Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto Vs. Margarito
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Douchebag
I know it's bit early, but all indications point to this fight being whats next on the horizon for these two fighters, so I would like to get opinions on how this fight will play out on who the winner is. Unlike most people, I don't see this fight being an all out war. Though there will no doubt be some heated exchanges, I see Cotto outboxing Tony for most of the fight. He will trade when he want and get on his bike on his way to a unanimous decision. Look for this fight to look a ot like Williams Vs. Quintana just more decisive.
monzo
miguel cotto ud
Mean Mister Mustard
Cotto will stick and move for most of the fight, making Margarito follow fim around. Then as Margarito becomes a bit frustrated that he can't nail Cotto as cleanly as he would like, he will rejoice when Cotto stops, plants his feet and decides to trade. Cotto will do that in spurts and he will get the most out of their exchanges as his punches are more compact than Margarito's wide bobms.

If Margarito survives Cotto and makes it to the 9th expect him to rally late. Cotto by UD.
mexboxing
IMO I think Cotto will box against Margarito. Tony is the naturally bigger stronger guy, if he can impose his will on Cotto with his relentless attacks, it will be a close fight. Cotto can bang and move, Margarito will be chasing him down the whole fight. Now can Cotto take Tony's shots? Thats my concern, he will be hit regardless and I wonder how he will react to Tony's onslaught pressure. Close fight to call, but I will go with Tony, Cotto's chin is a still suspect.
kidbazooka1
I like Margarito he's an exciting fighter but Cotto can do more things and when it comes down to it thats gonna make the difference.

Cotto by UD in highly entertaining fight.
EpTXCHAMP
This is gonna be a fight that will prob take a yr off both fighters career Im expecting toe to toe action, both fighters will prob get hurt at some point in the fight. margarito has heart and an Iron chin but thats it he's slow and not too powerful. Im favoring Cotto because of the better resume. He's beat Shane,Zab,Quintana and corley. Compared to margs losing to Paul and Daniel santos lol and beating a over rated paper champ cintron and clottey who still hasnt proven anything to be considered a good win in my book. plus clottey hurt his hand If I had to put money on it Cotto by UD 115-113
Jack 1000
Way too early to call. I see Cotto as the harder puncher, but weaker chinned. I see Margarito as the bigger volume puncher and better chin, but who also has a tendency to cut. On the issues with Cotto being sometimes hurt and even dropped by lesser opposition and the fact that I thought Mosley beat Cotto by a hair, I would lean toward Margarito at about 7-5 odds. What would suck would be this potentially great fight being decided by a headbutt or some shit. Margarito has had a few misfortunes like that. But then you got Cotto who has been hurt and dropped on rare occasions. But it only increases his aggression. Their strengths are so equal. Their weaknesses are few, but they cancel each other out. This is too 50/50. I really don't know who could do a better job at surviving the exchanges. I think Cotto is potentially more versatile in fighting. Margarito's more of this whirlwind who just keeps coming.

I don't have a pick yet. But if forced to do so, I would say Margarito. But how he or Cotto could win is just as much a mental as it is a physical game.

Jack
salvador
Cotto's obviously faster and a better boxer, but Tony's volume and the fact that he has a 4" height advantage and a 6" reach will balance that out. Cotto's feet aren't quick enough to get him out of the way of Tony's onslaught. As has been pointed out before, this will be Cotto's power vs. Tony's chin. If it goes to the scorecards, Cotto probably takes a close decision. I'm betting on Margarito by ko.
The CEO
I see a flatout, tough fight with Cotto winning by late TKO or Decision.
Elijah
Cotto has the boxing skills to completely shut out AM but I'm sure he'll stand toe to toe in short spurts making the fight as exciting/hard on himself as he wants it to be.

Cotto by UD
rusty_trombone
well let's see, cotto is faster, stronger, has way better defense, better footwork and balance. oh, and don't forget beaten and been in with the much better opposition.

his chin hasn't been an issue since he moved to 147, plus it's not like he didn't eat some hard shots from zab. i expect this to be pretty easy work for cotto.
BrutalBodyShots
Margarito by close decision or late stoppage.

Big Slim Sweet
I agree with Elijah. I don't think this will be quite the slugfest some are expecting. Cotto will use his boxing skills primarily to pile up points early on, only brawling in spurts to keep the crowd hyped. As the fight wears on I expect Margarito to impose his will and force Cotto to stand and exchange more, but it won't be enough.

Cotto by UD.
AKay
Cotto by UD.
But has this really been set in stone?
I can see the cut by Margarito being an issue and him doing his rematch/mandatory against clottey before fighting cotto in a unification as opposed to just for the WBA.

Also why isnt Cotto fighting on PR PARADE Saturday this year??

Wil
Douchebag
QUOTE(AKay @ Apr 15 2008, 11:45 AM) [snapback]386307[/snapback]
Cotto by UD.
I can see the cut by Margarito being an issue and him doing his rematch/mandatory against clottey before fighting cotto in a unification as opposed to just for the WBA.

Wil

I got a feeling that Margarito is going to drop that belt in order to fight Cotto. He already made that mistake with Williams, so I don't see jeopardising the big money fight again.
Mino
QUOTE(AKay @ Apr 15 2008, 11:45 AM) [snapback]386307[/snapback]
Cotto by UD.

Wil

Not sure but i think the parade is in early June, and if it is that would be a quick turnaround...To bad tho cuz if he fought Marg at the Garden that Sat it would be of the Chaaarts!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.