. I forgot though. This is the fight game, and we've all gotta play goddamn semantics. Rather than call a lucky punch a lucky punch, we've gotta suck balls and say "Oh, every fighter shows up to fight and anything can happen." Fuck that shit. Hasim Rahman got lucky when he knocked Lennox Lewis out. Chuck Liddell got lucky when he knocked Guy fucking Mezger out. It's not a big deal, the shit happens all the time, let's just not use lucky-punch victories when making an argument that some cat is a world beater. Is that really so hard to understand?

And for the record, I never said Chuck Lidell "sucked ass," and I never said he was a poor fighter. I simply said he was a UFC hype-job who gets more credit than he deserves from UFC nuthuggers who don't know shit about MMA. And that's the truth. But at least, as a result of this little debate, I can see which side of the fence some of you cats are on.
AussieLad
Horse shit. You discredited a long list of good fighters because they were grapplers, clearly forgetting that mixed martial arts is not just a striking match. How many strikers did those "grapplers" overcome on the road before and after hitting the chuck lidell road block? Chuck lidell being able to use striking to beat them depended on more than an ability to throw punches, it also consisted of an ability to defend take downs and get back up from takedowns, the latter of which few other fighters can match chucks ability at

You call him a hype job, even though he owns 2 wins over a current p4p and the number 6 all time p4p'er on your very own lists

You only used the lucky punch argument once eh? So that means i cant respond to it? Too bad chump, your the one who raised it.

The fact is, that anyone else with that resume would be a hall of famer. But because its chuck, a guy whom you seem to have a personal dislike for, you dump an excessive amount of shit on his accomplishments. The UFC can promote a guy heavily, but it cant forcibly manufacture a fan base. Your irrationally biased towards him, and thats cool so long as you can call a spade a spade and admit. But you cant, so you sit on the hater side of the fence with all the other numbskulls. Enjoy the company
Warlord
QUOTE(AussieLad @ May 17 2008, 09:38 PM) [snapback]389997[/snapback]
Horse shit. You discredited a long list of good fighters because they were grapplers, clearly forgetting that mixed martial arts is not just a striking match. How many strikers did those "grapplers" overcome on the road before and after hitting the chuck lidell road block? Chuck lidell being able to use striking to beat them depended on more than an ability to throw punches, it also consisted of an ability to defend take downs and get back up from takedowns, the latter of which few other fighters can match chucks ability at

You call him a hype job, even though he owns 2 wins over a current p4p and the number 6 all time p4p'er on your very own lists

You only used the lucky punch argument once eh? So that means i cant respond to it? Too bad chump, your the one who raised it.

The fact is, that anyone else with that resume would be a hall of famer. But because its chuck, a guy whom you seem to have a personal dislike for, you dump an excessive amount of shit on his accomplishments. The UFC can promote a guy heavily, but it cant forcibly manufacture a fan base. Your irrationally biased towards him, and thats cool so long as you can call a spade a spade and admit. But you cant, so you sit on the hater side of the fence with all the other numbskulls. Enjoy the company

I don't know where you get off tossing out personal insults, but you can put it up your ass to compliment that cum you've been taking on the side. I NEVER discredited any fighters because they were "grapplers" dumbshit, I discredited Chuck Liddell's KNOCKOUT wins over GRAPPLERS. People act like KO'ing a fucking GRAPPLER (Randy Couture) in a STAND-UP war is some kind of fucking accomplishment. Is KO'ing Jeremy Horn, Babalu, Vernon White, and Tito Ortiz REALLY so goddamn impressive that you've gotta chuck some cum from Liddell like you're his personal cum dumpster?

Chuck Liddell has ZERO ground game, and ZERO stand-up skills. He's got ungodly power in his hands which are useful only when fighting grapplers who can't take him down and beat him on the ground. Chuck gets OWNED every time he fights a skilled (Rampage) or semi-skilled (Keith Jardine) striker, and occassionally drops matches to fighters with NO stand-up game (Randy Couture, Jeremy Horn.)

He struggled, and narrowly defeated, a shot-to-hell Wanderlei Silva who was throwing nothing but bolo shots that put even Chuck's looping-ass punches to shame. Sorry, tough guy, that don't come close to cutting it for me.

Chuck is a top-10 all-time UFC fighter, but he is neither a current top-10 fighter, nor is he a top-10 all-time MMA fighter. If he is, give me your fucking list, now or ever, and tell me who you put him in front of.

You're stuck on the UFC jizz, son. I may be a "hater," but I'd rather be a hater than a blind ass nuthugging sheep who only eats the curd spewed down my throat from an overhyped product of the system.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.