Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Nas song.
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Douchebag
Be a NIGGER too.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Fitz @ Apr 23 2008, 11:41 AM) [snapback]387380[/snapback]
"Nigger" is racist. Should have been "Nigga", that would have been ok.

Definitely racist and offensive but it is something that needs to be addressed here in the US. I just hope that he does the title justice on this LP.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Apr 23 2008, 10:46 AM) [snapback]387381[/snapback]
Definitely racist and offensive but it is something that needs to be addressed here in the US. I just hope that he does the title justice on this LP.

What needs to be adressed? Niggers?

The song is pretty good. I like Nas. One of the GOATS.
Douchebag
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ Apr 23 2008, 11:48 AM) [snapback]387382[/snapback]
What needs to be adressed? Niggers?

The song is pretty good. I like Nas. One of the GOATS.

A word is just a word so I really don't think that the word NIGGER is going to be what the whole album is about but more so the thought pattern and history that gives this word it's relevance. I mean why should this one word carry so much weight? It's definitely a powerful statement.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Apr 23 2008, 10:57 AM) [snapback]387385[/snapback]
A word is just a word so I really don't think that the word NIGGER is going to be what the whole album is about but more so the thought pattern and history that gives this word it's relevance. I mean why should this one word carry so much weight? It's definitely a powerful statement.

OK, fair enough.

Love the way he sticks up for Em for saying Nigger.....calls Eminem his 'Nigga' and a 'cracker', lol.
BigG
Good song...nice track lyrically and decent beat..but I'm still waiting for Nas to do something with Premo and AZ.
KookedKrack
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Apr 24 2008, 02:31 PM) [snapback]387538[/snapback]
Good song...nice track lyrically and decent beat..but I'm still waiting for Nas to do something with Premo and AZ.

those days are long gone you will most likely end up hearing him on another track with jay-z
BGv2.0
I have a little band, we release albums on a small budget, the newest of which is titled

"NIGGER, Porch Monkey, Coon, Jigaboo, Darkey, Spook, Moon Cricket.....I'm taking it all back"

PM me for orders.

I really wanted to make a statement with this last one.....let the people know that we have got to be serious about racial issues.

On the inside sleeve of the CD I'm posed in blackface, with a black buddy of mine posed in white face representing the hate that still dwells in us all...white or black.

Then when you take out the disc, it shows us giving a high five while a Mexican and Oriental toss water on us washing away the paint (and with it the hate)!

I'm quite happy with it.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Apr 27 2008, 02:49 AM) [snapback]387777[/snapback]
I have a little band, we release albums on a small budget, the newest of which is titled

"NIGGER, Porch Monkey, Coon, Jigaboo, Darkey, Moon Cricket.....I'm taking it all back"
PM me for orders.

I really wanted to make a statement with this last one.....let the people know that we have got to be serious about racial issues.

On the inside sleeve of the CD I'm posed in blackface, with a black buddy of mine posed in white face representing the hate that still dwells in us all...white or black.

Then when you take out the disc, it shows us giving a high five while a Mexican and Oriental toss water on us washing away the paint (and with it the hate)!

I'm quite happy with it.

laugh.gif

Hahahahahaaa.....

The whole world should just hug each other.
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Apr 27 2008, 03:49 AM) [snapback]387777[/snapback]

"NIGGER, Porch Monkey, Coon, Jigaboo, Darkey, Spook, Moon Cricket.....I'm taking it all back"
PM me for orders.

I'm quite happy with it.

LOL~~~~~~!

GREATEST POST OF ALL TIME!!

Your albums are truly bringing us all together, by shedding some very common misconceptions.

I also like how the inside cover has several reviews that have been given by the NAACP, Al Sharpton, White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, and the National Alliance. All of them are raving about this one and give 5 out of 5 stars.

My personal favorite is track #9 entitled "Shinin de' shoes an' Doin' the good Lords work".......
PR316
Nas is a legend no matter what. But I'm not really anticipating much if anything more from hip hop. Its long gone now.

This song is pretty good, though. Nas definitely hasn't lost his touch. But this won't send any shockwaves at all. He's definitely going for the shock angle with this LP in hopes of getting attention(sales). But it won't matter.

I don't even think it'll go gold. I'll probably buy it. But I dont expect anything classic.
Mino

PM me for orders.

I'm quite happy with it.

I bet u were waiting for just the right opening, to use words like that, and be able to play it off as funny...Good Job
Mino
QUOTE(Fitz @ Apr 28 2008, 12:19 AM) [snapback]387869[/snapback]
I just don't understand. They don't want anybody to call then "niggers", yet they don't set a good example but still use it themselves. Is it me, or is that just really stupid?
How do they expect the word to totally stop when they can't even take their own damn advice?

Maybe its not for u to understand....
Mino
QUOTE(Fitz @ Apr 28 2008, 01:02 AM) [snapback]387873[/snapback]
Well explain it to me.

To me it's common sense. You either want to be called a nigger or you don't. Choose one or the other and fucking stick to it. What am I missing? Explain it to someone that doesn't understand. Educate me.

