Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What should Hopkins do now?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
The CEO
Vote and discuss if you like...

I think he should retire...his Legacy is secured....and even in a losing effort last night, it's still not tainted...he's with Golden Boy...he could get into training and help the young boys out....he's set for life financially.
The CEO
I messed the poll up..."retire." is the 1st option....could someone fix that for me please...
D-MARV
He needs to retire. Maybe he can have a farewell fight in Philly but not against any top guys. His legacy is secured and he has nothing to prove. I wouldn't go afte RJJ. I think RJJ would beat him too. And that would be hard on BHOP. HE is a legend in my eyes and years from now America will know who BHOP was! They wont know who Joe Calzaghe was and prolly wont know who Jermain Taylor was.
BHOP... Retire man. You are a Legend!
The CEO
Yeah...I think it's best he retires...don't forget to vote when the option becomes available, damarvelous....
imperial
Was their a rematch clause ? He could fight the winner of the Jones /Calzaghe fight ..Something tells me this loss will not sit well with Bernard ..
JD
Retire.

He would probably be 44 by the time he got in the ring again...if he MUST fight, take someone soft for a farewell fight. The Jones fight will never happen.
The CEO
probably no rematch clause....idk...and if Jones were to somehow get the fight made with Calzaghe and WIN...he'd want that 60/40....lol
D-MARV
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 20 2008, 12:08 PM) [snapback]386954[/snapback]
probably no rematch clause....idk...and if Jones were to somehow get the fight made with Calzaghe and WIN...he'd want that 60/40....lol

lol
The CEO
QUOTE(JD @ Apr 20 2008, 12:06 PM) [snapback]386953[/snapback]
if he MUST fight, take someone soft for a farewell fight. The Jones fight will never happen.

I'd hate to be the soft touch fighting him in that one...lol....and thanks for the fix if that was you....or Akay...or whoever...
JD
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 20 2008, 12:11 PM) [snapback]386956[/snapback]
I'd hate to be the soft touch fighting him in that one...lol....and thanks for the fix if that was you....or Akay...or whoever...

No fix here...

I don't think there are a whole lot of options left for Hopkins now. His legacy is secure...not much left to do really, especially in his mid 40's.
The CEO
I bet this thread is pissing some Joe Cool fans off....lol...reminding them he got an SD over an old Hopkins on his way out...
JD
The fight itself was not the most impressive, BUT, Calzaghe is certainly mentally tougher then a lot of people give him credit for. No fade in the guy, and he is not intimidated inside or outside the ring.

The CEO
I won't argue that at all.
Bill The Butcher
I think he should retire. He is 43 years old. He has accomplished a lot. He proved that he can still fight at the age of 43 with the best. Not many fighters can say that. He solidified his place in boxing history. No doubt he is a future Hall of Famer. He shouldn't judge whether what he is going to do, based off the outcome of the Calzaghe fight. He fought a good fight. He felt he won, and a lot of people thought he won the fight. People could EASILY argue he won the fight. And based off ESPN and Yahoo sports to name a couple, scored the fight for Hopkins (Correct me if I'm wrong). I'm a huge Hopkins fan and I would hate to see him retire, because he is my favorite fighter to watch. I respect him for what he has accomplished in the ring and what he has been through in his life, and made the necessary changes to overcome them. For me, boxing will have less life without Bernard Hopkins.

Hopkins don't let boxing retire you. Retire from boxing.
Spyder
It was actually Hopkins that got intimidated from around the fourth round on.

It's obvious that he no longer has that "fight" in him. He needs to hang 'em up...
Byrd Man
I lost all respect for Hopkins (not that I ever really cared much about him to start with) when he went back on his promise to his mother to retire by (I believe it was) 40. And then he was like "well, it's by my 41st birthday to be exact" and then it's "well, she wouldn't mind"

Fuck that. He's proven himself to be a liar, a race baiter, and all around asshole.

