Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cassamyor's next opponent??
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
hardhead
Thoughts?? On second thought I probably should've said "who would you most like to see"

This was my first poll so cut me some slack fellas... thumbsup_anim.gif
kidbazooka1
I say Juan Diaz I think he'll rebound and take the title from Joel but it won't be easy.
BigG
The Campbell rematch...
hardhead
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Apr 8 2008, 05:09 AM) [snapback]385394[/snapback]
I say Juan Diaz I think he'll rebound and take the title from Joel but it won't be easy.

I picked Campbell not only would the fight be a good in the ring but there would be genuine bad blood at press conferences which would be highly entertaining for the buildup, not some fake Judah/Mayweather beef shit but real dudes who get annoyed with one another and want to fuck each other up as each week goes on..

However I agree with you that Diaz takes Cassamyor at this this point even with the loss. By no means will it be easy for either guy, I'm sure it would be a close decision as Cassamyor's fights are usually like that. Although I think Diaz needs to box a little more and as the fight goes on press and press Cassamyor more and more, Cassamyor's legs aren't what they used to be and he getting hit more often, I think Diaz might be able to exploit that a little better then Katsidis. In his prime Cassamyor would've schooled Katsidis. It's kind of expected that's he's declined somewhat since he's 36 years old...

I also think Cassamyor KO's Pacqiuo pretty impressively even this version of Cassamyor, "'m just not very confident in Pacqiuo at 135..

I read in article with GBP and they said that they're looking to hammer out a deal for Diaz/Cassamyor in a couple weeks and it will be scheduled for July 26th, they also said they were looking at Barrera for the 15th of sept....I know it's a money fight and all but that's... thumbsdown_anim.gif thumbsdown_anim.gif I hope we don't have to watch that fight...
ghost13
QUOTE(hardhead @ Apr 8 2008, 12:48 AM) [snapback]385404[/snapback]
I picked Campbell not only would the fight be a good in the ring but there would be genuine bad blood at press conferences which would be highly entertaining for the buildup, not some fake Judah/Mayweather beef shit but real dudes who get annoyed with one another and want to fuck each other up as each week goes on..

However I agree with you that Diaz takes Cassamyor at this this point even with the loss. By no means will it be easy for either guy, I'm sure it would be a sloce decision as Cassamyor's fights are usually like that. Although I think Diaz needs to box a little more and as the fight goes press and press Cassamyor more and more, Cassamyor's legs aren't what they used to be and he getting hit more often, I think Diaz might be able to exploit that a little better then Katsidis. In his prime Cassamyor would've school Katsidis. It's expected that's he's declined somewhat he's 36 years old though...

I also think Cassamyor KO's Pacqiuo pretty impressively even this version of Cassamyor, 'm just not very confident in Pacqiuo at 135..

I read in article with GBP and they said that they're looking to hammer out a deal for Diaz/Cassamyor in a couple weeks and it will be scheduled for July 26th, they also said they were looking at Barrera for the 15th of sept....I know it's a money fight and all but that's... thumbsdown_anim.gif thumbsdown_anim.gif I hope we don't have to watch that fight...

I would take Casamayor over Pac as well
Imperius3
Unification with Campbell, and then Pacquiao! I'd favor Casamayor over both.
The CEO
Campbell...if not him....Katsidis.
Boxingjunkie
Campbell definitly. Then the winner gets Diaz.
thefloatingmonkey
I am thinking at this point Cassamyor doesn't wanna fight Katsidis again. It would be an awesome rematch though.

I would love to see him fight Diaz.
Imperius3
Casamayor-Diaz doesn't interest me much since Campbell already exposed him. Not much point in that fight.

Casamayor already beat Katsidis convincingly. And at his age he needs to collect new scalps now.

Campbell is the best route to go. It's been a long time since they last fought, and new factors have emerged. Both fighters are more experienced, and they have titles that they can unify. The winner then fights the winner of Diaz-Pacquiao.
Imperius3
Casamayor-Katsidis was definitely not one-sided, but I thought Casamayor was rightfully ahead on points before he stopped Katsidis. IMO, the same result would happen again. Especially if Katsidis' defense doesn't improve.

With Casamayor-Diaz, what is really on the line? Diaz doesn't have any belts, Casamayor does. A win for either fighter would be a good notch in their belts, but I just don't see the point of fighting another fighter's scraps. If Casamayor wins, regardless of how he beats him, what would this prove? A good win over a good fighter yes, but what else? How does this help the division? Let's see a fresh fight with two hungry fighters coming off wins with a chance to unify titles. I would rather see Casamayor-Diaz later on if Casamayor has unified the titles, and Diaz wants to reclaim them.

I'm not saying these fights aren't interesting. I am just more interested in other fights.
Imperius3
Rounds 5, 7, and 8 were close, so I can see how someone could have Katsidis up. Katsidis was eating a lot of clean punches though, and I don't see a different outcome until he improves his defense.
hardhead
I had Cassamyor up by 1 point going into the 10th. I also don't see how a fight with Diaz is more money then a fight with Campbell, both would be on HBO but Campbell has a title and it seems from different boards there's more interest in Campbell/Cassamyor II before Cassamyor/Diaz. Is there more money in a Diaz fight?? I'm not an expert on the behind the scenes stuff but I don't see it. Just some of the same old promoter bullshit(GBP) if you ask me and the fans are missing out at matching up two of the top fighters in the division.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying a Diaz/Cassamyor fight won't be a good fight, it very well could be but to me it's not as interesting a matchup with Diaz just coming off a loss from Campbell, and with Campbell on the other side willing to fight Cassamayor right now.
Eaner0919
QUOTE(hardhead @ Apr 9 2008, 07:20 PM) [snapback]385581[/snapback]
I had Cassamyor up by 1 point going into the 10th. I also don't see how a fight with Diaz is more money then a fight with Campbell, both would be on HBO but Campbell has a title and it seems from different boards there's more interest in Campbell/Cassamyor II before Cassamyor/Diaz. Is there more money in a Diaz fight?? I'm not an expert on the behind the scenes stuff but I don't see it. Just some of the same old promoter bullshit(GBP) if you ask me and the fans are missing out at matching up two of the top fighters in the division.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying a Diaz/Cassamyor fight won't be a good fight, it very well could be but to me it's not as interesting a matchup with Diaz just coming off a loss from Campbell, and with Campbell on the other side willing to fight Cassamayor right now.

there is more money in a Casa/Diaz fight simply because GGP does not have to share promoter rights with anyone else (like DKP who is Nates co-promoter), Diaz is a bigger name, it will be in Houston where Diaz is a huge draw, and HBO love themselves some Juan Diaz so it, Im guessing, would be willing to fork over more money for this fight than say a Casa/Nate fight which is essentially two guys who haven't fought on their network as a main event in some time.

what HBO should have done IMO is go ahead and still make Casa/Diaz as the fight itself, minus the promoter and political bullshit, is a fine matchup. However, to ignore the job Nate did on Diaz is wrong of HBO and allowing GGP to make excuses like they cant deal with Nate's co-promoter, Terry Trekas is Nates other promoter, Don King is silly because they have done business before with no hitches. So with that they could have made a Nate vs JA Santa Cruz fight as the support bout for this with the caveat that the winners will fight each for the right to call themselves the true lightweight champion.

seems simple doesn't it? unless you are GGP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.