Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dawson-Johnson/Woods-Tarver (All Comments Here)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
For all comments about Dawson-Johnson and Woods Tarver.

Jack

Administrator
Spreadking3rd
Dawson wins the first with accurate shots and more of them
salvador
Dawson looks great. I fully expect Johnson to make this a war, but Dawson just has too much speed, accuracy, and confidence. I love both of these guys.
Don Flamenco
wow

Johnson looks to be taking control of this fight
Spreadking3rd
Dawson fighting inside, which makes it a fun fight.

I have it 2-1 for Dawson....2nd for Dawson, but close, 3rd for Johnson

Dawson getting hurt more by punches.
Spreadking3rd
another close on

3 to 1 for Dawson I have it
Don Flamenco
i got it 3-2 dawson but glen is landing the harder punches. At times it looks like dawson dont want any part of this fight
Spreadking3rd
round 5 to Johnson

3 to 2 for Dawson
Don Flamenco
scored the 6th for dawson.

Round 7 Dawson controls the early minutes with good boxing from the outside and landing a huge right hook. Johnson's punch output appears to be slowing down... Johnson tries to flury during the last moments but it isn't enough. Round 7 to dawson

5-2 Dawson
Don Flamenco
Dawson continues to box from the outside circling to his right. Chad Dawson now landing his occasional combinations. Dawson's movement appears to be bothering Johnson and is having a difficult time cutting off the ring.

I got it 6-2 Dawson
Spreadking3rd
6 to 2 for Dawson here as well
Don Flamenco
That 8th round was hard to score. Dawson wasn't trying to move ith his legs as much as in the previous couple of rounds. I'll give it to johnson
stateofthegame
never count out the old man
Don Flamenco
WOW

Dawson walking a thin line staying in there fighting like that... would've though he learned his lesson from getting mollywhoped by a shot in the third. Dawson in queer street but amazingly stays up during the tenth by a huge shot from johnson.

Glen takes the tenth
Spreadking3rd
6 to 4 for Dawson

i'm not going 10-8 that round
but Johnson rocked him
Don Flamenco
omg i love boxing... forget ya'll im watching the fight
stateofthegame
this is the best Johnson fight I have ever seen.
Spreadking3rd
i have it 6 to 5 Dawson going into the last
Dawson has no legs left, he's just staying inside

If a judge went 10-8 in round 10.....i could see a 114-113 win for Johnson if he finishes strong.

Dawson has a lot to lose this round...he better show up
stateofthegame
I did not score it but mad respect to both of these guys for coming to fight
pacco_diablo
I got Johnson winning. Not even that close really
Spreadking3rd
I have it a draw, but Johnson finishes so strong...the old man had more in the tank.

Johnson deserves this more, than he did the first Tarver fight when he got the decision.
gods son
lmao @ the crowd!!

i had chad winning by two rounds..
pacco_diablo
Bullshit!
Don Flamenco
wow 116-112 in all 3 judges cards
HaydelHammer
good decision. bye johnson. lol
Spreadking3rd
116-112 X 3

chad dawson
The CEO
You had to know they'd give a close one to the new blood....sucks if Johnson deserved a draw or more...
treyes7123
8-4 wtf....
Don Flamenco

I had it a draw
pacco_diablo
Johnson won that fucking fight. You dont win by running and popping shots.
salvador
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Apr 12 2008, 10:03 PM) [snapback]385879[/snapback]
this is the best Johnson fight I have ever seen.

Johnson's ko of RJJ was his highpoint - chin out, wide, hard punches from the opening bell to the ko.
Don Flamenco
Only thing he could do since the time he decides to plant his feet and fight the old man lands the harder cleaner punches
Spreadking3rd
glen johnson said boxing should be abolished...lol

florida has always had the worst officials, even imported judges
Method
I played around with the combos you're looking at too, but picking 4 favorites really doesn't pay out much. It's like +150 or something alittle better, but for a payout that small, which is dependent on 4 outcomes, for that you shoulod just pick omne fight and put all your eggs on it with the clear favorite (i.e. a Margarito or a Cotto). It's just the laws pof probability, and the reasons parlay payouts increase the more events that are tied to them, is because the less liklihood all will come out (not that you need to be told something you already know).

I hear you on the Dawson thing. My thing is this, I really do expect both Margarito and Cotto to win, agreed? Almost so forgone that let's just assume they win and concede the "w"'s, in which case those two components of a 4 component parlay, for this discussion, do not exist. Now it comes down to Tarver/Woods and Johnson/Dawson. Tarver/Woods kinda worries me a bit, as it does you, because if Tarver shits the bed, then he could drop a decision to Woods and it ruins the fucking parlay if Johnson does upset Dawson, which is the real thing I want to capture alpha on.

So What I did is lay TWO 4-fight parlays...

The first was $100 on Margarito, Cotto, Tarver and Johnson to win, which pays ~$900.

The second was just $50 on Margarito, Cotto, Woods and Johnson to win, which pays ~$450.

I only laid $50 on the second because I feel more confident about Tarver beating Woods than Woods beating Tarver, but again, having action on either out come of that fight kind of eliminates it from the equation, but the increased payout because of the event being included in the wager is still factored in.