Listen dude, fuckin relax.....1st of all im not black, Im P.R..So I am no expert on the subject...That being that I have many black friends and my take on it is that, and this is for my ppl that I hang with....Its a word that some ppl use as a word of endearment towards each other and with friends even those who are not black such as myself.....Ex: What up my Nigga...As oppossed to, Fuck You NIGGER....just my thoughts...
Douchebag
QUOTE(Fitz @ Apr 28 2008, 01:48 AM) [snapback]387877[/snapback]
Relax? All I asked if you could explain it to me, as you said it's something I don't understand and I don't.
Yes I know that it's used between friends and I seriously don't have a problem with the word. I am just stumped because to me they are so against the word. Shouldn't they just try to exclude the word all together no matter what the context? If the word didn't bother them, then that would be cool, but it is a word that upsets them so they should really try to set an example and try not use it themselves.
Now to the album. It's not even a title where it's like "Sup my nigga". It's just plain old "Nigger". To me when typing it in text, spelling it with an "er" at the end is the racist term. Ending it with the "a" comes across as the more friendly slang. I even googled his album to see how it was actually spelt.

Like I said, it doesn't offend me what so ever and I'm not sensitive that finds it offensive. Just purely from a neutral perspective it seems as if it would be better off if they didn't use it period.

You get situations like this (I'm sure you have probably seen it).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XURRzofbMc0

I wasn't there so I'm not sure what he meant, though he doesn't strike me as the racist type. There is just confusion, people can say they didn't say it in the racist term and so on. To me it would just be easier to scrap the word all together.
I'm not in America so I don't deal with it on a daily basis, but just my opinion.

It's impossible to exclude a word from someones vocabulary and that is the problem. How the fuck is someone going to stop a Klan member in Podunk, Mississippi from saying the word "nigger". It will never happen so we are left with two choices 1) Get offended everytime some idiot decides to use it to express his or her bigotry. or 2) Come to terms with the fact that there will always bottom feeding people that will try to use the word in derogatory manner and it is up to blacks to rise above the negative aspect of the word.

There is no way to totally Scrap a word at best we can hope to change the meaning of it.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Mino @ Apr 27 2008, 11:14 PM) [snapback]387866[/snapback]
I bet u were waiting for just the right opening, to use words like that, and be able to play it off as funny...Good Job

Oh yeah right....as if I've EVER once Waited to say anything on this site!

All I was doing was promoting my new album. I'm not trying to be funny in any way....

is a piece of work that I've put 3 years into.

The only thing I'm guilty of is a shameless plug!

You don't think I deal with racism EVERY DAY!!!!! You just accused me of being a racist....you know how often that happens just because I'm white and from the deep south?

Wanna see a real "racist".....take a look in the mirror dude!

Why you wanna be like this..... aggressive.gif ....when we could be like this.... friends.gif
Mino
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Apr 28 2008, 03:32 PM) [snapback]387925[/snapback]
Oh yeah right....as if I've EVER once Waited to say anything on this site!

All I was doing was promoting my new album. I'm not trying to be funny in any way....

is a piece of work that I've put 3 years into.

The only thing I'm guilty of is a shameless plug!

You don't think I deal with racism EVERY DAY!!!!! You just accused me of being a racist....you know how often that happens just because I'm white and from the deep south?

Wanna see a real "racist".....take a look in the mirror dude!

Why you wanna be like this..... aggressive.gif ....when we could be like this.... friends.gif

You know how u Texans do.....
Mino
QUOTE(Fitz @ Apr 28 2008, 01:48 AM) [snapback]387877[/snapback]
Relax? All I asked if you could explain it to me, as you said it's something I don't understand and I don't.
Yes I know that it's used between friends and I seriously don't have a problem with the word. I am just stumped because to me they are so against the word. Shouldn't they just try to exclude the word all together no matter what the context? If the word didn't bother them, then that would be cool, but it is a word that upsets them so they should really try to set an example and try not use it themselves.
Now to the album. It's not even a title where it's like "Sup my nigga". It's just plain old "Nigger". To me when typing it in text, spelling it with an "er" at the end is the racist term. Ending it with the "a" comes across as the more friendly slang. I even googled his album to see how it was actually spelt.

Like I said, it doesn't offend me what so ever and I'm not sensitive that finds it offensive. Just purely from a neutral perspective it seems as if it would be better off if they didn't use it period.

You get situations like this (I'm sure you have probably seen it).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XURRzofbMc0

I wasn't there so I'm not sure what he meant, though he doesn't strike me as the racist type. There is just confusion, people can say they didn't say it in the racist term and so on. To me it would just be easier to scrap the word all together.
I'm not in America so I don't deal with it on a daily basis, but just my opinion.

Well its just bad judgement on his part, he is a teacher and an adult and should know better..Even if he meant no harm which it seems as if he didnt..better judgement should have been used, and I work with kids and u should know what kids u can joke with and the kids that u have that type of relationship with....That being that I know alot of black ppl who hate the word in any context and let it be known that they dont use and dont want to hear it in any manner and I respect that...And also I know others who use it all the time....As far as Nas is concerned I think he is trying to bring some controversy and also generate conversation among his fans as well as ppl who hate him....Seems to be working
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Mino @ Apr 28 2008, 04:46 PM) [snapback]387935[/snapback]
You know how u Texans do.....

