Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what do y'all think of this mantle?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
caneman
there will be more pics of this job to come if y'all like them but i trimmed out this whole home(about 2300 foot of trim & crown mold plus i did this mantle! any feedback?
Mean Mister Mustard
I know jack shit about construction other than if it stays up it's good.

That looks great by the way.
The CEO
Nice work, cane.....

If there's one thing I'm not...it's a handy man...I can change the oil in my car and put together a ready made entertainment center....and that's about the pinnacle of my skills...
Fitz
I'm going to have to change 2 of my car tyres. First I'm going to have to go buy 2 more. Some asshole slashed all the tyres in my street a few weeks back. Got 2 of mine. I may as well do that today.
The CEO
man...talk about a guy hatin' on the hood...lol

I just got some Kumho tires btw....they're great for their price range....
Fitz
I just asked the guy for the cheapest tyres he's got, lol.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Apr 22 2008, 02:36 AM) [snapback]387163[/snapback]
I'm going to have to change 2 of my car tyres. First I'm going to have to go buy 2 more. Some asshole slashed all the tyres in my street a few weeks back. Got 2 of mine. I may as well do that today.

Thats what happens when you live in the land of Underbelly laugh.gif
BGv2.0
Excellent work! I've put up moulding but not that damn much! lol I notice the windows and floor look white, will it be white or are your going to put a wood stain on it?

Since my Father passed away I've been renovating my parent's house, getting it ready to put on the market. I started in October of 06 and have completed a entirely new carport, I've done the kitchen and the downstairs bathroom and am currently doing the dining room. We have also had the foundation repaired (that was a bitch! and expensive as all hell) and a new roof.

Some of those projects have been hell....both required ripping out old floors and putting in new ones and the bathroom required removing a cast iron tub from the 30s....

All of this work I've done by myself and the worst was that damn bathroom....

Removing that tub made use of every work out session I've ever engaged in! lol I could have just smashed it up...but I wanted to keep it intact.

After I finish the dining room...all I have is some light drywall work in an upstiars bedroom....a whole other bathroom upstairs (which is not so bad as the plumbing is in the garage as opposed to under the damn house...which I HATE having to get under!)

Then I'm done...a few small yard projects and I can put it on the market!

When it's all said and done it will be about 3 years of hard work. THEN...I can start on the projects I want to take care of on my own home! lol
caneman
Working on homes will never end...especially when you are trying to semi upgrade or do repairs. Bathrooms will always be the worse, between mildew & aall that nasty shit it will always suck ass. On that floor, it's red oak #2(which sucks) cause golden oak is probably the best color unless there are stains from water or pets. I like special walnut in the case cuase it actually covers well.
Good luck on finishing you project bro & i'll be posting more pics even if you are the only one that gives a damn! lol!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.