Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: De La Hoya: "I Want Miguel Cotto in December"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Douchebag
This is the kind of shit that I'm talking about. I don't know how I feel about this just yet.

0De La Hoya: "I Want Miguel Cotto in December"
Recommend this page Printable version

By Mark Vester

Earlier this year, Oscar De La Hoya said that he would fight three times in 2008 and then retire from the sport to fully focus on his successful company, Golden Boy Promotions. He returns next week in Carson, California to face Steve Forbes, and if successful he will rematch Floyd Mayweather Jr. in September. If he gets by Mayweather, he says that a December fight with WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto is the one he wants to end his career.

In the past De La Hoya claimed to have made a promise to his wife (a popular Puerto Rican singer) that he would never fight another Puerto Rican fighter again. Something, possibly the money involved in such a fight, has changed his mind.

"If I beat Mayweather, who is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world, my following fight has to be with one of the best and it's no secret that Miguel Cotto is one of the best in the world," De La Hoya said. "He has a difficult fight with Antonio Margarito (July 26) and although any thing can happen, we all know that Miguel Cotto is going to win.

De La Hoya ruled out a possible rematch with Felix Trinidad because the Puerto Rican fighter because the weight difference is too much. Trinidad is currently campaigning at light heavyweight. He says a fight with Cotto is not necessary, but he canít face an easy opponent in the last fight of his career.

"I don't need to fight Cotto, but obviously my last fight cannot be against an easy opponent. It's going to be against one of the best and after Mayweather, the next one is Cotto, who is a boxer that always wants to fight the best in the world," De La Hoya said.

Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester
PR316
If this isn't looking past Stevie Forbes, I don't know what is.

Given he wins(He should, I know), he needs to worry about Floyd Mayweather first, who handled him comfortably the last time.
Big Slim Sweet
We'll see.

Thing is, Oscar doesn't have to beat Mayweather to get Cotto next. He can get his tail kicked and still cherry pick whomever he wants for his 'final' opponent.

Funny that he said 'we all know Cotto will beat Margarito'. True perhaps, but that sounds like a little dig at Bob Arum, maybe a subtle way of saying who cares about that fight? Miguel needs me to make the real money.
Chi-Town
He should have done away with the Mayweather rematch all together and just fought Cotto to start with. Cotto is much, much smaller than him, even smaller than Floyd for that matter and Cotto's style is pretty conventional, there's nothing awkward about him. The Cotto fight is much, much more winnable for Oscar.
D-MARV
LOL
Imagine if he goes on to beat Mayweather then Cotto (if cotto beats margarito).
He will retire Pound 4 Pound King!
WOW! scare.gif
EpTXCHAMP
Cant see Oscar beating floyd especially If he takes place at 147 like he's pledged it will.
Either way would be nice to see cotto give DLH som punishment and finish him off for good
dj necrogenic
So what is Oscar going to do when he loses to Money Mayweather? Retire, or proceed with his final fight in December?
C.Alarid1
Oscar De La Hoya is the best fighter in the world (Besides Chuck Norris). Oscar has the intelligence and skill to beat any opponent. He will beat Forbes, then he will beat Gayweather again, and then he will beat a much smaller Cotto. Oscar has fought the best and will retire beating the best.
C.Alarid1
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Apr 24 2008, 05:23 PM) [snapback]387555[/snapback]
So what is Oscar going to do when he loses to Money Mayweather? Retire, or proceed with his final fight in December?

Gayweather is not a crowd pleasing fighter. He fights like an amateur and talks too much. Oscar will beat him again.
PR316
Cotto would RETIRE De La Hoya. Bank on that. He would give him a HORRIBLE beating.
U.S. Champ
QUOTE(C.Alarid1 @ Apr 24 2008, 05:45 PM) [snapback]387559[/snapback]
Oscar De La Hoya is the best fighter in the world (Besides Chuck Norris). Oscar has the intelligence and skill to beat any opponent. He will beat Forbes, then he will beat Gayweather again, and then he will beat a much smaller Cotto. Oscar has fought the best and will retire beating the best.

NOT!! My man, Miguel would beat the sleeves of Oscar I guarantee the fight would end in an ugly stoppage and he's going to have to pay off vegas to beat payweather who's ducking publicly himself
BigG
I could see Cotto stopping DLH with body shots....
rusty_trombone
Is DLH looking past a guy who beat him? something is not right here, like a pre-determined trilogy.
Spyder
I'll fight any of these guys in December...