People wanna pick out the fact that he came up from hard times and shit like that, so what? Tons of boxers do that shit. Tons of ATHLETES do that shit. Make something from nothing.

He's a scumbag as far as I'm concerned, and I could give a shit what he does.
BigG
Retire. It's the perfect time to leave the sport...weather you like Hopkins or not, you must respect his accomplishments.
Col Reb
I think BHOP needs to go out with a win. He should go after another big name or win a belt. There are several options at LHW: Dawson, Byrd, at Jones come to mind.
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE(Col Reb @ Apr 20 2008, 02:32 PM) [snapback]386980[/snapback]
I think BHOP needs to go out with a win. He should go after another big name or win a belt. There are several options at LHW: Dawson, Byrd, at Jones come to mind.

i think b-hop has a good chance against dawson. what i've seen of him his style reminds me of a younger tarver, which is a bad style if you're fighting hopkins. but dawson's youth might be too much for b-hop at his age. i think byrd would be a bad idea. i also remember b-hop and jones talking shit to each other and both wanting a rematch and hbo wasn't interested. i doubt they'd be interested now. though i would like to see it. i think b-hop probably wins that.

but what i think is that if bernard wanted one more fight i think he should fight miranda. a lot of people seem to be pretty scared of him and bernard would beat him pretty easily. it would make him look good and he would be going out against a feared guy.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Apr 20 2008, 02:05 PM) [snapback]386975[/snapback]
I lost all respect for Hopkins (not that I ever really cared much about him to start with) when he went back on his promise to his mother to retire by (I believe it was) 40. And then he was like "well, it's by my 41st birthday to be exact" and then it's "well, she wouldn't mind"

Fuck that. He's proven himself to be a liar, a race baiter, and all around asshole.

People wanna pick out the fact that he came up from hard times and shit like that, so what? Tons of boxers do that shit. Tons of ATHLETES do that shit. Make something from nothing.

Thats cool, but at the end of the day Bernard Hopkins will HAVE DONE MORE TO THE SPORT THAN CHRIS BYRD HAS EVER DONE!
Say what you want about Bernard Hopkins...
Bernard Hopkins= LEGEND
Chris Byrd= very good boxer
puma
I think Bernard should retire. However if Jones should beat Calzaghe, I say take that fight and then retire.
I as an African/American I was truly disappointed by Bernard's "white boy" statement.
I'm certain he will say that was a ploy to bill up the gate. I feel that such a statement coming from a sports legend was both inappropriate and juvenile and the wrong message to be sent to America's youth. $$$ isn't everything and according to Bernard he is already rich and a man of honor. Those kind of comments are not worthy of a champion.
Despite that I still respect Bernard's fighting ability and what he has done with his life.
Byrd Man
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Apr 20 2008, 03:06 PM) [snapback]386986[/snapback]
Thats cool, but at the end of the day Bernard Hopkins will HAVE DONE MORE TO THE SPORT THAN CHRIS BYRD HAS EVER DONE!
Say what you want about Bernard Hopkins...
Bernard Hopkins= LEGEND
Chris Byrd= very good boxer

The fuck does Chris Byrd have to do with this topic? NOTHING.

You can get all butthurt over what I said, and act like I'm taking away from his accomplishments all you want. And you can throw out that dig against Byrd as if that's gonna rile me up or something, all you want as well.

I've never said word one about his accomplishments which you can't argue against. Never said shit about him not being a great boxer. His legacy was set before this fight and still is. One of the best ever, admittedly.

That being said, he's still a piece of shit.

And since you dragged Byrd into this, you can compare their boxing careers and say that Hopkins was better, and that's obvious.

However as a MAN. As a human being, Byrd is 10 times the man that Hopkins is.

Byrd doesn't disrespect his opponents. He doesn't degrade them, throw out racist slurs against them. He doesn't go on record as having made a promise to his now deceased mother, and then go back on it, making bullshit excuses for why.

