Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FHWeBL 1st Anniversary : Super Fight Weekend III
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
CyruS
TOS has been brewing an idea for the next super fight weekend. He has come to the conclusion that Super Fight Weekend III should take place on the 1st Anniversary of the first World Champion crowned, or in this case, World Champions.

June 3, 2007 :
"Prince" Malik Abu-husson became the first Middleweight World Champion when he defeated Andy 'You Will Get Assaulted' Brown via KO 11.
"Terrible" Tariq Wheeler Jr. became the first Welterweight World Champion when he defeated Lloyd Mayweather via KO 12.
Fernando "Cuchulito" Montiel became the first Strawweight World Champion when he defeated Bobby Pacquiao via UD.

Touch oF SleeP is proposing that the FHWeBL 1st Anniversary : Super Fight Weekend III will take place on either Tuesday June 3, 2008 or if the people prefer it to be on a sunday, then Sunday June 8, 2008

Reasons for announcing it this early is to have the players plan accordingly (or duck laugh.gif) their fighters to make the as always when in regards to Super Fight Weekend, the very best and biggest fights possibly made.

Good Idea? Bad Idea?

Thoughts?

Discuss?

TOS is the best promoter ever? I agree.

laugh.gif
The CEO
Sounds great to me....let's do it June 3rd if we can...I leave for vacation on the 6th....I know a few of my old veterans will propose some interesting matchups....
CyruS
I can't believe we've been playing this for a year straight and.....

Miguel Cotto and No Fear are still fighting laugh.gif laugh.gif
BigG
Judah and Montiel are still going strong....Montiel barely has IP's. Two bad motherfuckers...they will be in Superfights that day.
Blayde
Great idea, I think we should do it on the Tuesday smile.gif
CyruS
2 votes for tuesday

1 vote for I dont care what day it is (me)

1 undecided vote (big G didn't say what day)

laugh.gif
The CEO
Yeah...we can call it Terrible Tuesday....maybe put Terry Norris against The Prince of The Bums again just to see how much damage is inflicted....lol
BigG
Tuesday....
CyruS
Looks like Tuesday date wins.

Let's hope we don't fuck up C's mindset when he goes on vacation when he sees the results of all his superfights that day. laugh.gif
The CEO
and to think I was gonna start a thread to show you your theme song......lol

I recently heard a "newer" song from one of my favorite rappers....made me think about ya....you either already dig it...or WILL.
BigG
laugh.gif at Norris-Bummy. I'm down with that...It just makes me feel good reading how bad my beast Terry Norris beats the shit out of people.
CyruS
P4P who gives out the worst beatings.

Norris or Triple J, Jimmy Jack Judah?

I haven't heard shit with hip hop in forever. Wake me up when Nas, Ghostface and another wu tang album drop.

and when Raekwon's wu-tang/aftermath rza/dr.dre produced only built 4 cuban linx 2 ever drops on neveruary 35, 2099. It's a damn tragedy sad.gif
Maxy
Harold "Harry" Angus is happy with Tuesday also but has stressed he wants something much bigger to celebrate the 1st anniversary.

"Touch likes gimmicks but I want something huge to take place on the Sunday of that week. Something so big the world will crawl over hot coals just to see it."

When questioned on his plans Angus smiled and said, "It's early days. I'll be contacting some people in the next week or so."
The CEO
I haven't heard shit with hip hop in forever. Wake me up when Nas, Ghostface and another wu tang album drop.

I haven't followed Hip Hop closely for like a decade....I was thinking about a rapper I liked from back in the day...saw that he dropped some new shit...and DLed the full CD that contains your song.

I will now start the thread showing you your theme.

Hope I left ya hangin'...lol
CyruS
19 days till 1st Anniversary.

Anybody making preliminary ideas on their super fights yet?
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ May 15 2008, 08:20 PM) [snapback]389654[/snapback]
19 days till 1st Anniversary.

Anybody making preliminary ideas on their super fights yet?

I don't have any concrete plans yet but I think we need some bone fide super fights in as many divisions as possible. I'm thinking we need to kick some life back into our league.

People, me included, have been lazy lately.
Maxy
For the anniversary we need TOS, Z Gorres, Here We Go, Angus and Dipsy to all come back and have legitimate fights against top quality opposition.
BigJuicyHog
I agree. If Coile wins the HW title he would be glad to defend it against one of the old champs....TOS or Dipsy or whatnot.
Blayde
Allan Green wants to fight another big name in Roy Jones at the Anniversary.

And how about making Pascal vs. Bute on that date?
CyruS
looks like it will end up being the sunday anyway cuz there's fighters scheduled for june 1st, and the next possible date to fight would be the sunday.
CyruS
I would hold off on make any fights for a day or 2. So everyone can negotiate with each other to make the biggest fights possible.

I have been getting lazy lately..... laugh.gif
The CEO
All my fighters are gonna be in retirement as I will be on vacation starting the 6th....it sucks that I'm gonna miss SFW III....

I guess I'm leaving 2 titles vacant...as Sloan retained at Super Middle...and Lil' Slanger regained his Super Feather strap for an incredible 5th time.....
Blayde
Yeah, you missing at the Anniversary isnt good news. Unforunately its not going the way we wanted to anyway sad.gif Tuesday idea fell through and I dont really see too many exciting matchups!?
CyruS
Signed fights for SFW III :

1st Year Anniversary : Super Fight Weekend III

World Jr. Welterweight Championship
Zab "Super Judah (34-15-3 28KOs) vs. Joan Guzman (36-7-4 12KOs)
Maxy
Wexley "Power" Gawn has indicated he is willing to fight on the anniversary with his preferred choice of opponent being Cyrus "Super" Virus. Wexley isn't keen on facing middleweight champ Mean Joe Green because "Nobody knows who the fuck he is!"

Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn is also open to fight ANYONE at light heavyweight as part of the anniversary weekend and Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn is still pressing for a fight with TOS....

Kindred "Spirit" Cole would love a fight with either Z Gorres or Cyrus "Here We Go" Virus.
Maxy
Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn has joined the card and will face the no.1 contender at light heavy, Yamboa Bell.
Maxy
Angus and Dipsy have also signed for the show but in rather nondescript bouts.

Angus, as promoter, is hoping to stage a massive event in the near future but needs co-operation from some of the other influential names in the business.

Cyrus, I've decided to stop calling out TOS btw.
BigG
Montiel is out of retirement to enhance his legacy. He wants ANYONE for the Superfight weekend. He doesn't wanna beat on some bum.
Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jun 3 2008, 02:57 PM) [snapback]391312[/snapback]
Montiel is out of retirement to enhance his legacy. He wants ANYONE for the Superfight weekend. He doesn't wanna beat on some bum.

You should bring back Holmes to fight Alexeev. Holmes is the best challenger around.

What about Z Gorres? What weight can he fight at?
CyruS
UPDATED
Signed fights for SFW III :

1st Year Anniversary : Super Fight Weekend III

Undisputed World Light Heavyweight Championship - Trilogy Ender
Allan Green (33-0-0 22KOs) vs. Richard "Dick" Butkiss (25-8-1 16KOs)

Zab "Super Judah (34-15-3 28KOs) vs. Joan Guzman (36-7-4 12KOs)

Light Heavyweight #1 Contenders Match
Yamboa Bell (22-3-2 10KOs) vs. Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn (37-3-0 5KOs)

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Miguel Cotto
Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn vs. Big Lulatsch lazy2.gif laugh.gif
Harold "Harry Angus vs. Jean-Marc Mormeck lazy2.gif laugh.gif

Rumored :

Wexley "Power" Gawn vs. CyruS "Super" ViruS - Fight #5
Fernando "Cuchulito" Montiel vs. ??
CyruS "No Fear" ViruS vs. ??
CyruS "Iron" ViruS vs. ??
CyruS "Lights Out" ViruS vs. ??
Jimmy Jack Judah vs. ??
Travis "Tremendous" Simms vs. ??
"The Easton Assassin" Larry Holmes comeback?
Aleksander Alexeev vs. ??
BigG
Gorres is BACK....tune up against former champion.

Holmes is getting big offers from promoters to face Alexeev. He'll get back to you guys.
BigJuicyHog
A couple of big fight for my Gym are Jeremy "The Hammer" Mulder vs Mean Joe Greene as Mulder attempts to win back his title and become a 4 time MW champion of the world.

Also, Kelson Pinto vs Muckles Reilly for the LW title left behind by Guzman. Im sure Guzman will be fighting the winner of the fight. I also have a couple of other title fights scheduled including RJ "The Freak" Mendoza defending his title against former champ Maxy "Ice Cream" Gawn.

This will be the most title fights I have ever had in a a single weekend.
Maxy
Holmes can't miss out on this opportunity to fight Alexeev. It totally makes sense because after Dipsy, Holmes is the next best heavyweight around. I know one thing for sure...Holmes gave Dipsy his toughest fights and Dipsy has fought them all.

Maxy
Oh btw, CEO, theres still time for you to get some fights scheduled...even if you only want tune-ups?

I can make them all for Sunday and if you retire them all then at least they'll have another bout under their belts before you get back from holidays....
The CEO
That's ok...y'all go ahead and have a great SFW III...it's hectic around here getting ready for the trip...besides....my boys are long overdue for a break..they need a few weeks of relaxation so they can be energized and ready to go when we return...lol

thumbsup_anim.gif
CyruS
1 Year Anniversary : Super Fight Weekend III RESULTS!

World Heavyweight Championship
Aleksander Alexeev W KO 11 "The Easton Assassin" Larry Holmes

Undisputed Light Heavyweight Championship
Allan Green W UD 12 Richard "Dick" Butkiss

World Jr. Middleweight Championship
Travis "Tremendous" Simms W MD 12 Tony Palomino

World Welterweight Championship
Luis Collazo W UD 12 CyruS "Lights Out" ViruS

Joan Guzman W UD 12 Zab "Super" Judah

---

CyruS "Super" ViruS W UD 12 Wexley "Power" Gawn

Among other, but I just got lazy to type it all out. laugh.gif
Maxy
Don't forget that Deep Freeze got a good win, an easy win, over no.1 ranked Yamboa Bell. Deep Freeze may consider challenging Green again in the future.

Wexley Gawn was shite! I retired him because I thought he was on the way out but he came back last night in a fight I expected him to win. Either Cyrus has been busy with his fight plan creation (judging by his laziness of late, I doubt it laugh.gif ) or my own laziness and complacency came back and kicked me in the teeth!

Its all good.

BigG
This superfight weekened didn't have shit on the other two...I mean, Simms-Palomino already fought 100 times before...Green already beat Buttkiss twice before...Super and Gawn are shot....but good fight and surprise result.

The best was easily the first..with PRIME Montiel and Here We Go battling it out in a battle of undefeated P4Pers. That still remains the biggest fight of my gym's history.

And the 2nd was great too with tons of big fights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.