Shit, I need to pay for a wedding!

laugh.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ Apr 24 2008, 08:56 PM) [snapback]387581[/snapback]
I'll fight any of these guys in December...

Shit, I need to pay for a wedding!

laugh.gif

my long standing challenge to DLH still stands firm.
Method
In the past De La Hoya claimed to have made a promise to his wife (a popular Puerto Rican singer) that he would never fight another Puerto Rican fighter again. Something, possibly the money involved in such a fight, has changed his mind.

Yeah, he also promised his wife, that same Puerto Rican singer, that he would be faithful, in sicknes and in health, for Richer and for poorer, til death do them part, yet, he's up in Scores NY fucking HOT ASS Russian strippers, and cross dressing for them.

If Oscar REALLY wanted Cotto, he should just skip Mayweather period. Freeze little Floyd out in the cold like a shivering shved poodle. A DLH/Cotto fight would SMOKE the money that DLH/Mayweather would make. Yeah, I said SMOKE.
jp
If the fight comes off they should do it in PR......the whole damn island would take a holiday to watch that shit.
PR316
QUOTE(Method @ Apr 25 2008, 01:13 AM) [snapback]387583[/snapback]
Yeah, he also promised his wife, that same Puerto Rican singer, that he would be faithful, in sicknes and in health, for Richer and for poorer, til death do them part, yet, he's up in Scores NY fucking HOT ASS Russian strippers, and cross dressing for them.

Thats a shame if true because you can tell she's a really good woman.
C.Alarid1
[quote name='U.S. Champ' date='Apr 24 2008, 06:13 PM' post='387563']
NOT!! My man, Miguel would beat the sleeves of Oscar I guarantee the fight would end in an ugly stoppage and he's going to have to pay off vegas to beat payweather who's ducking publicly himself
[/quote
No man. I reall think Oscar can take him. Throughout Oscar's career, you haven't really seen him get seriously hurt. Except for a couple of fights. Someone with a 223-5 amateur record has to know his stuff. I think Cotto is the underdog. Besides, we all know that Chuck Norris can take on any boxer with his beard. GO CHUCK NORRIS and OSCAR DE LA HOYA!!!!!
oozemcbuck
QUOTE(C.Alarid1 @ Apr 24 2008, 06:45 PM) [snapback]387559[/snapback]

first off, u said after forbes, then he'll beat "gayweather" AGAIN ?!?! when did he beat him the first time ?!?! second, if he ever fights cotto he's gonna have no choice but to retire. remember how he screamed when b-hop caught him with a body shot ?!?! and what is cotto's specialty ?!?! it all equals to a thourough ass-beatin for oscar... remember, oscar has "fought" the best, not "beaten" the best. i think the last time he won a BIG fight was at the olympics. check his record if u don't believe it.

i agree about chuck, though. i heard that REDBULL is really his urine in a can. (it's true )
Byrd Man
Well I've never believed the cross dressing thing. Those pictures looked mad photoshopped to me, and a lot of photo editor type people said the same thing, and that it was a BAD photoshop at that.

And he's already stated he's retiring, so technically Cotto wouldn't "Retire DLH" no matter what happens. To "Retire" someone indicates that the fighter was planning on fighting on, and instead, because of a severe beating, he decided to retire.

That doesn't really apply here. I mean I realize there are those who don't like DLH, and I really have no feelings either way about the dude, and I'm sure there are those who don't believe that he's going to retire, as if he's gonna pull a B-Hop and say "ah, screw it, I'll fight for a few more years"

I don't think he will. I think he's more interested in the promoting thing now, and that he's set up a three fight year. Now if he goes on past that, I'll come back and say I was wrong, but I don't think he will.

and the NEW
I would take DLH over Cotto at 147 (though will be good to see how he looks against Forbes and Mayweather there).

Though, Mayweather is beating him more decisively this time around, after DLH gets finished walking through Forbes!
oozemcbuck
if he fights cotto before floyd, he'll retire, whether he said he was or wasn't going to. don't be surprised if he decides to fight chavez jr. instead for his farewell fight.
BoxingStill#1

Cotto may put this man into retirement.......But still one hell of a fight.....

