Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Feliciano
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
The CEO
So I watched this guy get beat up the other night on FNFs...I had never seen him fight before....I had only heard of him on here when he fought Cintron...

I don't know, man...I think this kid is more dumb than brave...it's like he WANTS to get hit in the head...like he wants to be remembered as a can who could take punishment....not as a winner....he keeps doing the same things over and over....head up in the air...swinging really slow and wide....he makes Ponce De Leon look like a pugilistic genius....

I didn't see any sense of urgency or trying to change the tide on his part in his fight against that tough Tsurkan? dude...he isn't the Gatti or Ward he thinks he is or wants to be....people shouldn't aspire to be punching bags so they can get respect.

I think he's in the sport for the wrong reasons and needs to get out the game before his check gets cashed.
BrutalBodyShots
He's garbage. Although Gatti can't be considered "great" he could at least be classified as a good fighter where Feliciano is WAY below average. He may be able to take punches well like Gatti, but throws slow, sloppy slapping shots. The kid can't punch for shit, so unlike Gatti he's never going to have that 1 punch to bail him out of fights that he's well behind in. I thought he took an absolute beating the other night, and was really surprised that Teddy didn't comment about 3-4 rounds sooner that the corner should think about possibly stopping the fight. I mean when you get HIT with 60+ CLEAN shots in a round you're not going to make it through the fight... and he probably won't make it through his 30's either with the punishment he's taken.

Big Slim Sweet
I thought he already sounded pretty punchy in the prefight interview.
moscow bear
i dunno, when i first saw him against abdulaev i was surprised how good he looked. he lacks real power though, so his style is kinda inappropriate for that.
The CEO
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Apr 27 2008, 01:53 PM) [snapback]387808[/snapback]
I thought he already sounded pretty punchy in the prefight interview.

Me too...and he likes to think of himself as a "real life" Rocky....thing is...Balboa would have been reduced to a vegetable...in real life.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I've always been impressed with Feliciano. He's given many prospects a tough fight, and many think he was robbed when he fought Gonzalez, and many thought he looked good against Abdullaev. He shouldn't of taken this fight the other night. He fought a guy who was too big for him basically. He needs to be fighting at jr welter or welter. He should go down in weight and take a few tune up fights. Then he can get another opportuity on ESPN or something. He's already turned one opportunity on ESPN into a title shot. A title shot he nearly won as well.
thefloatingmonkey
I agree that he is more dumb than brave. He is not a talented fighter. He has a good chin, and is way to hittable. This is how guys die in the ring. He should definitely give up boxing for his own sake.
Mean Mister Mustard
Like KYLE said, he needs to fight at his proper weight. He has some good wins, Gomez, Phillips, Rodriguez. Feliciano is going to be good at sorting out which prospects are real and which are pretenders.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Apr 27 2008, 03:52 PM) [snapback]387823[/snapback]
Like KYLE said, he needs to fight at his proper weight. He has some good wins, Gomez, Phillips, Rodriguez. Feliciano is going to be good at sorting out which prospects are real and which are pretenders.

Maybe for now, but with the punishment he continues to take from fight to fight even that status won't last much longer.

Feliciano to me is like a shitty version of Wayne McCullough, just a few divisions off. A guy that takes a hell of a shot, is pretty sloppy and just comes forward all night without any real power. Any guy with a style like Feliciano is going to give his opponent some trouble for a few rounds while they adjust, so saying that Feliciano "looked good" against anyone really isn't saying much. Bottom line is that he looks horrible much more than he "looks good" overall.

The CEO
Even the slugging, tough Russian he was fighting was smart enough to dictate the distance and vary his punches...from watching THIS fight, it seems to me that Feliciano has no concept of strategy at all...

His accuracy, speed, and power is lacking way too much to keep coming forward like a mindless oaf...that shit won't work against contenders...
sweetchuck
Considering he lost his son last year, maybe he doesn't care if he dies in the ring or not. I'm sure he was getting a purse that was worth getting into the ring even though he said he was prepared for the fight. It sounded like he took the fight for the money. What he needs to do is go get some easy fights and build his record. Going back to welterweight woud be good too. He's the type that started taking fights over his head at an early part of his career and got put on the opponent list for matchmakers. From what I understand, he was a decent amateur. After about ten fights under the radar, much like Gatti did, he might be able to resurface. If he's going to be an opponent, he needs to learn how to survive like a Marteze Logan and look decent, but not take so much punishment. I remember seeing him on some Court TV show because his girlfriend was in some sort of trouble.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.