Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Joan Guzman - Muckles Reilly World Lightweight Championship REMATCH Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
CyruS
Sunday April 13, 2008 marks a rematch in the lightweight division for the lightweight championship with the best fighter in the world.

The #1 Pound For Pound Fighter In The World, 2 Division World Champion and Reigning and Defending 4-Time Lightweight Champion Of The Fucking World, Joan Guzman (32-5-3 11KOs) takes on Muckles Reilly (20-2-1 5KOs) after Reilly took Guzman to a draw.

Will arguably "The Greatest Lightweight Of All Time" Joan Guzman take down his latest challenger to his throne? Or will Reilly find something to dethrone the king?

Joan Guzman Career Highlights :

W UD 12 Osvaldo Batista - For the Jr. Bantamweight Title
D 12, D 12, W UD 12, W UD 12, W UD 12 Cash On Demand - turns draws over into dominate wins.
W TKO 7, W KO 12, W KO 10 Pavel "The Spy" Molotov - solid win over the former world champion
W TKO 6 Freddy "The Finisher" McPheerson - solid win over the former world champion
W KO 11,L UD 12, L UD 12, W KO 12 Jesse Jane - won lightweight title in fight one. turns over losses into another knockout win to win the lightweight title for the 2nd time over the 3 division world champion.
L KO 4, W UD 12 Ricardo Reyes - turns over careless loss into a dominating win to win back the lightweight title for the 3rd time.
W TKO 9 Tera Patrick - destroys 3 division World Champion Tera Patrick in lightweight super fight.
W UD 12, W SD 12 Carlos "El Indio" Quintana - Defeated the #1 contender, Undefeated Quintana.
L UD 12, W UD 12, W UD 12 Ray De Los Santos - loses title in fight 1. Regains title and delivers the first loss to the undefeated Santos in fight 2. Completes the trilogy with a UD victory in fight 3.
W UD 12 JoJo - delivers the first loss to the undefeated 21-0 #1 Contender.

---------

Muckles Reilly Career Highlights :

W KO 12 The Punisher - In a battle of undefeated prospects
W UD 12, W UD 12 Carlos "El Apostle" Maussa - solid wins over the former world champion and HOFer.
W UD 12 Freddy "The Finisher" McPheerson - solid win over the former world champion
D 12 Joan Guzman - draws with the #1 p4p fighter.

--------

PLACE YOUR BETS!
BigJuicyHog
Quintana is next after beating Tera Patrick and Ray De Los Santos.
Maxy
Guzman was able to switch it up to another level in fights 2 and 3 with De los Santos so I'm not convinced Reilly has much of a chance in this one. Reilly is one of those fighters who is good at what he does but hasn't got the tools to variate his style much.

That'll be his downfall.
CyruS
Everytime Maxy goes against his own fighter in a big fight he wins.....

laugh.gif
ghost13
I'll go with Guzman. Patrick beat Reilly. And she wasn't in her prime when she did it. I think Guzman stops him late
CyruS
Guzman and Reilly fought to another draw. Guzman has given Reilly another rematch to determine a winner.
Maxy
Reilly has given his best in the previous two fights but still been unable to upset Guzman. He's my fighter but I can't pick him to win unless I write a new fight plan and I haven't done that since November last year!

laugh.gif
Maxy
Reilly wins a deserved decision in yet another close fight. He immediately signed for another bout with Guzman declaring, "He's a great great fighter and he never ducked out of giving me another shot so I had to give him the honour of a rematch in my first defense."
BigJuicyHog
What the fuck...you guys have the championship frozen for like the past 5 weeks. There should be an interim title fight.
Blayde
Yeah, that seems to be the new style of Maxys fighter. A draw or at least a close fight biggrin.gif
Maxy
Palomino and Simms are even worse than Guzman and Reilly for having close fights. What is it now? 4 draws in 4 fights?

laugh.gif

BJH, Reilly had to grant Guzman a rematch because Guzman granted him 2 in a row after their draws. Who knows, if Guzman wins this week they might have to fight each other again!

laugh.gif
CyruS
If it takes 6 months straight to figure out who is the better fighter between the 2, then that is how long it will take.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Maxy
Reilly loses a split decision but he was fuming afterwards claiming that he was robbed.
CyruS
What do we do with the lightweight title since I am moving? Postpone Guzman's defense? Or strip him of the title and let Reilly and Quintana duke it out?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.