Imagine if he were to fight and beat Cotto in sept.....then maybe we would be interested in a rematch with PBF. He would have earned it.....
and the NEW
How is Cotto going to retire Oscar, when he struggled late in the Mosley fight? The match was very evenly fought and Cotto looked gassed. Oscar will be HUGE at 147 these days. Stamina favours Cotto, but if Tito, Vargas, Quartey cannot stop him, I cannot see Cotto doing it. Not to mention, Mosley is not exactly a stamina machine these days and held his own quiet easily.

Looks like the Cotto bandwagon is in full effect, going to be messy when it derails.

If anybody is being stopped here, it is more likely Cotto. DLH survived to the late rounds against BHOP, who is HUGEEEEEEEEEE compared to him! At 147 DLH will have some power and that 45 degree left hook on the chin could cause some serious implications for Cottos lights!
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE(and the NEW @ Apr 24 2008, 11:54 PM) [snapback]387608[/snapback]
How is Cotto going to retire Oscar, when he struggled late in the Mosley fight? The match was very evenly fought and Cotto looked gassed. Oscar will be HUGE at 147 these days. Stamina favours Cotto, but if Tito, Vargas, Quartey cannot stop him, I cannot see Cotto doing it. Not to mention, Mosley is not exactly a stamina machine these days and held his own quiet easily.

Looks like the Cotto bandwagon is in full effect, going to be messy when it derails.

If anybody is being stopped here, it is more likely Cotto. DLH survived to the late rounds against BHOP, who is HUGEEEEEEEEEE compared to him! At 147 DLH will have some power and that 45 degree left hook on the chin could cause some serious implications for Cottos lights!

Good points, but you see your comparing to the fighter of old.....As if Cotto is a push over here.....

Been a Cotto fan for a minute luv, since before the camera'a were on him....

And didnt Delahoya LOSE to Mosely?.......Didnt Cotto beat him?....(Perhaps more than any fighter has)

I see a Cotto body shot in well comparison to a Hopkins body shot,.....lets take this into consideration aswell....

Cotto's lights are in question, but isnt this what makes him exciting to watch?.....

This is a thread worth talking about. If this fight did take place, I think it would be the fight of the year, no matter when they fight took place..

The CEO
I got 4 words regarding DLH....

Monkey wrench. Hate 'im.
and the NEW
I am not stating Cotto is a pushover, I am stating DLH is no slouch! Cotto could win, I beleive DLH will, but the fight will be very close.

I am simply stating above that I see little chance Cotto will stop DLH, people in this thread are either overrating Cotto or underrating DLH by assuming Cotto will end DLHs career.

I actually scored the Cotto V Mosley fight in favour of Mosley (or maybe I had it a draw, cannot remember now) and I had DLH beating Mosley in the rematch after decisively loosing the first fight. But who beat who does not have anything to do with my comments.
BoxingStill#1
You took references to old fights PRO for DLH, and I took references CON for DLH......so who beats who does have something to do with our comments.

I only said he would retire DLH cuz hey, he's retiring anyway,....I think an upset loss to Cotto would solidify in his head he is done and can succesfully run Goldenboy Pr....

In my opinion DLH is a legend, but if he losses to Forbes (which is possible), he would essentially become a gate keeper to spotlight for fighters.......

(I actually scored DLH winning in the second fight aswell....)
and the NEW
Not who beats who, but the manner in which each handled their opponents. Big difference there. I was simply looking at one aspect, their ability to survive (chin, skill, stamina), not a styles contrast.

Forbes is not beating DLH, it is going to be a beat down!
BoxingStill#1
we are areed on that.......
kidbazooka1
DLH doesn't have what it takes to hang with Cotto anymore maybe a few years back but not anymore.

