Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hopkins 173 - Calzaghe 173
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JD
Some staredown though. Calzaghe seems pretty loose, and Hopkins seems pretty intense...plenty of jawing, some head bumping, and some laughing by Calzaghe.

Both dudes are in TIP TOP.

Getty Images

Reuters

Getty Images

Getty Images
Maxy
Starting to get really hyped for this fight now. I'll need to be cos its going to be a long night if I stay up to watch it....won't start until about 4.30am over here...

173 is about what I figured they'd weigh so no surprise there. I hope its a good fight and I think it will be but I still lean towards Calzaghe to take it on points.
Future_Champ
Frank Warren looks like Jigsaw from Saw.

Hopkins is gonna take this fight over by the 7th round watch!
PR316
Well Calzaghe doesn't seem intimidated, though he's done more talking for this one than other fights. It'll be a competitive scrap thats for sure.
Mean Mister Mustard
Warren looks like a devil. The staredown was intense, it looked like Hopkins wanted to hit Calzaghe in the mouth right then and there.
Elijah
Anyone know if Bernard asked JC what he wanted his last meal to be or is he not doin that anymore?

Also, he is bringin back the mask to wear to the ring for this fight correct?
Elijah
Zab Judah actually rolled a wheelchair out for Shane Mosley to sit in.

Dude just guaranteed himself a loss by brutal KO pullin that crap.
PR316
QUOTE(Elijah @ Apr 18 2008, 11:05 PM) [snapback]386617[/snapback]
Zab Judah actually rolled a wheelchair out for Shane Mosley to sit in.

Dude just guaranteed himself a loss by brutal KO pullin that crap.

Judah is such a mark. The guy had audacity to claim that " softened up Cotto for Mosley." wtf.gif Then he said that the reason De La Hoya and Hopkins weren't around to promote the fight was because "They know its over with." (Is this guy serious?)..

I want Mosley to brutally beat this wannabe thug down.
Elijah
Yep, shit like that is exactly why I hate dude.

He constantly talks shit and keeps gettin his ass beat after doing so.
Douchebag
I kind of like that kind of shit. Zab is still going to get handled.
rusty_trombone
talking shit after getting beat down is pretty funny. judah softened cotto's hands up by hitting them with his face, mosley was lucky.
hardhead
You know I'm one of Calzaghe's biggest haters(but I like to think I give him his due credit) but I was happy to hear him talking about a possible fight with Pavlik in an interview the other day. I think that would be an excellent fight. I'm excited to see how this matchup(Hopkins/Calzaghe) plays out and while I'm not expecting this intense action I'm expecting a tactical fight and I want to see how both of these guys deal with each other's styes...
kidbazooka1
Damn im pumped for this one. I hope Hopkins whoops that ass.
Elijah
Why did Bernard go to jail?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Elijah @ Apr 19 2008, 04:46 AM) [snapback]386660[/snapback]
Why did Bernard go to jail?

Armed Robbery.
D-MARV
B-Hop looks like he going to seriously hurt that man!
xxxxxx
QUOTE(JD @ Apr 18 2008, 05:03 PM) [snapback]386601[/snapback]
Some staredown though. Calzaghe seems pretty loose, and Hopkins seems pretty intense...plenty of jawing, some head bumping, and some laughing by Calzaghe.

Both dudes are in TIP TOP.

Getty Images

Reuters

Getty Images

Getty Images

Hopkins looks great for a 43yr old man who's had over 50 pro fights.I'm pulling for X here, but it's gonna be a close one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.