All that said to say this - I think Glenn Johnson is a live dog here, but if you just wanted to pick Johnson straight up for the upset, betting $100 only pays you like $280. I don't really think that payout is all that attractive, but by factoring in the other bouts in a parlay, I am essentially getting odds on Glenn Johnson at +900, and only stand to lose $150 (alright, considering the other $50 wager, I am getting him at a little less than +900).

Not a lot of cash outlay for a sweet little payout that, even if Clinton Woods wins and Johnson pulls the upset, I am going to more than cover my total outlay (by ~$300).

We'll see.

So much for Johnson. Johnson had Dawson hurt a few times, early, and ESPECIALLY in the 10th. The 10th Glenn had him almost out. Chad fell forward and was literally hangning on for dear life. Man did I think the fight shoulda been a draw. I could have seen it for either guy by a point, maybe 2. Or a plit decision. But fuck, these judges had it 8-4. The crowd erupted in Boo's, not at the score, but at the victor. They went nuts.

Well, almost had $900 in the bag.

BTW, Chad Dawson ain't the furure of shit. Hes gonna get KTFO. Eats too many right hands, and IS chinny. I could see Tarver starching him. Hopkins would own him. Was not impressed w what I saw after what I have been hearing. Kid is B cal. He wanted NO part of any kind of talk of a rematch. Completely shut it out.

Enjoy the rest.
KookedKrack
damn Johnson looked liked he was about to cry from being so dam upset during his interview but wow man what a good fucking fight
dbdbdb
Hey!!! Whats Up Guys.

Damn Good fight ..... Close .... But I think Dawson had the edge with the most connects. Although Johnson was landing bombs, he just couldn't get Dawson out of there. Johnson was landing the fewest, hardest punches. Dawson was landing the most.

Good Fight!!!! thumbsup_anim.gif
The CEO
What's up, db times 3!...it's like you only come around for the good fights...you should come around more often...
dbdbdb
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 12 2008, 09:37 PM) [snapback]385909[/snapback]
What's up, db times 3!...it's like you only come around for the good fights...you should come around more often...

What's up The C.E.O.

Work & Family, Bro .. Internet time is suffering BIG Time, but the lady is happy and that's what its all about.
The CEO
You must be one hardworking family man....lol...but I hear ya...if momma ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy....
The Original MrFactor
Dawson/Johnmson should have been a draw in my opinion.... Damn great ass fight... Dawson avoided rematch questions like a BITCH at the end... If you read these boards CD, dont think we didnt notice...
Imperius3
What happened with Tarver-Woods?
JD
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Apr 13 2008, 12:41 AM) [snapback]385970[/snapback]
What happened with Tarver-Woods?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I fast forwarded through it...Tarver by wide decision.

The Original MrFactor
Funny how Tarver wanted nothing to do with Dawson 6 months ago. After tonite, he says that Dawson isnt the same guy after Johnson got to him... So Now its ok to fight Dawson?? Seems kinda like it cheapens any Tarver win over Dawson in the future, if you ask me.
JD
I want to see Dawson - Johnson II,
thefloatingmonkey
QUOTE(JD @ Apr 12 2008, 09:51 PM) [snapback]385980[/snapback]
I want to see Dawson - Johnson II,

That's what I am talking about. However, I don't think Dawson wants anymore of old man Johnson.
TarverFan
Tarver's making a big mistake. Dawson will kick the shit out of him. Styles are all wrong and Tarver lost the zip in his punches a while ago. Dawson had a tough time tonight but big deal. I can only imagine what message boards would be like back when Joe Calzaghe struggled with Robin Reid. Don;t write a guy like Dawson off so quickly.
BrutalBodyShots
Dawson struggled bit time with Johnson as many expected. I had it 114-113 Dawson - very close fight.

Styles make fights however and I'd take Dawson over Tarver EASY. Tarver doesn't bring the pressure that Johnson does and Dawson would make him look pretty foolish that that speed he has.

Tha Docta
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Apr 13 2008, 11:02 AM) [snapback]386061[/snapback]
Dawson struggled bit time with Johnson as many expected. I had it 114-113 Dawson - very close fight.

Styles make fights however and I'd take Dawson over Tarver EASY. Tarver doesn't bring the pressure that Johnson does and Dawson would make him look pretty foolish that that speed he has.

the glenn johnson from 3 or 4 yrs ago would have KO'd dawson last night. i was hoping that woods would land something solid and take tarver out, but it looks like we will all have to wait until someone else does it. i think dawson will do it if the fight is made.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Dawson-Johnson was an excellent fight. I had Johnson winning rounds 3,4,5,9,10,11, and 12. Some of those rounds were close, and could of gone either way. It was a close fight, that wasn't a robbery. As for the Tarver fight, it was pretty dull. Tarver did what he had to do, and actually looked pretty good. I'd give him a good shot at beating Dawson at this point. Who knows if they'll make the fight though.
Mean Mister Mustard
I didn't expect the Dawson-Johnson fight to be so close. Credit to Johnson for giving a young up and coming star hell. But also credit to Dawson for winning the 12th, he really needed it.

Good news for Dawson, no one else in the division puts pressure like Johnson does, so Dawson can stop worrting and go back to picking guys apart from the outside.

Tarver looked Sharp against Woods and I don't think he'll lay down against Dawson.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.