Cotto would work him to the body and stop him late in the fight.
24 A BRICK
Oscar is promotional snake. DLH is verbally jabbin' MM in saying... I'm calling out Cotto why aren't you doing it. Oscar is trying to gather up some interest from the Puerto Rican people, so they can have a reason in buying the MM-vs-DLH 2 PPV fight in a few months. Oscar is not gonna retire this year anyways. who does Oscar have to carry his promotional company after he's retired from the ring? Oscar will be forced to box til GBP has a boxer they can mold into a household name. it's no secret in why Hopkins, Mosley, and Barrera kept fighting when they seriously should of hung up the gloves years ago. those boxers sole purpose in GBP was to fill in the PPV calendar each quarter of the year. GBP even played dirty trying to acquire Manny Pac from Bob Arum. that was a desperate move and when they couldn't 100% get Manny Pac under contract Oscar had to keep on fighting. Oscar & Richard are already drawing up plan B's for 2009. this fight with little Stevie Forbes has nothing to do with it being a warm-up for MM. this Stevie Forbes fight is testing the waters, so DLH can lure fans in accepting him fighting other small boxers like Manny Pac & Ricky Hatton in the near future. no way DLH will fight Cotto knowing Manny Pac & Ricky Hatton fights are still there for the taking (PPV MONEY).
D-MARV
I tell you what IF De La Hoya was KO'd by that body punch that Hopkins gave him, Cotto Will crush is organs! Give Me Cotto by late round stoppage!
and the NEW
I agree Fitz.

Some of the things espoused here are just plain garbage.

How about all the other body punches DLH has taken in his time?

I can tell you one thing for sure, DLH resume is second to none, in just about any era. He has been stopped once, by a middle who was undisputed light-heavy champion and looked pretty solid at that weight. Not bad, not bad at all. Now Cotto is going to blow him out (like he apparently dominated Shane, again, no idea what people were watching if they thought that fight was anything but close).......please!
U.S. Champ

If Oscar REALLY wanted Cotto, he should just skip Mayweather period. Freeze little Floyd out in the cold like a shivering shved poodle. A DLH/Cotto fight would SMOKE the money that DLH/Mayweather would make. Yeah, I said SMOKE.
[/quote]
Your right on point that would be like Chavez vs De La hoya reversed
salvador
I just hope Arum doesn't decide to cancel the Cotto-Marg fight to protect Cotto for a huge payday.
D-MARV
QUOTE(and the NEW @ Apr 25 2008, 07:15 AM) [snapback]387624[/snapback]
I agree Fitz.

Some of the things espoused here are just plain garbage.

How about all the other body punches DLH has taken in his time?

I can tell you one thing for sure, DLH resume is second to none, in just about any era. He has been stopped once, by a middle who was undisputed light-heavy champion and looked pretty solid at that weight. Not bad, not bad at all. Now Cotto is going to blow him out (like he apparently dominated Shane, again, no idea what people were watching if they thought that fight was anything but close).......please!

Dont get it twisted I never said Cotto dominated Shane nor did i say anything negative about Oscar's resume.
The B-Hop body shot comment was sarcasm! I know that logic doesn't hold true. If that was the case Bernard would have a KO win in all his fights. Cuz that certainly wasn't his hardest shot!

I still believe that Cotto would score the late stoppage of Oscar. Just like I believe that if Mayweather would have let his hands go more in the first fight, he would have stopped Oscar.
WolfishPromistah
"...IF De La Hoya was KO'd by that body punch that Hopkins gave him, Cotto Will crush is organs!..."

Damn! Cotto should be heavyweight, huh? So now he hits HARDER THAN Hopkins?
D-MARV
QUOTE(WolfishPromistah @ Apr 25 2008, 12:56 PM) [snapback]387645[/snapback]
"...IF De La Hoya was KO'd by that body punch that Hopkins gave him, Cotto Will crush is organs!..."

Damn! Cotto should be heavyweight, huh? So now he hits HARDER THAN Hopkins?

LOL, You're late buddy look at the previous post
Good Try though!
Spyder
Did someone say that they thought lil Floyd could've stopped Oscar?
WolfishPromistah
"Cotto would work him to the body and stop him late in the fight."

I don't necessarily think so. Delahoya is longer and just as fast as, or a bit faster than, Cotto. Let me say "I think" he may hit just as hard, his boxing skills are sharper because he's more versatile, and it's not like Cotto is just gonna hit and not have to take fire in return. It's not like Oscar loops most of all punches like Margarito. I just don't think it's as sure a thing as others that he would lose this fight
streetlion1
DLH v.s. Cotto would really be a good fight! After he crushes Forbes we will see whether or not Floyd Sr. being in his corner makes a difference when he fights PBF in September.

This fight though would truley test both guys chins. Both have good speed I think DLH may be slightly faster. He has Cotto in the power category but Cotto can bomb too. At this point I have to see Oscar in action before I make a prediction.
Douchebag
Just analyzing this fight.

