Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adamek-Bell: 5PM CST Today (Sat. ESPN Classic)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
With all the Hopkins-Calzaghe talk, this fight has really gone under the radar. Both these guys have fan friendly styles, and should make for a great fight together. Adamek is on the comeback trail after losing to Dawson, and Bell is on the comeback trail after losing a close one to Mormeck. Adamek has been the more active fighter in the last year, so he may be more fresh. I'd expect him to take the early rounds, but Bell will come back. Adamek used to fight at lt heavy, so I dont expect him to ko bell. Bell is pretty damn powerful, but Adamek's chin should hold up enough. I expect the former lt heavy titlist to take this one by a very narrow decision. Any opinions about this wonderful fight that will be on ESPN classic Saturday
CreDog
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Apr 16 2008, 03:21 PM) [snapback]386428[/snapback]
With all the Hopkins-Calzaghe talk, this fight has really gone under the radar. Both these guys have fan friendly styles, and should make for a great fight together. Adamek is on the comeback trail after losing to Dawson, and Bell is on the comeback trail after losing a close one to Mormeck. Adamek has been the more active fighter in the last year, so he may be more fresh. I'd expect him to take the early rounds, but Bell will come back. Adamek used to fight at lt heavy, so I dont expect him to ko bell. Bell is pretty damn powerful, but Adamek's chin should hold up enough. I expect the former lt heavy titlist to take this one by a very narrow decision. Any opinions about this wonderful fight that will be on ESPN classic Saturday

Now this should be the fight that provides us with the most fistic eye candy of the weekend.

I can't wait to see the fireworks. O'Neill Bell is a beast! Should be a fight of the year candidate if Adamek can stand up to the bombs that Bell will deliver. Remember, Adamek came up from light heavy.

Bell vs Mormeck and Adamek vs Briggs were all great fights.

Damn it's good to be a boxing fan...

sweetchuck
Bell has always came to fight, but will he be cursed by going to Europe again? Adamek is still strong despite coming up from light heavyweight. I think that Adamek will win this fight by a decision that will be closer than what the scorecards read and Bell will go on crying after the fight that he was robbed, he'll go to big bear and chase his sparring partners with an ax.
Blayde
I think Adamek will try to use his speed to outbox Bell. But as we all know Adamek is pretty hittable and at 175 he wasnt at his best boxing but slugging. This fight will give us a lot of answers about the Cruiserweight Adamek but I dont think he can still slug it out with huge punchers like Bell. So Bell is my favorite. Maybe Adamek will be able to outbox for some time, but he just doesnt have the defense to avoid Bells shots and I think that will cause a lot of problems for Adamek.

Im going with Bell by TKO although I also have kind of a feeling that he might disappoint and get outboxed in a boring fight by Adamek. Well see, Im not expecting a war because I think if they go at it, Adamek wont last too long. He was a beast at Light Heavyweight but Bell is a beast at Cruiserweight.
Jack 1000
I think Bell will need to win 9 of the 12 rounds clearly to take a decision in Europe. If Biased Bob Sheridan is commentating on ESPN Classic tomorrow, something tells we he will do everything he can to favor Admeck. He had Mormeck well ahead against Bell in the rematch. A fight that many believe Bell should have won. Col. Bob is certainly entertaining to listen to. However, he is such a Don King nut-sucker that it's sickening.

Jack
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
About an hour to go before this one comes on the air on Classic. Should be a great fight, and a good appetizer to Hopkins-Calzaghe
JD
LOL...

These announcers are horrific. It is the 5th round, and they are talking about how O'Neil Bell is just not going to be able to close the gap; that, of course came after they were doing a calculation of what Adamek needs to do in order to guarantee a decision.

Moments later some guy chimed in and was like "Bell needs a KO or it is a loss, he cannot beat him by decision."

I picked Adamek by decision, and I was rooting for him...but man, I want to hear these freaking dipshits end up disappointed real bad.
Romulus9
This is ridiculous. I don't even think these are boxing announcers. I think they just went to a pub and put lapel mikes on two random people sitting at the bar swilling pitcher after pitcher of whatever is cheapest.
stateofthegame
My favorite was when one of them said that most refs would have let the knockdown go.
stateofthegame
Bell quit
JD

I thought it was hysterical how the one announcer says "Bell knows he could not win this fight...he can live to fight another day"
stateofthegame
Adamek was well ahead, but to quit like that was unacceptable to me. He was not getting hurt that badly, and with his power he could easily pull it out. Besides I have seen him in a lot tougher fights than that.
JD
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Apr 19 2008, 06:46 PM) [snapback]386713[/snapback]
Adamek was well ahead, but to quit like that was unacceptable to me. He was not getting hurt that badly, and with his power he could easily pull it out. Besides I have seen him in a lot tougher fights than that.

He was getting outpointed - but he was in every round and not taking a whole lot of punishment.

Something must have been wrong with him.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Damn Bell looked like shit in there. Adamek did well, but god damn i thought it would be a better fight than that. Those announcers did suck too. One thing i think you guys missed was that one of them said that Bell would have a hard time getting a fair shake, and didn't deserve it. I mean cmon now. When it first came on the air, I kept flipping back to the Suns-Spurs game. I didn't hear any announcers at first, and thought there wouldn't be any. Too bad huh
Mean Mister Mustard
Bell quit? The same Bell who has come from behind the scorecards to KO opponents? Shame.
Jack 1000
Oh did this SUCK!!! Beyond a letdown,

The transmission was deplorable, and there were audio problems throughout the telecast. I agree that they picked those announcers off the street or damn close to it. This almost made me appreciate loud, but at least entertaining, Bob Sheridan. I can't believe how bad this fight was. Bell looked worse than shit. (I only gave him 1 round.) Production crews really need to do their homework before they pull this crap again. High School Mass Media Production classes could have done better! This was putrid.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.