Byrd isn't the one being accused by his nephew of blocking him from getting a signing bonus with GoldenBoy productions, because he's got a disagreement with him.

So yeah. Byrd's career accomplishments are not what B-Hop's is, I admit that.

But he's a better man and human being than Hopkins ever was or ever will be.

D-MARV
I really think it's pretty shitty that some people think that Bernard Hopkins is a bad guy. The "whiteboy" remark was a little overboard but i dont think he is racist at all. He used that to sell the fight and to gain some psychological advantage over his opponent.
It would be a shame for people to remeber Hopkins for the "whiteboy" incident or the "puerto rican flag" incident rather than the man Bernard truly is. This is the same man that hands out scholarships to kids who can't afford to go to college. This is the same man who has bought computers for schools all over Philadelphia and builds playgrounds. This is the same guy who Every Weekend (when not working) goes back to his childhood neighborhood and Host block Partys and plays pick up games of basketball in order to keep the children out of trouble.
This is a man who turned his life around and does any and everything he can to ensure that the youth does not make the same mistakes that he made. I praise any man that does that. I for one believe that along with his abilities in the ring, his contributes outside of the ring is what makes this man a Legend.

And what gives any man on this board the right to downgrade the character of a man the you dont even know! Do you know Bernard? Are you his Brother? Mother? Father? Have you ever shook his hand? better yet, Has Bernard ever done anything to you? If not, you need to shut the hell up, cuz you sir, are full of shit!
Byrd Man
lol @ the anger.

Look, let me put it to you this way.

This guy could be the greatest motherfucker known to man in his private life. He could be curing cancer, and Aids and fucking chickenpox all in the same day.

That doesn't take away from the persona that all of us see. And that persona, at least, is a piece of shit.

Same with Floyd Mayweather Jr. Flat out disrespectful to everyone that he has ever faced. Sure, he gives money to fund the Golden Gloves tournament, and should be commended for that.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that the dude is a classless bum and should not be mentioned with the all-time greats, because he continously ducks anyone of threat to him and his perfect record and his self-assessed view as the greatest fighter to ever lace up the gloves.

I'm not denying that Bernard has probably done some good shit in his life. That's to be commended.

But you know a lot of evil people in this world have done good for SOMEONE, so that's not exactly the best defense to lay out.

Fucking Nino Brown gave turkeys out to the neighborhood and the poor people who couldnt' afford to get thanksgiving turkeys, while simultaneously destroying that same community with his drugs.

Fictional character, sure, but it illustrates my point. Just because someone does something good, or a lot of good, doesn't take away from the bad or the negative that he has done.

And when you throw out comments like he did with the "White Boy" comment, that's bullshit. I'm sure he WAS saying it to pump up the fight, but that doesn't give him a pass for using it in the first place.

Just like it doesn't give Mayorga a pass for slandering De La Hoya's wife and his sexuality, when they were leading up to THAT fight. He came out and said he was sorry and he was just hyping the fight, but it doesn't matter. You don't say shit like that to start with, if you don't want your legacy to be defined by it.
PR316
Fight Chad Dawson. He'd beat the hell out of him IMO.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Apr 20 2008, 04:21 PM) [snapback]386993[/snapback]
lol @ the anger.

Look, let me put it to you this way.

This guy could be the greatest motherfucker known to man in his private life. He could be curing cancer, and Aids and fucking chickenpox all in the same day.

That doesn't take away from the persona that all of us see. And that persona, at least, is a piece of shit.

Same with Floyd Mayweather Jr. Flat out disrespectful to everyone that he has ever faced. Sure, he gives money to fund the Golden Gloves tournament, and should be commended for that.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that the dude is a classless bum and should not be mentioned with the all-time greats, because he continously ducks anyone of threat to him and his perfect record and his self-assessed view as the greatest fighter to ever lace up the gloves.

