Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pound 4 Pound
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
D-MARV
What's up fellaz!
I was in a deep debate with some guys in another forum. If Cotto defeats Margarito in July, where would you place him on the Pound 4 Pound list.

My opinion is that if Cotto beats Margarito then he would pass Floyd on my pound 4 pound list.

Just want your opinions...
Chi-Town
Funny you bring this up, I was having this debate earlier too. I can understand the reasoning behind Cotto surpassing Floyd but I'd have a hard time putting Cotto ahead of him just yet, truthfully they've pretty much had the same year...They both beat up Zab, they both beat slightly faded older fighters and both beat up guys who were seriously overmatched, although I think Floyd's win over Hatton is worth more than Cotto's win over Gomez. With that being said, should Hopkins win on Saturday I would have to put him back at number 1 regardless if Cotto wins or not, for being the linear champion of his division and beating three consecutive pound for pounders. If Hopkins loses and Cotto wins my top 5 would be : 1.Floyd 2.Cotto 3.Calzaghe 4.Pacquiao 5. Vasquez

HOWEVER.....ANYTHING LESS than a DOMINANT performance against Oscar in September would result in Floyd losing his #1 spot on my list.

With all of the guys moving up and down in weight and big fights this summer, there could be some major changes in the P4P rankings by the end of the year. Should be fun. Great Post Marvelous
BrutalBodyShots
So if Cotto beats Margarito in your view Cotto can be placed at #1 on the P4P list...

What about if Margarito beats Cotto? Where would that place Margarito?
sweetchuck
I personally don't have Money Mayweather as the top of my pound for pound list. I think Pacquaio is on top even with the close decision to Marquez. Really, how many legends does he have to beat to get that respect? Mayweather is a good fighter, but I don't think he's pound for pound the best right now because he has looked good against so many C class fighters or guys not in their prime. I think Cotto beating Margarito will put him over Mayweather because Cotto is fighting the guys Floyd only finds excuses not to fight (i.e. Margarito and Mosley) and I think he beat Judah worse than Mayweather did.
CreDog
My top 5--- and in no particular order.

Cotto
Mayweather
Pacquiao
Calzaghe/Hopkins winner
Mayorga

Just kidding about Mayorga...Juan Man Marquez.

PFrank313
Do people watch boxing??

So people honestly think cotto is better than "money"??
lol clowns!!

Ok, Cotto has beat mosely, but barely! he did NOT DOMINATE that fight, thats his only real name on his list.
His jaw has been cracked howmany times?? His level of opponets does no way
compare to Floyd competition. Floyd has held a title in 5 weight classes!!
Does that count or mean anything these days?? People hate him because of his
attitude, big deal, this is life in america,..
There is no big fight but cotto,.. Williams?? are you serious, lol
Floyd skills & talents are unmatched, I ADMIT him & cotto would be GREAT
but cotto can not be above him on the p4p, NO WAY! !
COTTO is not above floyd, b-hop,pacman, or calzag on the p4p
these fighters have careers to back it up & are currently great.
COTTO is GOOD & will be great, just not as of 2008.
2009 mayweather vs cotto,... Cotto 0 will Go ! !

1. FLOYD "MONEY" "PRETTY BOY" MAYWEATHER
2. B-HOP
3.PAC MAN
4.CALZAG
5.COTTO
Douchebag
QUOTE(PFrank313 @ Apr 18 2008, 05:23 PM) [snapback]386597[/snapback]
Do people watch boxing??

So people honestly think cotto is better than "money"??
lol clowns!!

Ok, Cotto has beat mosely, but barely! he did NOT DOMINATE that fight, thats his only real name on his list.
His jaw has been cracked howmany times?? His level of opponets does no way
compare to Floyd competition. Floyd has held a title in 5 weight classes!!
Does that count or mean anything these days?? People hate him because of his
attitude, big deal, this is life in america,..
There is no big fight but cotto,.. Williams?? are you serious, lol
Floyd skills & talents are unmatched, I ADMIT him & cotto would be GREAT
but cotto can not be above him on the p4p, NO WAY! !
COTTO is not above floyd, b-hop,pacman, or calzag on the p4p
these fighters have careers to back it up & are currently great.
COTTO is GOOD & will be great, just not as of 2008.
2009 mayweather vs cotto,... Cotto 0 will Go ! !
1. FLOYD "MONEY" "PRETTY BOY" MAYWEATHER
2. B-HOP
3.PAC MAN
4.CALZAG
5.COTTO

And another PBF stan joins the flock.
PFrank313
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Apr 18 2008, 05:27 PM) [snapback]386598[/snapback]
And another PBF stan joins the flock.

Yeh I will be a stan untill I see a better fighter this era,.
When I see him get knocked out or out-boxed or out classed in the ring.
He a natural 140 if you wanna be real,.. Just because the world has seen
cotto get dazed & rocked by bum fighters, please dont hate money,..
and i must say I LIKE COTTO, GOOD FIGHTER, would be the ideal opponet
for money,.. but his ass would get whopped also!!

