Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After watching tonight, I'd hate to see BHOP rematch Glen!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
I really think Glen Johnson would handle him in a rematch. I think BHOP should call out Dawson at this point; it is a fight he should win and grab a belt in the process.
BigG
Hopkins-Dawson or Hopkins-RJJ II then call it a career. Hopkins used to be an animal 10 years ago who could fight at a fast pace...now he gets tired and gets by wtih all the skill and ring smarts he has. I think Hopkins could possibly outbox Johnson to a decision.
BrutalBodyShots
I'd take Hopkins over Johnson II by decision. Johnson has a similar style to Calzaghe in that he applies pressure than throws punches. The difference is that Calzaghe is more youthful and has better hand and foot speed. Hopkins would be able to get away with his 35-40 punches per round against Johnson because Johnson is slower and doesn't have the speed to neutralize what Hopkins is doing in there.

Warlord
QUOTE(Col Reb @ Apr 20 2008, 12:18 AM) [snapback]386881[/snapback]
I really think Glen Johnson would handle him in a rematch. I think BHOP should call out Dawson at this point; it is a fight he should win and grab a belt in the process.

I think Hopkins has already stated he's only looking for fights with big name fighters past the age of 35. Chad Dawson fits the bill on neither of those accounts.

I seriously think Jones/Hopkins II is the best match left for both of these fighters. We'll see if it happens though. I imagine not.
BoxingStill#1
I think hopkins looked good,.....

RJ or nothing at all....
Imperius3
Johnson doesn't quite have the speed, footwork, defense, and adaptability that Calzaghe has. Hopkins would also have a big mental advantage since he already has a knockout victory over him. I would take Hopkins by a very clear decison.
Method
You will never have to worry about seeing Hopkins fight Glenn Johnson. It will never happen. There is absolutely no reason for it to happen, either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.