I'm not denying that Bernard has probably done some good shit in his life. That's to be commended.

But you know a lot of evil people in this world have done good for SOMEONE, so that's not exactly the best defense to lay out.

Fucking Nino Brown gave turkeys out to the neighborhood and the poor people who couldnt' afford to get thanksgiving turkeys, while simultaneously destroying that same community with his drugs.

Fictional character, sure, but it illustrates my point. Just because someone does something good, or a lot of good, doesn't take away from the bad or the negative that he has done.

And when you throw out comments like he did with the "White Boy" comment, that's bullshit. I'm sure he WAS saying it to pump up the fight, but that doesn't give him a pass for using it in the first place.

Just like it doesn't give Mayorga a pass for slandering De La Hoya's wife and his sexuality, when they were leading up to THAT fight. He came out and said he was sorry and he was just hyping the fight, but it doesn't matter. You don't say shit like that to start with, if you don't want your legacy to be defined by it.

What does Nino Brown have to do with Bernard Hopkins? What does Floyd Mayweather ducking fighters have to do with Bernard Hopkins?
Now you're comparing Bernard Hopkins to a Drugloard? Not only that, but now you're calling BHop an evil person???
Because he disrespects opponents that he is about to fight?
Was Muhammad Ali a piece of shit? James Toney?
I mean if you put it like that then over half the boxers out are pieces of shit! You gotta help me out dude. What makes Bernard Hopkins a piece of Shit. Throughout his boxing career He never threw a fight, never use steroids, never ran from anyone.
Byrd Man
1. I'm not calling him evil.
2. I'm not calling him a druglord
3. The comparisons were only in regards to you saying that since he's done good in his life, he should just be given a pass on any negativity, and no one should ever remember that when recalling his legacy.

Unfortunately when people get into a discussion, and someone makes a comparison, there are those that take the drastic angle of thinking that a comparison is made 100% across the board to those two people.

And I'm not saying that at all. In the grand scheme of things, Bernard Hopkins is not the worst person to ever put gloves on. He's not the worst person to ever walk this earth.

However, I was making a point in that this guy, in my opinion, is not that great a guy as far as who we get to see. And I drew the comparison to Floyd Mayweather because he is another person, who while he does good things, he does a lot of things that cause people to hate him. He thrives on that. He WANTS people to hate him. And that goes into a whole nother post for another time.

But my feeling is that just because someone does something good, or even does a lot of good, that doesn't mean we never get to bring up anything he's ever done to deserve negative attention again.

It reminds me of, but not entirely, how when people pass on, that somehow we're not allowed to ever bring up bad shit that they did. When you die, you're an angel. A Saint. When Reagan died, you would have thought he was Jesus who had never done anything wrong to anyone. Now most people knew that that was not the case, but I understand the idea behind it, I just think it makes no sense to misrepresent someone.

You celebrate a person, flaws and all. It's what makes them human beings.

And as I said, Bernard's not the worst person to come around. And perhaps the "piece of shit" line was a bit much, but the bottom line is, he definitely threw out the racist slurs. Whether or not he's a racist, I don't know. That's between him and God, as far as I'm concerned. But the very idea that he would even say that, even to hype a fight, lets me know at least that those thoughts are in there.

Just like I didn't think it was cool how they marketed Cooney as "the Great White Hype". That's a racist label that people lay on to any white guy who happens to be half way decent at fighting. And it marginalizes the fighter.

As for Ali and Toney (don't get me started on Toney now), I agree that boxing has always had the trash talk. okay I get that.

But with the exception of a few times with Ali, it was all jokes. Everyone involved knew it was jokes. They knew this guy was a good person, and that he didn't mean the stuff he said, and it was generally just goofing around, good clean trashtalking.

Now when he fought Frazier, that's when it really got ugly, and I didn't care for that. That was over the line, and there were obviously personal issues there.

I'm just someone who doesn't care for the abusive behavior towards your opponents.

