Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cintron-Margarito II/Cotto-Gomez HBO @9 PM CST
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
This thread is for all discussions of Cintron-Gomez and Cotto Margarito.

Jack

Administrator

PS. Ben's amazing round by round coverage can be found here!:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyroun...4c46734defec315
stateofthegame
Margarito looks very slow to me. Slower than usual.
stateofthegame
10-9 Tony
Don Flamenco
this fight cant possibly last the distance
gods son
marga ate some good solid shots..

Round 2 will be the Telling outome..

cintron 10
marag 9
stateofthegame
10-9 Tony

20-18 Tony
salvador
The body shots are what won the first fight for Margarito and he's landing more of the same here. Cintron's already discouraged.
HaydelHammer
it's a wrap for cintron man. wtf is wrong with this dude. LOL
gods son
what is manny telling cintron???

stateofthegame
10-9 Tony

30-27 Tony

I thought Cintron was winning the round until he went to complaining and Tony took advantage IMO
HaydelHammer
QUOTE(gods son @ Apr 12 2008, 10:35 PM) [snapback]385907[/snapback]
what is manny telling cintron???

let him wear himself out by hitting you alot....we'll get him in the later rounds.
stateofthegame
10-9 Tony

40-36 Tony

Once again I thought Cintron started well, but once Tony gets going he is taking control
stateofthegame
10-9 Tony

50-45 Tony

I agree with Merchant by the way. The punches to the back of the head are Cintron's fault.
Don Flamenco
Merry Lurchent questioning Kermit's heart.. saying he's pulling a Lolita during the Bernard fight
stateofthegame
Other fighters need to follow the blueprint. Pressure Cintron and he cannot take it.
treyes7123
Sidebet if he cries again...anyone?
HaydelHammer
all I remember is cintron begging for a rematch with margarito after beating walter.....said his mind wasn't there..etc.

dude just got smashed again. lol
Don Flamenco
The 1988 Mexican Jose Canseco mullet was too much for Cintron, IMHO
The CEO
QUOTE(treyes7123 @ Apr 12 2008, 10:47 PM) [snapback]385916[/snapback]
Sidebet if he cries again...anyone?

KO 6....ouch.

Sidebet he's finished, and no one will miss him.

laugh.gif
HaydelHammer
manny needs a tape up bad and a towel and probably some deodorant.
treyes7123
QUOTE(Don Flamenco @ Apr 12 2008, 07:52 PM) [snapback]385920[/snapback]
The 1988 Mexican Jose Canseco mullet was too much for Cintron, IMHO

Word, LOL
HaydelHammer
QUOTE(Fitz @ Apr 12 2008, 10:56 PM) [snapback]385923[/snapback]
I don't know why. But I really, really enjoyed seeing Cintron get punished. I haven't watched a whole fight with a smile like that in a while.

I kinda feel the same way. This dude was on some mad a$$ "I will kick margarito a$$ in a rematch" talk after he beat Walter.

For him to come out and get beaten to a pulp like he did....lmao. It's a wrap for him. This mentally killed him tonight.
The CEO
He deserves it.....that's why you're smiling....but you're also sadistic...I'm smiling because Steward lost AGAIN.
The CEO
speaking of sadistic...I guess I'm guilty as well...I kinda want Cotto to destroy the nice guy from that bullshit contender show...
Byrd Man
Cotto will get shocked tonight! Mark it down! Lock it up!
HaydelHammer
this isn't going to last long I feel
stateofthegame
Not scoring this one, but Cotto looks kind of scary tonight. He has a look of a lion stalking his prey to me.
FenderDG3
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Apr 12 2008, 10:08 PM) [snapback]385931[/snapback]
Cotto will get shocked tonight! Mark it down! Lock it up!

Ha! That is the funniest thing I've read on here all night!! Thanks Byrd Man.. I needed that
stateofthegame
Steward is right on this one. Cotto is on another level and it is obvious.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Apr 12 2008, 11:08 PM) [snapback]385933[/snapback]
Not scoring this one, but Cotto looks kind of scary tonight. He has a look of a lion stalking his prey to me.

dude is ON tonight..and I can only imagine how EXTREMELY confident he is after going 12 with shane.

that kinda confidence where he knows he is supposed to dominate and nothing less against a guy like gomez.

nice a$$ beating so far.
stateofthegame
This is just about over
HaydelHammer
tis dude is so on tonight. omg.

seeing everything, sitting down on everything, relaxed....man.
Byrd Man
no problem, I aim to please! biggrin.gif
The CEO
Was it that bad a beatin'?....the silence is deafening.
FenderDG3
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 12 2008, 10:34 PM) [snapback]385940[/snapback]

There's not really much to say... Gomez was totally outclassed and the ringside physician was forced to stop the fight. Cotto landed like 51% of his punches and Gomez landed like 20%.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 12 2008, 11:34 PM) [snapback]385940[/snapback]

they stopped the fight after 5 rounds. complete disaster match-up.
FenderDG3
It was pretty impressive though. Like stateofthegame said Cotto looked mean and like a lion tonight.

Sorry stateofthe game said Cotto looked scary not mean, but he did look both mean and scary.
The Original MrFactor
Tonight makes me really wish thet we just had Cotto/Margarito instead...