People said that same shit about hatton!! oh he a body puncher! he a pressure figher!
he will cut the ring off! he will be ruff & tuff!
what happend??!!

Got his ass KO'! ! lol Now the cotto dicksuckers are here!! lol
Cotto has been rocked by c-class fighers, Too easy to hit,..
but ok, the world will see,

SMH... Cotto believers, lol think he can beat money??? lol
he just fuckin fought a contendar flunkie !! lol wow he's warming up now,..
Maxy
QUOTE(sweetchuck @ Apr 18 2008, 02:30 PM) [snapback]386592[/snapback]
Mayweather is a good fighter, but I don't think he's pound for pound the best right now because he has looked good against so many C class fighters or guys not in their prime. I think Cotto beating Margarito will put him over Mayweather because Cotto is fighting the guys Floyd only finds excuses not to fight (i.e. Margarito and Mosley) and I think he beat Judah worse than Mayweather did.

I pretty much agree with that. I'm old school in that I like to see the best fight the best and Cotto is the one who is doing that right now whereas Mayweather is looking for the biggest pay day all the time. OK, I can't blame him for that but it doesn't do shit for his legacy and as far as I'm concerned he hasn't proven himself to be the best welterweight around yet, even though talent wise he most certainly is.
PFrank313
QUOTE(Maxy @ Apr 18 2008, 06:17 PM) [snapback]386606[/snapback]
I pretty much agree with that. I'm old school in that I like to see the best fight the best and Cotto is the one who is doing that right now whereas Mayweather is looking for the biggest pay day all the time. OK, I can't blame him for that but it doesn't do shit for his legacy and as far as I'm concerned he hasn't proven himself to be the best welterweight around yet, even though talent wise he most certainly is.

How do you see cotto fighting the best welterweights??
Cotto fought zudah & floyd fought zudah
Cotto fought mosely & Floyd fought oscar
Cotto ABOUT to fight magarito & Floyd fought Hatton

PLEASE NO ONE SAY GOMEZ BUM ASS IS AN ELITE WELTERWEIGHT..

If floyd has not fought some good welterweights, cotto has???? WHAT THE HELL??

Floyd beat an undefeated Corrales, & Castillo twice in his prime,..
DAMM where is the love?? !! lol

PLEASE ANYONE WHO KNOWS BOXING, besides a SQUEEK BY MOSELY
WHO HAS COTTO FOUGHT?????
D-MARV
QUOTE(PFrank313 @ Apr 18 2008, 06:15 PM) [snapback]386605[/snapback]
Yeh I will be a stan untill I see a better fighter this era,.
When I see him get knocked out or out-boxed or out classed in the ring.
He a natural 140 if you wanna be real,.. Just because the world has seen
cotto get dazed & rocked by bum fighters, please dont hate money,..
and i must say I LIKE COTTO, GOOD FIGHTER, would be the ideal opponet
for money,.. but his ass would get whopped also!!

People said that same shit about hatton!! oh he a body puncher! he a pressure figher!
he will cut the ring off! he will be ruff & tuff!
what happend??!!

Got his ass KO'! ! lol Now the cotto dicksuckers are here!! lol
Cotto has been rocked by c-class fighers, Too easy to hit,..
but ok, the world will see,

SMH... Cotto believers, lol think he can beat money??? lol
he just fuckin fought a contendar flunkie !! lol wow he's warming up now,..

I love when people bring up the fact that Cotto was rocked and dazed by Chop Chop
People seem to forget that Chop Chop also rocked another very good fighter. His name is Floyd!!! Just Food for Thought
D-MARV
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Apr 18 2008, 03:28 PM) [snapback]386591[/snapback]
So if Cotto beats Margarito in your view Cotto can be placed at #1 on the P4P list...

What about if Margarito beats Cotto? Where would that place Margarito?

Brutal you bring up a good point. Honestly man that is a tough position. If Cotto beats Margarito I think I would rank him higher than Floyd but not necessarily #1. Tomorrow's fight has alot to do with that! Also I got to see how Manny Pac does against david Diaz. That will have an impact on my rankings. But If Tony beats Cotto I think I would put Tony somewhere in my Pound 4 Pound list and drop Cotto to the bottom of the list or just behind margarito! depends on how the fight goes.
PFrank313
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Apr 18 2008, 06:44 PM) [snapback]386614[/snapback]
I love when people bring up the fact that Cotto was rocked and dazed by Chop Chop
People seem to forget that Chop Chop also rocked another very good fighter. His name is Floyd!!! Just Food for Thought

No,. Not just chop,.. lollol
Please watch cotto G-Hits on hbo,.. Rocked by BUMS!
D-MARV
QUOTE(PFrank313 @ Apr 18 2008, 06:48 PM) [snapback]386616[/snapback]
No,. Not just chop,.. lollol
Please watch cotto G-Hits on hbo,.. Rocked by BUMS!

