Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whom should Nate Campbell fight next?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
There are some great potential matchups in this division. In a dream world, I'd love to see the Campbell-Casamayor winner defend against the winner of Katsidis-Juan Diaz. Amir Khan could fight the Pac-David Diaz winner.

I'd call it this way:

Campbell UD
Juan Diaz KO 11
Pac KO 8
hardhead
HAHA, I just made the same exact poll a few threads below just instead of campbell I had Cassamayor. I actually thought it was the same for a second and got confused...

I'd like to see campbell face Cassamyor next, he's the top contender and there would be some real bad blood in that matchup for sure, it would definitely be entertaining. I think it would be an excellent matchup with two guys who are skillful but often times like to stand and fight and mix it up...
Eaner0919
I doubt we see Nate get a shot at Casamayor anytime soon. In fact, when approached about Casa fighting Nate Richard Schaefer wouldn't even discuss it citing Nate's promoter (DKP) as being difficult to deal with. Funny how they can make a fight between Oscar and Mayorga easily yet a fight between GBP's champ Casa and the guy with all the belts, Nate, seems impossible to do.

Casa will fight Diaz next you could read it in the way it all went down from the moment Diaz was signed to GBP.

Nate has said he will take on his mandatory, which is now Amir Khan, if Casa decided not to make the fight.
Maxy
I don't think Amir Khan is ready for someone like Campbell yet. Although he has steadily progressed as a fighter since turning pro he hasn't beaten anyone yet and I'm amazed that he's the mandatory.

Don Flamenco
QUOTE(Eaner0919 @ Apr 9 2008, 10:57 AM) [snapback]385510[/snapback]
I doubt we see Nate get a shot at Casamayor anytime soon. In fact, when approached about Casa fighting Nate Richard Schaefer wouldn't even discuss it citing Nate's promoter (DKP) as being difficult to deal with. Funny how they can make a fight between Oscar and Mayorga easily yet a fight between GBP's champ Casa and the guy with all the belts, Nate, seems impossible to do.

Casa will fight Diaz next you could read it in the way it all went down from the moment Diaz was signed to GBP.

Nate has said he will take on his mandatory, which is now Amir Khan, if Casa decided not to make the fight.

How the hell is Casa supposed to be fighting Diaz who just lost to Campbell. All this from the supposed savior of boxing.

oozemcbuck
casamayor is the most rational. if not, then a rematch with juan. and if nothing else, give the young khan a shot towards the end of the year, after khan has at least 2 more fights... after campbell gets through two of those fights, then pacman, after pac handles his biz with marquez...
mexboxing
Worst case scenario, if Campbell cant get a good fight, Santa Cruz would be a good test for him. If he beats him convincingly, then I think a match with Casamayor would be inevitable.
oozemcbuck
QUOTE(mexboxing @ Apr 9 2008, 02:55 PM) [snapback]385542[/snapback]
Worst case scenario, if Campbell cant get a good fight, Santa Cruz would be a good test for him. If he beats him convincingly, then I think a match with Casamayor would be inevitable.

it's funny not one person mentioned santa cruz. that's too bad for him. he should be fighting with the top guys too.
Eaner0919
QUOTE(Don Flamenco @ Apr 9 2008, 11:44 AM) [snapback]385519[/snapback]
How the hell is Casa supposed to be fighting Diaz who just lost to Campbell. All this from the supposed savior of boxing.

Yep

in fact you might as well call that card GGP's Lightweight Championship Series if they put the proposed Katsidis vs Jesus Chavez fight on it. Heck GGP can keep that Ring belt for at least another year if they

let the winners of Casa vs Diaz and Katsidis vs Chavez fight early next year. Then if JA Santa Cruz keeps doing well then he can fight the winner THEN if the timing is right they can have JMM get into the mix as well

GGP can keep a hole of that Ring belt for a long time if it plays out right

and nah they aren't using the mag to influence the game.... thumbsdown_anim.gif
CreDog
QUOTE(Eaner0919 @ Apr 9 2008, 04:06 PM) [snapback]385561[/snapback]
Yep

in fact you might as well call that card GGP's Lightweight Championship Series if they put the proposed Katsidis vs Jesus Chavez fight on it. Heck GGP can keep that Ring belt for at least another year if they

let the winners of Casa vs Diaz and Katsidis vs Chavez fight early next year. Then if JA Santa Cruz keeps doing well then he can fight the winner THEN if the timing is right they can have JMM get into the mix as well

GGP can keep a hole of that Ring belt for a long time if it plays out right

and nah they aren't using the mag to influence the game.... thumbsdown_anim.gif

I guarantee there won't be a seperation of church and state, why else would they buy that rag...
hardhead
QUOTE(Eaner0919 @ Apr 9 2008, 02:57 PM) [snapback]385510[/snapback]

Yea, that's a BS excuse(using the King excuse). Shame on GBP and Schaffer if they don't unify and match Cassamyor and Campbell together in the next couple fights.
Col Reb
Hey hardhead,

A agree with you that they need to unify. And with their stock of fighters at 135, someone is bound to knock off Campbell and then they have control of most of the belts.

By the way, how long have you lived in NOLA? I lived there for most of my life. We probably know some of the same people (you know how that town is).
hardhead
QUOTE(Col Reb @ Apr 10 2008, 11:34 PM) [snapback]385670[/snapback]
Hey hardhead,

A agree with you that they need to unify. And with their stock of fighters at 135, someone is bound to knock off Campbell and then they have control of most of the belts.

By the way, how long have you lived in NOLA? I lived there for most of my life. We probably know some of the same people (you know how that town is).

Born in N.O and raised in the area(Dowtown,N.O. East, Chalmette, Violet, Arabi). I was living in Arabi for the past 6 years or so before the hurricane. Now I'm in Lafayette since the storm..
Mean Mister Mustard
Campbell may lose his next fight, you never know with him, so I think he should play it safe and fight stiffs.
Col Reb
Hey hardhead,

Do you know New Orleans cruiserweight boxer Mike Ricca? He's one of my friends that I used to work with, but I haven't been able to reach him since Katrina.

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human...7&cat=boxer

hardhead
QUOTE(Col Reb @ Apr 12 2008, 03:59 PM) [snapback]385804[/snapback]
Hey hardhead,

Do you know New Orleans cruiserweight boxer Mike Ricca? He's one of my friends that I used to work with, but I haven't been able to reach him since Katrina.

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human...7&cat=boxer

No, I don't know Mike Ricca personally, but I've heard of him, don't know where he could be though....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.