And to bring Byrd back here since he was introduced, look at how he treats people. He's respectful of the people he fights, he doesn't duck anyone, he doesn't trash talk, and degrade someone, and call them a faggot or whatever, (re: mayorga) or say racist shit against them, even if it's just to hype a fight.

Now is Byrd perfect, no of course not. Nobody is. There was only one perfect person in this world's history, and none of us or anyone we know are it.
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE(PR316 @ Apr 20 2008, 04:33 PM) [snapback]386995[/snapback]
Fight Chad Dawson. He'd beat the hell out of him IMO.

Then what?.....you see,....he NEEDS a fight with Roy,..... to solidify his legacy,...revenge his loss......Then retire
Byrd Man
QUOTE(BoxingStill#1 @ Apr 20 2008, 07:21 PM) [snapback]387021[/snapback]
Then what?.....you see,....he NEEDS a fight with Roy,..... to solidify his legacy,...revenge his loss......Then retire

His legacy is secure.

He doesn't need to defeat a fighter who's way past his prime to secure his legacy, it's already secured. In the ring no one can question Hopkins, no matter what happened with Calzaghe or Taylor.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Apr 20 2008, 05:18 PM) [snapback]387005[/snapback]
1. I'm not calling him evil.
2. I'm not calling him a druglord
3. The comparisons were only in regards to you saying that since he's done good in his life, he should just be given a pass on any negativity, and no one should ever remember that when recalling his legacy.

Unfortunately when people get into a discussion, and someone makes a comparison, there are those that take the drastic angle of thinking that a comparison is made 100% across the board to those two people.

And I'm not saying that at all. In the grand scheme of things, Bernard Hopkins is not the worst person to ever put gloves on. He's not the worst person to ever walk this earth.

However, I was making a point in that this guy, in my opinion, is not that great a guy as far as who we get to see. And I drew the comparison to Floyd Mayweather because he is another person, who while he does good things, he does a lot of things that cause people to hate him. He thrives on that. He WANTS people to hate him. And that goes into a whole nother post for another time.

But my feeling is that just because someone does something good, or even does a lot of good, that doesn't mean we never get to bring up anything he's ever done to deserve negative attention again.

It reminds me of, but not entirely, how when people pass on, that somehow we're not allowed to ever bring up bad shit that they did. When you die, you're an angel. A Saint. When Reagan died, you would have thought he was Jesus who had never done anything wrong to anyone. Now most people knew that that was not the case, but I understand the idea behind it, I just think it makes no sense to misrepresent someone.

You celebrate a person, flaws and all. It's what makes them human beings.

And as I said, Bernard's not the worst person to come around. And perhaps the "piece of shit" line was a bit much, but the bottom line is, he definitely threw out the racist slurs. Whether or not he's a racist, I don't know. That's between him and God, as far as I'm concerned. But the very idea that he would even say that, even to hype a fight, lets me know at least that those thoughts are in there.

Just like I didn't think it was cool how they marketed Cooney as "the Great White Hype". That's a racist label that people lay on to any white guy who happens to be half way decent at fighting. And it marginalizes the fighter.

As for Ali and Toney (don't get me started on Toney now), I agree that boxing has always had the trash talk. okay I get that.

But with the exception of a few times with Ali, it was all jokes. Everyone involved knew it was jokes. They knew this guy was a good person, and that he didn't mean the stuff he said, and it was generally just goofing around, good clean trashtalking.

Now when he fought Frazier, that's when it really got ugly, and I didn't care for that. That was over the line, and there were obviously personal issues there.

I'm just someone who doesn't care for the abusive behavior towards your opponents.

And to bring Byrd back here since he was introduced, look at how he treats people. He's respectful of the people he fights, he doesn't duck anyone, he doesn't trash talk, and degrade someone, and call them a faggot or whatever, (re: mayorga) or say racist shit against them, even if it's just to hype a fight.