I guess You are implying that if you get rocked by "bums" you are not good!
If you are talking about the Torres fight then please explain to me your definition of a "Bum"
PFrank313
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Apr 18 2008, 07:16 PM) [snapback]386619[/snapback]
I guess You are implying that if you get rocked by "bums" you are not good!
If you are talking about the Torres fight then please explain to me your definition of a "Bum"

My point is this.

put cotto record next to mayweather. the quality will show itself,..
Look at how they fight,.. yes cotto has got better since the mosely fight.
but we have yet to see how much better, becuz the GOMEZ fight was a joke,..
(and by the way, if floyd ever took a warm up fight with a bum like gomez, he would get hammerd
by media & crictics, but no one cares cotto fought him) Cotto skill does not match moneys.
Being rocked by bums does not make you not good, its only good in arguments like these, blogs, & opinions.
I can say money never got rocked by a bum, Cotto has.
and PLEASE PEOPLE, why must commentaors, fans, critics, rush this fight or say floyed is avoiding??
COTTO NEVER SAID HE WANT MONEY!! HATTON DID & FLOYED MADE THE FIGHT.
Cotto promoters want money,. COTTO ALWAYS SAYS "WHOEVER THEY PUT IN FRONT OF ME"
so it does not sound to convincing that he want a piece of him to me,..
Floyd is smart, he will not ruch into a fight becuz nagging fans want it, he is a prize fighter. Expected to be great everytime.
Unlike de la hoya, who people pay yo see lose,. Floyd has that burden he must win everytime,.. & does..
and another thing!! if floyed beats cotto, then what?? does it define him?? hell no, he has done 2 much,..
Douchebag
Doesn't Torres have a belt RIGHT NOW?
Maxy
QUOTE(PFrank313 @ Apr 18 2008, 05:40 PM) [snapback]386613[/snapback]
How do you see cotto fighting the best welterweights??
Cotto fought zudah & floyd fought zudah
Cotto fought mosely & Floyd fought oscar
Cotto ABOUT to fight magarito & Floyd fought Hatton

PLEASE NO ONE SAY GOMEZ BUM ASS IS AN ELITE WELTERWEIGHT..

If floyd has not fought some good welterweights, cotto has???? WHAT THE HELL??

Floyd beat an undefeated Corrales, & Castillo twice in his prime,..
DAMM where is the love?? !! lol

PLEASE ANYONE WHO KNOWS BOXING, besides a SQUEEK BY MOSELY
WHO HAS COTTO FOUGHT?????

Mayweather hasn't fought a SINGLE good welterweight bar Judah who is past it anyway and always questionable. What are you on? Who said Gomez was elite? Floyd fought Hatton, a light welterweight who will NEVER be a threat to the elite welterweights....shit I thought that was a given. Cotto is WILLING to fight anyone and there-in lies the difference. OK, Mayweather has been around longer, earnt his stripes and whatever but I'm talking about now at welterweight

You think I'm taking a dig at Mayweather or something? If that's the case, yeah I see your standpoint, your boy has been dissed....but I ain't taking a dig at him for his talent, I'm saying he ain't fought the best welterweights out there and if you deny that.....well surely you don't right? Corrales and Castillo....??? I'm talking welterweight here, I assume you know the difference?

You ask who has Cotto fought...well he'll jump at the chance to fight Mayweather after he's done fighting the guys Mayweather don't want to fight! I respect Floyds talent, he's fucking brilliant at what he does but I hate the modern day era where fighters don't fight the best available opponents. Cotto-Mayweather should happen above any other fight at welterweight but Mayweather will most likely opt to side step it in favour of fighting Kimbo Slice for 10 billion dollars in some farcial UFC shit...cos it's all about the money...and that's where I get pissed off.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic with that last comment just in case....
Mean Mister Mustard
Why is Mayweather waiting around anyway? He's the best in the world, he should be fighting more often.
PFrank313
QUOTE(Maxy @ Apr 18 2008, 08:05 PM) [snapback]386626[/snapback]
Mayweather hasn't fought a SINGLE good welterweight bar Judah who is past it anyway and always questionable. What are you on? Who said Gomez was elite? Floyd fought Hatton, a light welterweight who will NEVER be a threat to the elite welterweights....shit I thought that was a given. Cotto is WILLING to fight anyone and there-in lies the difference. OK, Mayweather has been around longer, earnt his stripes and whatever but I'm talking about now at welterweight

You think I'm taking a dig at Mayweather or something? If that's the case, yeah I see your standpoint, your boy has been dissed....but I ain't taking a dig at him for his talent, I'm saying he ain't fought the best welterweights out there and if you deny that.....well surely you don't right? Corrales and Castillo....??? I'm talking welterweight here, I assume you know the difference?

You ask who has Cotto fought...well he'll jump at the chance to fight Mayweather after he's done fighting the guys Mayweather don't want to fight! I respect Floyds talent, he's fucking brilliant at what he does but I hate the modern day era where fighters don't fight the best available opponents. Cotto-Mayweather should happen above any other fight at welterweight but Mayweather will most likely opt to side step it in favour of fighting Kimbo Slice for 10 billion dollars in some farcial UFC shit...cos it's all about the money...and that's where I get pissed off.