People are seeming to forget that Oscar is 36 or 37 and if he where to fight Cotto in December he would have to do it after putting his body through the most where and tare that it has gone through in the last 5 years. Both of the fights that he has coming before the Cotto fight will more than likely go to the scorecards. That means Oscar is probably going to have fight at least 22 rounds (not counting sparring) before even facing Cotto. Oscar has the infamous reputation of gassing in his fights and that is not a good thing against the best pressure fighter in the Boxing world today. Oscar will have no legs left after the fourth round and be stopped by the 7th. We have to acknowledge that this is a very old Oscar that we are talking about.

And to those saying Oscar can catch Cotto with the left hook and end it....That is probably true but he is going to have to do it withing the first four rounds because HE WILL gas after that. Not only that but Cotto has never been vulnerable to left hooks. I'm more worried about Margarito's uppercuts against Cotto than Oscars left to be honest.

Oh. didn't someone say that Oscar is faster than Cotto. Not true at all. Shane proved twice that he is faster than Oscar and Cotto was beating Shane to the punch all night when they faced each other.
salvador
Oscar just turned 35. And he's a young 35 for a boxer. He hasn't aged nearly as much as Mosley and I think that comparing Cotto's performance against Mosley to Cotto's potential performance against DLH is almost useless. That said, if Cotto couldn't knock Shane out, I doubt he'll be able to get DLH out.

Even at 35 DLH has much better footwork than Cotto and he's a more accurate puncher. If Cotto beats MArgarito, this fight will happen regardless of the fact that DLH will lose another decision to Floyd - and that's a good thing.

DLH hasn't been in a real, legacy-type fight since his fight with Quartey in 1999. I think that, win or lose, this will be one of the 2 or 3 best highlights of DLH's career and the very best way for him to exit the sport. I fully expect DLH to beat Cotto or go out on his shield trying. I can't wait.
Big Slim Sweet
Couldn't disagree more Sal. I think the time spent out of the gym relative to Shane has led Oscar to age more rapidly. I personally think Shane has a lot more left in the tank at this point than Oscar does. And Shane has always had - if not a better chin necessarilly - a greater ability to withstand punishment. Shane is tougher than Oscar - to me that was the one key difference between them in both of their two fights. And in a fight with Cotto, you best be able to withstand punishment. Mosley was able to do that and come on strong at the end. Oscar won't be able to duplicate that feat. Cotto stops him late.
Douchebag
QUOTE(salvador @ Apr 25 2008, 05:16 PM) [snapback]387676[/snapback]
Oscar just turned 35. And he's a young 35 for a boxer. He hasn't aged nearly as much as Mosley and I think that comparing Cotto's performance against Mosley to Cotto's potential performance against DLH is almost useless. That said, if Cotto couldn't knock Shane out, I doubt he'll be able to get DLH out.

Even at 35 DLH has much better footwork than Cotto and he's a more accurate puncher. If Cotto beats MArgarito, this fight will happen regardless of the fact that DLH will lose another decision to Floyd - and that's a good thing.

DLH hasn't been in a real, legacy-type fight since his fight with Quartey in 1999. I think that, win or lose, this will be one of the 2 or 3 best highlights of DLH's career and the very best way for him to exit the sport. I fully expect DLH to beat Cotto or go out on his shield trying. I can't wait.

I'll give you the age thing (I new it was close but I believe he was 35 when he fought PBF the first time)but Oscar is not a more accurate puncher then Cotto, in fact that has always been one of Oscars weeknesses. Shit you can go back to the Chavez fights and even though Oscar put a beating on Chavez there where many instances where Oscar would throw a 5-6 peace combo and only land like one punch out the whole thing. Oscar has never been that accurate of a puncher and Last year before the Cotto fight everybody was touting Shane for the speed he display in the Collazo fight. So, no Oscar is STILL not faster than Shane and he isn't faster than Cotto either. Not only that but Shane can still fight a full 12 rounds and be the aggressor, Oscar has proven that he can't do that. If anything it is Shane that has aged better than Oscar.
salvador
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Apr 25 2008, 05:28 PM) [snapback]387680[/snapback]
I'll give you the age thing (I new it was close but I believe he was 35 when he fought PBF the first time)but Oscar is not a more accurate puncher then Cotto, in fact that has always been one of Oscars weeknesses. Shit you can go back to the Chavez fights and even though Oscar put a beating on Chavez there where many instances where Oscar would throw a 5-6 peace combo and only land like one punch out the whole thing. Oscar has never been that accurate of a puncher and Last year before the Cotto fight everybody was touting Shane for the speed he display in the Collazo fight. So, no Oscar is STILL not faster than Shane and he isn't faster than Cotto either. Not only that but Shane can still fight a full 12 rounds and be the aggressor, Oscar has proven that he can't do that. If anything it is Shane that has aged better than Oscar.