Now is Byrd perfect, no of course not. Nobody is. There was only one perfect person in this world's history, and none of us or anyone we know are it.

I have nothing bad to say about Byrd! I brought him up to get a response out of you. I know your a fan of his and I'm a fan of BHop. Of course no one is perfect but I thought it was too much to consider Hopkins a piece of shit. He done alot of good and he's done some bad. But in my opinion the good outweighs the bad by alot. I respect him and admire him in alot of ways. Just think about it! if some was to come on and say Chris Byrd is a piece of shit or anybody that you admire, Im sure you would Have to defend him too.
No Hard Feelings
Byrd Man
I understand. And no hard feelings at all.

Besides, in the span of about 2 hours, I've done the following:

1. Found a "hack" to bypass the time limits on Megaupload files, so I can download as many as I want, without having to wait 2 hours or whatever in between. I just have to download one at a time and wait til it finishes before starting the next. but they got about 400-500k in speed!

2. I've found an absolute GOLDMINE in Breaks aka Original songs sampled for Hip Hop albums. I've gotten the samples used for Dr. Dre's The Chronic, Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle, Biggie's Life after Death AND Ready to Die, Common's Be, Puffy's "No Way Out" and Erykah Badu. Still got some Kanye to download.

Ahhhh, God bless the internet.

At this point, I'm like fuck it, B-Hop for President! lol
D-MARV
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Apr 20 2008, 08:48 PM) [snapback]387026[/snapback]
I understand. And no hard feelings at all.

Besides, in the span of about 2 hours, I've done the following:

1. Found a "hack" to bypass the time limits on Megaupload files, so I can download as many as I want, without having to wait 2 hours or whatever in between. I just have to download one at a time and wait til it finishes before starting the next. but they got about 400-500k in speed!

2. I've found an absolute GOLDMINE in Breaks aka Original songs sampled for Hip Hop albums. I've gotten the samples used for Dr. Dre's The Chronic, Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle, Biggie's Life after Death AND Ready to Die, Common's Be, Puffy's "No Way Out" and Erykah Badu. Still got some Kanye to download.

Ahhhh, God bless the internet.

At this point, I'm like fuck it, B-Hop for President! lol

you've accomplished alot in 2 hours! LOL
dbdbdb
RETIRE!!!

Honestly, I believe he should have retired after the Tarver fight. It would have been a great ending to a great career. I give him props for taking on Calslappy, but I think that was a fight he shouldn't have pursued.

WHY??

Because now, he finds himself in the same predictament as Mosley and DLH. Trying to end their careers on a high note. While at the same time, father age is stalking them madly. The odds of B-Hop winning in spectacular fashion again have diminished to the point of no return.

B-Hop let a golden opportunity pass by. How many fighter's with his record had the chance of ending their career winning another championship belt in a heavier weight class. That was his chance to go out after accomplishing something major ........... and he let it slip.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Apr 20 2008, 10:05 PM) [snapback]387038[/snapback]
RETIRE!!!

Honestly, I believe he should have retired after the Tarver fight. It would have been a great ending to a great career. I give him props for taking on Calslappy, but I think that was a fight he shouldn't have pursued.

WHY??

Because now, he finds himself in the same predictament as Mosley and DLH. Trying to end their careers on a high note. While at the same time, father age is stalking them madly. The odds of B-Hop winning in spectacular fashion again have diminished to the point of no return.

B-Hop let a golden opportunity pass by. How many fighter's with his record had the chance of ending their career winning another championship belt in a heavier weight class. That was his chance to go out after accomplishing something major ........... and he let it slip.

I agree but I put myself in his shoes and wonder how I could retire off a performance like that without thinking what else I could accomplish. But now it is itime to retire and while he will have an L in his last fight at least he gave it a shot and went on to see just how far he could go.
Boxingjunkie
Hopkins should take one more fight then retire with a win. He has nothing left to prove just go out with a win. Hopkins is a legend in the sport and has always been one of my favorites.