OK, is this argument just about welterweight or overall????
If u claim mayweather only fought judah? lol
They both fought JUDAH!!
Cotto fought mosley ok! Maywether fought Oscar!
Nether Mosely or oscar is on their prime!!
So what is your point??
You claim COTTO fought better welterweights?? How??
Hatton is better than gomez pal!!
Margarito is the only other boxer cotto is gonna face..
The best welterweight are who? Williams & cintron been overated.
You CLAIM "Cotto is willing to fight anyone??" What do you base that on??
He says "I Fight Any1 they put in front of me" like a robot,..
I would rather see Floyd fight the big show anyday rather than Cotto & Gomez!
So yea he is willing to fight any bum bob puts in front of him including CONTENDER FLUNKIES!!
-- MY POINT SATND --
Damm I can make a point ! ! ! Wow.........

RealPuya
QUOTE(PFrank313 @ Apr 18 2008, 08:38 PM) [snapback]386629[/snapback]
I would rather see Floyd fight the big show anyday rather than Cotto & Gomez!

Where you rather put your $50 on PPV...Floyd vs Oscar (Dancing with the Star 2) or Cotto vs Margarito (I will KO you fu*& out)...

Hummm let me think... cool.gif
Douchebag
Is this guy serious?
PFrank313
QUOTE(RealPuya @ Apr 18 2008, 08:46 PM) [snapback]386630[/snapback]
Where you rather put your $50 on PPV...Floyd vs Oscar (Dancing with the Star 2) or Cotto vs Margarito (I will KO you fu*& out)...

Hummm let me think... cool.gif

GOOD POINT ! ! lol

I think floyd vs odl 2 would be better than the 1st, & floyd dad in his corner
makes it more inresting,..

I would probably watch the cotto tho,.. Just to see what he will do,..
If he can DOMINATE magarita,. which i doubt...
hardhead
QUOTE(Maxy @ Apr 19 2008, 12:05 AM) [snapback]386626[/snapback]

Funny but when you look at it, Cotto should he beat Margarito, will have basically taken out 4 of the top 10 welters(Mosley,Judah,Qintanna and possibly Margarito).

Mayweather has fought two guys who were welters, Judah and Baldomir, DLH before the Mayweather fight hadn't fought at welter for years, and he's still not even ranked because he hasn't beaten a welter in years.

So basically Cotto is in the process of cleaning up the division. I've always thought that was the champion's responsibility. But when Mayweather makes fighters jump through fucking hoops("step your game up become an entrepreneur then you can fight me" bullshit) just to get a fight, this is what we get. Unfortunately some of our top fighters in recent years have been prima donna's that are too caught up in their own ego that they deprive of us of true greatness and when the future comes we're forced to mostly speculate about "what might/could have been."

Hopefully after this Mayweather/DLH II Mayweather gets his head back into the fight game and goes out with a bang these next 2-3 years, not play these stupid mind games trying to fool everybody with his antics every other fight talking about retirement and acting above the sport/fighters.
Mean Mister Mustard
I think the fact that Cotto is willing to fight Margarito puts him one up over Mayweather. Now Cotto has to do the hard part and actually beat The Tornado.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(hardhead @ Apr 18 2008, 07:56 PM) [snapback]386634[/snapback]
Funny but when you look at it, Cotto should he beat Margarito, will have basically taken out 4 of the top 10 welters(Mosley,Judah,Qintanna and possibly Margarito).

Mayweather has fought two guys who were welters, Judah and Baldomir, DLH before the Mayweather fight hadn't fought at welter for years, and he's still not even ranked because he hasn't beaten a welter in years.

So basically Cotto is in the process of cleaning up the division. I've always thought that was the champion's responsibility. But when Mayweather makes fighters jump through fucking hoops("step your game up become an entrepreneur then you can fight me" bullshit) just to get a fight, this is what we get. Unfortunately some of our top fighters in recent years have been prima donna's that are too caught up in their own ego that they deprive of us of true greatness and when the future comes we're forced to mostly speculate about "what might/could have been."

Hopefully after this Mayweather/DLH II Mayweather gets his head back into the fight game and goes out with a bang these next 2-3 years, not play these stupid mind games trying to fool everybody with his antics every other fight talking about retirement and acting above the sport/fighters.

