Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dipsy outboxes Lanky
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
Maxy
Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn was accused after his first retirement of avoiding a rematch with Aleksander Alexeev and ducking out of a bout with Lanky "Maxy" Gawn. These reasons were cited as to why he wasn't worthy of a HOF ranking, despite being far and away the most dominant heavyweight of all time. Dipsy was upset at the snub but he didn't dwell on it too long and made a quick comeback intent on seeking out and beating the two names people had suggested he wasn't willing to fight.

The hard punching former cruiserweight champion Alexeev put up a great fight but Dipsy, on the verge of losing his title, planted his feet and knocked out the challenger in the final round in what was one of his finest performances. This victory, coupled with Lanky's destruction over "Iron" set up Lipstick-Lanky and although the fight was between the two best heavyweights ever it was never expected to be a thriller. It wasn't either. Lipstick boxed smart and seemingly had control of the fight despite it being relatively close on the cards. But then, that's a hallmark of Dipsy. Often he would just do what he had to do to win the fights and the fact remains he was NEVER beaten as a heavyweight so now he must surely be inducted into the HOF right?

Lipstick said, "I just do what I do. I get the job done. I beat every heavyweight I ever faced. I was never beaten at heavyweight and I am proud to say with confidence that I am the greatest heavweight of all time. I came back and did what the people asked and now I am retired. I've done it all. I'm proud, I'm HOF."
The CEO
First off....congratulations to Dipsy....he IS HOF worthy....but he is not the "dominating" fighter he claims to be...

If you look at his and Lanky's results...round per round....the decision could have easily gone Lanky's way...just like many other of Lipstick's victories have played out...when Dipsy says, "I just do what I do."...that translates to, "I get Ws."...which is the most important thing....I guess...

You have to remember...Dipsy had better stats than Lanky all along...and Maxy was very familiar with Lanky seeing how he created and built him into a champion...Dipsy was his Ace, and Lanky was his #2 man....

I think this fight showed how great Lanky is...and how great my skills as a trainer can be....Lanky fought his ass off last night....overcoming all the odds to produce a drawlike fight.

Maxy
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 20 2008, 08:02 AM) [snapback]386931[/snapback]
First off....congratulations to Dipsy....he IS HOF worthy....but he is not the "dominating" fighter he claims to be...

If you look at his and Lanky's results...round per round....the decision could have easily gone Lanky's way...just like many other of Lipstick's victories have played out...when Dipsy says, "I just do what I do."...that translates to, "I get Ws."...which is the most important thing....I guess...

You have to remember...Dipsy had better stats than Lanky all along...and Maxy was very familiar with Lanky seeing how he created and built him into a champion...Dipsy was his Ace, and Lanky was his #2 man....

I think this fight showed how great Lanky is...and how great my skills as a trainer can be....Lanky fought his ass off last night....overcoming all the odds to produce a drawlike fight.

Dipsy was the fighter I never took much notice of early in his career. I just left him to it for quite a while but I noticed he kept getting good results...eventually I started matching him with Lanky in sparring and to my surprise he consistently got the job done, outboxing his then gym mate. There were fight plans I had that Lanky could use to beat Dipsy but the majority of the time Dipsy would outscore him.

In the build up to this fight I was unsure which plan to use. I was wary of an ultra aggressive Lanky (not All out cos that don't work) but I always knew that Dipsy had the speed, agility and stamina advantages. Lanky was, as it turned out, the blue-print for what Dipsy became but it was achieved accidentally.

I think Lanky will continue to be a threat to any heavyweight for quite some time. He is tall, which makes him difficult to outbox and without giving anything away, his stats are very impressive for a heavyweight. Under your guidance he can achieve a lot more. I tip him to beat Holyfield impressively on Sunday.

Oh and thanks for the HOF recognition. It's about time someone respected him and his accomplishments.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.