Byrd Man you make a good point about Hopkins throwing racial slurs around. Most people just laughed it off but it would be front page news and we would still be talking about it if Joe would have said the same thing to Hopkins. It was wrong. It obviously didnt help ticket sales. Notice he didnt say anything about it after the fight. He should apologize to Joe even in defeat.
sweetchuck
Once you see the video of the press conference you will know that Hopkins is done. He spoke as if he is now satisfied with his career and won't be fighting again. I've been trying to up load it so Hype can put it up, but my connection has been doing some strange stuff.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Apr 20 2008, 02:05 PM) [snapback]386975[/snapback]

I wish I had four hands so I could give this post four thumbs down......................Just My Opinion.....LOL
Tha Docta
bernard hopkins would never let his wife screw him with a strap on like chris byrd does with his wife. and that is why i think hopkins is a better man that byrd.
Mean Mister Mustard
Hopkins could must likely beat guys like Dawson and Johnson, I think his stamina is pretty good. Yes he got tired but at least it was against one of the most energetic fighters in the world and the fight was still close.

Hopkins should retire knowing that he has accomplished far more than what was expected of him (the Tarver and Wright victories were the icing on the cake).
Method
Rematch Calzaghe or don't fight again.

He won't get Jones.

Team Calzaghe ain't gonna wanna go down that road again.

He'd prob stop or out box Dawson, but no one would care because, frankly, who the fuck is Dawson.

There is really NO FIGHT out there for Hopkins.

He is not gonna get a rematch with Calzaghe.

They (HBO, Warren, Team Calzaghe) are going to wanna ring the register with a Jones fight. Won't mean as much as a W over Hopkins, but they'll try to spin it, and who could blame em. Need to cash out.

As far as Im concerned, Hopkins IS retired....and has been. If there's a good fight to fight, then I could see it, but other than a rematch with Joe, who's out there? I don't see anybody.

No need for a farewell bout because Tarver was that.
Byrd Man
On another site they have an "exclusive" interview with Bernard Hopkins under the title "Bernard Hopkins Retires"

Could this be the end? Time will tell....
Byrd Man
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Apr 21 2008, 10:21 AM) [snapback]387069[/snapback]
bernard hopkins would never let his wife screw him with a strap on like chris byrd does with his wife. and that is why i think hopkins is a better man that byrd.

This is at least the third or fourth time someone on here has mentioned Byrd's wife gettin' him with a strapon since I've been a member here. Perhaps some of you have some latent issues you need to work through. dntknw.gif
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ Apr 21 2008, 03:56 PM) [snapback]387112[/snapback]
This is at least the third or fourth time someone on here has mentioned Byrd's wife gettin' him with a strapon since I've been a member here. Perhaps some of you have some latent issues you need to work through. dntknw.gif

ive seen his wife on tv and i doubt she really hits him off with a strap on because i thought i saw what appeared to be the outline of testicles through her shorts. she is giving him the real thing.
Byrd Man
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Apr 21 2008, 04:31 PM) [snapback]387121[/snapback]
ive seen his wife on tv and i doubt she really hits him off with a strap on because i thought i saw what appeared to be the outline of testicles through her shorts. she is giving him the real thing.

Just saying....you might be destined for playing for the other team. Not that that's a bad thing or anything, just saying it seems to be a preoccupation with you.
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Apr 21 2008, 03:31 PM) [snapback]387121[/snapback]

Why do people have to say such childish crap. This is a prime example of parents not monitoring their childrens internet activities.
Byrd Man
exactly.

They can't say anything about someone's character and what kinda man they are as a person, so they attack his wife, and his own sexuality.

It's quite pathetic to be honest, but hey...it's the internet. It brings all the shit out that most people wouldn't say in real life.

Plus comments like that were designed to irritate and make me upset, which it didn't do. I just laugh at people stupid enough to type something like that, and actually think it impacts another person.