Excellent post Hardhead. Mayweather brings up the argument that since he has beaten so many good fighters and the fact that he is the P4P best he has nothing left to prove. That is not the type of reasoning we want from the best fighter in the world. You're the best in the world? Then defend the title. Don't just sit around rematching guys you already beat while waiting for the others to duke it out.
hardhead
Forget Cotto, if Hopkins wins Saturday he's my P4P number one easy. But like Hopkins said the other day it's bigger then the present, it's about that real ATG status...Plus the dude is a real fighter that doesn't just talk about it he be about it..
kidbazooka1
If Cotto looks good agianst Margarito(which will be very tough to do)and Mayweather looks like he did in the first fight with DLH then I would say there could be an argument to Cotto being #1.
JD
Floyd Mayweather's welterweight opponents: Zab Judah, Carlos Baldomir
Floyd Mayweather's opponents at welterweight that were moving up from jr. welter: Sharmba Mitchell, Ricky Hatton

Miguel Cotto's welterweight opponents: Carlos Quintana, Oktay Urkal, Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, Alfonso Gomez
Miguel Cotto's opponents at welterweight that were moving up from jr. welter: No one
sweetchuck
Floyd no doubt is a great fighter. But there are a lot of people who think he lost to Castillo the first time, there are a lot that thought DLH beat him. Yes Corley did stun him and even Mayweather admits that. Floyd has to put this in prospective, boxing is fighting. When he's outclassing a bum, he's still running and not trying to get hurt, remember Baldomir? By the way, I want my money back from the last three ESPN quality fights he fought. Quality names, terrible fights! Well the Hatton fight wasn't that bad. My point is, when the best fighter in the world is in the ring we shouldn't want a refund afterwards. Charles Barkley and Tiger Woods shouldn't be leaving in the middle of the fight to go to the blackjack tables. If Calzaghe wins tomorrow night he should surpass Pacquaio in my opinion and place Money at third.

My opinion on P4P:
1. Manny Pacquaio
2. Floyd Mayweather
3. Joe Calzaghe
4. Bernard Hopkins
5. Miguel Cotto
BrutalBodyShots
There's no doubt that Cotto's resume AT WELTER is better than Mayweather's... but Mayweather's resume OVERALL is better. And from a pound for pound sense, Mayweather does get credit for holding titles in a ton of weight divisions while Cotto is only on his second.

D-MARV
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Apr 18 2008, 11:28 PM) [snapback]386651[/snapback]
If Cotto looks good agianst Margarito(which will be very tough to do)and Mayweather looks like he did in the first fight with DLH then I would say there could be an argument to Cotto being #1.

That's exactly how I feel. If Cotto can find a way to look good against Tony and Floyd looks bad against Oscar and then fights Hatton again the Im sorry he has got to go.
In my Opinon, Floyd has a chance to lose his Pound 4 Pound tonight!
xxxxxx
QUOTE(piper the great @ Apr 19 2008, 11:42 AM) [snapback]386679[/snapback]
he should've lost it after the pacman fight

Pacman nearly lost that fight and some believe he did.Personally, I scored it for Marquez but that's just me.PBF is #1 p4p right now.Everyone is pissed because he's fighting Oscar again so they hate on him.Listen very carefully, that fight was wrongly scored a sd victory for PBF.It should of been a UD victory for PBF, but it wasn't so Floyd wants to prove that he is a much better fighter than Oscar and make a ton of money in the process.I truly believe the 2nd fight will be more entertaining than the first with Floyd winning in impressive fashion.Then He will fight the winner of Cotto-Margarito and shut the haters up once again.Then what will people say if he beats the winner? They will say he's ducking Mosley.lol
PFrank313
Are people REALLY PLACING COTTO ABOVE Floyd "MONEY" "PRETTY BOY" MAYWEATHER??
DAMM WHERES THE LOVE??!!

Ok, I see there are some idiots here posting things..

If people want to say cotto has fought better WELTERweights, ok, do what you all do
I dont see how,. people act like COTTO resume just blows floyds out the water..
If people wanna say who better welterweights do what you want,..
but to place COTTO ABOVE FLOYD on the POUND 4 POUND is INSANE
only b-hop or pac-man can argue floyd for that spot

Cotto is good!! dont get me wrong,.. please stop acting like he is doing sumthing in boxing floyd has not done.
Cotto is on his 2nd weight class. Floyd has won in 5. EVERYTIME cotto is asked who do you want to fight next
his reply is "Whoever they put in front of me" like a fuckin robot.. He has yet to call out mayweather..
When on espn before his WWE event. floyd was asked why noy fight cotto?? please look on youtube to watch the
interview, floyd said "Cotto know whats up" "He never called me out & if he want a fight he should speak up"

Yes I know cotto beat Malignaggi & Torres(who is overated & got rocked by) who both are 140
floyed beat the TOP 140 in hatton.

So lets breakdown this

COTTO OPPONETS FLOYD OPPONETS

1. Mosley ------- 1. ODL
2. Judah -- ------- 2. Judah
3. Quintana --------3. Hatton
4. Urkal -------- 4. Baldomir

This is for the retards who consider gomez a threat.
5. Gomez ------ 5. The big show
PFrank313
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Apr 19 2008, 02:23 PM) [snapback]386681[/snapback]
Pacman nearly lost that fight and some believe he did.Personally, I scored it for Marquez but that's just me.PBF is #1 p4p right now.Everyone is pissed because he's fighting Oscar again so they hate on him.Listen very carefully, that fight was wrongly scored a sd victory for PBF.It should of been a UD victory for PBF, but it wasn't so Floyd wants to prove that he is a much better fighter than Oscar and make a ton of money in the process.I truly believe the 2nd fight will be more entertaining than the first with Floyd winning in impressive fashion.Then He will fight the winner of Cotto-Margarito and shut the haters up once again.Then what will people say if he beats the winner? They will say he's ducking Mosley.lol

Glad to see someone knows boxing & appreciates what floyd is doing ! !