That would have eliminated a whole lot of BS. Cintron should have took on Gomez on the undercard...
The CEO
I saw they stopped it after 5 rounds...I like that he one upped Margarito...comparing those two beatings....which one do y'all think was more brutal and impressive?
FenderDG3
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 12 2008, 10:42 PM) [snapback]385945[/snapback]
I saw they stopped it after 5 rounds...I like that he one upped Margarito...comparing those two beatings....which one do y'all think was more brutal and impressive?

Well Cintron was a lot more competitive (if that was even possible) for a little part of the fight, so I'd have to say that the Cotto fight was more brutal. However, I liked it when Margo was mocking Cintron in the neutral corner telling him to get up so he could inflict more punishment on him.
The CEO
Ok...cool...
Method
I think Tony is gonna beat Cotto.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Method @ Apr 13 2008, 12:06 AM) [snapback]385951[/snapback]
I think Tony is gonna beat Cotto.

I'm right there witcha. Margarito by KO. Cotto/Margarito can only end by KO. Should be a barnburner while it lasts. One thing I took notice of was Tony's not the huge puncher I've given him credit for being. He does have heavy hands, but I dont hear that "THUD," when he hits. He KO's by volume and good placement of punches. On the other hand, Cotto provides the "THUD!" That makes this fight interesting.

I think Cotto came off kinda bitchlike. I think he should have shouted that "Mayweather is a BITCH!! Larry, that bitch dont wanna see me!!!" Floyd is so immature that he wont let that shit go unanswered. After all, Hatton said some shit about Mayweather and then Mayweather turned it around as his reason for coming out of retirement to fight Hatton. Hey, it worked for Hatton... Maybe Cotto doesnt really want that fight...

Also of note is and always has been Cintron's power is hugely overrated.
JD
I have been on the Margarito over Cotto for a while now...styles, plain and simple.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(FenderDG3 @ Apr 12 2008, 11:45 PM) [snapback]385946[/snapback]
Well Cintron was a lot more competitive (if that was even possible) for a little part of the fight, so I'd have to say that the Cotto fight was more brutal. However, I liked it when Margo was mocking Cintron in the neutral corner telling him to get up so he could inflict more punishment on him.

The way Tony was doing his arms, shit, I thought he was trying to heal Cintron...
daboxer610
CINTRON SHOULD GET DUMPED BY EMANUAL FOR NOT LISTENING
daboxer610
CINTRON IS STILL THE SAME AMATURE BOXER BACK IN 1999,MAYWEATHER VS COTTO NEEDS TO HAPPEND FUK A MARGARITO WE NEED TO SEE UNDEFEATED FIGHTER GOING AT EACHOTHER
daboxer610
QUOTE(Fitz @ Apr 12 2008, 11:03 PM) [snapback]385949[/snapback]
Yeah it was just Gomez, but Cotto looked sharp tonight. He looked super quick and no surprise, he punched well and worked the body very well. You felt as if Cotto could have had him out there whenever he wanted, but just got some rounds in there and work on some stuff. Like they said, it looked like a hard sparring session.
I'm liking Cotto more and more and while I rate Cotto pretty high and never thought that high of Margarito. I think this is a bad match up for Cotto. Margarito will lose to a good boxer that moves, but Cotto will not move the whole night. He will fight at times and I just think Margarito will takes shots better. Haven't decided on a winner yet, but it's a bad match up for Cotto IMO.

I WANNA SEE TWO UNDEFEATED CHAMPIONS FUK A MARGARITO
daboxer610
QUOTE(Fitz @ Apr 12 2008, 11:03 PM) [snapback]385949[/snapback]
Yeah it was just Gomez, but Cotto looked sharp tonight. He looked super quick and no surprise, he punched well and worked the body very well. You felt as if Cotto could have had him out there whenever he wanted, but just got some rounds in there and work on some stuff. Like they said, it looked like a hard sparring session.
I'm liking Cotto more and more and while I rate Cotto pretty high and never thought that high of Margarito. I think this is a bad match up for Cotto. Margarito will lose to a good boxer that moves, but Cotto will not move the whole night. He will fight at times and I just think Margarito will takes shots better. Haven't decided on a winner yet, but it's a bad match up for Cotto IMO.

IT MUST OF BEEN THE SHOES HE HAD ON TONIGHT
Imperius3
Margarito has a chin of iron. Cintron collapsed under Margarito's pressure just like I thought would happen. This fight was more brutal, IMO, because Margarito knocked Cintron out for the 10 count with a devastating body shot. Several brutal punches were thrown and landed from both sides. I thought Cintron won a close first round and after that it was all Margarito.

Cotto-Gomez was a serious mismatch, and it's clear Gomez had no business being there in the ring tonight. I did not expect this gross of a mismatch, but I did expect Cotto to win every round. Gomez probably could have lasted a few more rounds but there was really no point. The right call was made. Gomez should live to fight another day. This fight reminded me of a lion toying with a mouse. In this case, the lion was tossing the mouse back and forth and up in the air by its mouth. The Contender also loses a lot of credibility after two of its stars (Manfredo and Gomez) getting completely outclassed.

Cotto-Margarito is a very interesting match-up that needs to happen. I'm convinced Margarito can't be knocked out. However, I think Cotto can outbox and slug it out with Margarito to win a clear-cut decision. Cotto can beat him to the punch every time with his excellent timing and accuracy. Cotto has enough power to keep Margarito in check and has better defense to avoid most of Margarito's bombs. There will be a lot of brutal body shots in this fight! I see Cotto getting the best of Margarito on the inside with his speed and shorter punches. The winner should fight Mayweather!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.