Just a bitter Hopkins fan, is all.
The CEO
Byrd Man...you know I said the same thing Docta said a while back....yeah...I wanted to fuck with you a little because you were new and all about Byrd....lol...but you gotta admit...it's a realistic perception people can have about Chris and his wife.....she is very aggressive and mannish....yellin' all the time...she even sports the classic dyke look/uniform....the vest showing her guns...pants...short bleach blonde cut with her dark roots showing....all that shit....lol

Anyway...I'll give you this as a nice gesture...she probably doesn't stab him in the booty....

laugh.gif

Fitz
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 22 2008, 01:00 PM) [snapback]387173[/snapback]
Byrd Man...you know I said the same thing Docta said a while back....yeah...I wanted to fuck with you a little because you were new and all about Byrd....lol...but you gotta admit...it's a realistic perception people can have about Chris and his wife.....she is very aggressive and mannish....yellin' all the time...she even sports the classic dyke look/uniform....the vest showing her guns...pants...short bleach blonde cut with her dark roots showing....all that shit....lol

Anyway...I'll give you this as a nice gesture...she probably doesn't stab him in the booty....

laugh.gif

That is such the typical cliche dyke look. I can imagine her in skin tight biker jeans with the ass cheeks cut out.
Byrd Man
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 21 2008, 11:00 PM) [snapback]387173[/snapback]

laugh.gif

1. Yeah I realize that's why you said it (much like why Docta said it) and it's not a big deal. I didn't take offense or anything, as if you insult Byrd and that's somehow a slap at my own security or something.

2. No, I don't see how it's a realistic perception of him and his wife. I think it's a disgusting thing to say about someone, based on your own ideas of what someone looks like or whatever. Should she he anorexic or something like some of these hollywood bimbos? Should she be all dainty and reserved like the women of old? Staying in the background, seen and never heard? She's a vocal supporter of Chris, and she is very supportive of him. Since when is that a negative.

3. And I don't look at people and say "oh she has short hair, and wears certain clothes, so she's a lesbian" or whatever. Personally I think that's kinda stupid and shows a lack of intelligence, but that's just my own opinion.

And I'm not saying that to diss you or Docta, I'm just stating it as my own opinion.

And it all goes back to a sense of homophobia that runs through a lot of people's comments that I see. Everything's "gay this" or "fag" that when reading the various message boards with boxing fans, to insinuate that someone is less than a man, all because those fighters didn't live up to these idiots expectations of how they should fight, or whatever.

The CEO
I hope you can tell I'm being cool with you....you come across as a nice guy.....I want you to know I'm not being an asshole when I say the following........when a poster at a Boxing forum outwardly proclaims their great admiration for a fighter...like you do...to that extent...they leave themselves open for jabs and cheap shots at their hero.....I mean...what's worse than a straight male hearing that one of their icons take it up the ass?..lol

For example.....I used to have a friend who was all about the actor, Steve McQueen....and I like McQueen....he has the reputation of being a Man's Man...I respect him and appreciate his work....well...after hearing this guy go on and on about him...I HAD to fuck with him...

so I asked him if he knew about Ali McGraw's (his wife) memoirs....he didn't know of them because they didn't exist...so I proceeded to tell him that McQueen was into cock on the down low....and that McGraw said he used to bring other men home to her, and they would all just get in a pile not giving a damn who was touching who....lol....dude was in disbelief...devastated....later on I told him I was joking...that's what bros do sometimes....we rib each other...

Anyway...as you age and gain experience, I know you will begin to judge and profile more and more....effortlessly....and if you wanna have fun and a tight defense....you need to know that Hate is where it's at...lol

and for the record...I'm not homophobic...I don't use the word "gay" or "fag" that often because it's been played out for years...those words don't have much impact anymore...

Eddie Murphy really sums it up best...

"I like to make fun of homosexuals...because they homosexual."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.