The pound 4 pound starts & ends with floyd.

yes b hop & pac man can argue, but they have losses
people respects perfection baby! ! !

Mean Mister Mustard
People are getting focusing too much on unimportant things in this dicsussion. Forget about who has fought better Welters, forget about who called out who. The main point is that we have a supremely talented fighter who has yet to lose, is starting to become mainstream and is the current P4P king and his priority is rematching a slightly past his prime fighter who has lost almost all of his big fights while the rest of the welterweight contenders are forced to duke it out.

Mayweather has proven he is the best fighter on the planet but he needs to keep proving it by fighting everyone, Cotto, Margarito, Mosley and Witter.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 19 2008, 03:13 PM) [snapback]386684[/snapback]
People are getting focusing too much on unimportant things in this dicsussion. Forget about who has fought better Welters, forget about who called out who. The main point is that we have a supremely talented fighter who has yet to lose, is starting to become mainstream and is the current P4P king and his priority is rematching a slightly past his prime fighter who has lost almost all of his big fights while the rest of the welterweight contenders are forced to duke it out.

Mayweather has proven he is the best fighter on the planet but he needs to keep proving it by fighting everyone, Cotto, Margarito, Mosley and Witter.

You hit the target.
I'am a Mayweather fan. I think he is the best boxer in the sport, no doubt about it. I think he would outpoint everyone of the welterweight and even stop a few. But he is not fighting the right people. He is fighting guys he has already beaten. Its time for him to move on to new challenges. I for one believe there is not a guy out their that can beat floyd. But this man is hurting himself by fighting Oscar. Not finacially! lol, but he wants to add to his legacy and this is not the way to do it. He should fight the Margarito-Cotto winner in the fall. SCREW De La Hoya!
PFrank313
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Apr 19 2008, 03:24 PM) [snapback]386685[/snapback]
You hit the target.
I'am a Mayweather fan. I think he is the best boxer in the sport, no doubt about it. I think he would outpoint everyone of the welterweight and even stop a few. But he is not fighting the right people. He is fighting guys he has already beaten. Its time for him to move on to new challenges. I for one believe there is not a guy out their that can beat floyd. But this man is hurting himself by fighting Oscar. Not finacially! lol, but he wants to add to his legacy and this is not the way to do it. He should fight the Margarito-Cotto winner in the fall. SCREW De La Hoya!

He will fight the winner of the cotto-magarito fight,.
1st he has some unfinished business with oscar, he won by SD, should have been UD
He wants to prove a point by beating one of the most praised & celebrated & wealthy fighters
in the history of boxing, & just embarass him, with his dad training oscar...
then he will he get to cotto and erase his 0 also,..
I dont see a prob with him rematching oscar,.. Cotto needs to rematch mosley in my oponion,..
but of course no one in this fourm will admit that, lol lol
Big Slim Sweet
I'm with the majority here. Floyd is clearly the best fighter in the world but at some point there has to be a cost to him refusing to keep proving it. Beating up a dude coming up in weight doesn't add to his p4p status. Beating a past-it fighter who he already beat a year ago doesn't add to it either. When a champion refuses to defend his title he gets stripped. Meanwhile Cotto keeps notching bigger and bigger victories, the Gomez farce aside.

I'm not ready to drop PBF from the top spot just yet, but we'll see how things shake out the rest of this year. If Cotto beats Margarito and Mayweather still won't agree to fight him that would be unacceptable.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(PFrank313 @ Apr 19 2008, 02:40 PM) [snapback]386686[/snapback]
He will fight the winner of the cotto-magarito fight,.
1st he has some unfinished business with oscar, he won by SD, should have been UD
He wants to prove a point by beating one of the most praised & celebrated & wealthy fighters
in the history of boxing, & just embarass him, with his dad training oscar...
then he will he get to cotto and erase his 0 also,..
I dont see a prob with him rematching oscar,.. Cotto needs to rematch mosley in my oponion,..
but of course no one in this fourm will admit that, lol lol

Mayweather wants to rematch for DLH for the money, plain and simple. He knows he won that fight and so does everyone else. Even DLH knows it, they are just greedy.

By the way even Mosley knows he lost the Cotto fight.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(PFrank313 @ Apr 18 2008, 06:33 PM) [snapback]386623[/snapback]
PLEASE PEOPLE, why must commentaors, fans, critics, rush this fight or say floyed is avoiding??
COTTO NEVER SAID HE WANT MONEY!! HATTON DID & FLOYED MADE THE FIGHT.

You act like all a guy has to do is call Floyd out and Money May will swoop in at the drop of a hat and whip his ass. Margarito called him out, Mosley called him out and those shouts fell on deaf ears.
PFrank313
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Apr 19 2008, 03:49 PM) [snapback]386689[/snapback]
You act like all a guy has to do is call Floyd out and Money May will swoop in at the drop of a hat and whip his ass. Margarito called him out, Mosley called him out and those shouts fell on deaf ears.