Actually....no I don't. Please explain.

And if that's not bias type thinking...I don't know what is.

For someone that seems to be the defender of PC, you might want to re-evaluate that statement.

Because you have ZERO clue about me in relation to how I treat blacks or greens for that matter.

If you don't like the album, you don't have to buy it.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Apr 28 2008, 08:09 PM) [snapback]387954[/snapback]

truer words have never been spoken, there is no need for any kind of censorship in a free market economy.
rusty_trombone

PM me for orders.

I'm quite happy with it.

the best part of this post is "Oriental"
The CEO
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Apr 28 2008, 09:12 PM) [snapback]387960[/snapback]
the best part of this post is "Oriental"

laugh.gif
Mino
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Apr 28 2008, 08:09 PM) [snapback]387954[/snapback]
Actually....no I don't. Please explain.
And if that's not bias type thinking...I don't know what is.

For someone that seems to be the defender of PC, you might want to re-evaluate that statement.

Because you have ZERO clue about me in relation to how I treat blacks or greens for that matter.

I am no defender of PC, I just see ppl for what they are...no more no less...Deep down u know what type of dude u are....Just the fact that u say...How I treat Blacks, says eniugh...How u treat Blacks...lol...like they are some aliens or something that need special treatment...LMAO
KookedKrack
sigh i wish this word would just go away man some people are too sensitive about it and they use the word themselves others are just flat out racist and use the word in a negative manner nas better be making a classic album if not people better get at him for using this as a publicity stunt

and for the record I am Dominican before anyone comes in here accusing me of anything
Mino
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ Apr 29 2008, 01:45 AM) [snapback]388069[/snapback]
sigh i wish this word would just go away man some people are too sensitive about it and they use the word themselves others are just flat out racist and use the word in a negative manner nas better be making a classic album if not people better get at him for using this as a publicity stunt

and for the record I am Dominican before anyone comes in here accusing me of anything

Nas is my man, just dont know if he got that left in him..I hope so, but dont think so...
ROLL DEEP
So....what does Nigger mean? Obviously its a derogetory term for black people....but where did the word come from? I've heard loads of theories, but wondered what you guys knew.

So far, this thread has taught me I can say 'Nigga' in public....as long as I pronounce the 'a' really clear. Only around certain blacks...as others may get offended. Blacks can call who they want 'Nigger' or 'Nigga' and they can also call whites 'crackers'. If white people call other white people 'crackers' they're white trash. What happens if a white thrash cracker calls another white person a 'Nigger'. Is that worse then calling him a 'nigga'?

laugh.gif

Man, I'm playing.

More important things to worry about.....like how can we stop people buying Soulja Boy?!
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Mino @ Apr 29 2008, 12:08 AM) [snapback]388067[/snapback]
I am no defender of PC, I just see ppl for what they are...no more no less...Deep down u know what type of dude u are....Just the fact that u say...How I treat Blacks, says eniugh...How u treat Blacks...lol...like they are some aliens or something that need special treatment...LMAO

You don't even actually know me...so how can you "see ppl for what they are"?

The only reason I bring up "how I treat blacks" is because you attempted to insinuate that I in fact mistreat them or speak ill to them or whatever. The sole reason that was brought up was in response to your kneejerk reaction to anything I've typed in this thread.

Deep down this is the type of dude I am. I hugged a small child yesterday at my local Boys and Girls Club, that happned to be black. BUT....until I am forced to think about that as a situation used to defend myself....she was simply a beautiful little girl in my eyes. I then spent 2 hours in a meeting with 3 other people discussing starting a local B&G's Club in a surrounding county to address the issue of low income, black, hispanic and white families not having a place for their youth to go to after school.

I then spent another 20 minutes or so discussing local black history with two guys that made me aware of things I never knew in relation to black history in my county. AND...I was quite amazed at what they had to say.

My father learned to play the blues while hanging out in black owned beer joints as a kid....growing up he passed a love for that type of music onto me, which is why I I have a blog on myspace giving tribute to Houston's very own Lightnin Hopkins, the best bluesman ever!

No the simple FACT is....you can't see a gotdamn thing!

BUT.....here is something I do in fact know about you. You are too gotdamn swept up in PC to understand a simple joke when it was typed on a message board. ANYBODY (except you) that read that post has taken it for what it was....a bullshitting joke and nothing more.

Lighten the fuck up!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:00 PM) [snapback]388103[/snapback]
I hugged a small child yesterday at my local Boys and Girls Club, that happned to be black. BUT....until I am forced to think about that as a situation used to defend myself....she was simply a beautiful little girl in my eyes.

Easy buddy. we know about your run-ins with youngsters. we know what kind of pictures you have laying around. cool.gif
Mino
Just a quick update for those who care....The Nigger title has been scrapped, and the new album will simply be called "Nas"...I am sure many are happy about this and Im sure some are upset, either way hope the album is good.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.