Did you see Shane's fights with Estrada or Cruz? Shane is a shell of who he was and I'm not at all sure that it doesn't have to do with his getting off the roids.

As far as DLH's accuracy, I think his left hook is one of the most accurate punches in the sport and so is his jab when he uses it. And the thing about DLH's combinations is that HE THOWS THEM. How many fighters can you name who actually throw 5-6 punch combos against top level opposition?

For me, the main advantage DLH has over Cotto is his footwork. DLH has faster feet and I think he would be too smart to trade with Cotto like (as much as) Mosley did. You'll see DLH use his 6" reach advantage and his 3 1/2" height advantage over Cotto to box like he did against Tito, and he'll pick his spots.

I don't know why DLH being an aggressor for 12 rounds would be important. DLH's going to box and I think that DLH's jab, if he uses it, is long enough and hard enough to keep Cotto away for most of the fight.

I think the fight will be bloody and close.
salvador
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Apr 25 2008, 05:27 PM) [snapback]387679[/snapback]
Couldn't disagree more Sal. I think the time spent out of the gym relative to Shane has led Oscar to age more rapidly. I personally think Shane has a lot more left in the tank at this point than Oscar does. And Shane has always had - if not a better chin necessarilly - a greater ability to withstand punishment. Shane is tougher than Oscar - to me that was the one key difference between them in both of their two fights. And in a fight with Cotto, you best be able to withstand punishment. Mosley was able to do that and come on strong at the end. Oscar won't be able to duplicate that feat. Cotto stops him late.

I'll reference the Estrada and Cruz fights again as evidence of Shane's deterioration. And I also think it has a lot to do with Shane going off the roids. DLH's been out of the gym but, more importantly, out of the ring.

I agree that Shane is tougher than Oscar and that he probably has a better chin (though I've seen Oscar take big time shots from Hopkins, Vargas, Mosley and Quartey and I've never seen Oscar in real trouble). And I think that Shane would have done better against Cotto if he'd used his feet more, WHICH OSCAR WILL DO.

I have a hard time believing that Cotto can stop Oscar. I just think that Cotto's feet are too slow and I think that when Cotto closes the distance (something Cotto's gotten very good at recently, I'll be the first to admit), that DLH will be landing that left jab at will. I actually think that DLH has a better chance of stopping Cotto than vice versa.
PR316
QUOTE(and the NEW @ Apr 25 2008, 04:17 AM) [snapback]387611[/snapback]
I am not stating Cotto is a pushover, I am stating DLH is no slouch! Cotto could win, I beleive DLH will, but the fight will be very close.

I am simply stating above that I see little chance Cotto will stop DLH, people in this thread are either overrating Cotto or underrating DLH by assuming Cotto will end DLHs career.

I actually scored the Cotto V Mosley fight in favour of Mosley (or maybe I had it a draw, cannot remember now) and I had DLH beating Mosley in the rematch after decisively loosing the first fight. But who beat who does not have anything to do with my comments.

I just have a difficult time seeing De La Hoya holding off Cotto for 12 rounds the way Mosley did. Shane is very strong physically and was able to push Cotto around. I can't see Oscar pressuring Cotto back after tasting the bodyshots. Mayweather noticeably hurt Oscar in the 11th round with a few well placed bodyshots that backed Oscar up.

I think its a fight where Oscar will be winning early but the constant two fisted assault from Cotto would start to take its physical toll on Oscar by the midway point of the fight and I just see it becoming a beating where Oscar takes more punishment in his career than he ever has taken.

Oscar would have a chance EARLY, IMO to put Cotto down for the count. Thats where Oscar's hand speed can catch Cotto off guard with the left hook. But the longer the fight goes, I just have a hard time visualizing how Oscar would go through without getting punished badly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.