I mean since floyd has been a top of the p4p,.. only hatton has

Why has cotto not called him out??
Fear? He know he not ready?
I bet any amout of of money if he beats margarito, he will get sum balls and call him out,..
PFrank313
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 19 2008, 03:47 PM) [snapback]386688[/snapback]
Mayweather wants to rematch for DLH for the money, plain and simple. He knows he won that fight and so does everyone else. Even DLH knows it, they are just greedy.

By the way even Mosley knows he lost the Cotto fight.

Well the obvious not everyone thinks floyd beat oscar, it was one judge that did not think so,.
yes the money plays a part, but he is in his prime & it wont hurt.
I think cotto won but after that fight I cant say cotto is a better fighter than mosly,
he was better that day. He needs a clear cut win,.
So what floyd remtaches oscar, Every boxer gets critized for not fighting someone or not fighting someone.
From ali, to joe louis, to roy, to tyson, to oscar, to pacman,..... There has been a time when each of those
fighters have fought an opponet & sum1 ejected to it. Pretty is in his prime, 31. Cotto is 28. next year they will fight.
Its plenty of time for that to happen,.. Let floyd do him.. he will get to cotto & whoever the "media" & "fans" put in front of him,..

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(PFrank313 @ Apr 19 2008, 03:07 PM) [snapback]386692[/snapback]
Well the obvious not everyone thinks floyd beat oscar, it was one judge that did not think so,.
yes the money plays a part, but he is in his prime & it wont hurt.
I think cotto won but after that fight I cant say cotto is a better fighter than mosly,
he was better that day. He needs a clear cut win,.
So what floyd remtaches oscar, Every boxer gets critized for not fighting someone or not fighting someone.
From ali, to joe louis, to roy, to tyson, to oscar, to pacman,..... There has been a time when each of those
fighters have fought an opponet & sum1 ejected to it. Pretty is in his prime, 31. Cotto is 28. next year they will fight.
Its plenty of time for that to happen,.. Let floyd do him.. he will get to cotto & whoever the "media" & "fans" put in front of him,..

You make a good point, PBF will eventually fight Cotto. It is just frustrating to see the best fighter in the world sitting around wasting his time. When the guys you mentioned above were the best they fought everyone to remain the best. PBF seems content to have won the title of P4P and sit around saying he has nothing left to prove. BULL! He has to fight everyone.

We can at least be thankful he won't fight Baldmoir or Mitchell again.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 19 2008, 02:13 PM) [snapback]386684[/snapback]

Outstanding post triple M.

The thing with boxing is that there will always be an up and coming ... Always. PBF knows that all to well, so I don't blame him one bit for taking the road he's taken. He is acumulating a fortune and he's still top dog. Now ultimately, Cotto & PBF will fight, but business comes first to PBF. Look at how many name fighter's who make a million here and there ... PBF is making 25million dollar chunks and when you're able to make that kind on money in the WELTERWEIGHT division, you have got something going.

So, all of you should save the rap and understand the business side of things if you're able. It's about getting paid. And there is NO OTHER BOXER CURRENT that is pulling in the kind of money PBF is. Five years ago, this would have been unheard of ... PERIOD. The BIG money was for the Heaveyweights. Now PBF is pulling in heavyweight paper .......... So, he's doing one hell of a job in the ring and outside of the ring.

QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 19 2008, 03:18 PM) [snapback]386693[/snapback]
You make a good point, PBF will eventually fight Cotto. It is just frustrating to see the best fighter in the world sitting around wasting his time. When the guys you mentioned above were the best they fought everyone to remain the best. PBF seems content to have won the title of P4P and sit around saying he has nothing left to prove. BULL! He has to fight everyone.

We can at least be thankful he won't fight Baldmoir or Mitchell again.

Again, right on point triple M.

With one exception: He's not wasting time, he's making a TON of money doing the little things. Name me one fighter in boxing today that got paid doing a BS episode in WWF? Next, he will make at least 15 million fighting DLH again.

From the business perspective, add it up .....
2007 - Over 50 million
2008 - {Projected revenue from WWF & DLH II} Over 35+/- Million.

Two Years as PBF = 85 +/- Million.

NAME ME ONE FIGHTER OUT THERE TODAY THAT IS PULLING IN THOSE KING OF NUMBERS ......... OTHER THAN PBF.

So, its easy for the minimum wage earners to scream out instructions for PBF, but how many here are bringing in at least a million per year.

PBF is breaking the bank and he's kicking ass along that way. When all the dust settles, he will be able to retire after taking care of Cotto.

So, for the newbie boxing fans, Cotto will be dealt with when the price is right.

IT'S BUSINESS STUPID!!!!!!
The CEO
Money is clearly THE P4P best boxer in the world. No one is as good as he is overall...skills, titles, et cetera...everything considered.

Spots 2, 3, 4, and 5 are all subjective though...

I personally have Pac and JMM tied for 2nd, Hopkins and Calzaghe (you're welcome, Joe) tied for 3rd, Cotto in 4th, and Vazquez in 5th.

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Apr 19 2008, 03:56 PM) [snapback]386699[/snapback]
Outstanding post triple M.

The thing with boxing is that there will always be an up and coming ... Always. PBF knows that all to well, so I don't blame him one bit for taking the road he's taken. He is acumulating a fortune and he's still top dog. Now ultimately, Cotto & PBF will fight, but business comes first to PBF. Look at how many name fighter's who make a million here and there ... PBF is making 25million dollar chunks and when you're able to make that kind on money in the WELTERWEIGHT division, you have got something going.

So, all of you should save the rap and understand the business side of things if you're able. It's about getting paid. And there is NO OTHER BOXER CURRENT that is pulling in the kind of money PBF is. Five years ago, this would have been unheard of ... PERIOD. The BIG money was for the Heaveyweights. Now PBF is pulling in heavyweight paper .......... So, he's doing one hell of a job in the ring and outside of the ring.
Again, right on point triple M.

With one exception: He's not wasting time, he's making a TON of money doing the little things. Name me one fighter in boxing today that got paid doing a BS episode in WWF? Next, he will make at least 15 million fighting DLH again.

From the business perspective, add it up .....
2007 - Over 50 million
2008 - {Projected revenue from WWF & DLH II} Over 35+/- Million.

Two Years as PBF = 85 +/- Million.

NAME ME ONE FIGHTER OUT THERE TODAY THAT IS PULLING IN THOSE KING OF NUMBERS ......... OTHER THAN PBF.

So, its easy for the minimum wage earners to scream out instructions for PBF, but how many here are bringing in at least a million per year.

PBF is breaking the bank and he's kicking ass along that way. When all the dust settles, he will be able to retire after taking care of Cotto.

So, for the newbie boxing fans, Cotto will be dealt with when the price is right.

IT'S BUSINESS STUPID!!!!!!

In other words Mayweather has fallen into the lull that many are trapped by: Money.

On the one hand this is prozefighting and if the guy wants to make $$$ that is his right. But he already had a huge payday against DLH added to his wealth so his priority right now should be to take care of Cotto. Hopefully Forbes beats DLH and fucks their plan up.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 19 2008, 04:39 PM) [snapback]386702[/snapback]
In other words Mayweather has fallen into the lull that many are trapped by: Money.

On the one hand this is prozefighting and if the guy wants to make $$$ that is his right. But he already had a huge payday against DLH added to his wealth so his priority right now should be to take care of Cotto. Hopefully Forbes beats DLH and fucks their plan up.

Yes, this is PRIZE-Fighting, so in reality, all boxer's should have that in mind. But, only a few will ever get the opportunity to make 80+ million in their prize fighting careers.

Believe me, I can appreciate the desire of the true boxing fan wanting to witness the best fighting the best. But, reality has to be a major factor. I know several former pro boxer's that were sorely mismanaged, and ended up broke with only the skillset to work as security guards. This is the downside of boxing, and many don't deserve that end. But it is a reality.

That being stated, I cannot blame any boxer that puts money at the forefront.

How many sponsored monetary collections for former boxers have you witnessed?????

So, each boxer has to look after himself ......... PERIOD. Screw what the hardcore fan wants, its about making that money. SELF-FIRST!!!!!

One other point I wanted to make: I believe the main delay with Cotto vs PBF is Arum. There are some unfinished business issues between PBF & Arum. And untill they are resolved, there will be no Cotto vs PBF. That's unfortunate, but its the ugly side of the business of boxing.
Col Reb
My list:

1. Floyd
2. Pac
3. Cal
4. BHOP
5. Haye
6. Cotto
7. Chris John
8. Calderon
9. Winky
10. Marquez

Though I would love to see Floyd go down, I cannot see anyone beating him. Of all the possibilities, I would say these make the toughest fights for Floyd at welter: (Spinks and Forrest would go on here if they dropped weight)

1. Mosley
2. Cotto
3. Margarito
4. Williams
5. Clottey
Thegreatequalizer
the unfortunate thing about arguing about p4p rankings is that it never ends. when someone thinks someone is the p4p best, it's really hard to convince them otherwise.

my list:
1) emanuel augustus
2) emanuel augustus
3) emanuel augustus
4) emaunel augustus
5) glen johnson
6) odlh
7) zab judah
8) chop chop
9) bhop
10) floyd
11) cotto
PFrank313
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 19 2008, 05:39 PM) [snapback]386702[/snapback]

Its not just about PBF money, its the things he is doing.. he is raking in millions by being a boxer.
boxers dont see the kind of wealth he sees..
He has won titles in FIVE weight classes ALREADy, DAMM!!
To all you fans & people that do not know PBF is just 31 ! he has plenty of time to whoop cotto
and whoever else,... just turned 31 in feb! Respect him for his ring smartz & business smartz!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.