Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grand Theft Auto IV
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
CyruS
Picking up GTA4 at midnight..... check.

No work tomorrow..... check.

Admission of nerd status to play this game at 1AM till whenever...... check.

Anybody else?
rusty_trombone
I'm gonna wait till it comes from gamefly, then I'll probably keep it. They'll give me a discount
STEVENSKI
Picked up my copy 1/2 a hour ago. Three hours til I go home. 3.5 hours til I kill hookers for fun.
KookedKrack
cosign except i have the week off of work
Method
LOL. My boy is a character in that game - "Manny Escuela"
CyruS
I was up till 4 something in the morning with a bunch of my people playing this. Shit is mad fun. We were all in a bus with a 4 star wanted level battling it out with swat teams in the middle of time square. laugh.gif
BigG
Damn..gamespoot.com gave this a 10/10. They rarely give games a 10 so this must be really good.

I still have a my GTA: San Andreas saving from like 3 years ago....I paused the game, checked my stats and I've killed close to 20,000 people. laugh.gif
rusty_trombone
nothing better then killing random whores
Bill The Butcher
How's the multiplayer?
STEVENSKI
I have not had much time to get into this game yet but I kicked a bum or 2 to death for fun. Pedestrians are quite tough in this one.
CyruS
Multiplayer is alot of fun however, GTA IV multiplayer has been down for me the whole day. Server's must be busted from all the people overloading it I guess. But from my 1am-4am multiplayer action that I got to have, it's alot of fun. Pretty cool shit to be trying to take out the army on 6 star wanted level with your friends. Or just playing cops n robbers.
AKay
Add me for you 360 gamers!
AKay724

It was crazy my friend and I were flying a helicopter through NYC and I was riding shotgun just murking people lol.

Multiplayer is hot but theres always the cornballs shyt-talking and racists that mess it up.
Will
The CEO
I'm strongly considering buying a 360 just for this game....I used to be a playstation guy and was trying to hold out 'til the PS3 got updated....but most of you have the 360, right?
Method
I got PS3, holmes. I own a 360, but have not touched it since picking up the PS3.

'Executioner1' is my handle...if that don't work try just plain 'Executioner'.

I don't own this one yet, but should have it by Sun...

PS - You don't need to wait for PS3 to be updated. It's legit and will only continue to get better, and a lot of the system updates are downloadable. In case you didn't know, Blu-Ray won the format war, so look for MSFT to have to update their system accordingly. Also, PS3 currently is the best Blu Ray player out there, so you get two components for the price of one.

Get involved, CEO.
Al Hata
xboxlive tag : Big Goo 24

I'm trying to get online with this but I have a few roomates who are hard core GTAers. Online looks sick though, make sure you have your mic on....the things that are said during multiplayer are ridiculous.
The CEO
QUOTE(Method @ Apr 30 2008, 07:59 PM) [snapback]388207[/snapback]
I got PS3, holmes. I own a 360, but have not touched it since picking up the PS3.

'Executioner1' is my handle...if that don't work try just plain 'Executioner'.

I don't own this one yet, but should have it by Sun...

PS - You don't need to wait for PS3 to be updated. It's legit and will only continue to get better, and a lot of the system updates are downloadable. In case you didn't know, Blu-Ray won the format war, so look for MSFT to have to update their system accordingly. Also, PS3 currently is the best Blu Ray player out there, so you get two components for the price of one.

Get involved, CEO.

I want to....I'd really prefer to get the PS 3....for the value.....their multiplay is free too...I don't know....shit.

I know it has built in wireless as well....but I would wanna go wired through my Comcast Digital Voice modem....can you still go wired into the newer PS 3s?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 30 2008, 09:36 PM) [snapback]388217[/snapback]
I want to....I'd really prefer to get the PS 3....for the value.....their multiplay is free too...I don't know....shit.

I know it has built in wireless as well....but I would wanna go wired through my Comcast Digital Voice modem....can you still go wired into the newer PS 3s?

yeah it works wired. PS3 is by far the better buy and better system. Shit, HDDVD is done, so XBOX360 is gonna be screwed anyway. Microsoft is going to have to pay Sony licensing fees if they ever want to put next-gen games on there. or just make games that have like 7 discs circa 1996.

Multiplay is free, and the games are going to be way better, shit just look at the price of a stand alone blu-ray player.
The CEO
Ok...cool....I'm gonna look into Ebay and Newegg...my wife is against me getting one, but I will persuade her that it's a smart buy....and it really is...
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 30 2008, 09:57 PM) [snapback]388221[/snapback]
Ok...cool....I'm gonna look into Ebay and Newegg...my wife is against me getting one, but I will persuade her that it's a smart buy....and it really is...

does she know the benefits of full 1080p HD resolution? dntknw.gif
rusty_trombone
if anyone wants to add me to PS3, 'unlucko' is my name.
The CEO
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Apr 30 2008, 10:07 PM) [snapback]388223[/snapback]
does she know the benefits of full 1080p HD resolution? dntknw.gif

Yeah...I got her to appreciate HD...she loves it...but we don't do alot of TV or movie watching together...I'm the only one using the DVR, and I don't even use it that often....we always tried to be practical....this would basically be just another toy for me....and when it comes to my technology in the house, she thinks I already got plenty....but as a man, you know there's always room for more technology....lol
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 30 2008, 10:18 PM) [snapback]388227[/snapback]
Yeah...I got her to appreciate HD...she loves it...but we don't do alot of TV or movie watching together...I'm the only one using the DVR, and I don't even use it that often....we always tried to be practical....this would basically be just another toy for me....and when it comes to my technology in the house, she thinks I already got plenty....but as a man, you know there's always room for more technology....lol

you should be like, it's either this or a prostitute. suddenly a PS3 wouldn't look so bad. dntknw.gif
The CEO
pffffffff

She ain't that easy...and I've said some raw shit to many steadies in my time....but I chose a tough girl to be my old lady.

I'm pretty chauvanistic at times....but for this one I'd have to...."I'm a movement by myself...but I'm a force when we're together."

A good woman will make a man better.............

Anyway...why am I goin' on about that here?....

I wanna get involved in the shit that's going on in my sig!
KookedKrack
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Apr 30 2008, 10:08 PM) [snapback]388224[/snapback]
if anyone wants to add me to PS3, 'unlucko' is my name.

cool im babyfacek on ps3

QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 30 2008, 10:18 PM) [snapback]388227[/snapback]

yea definately the ps3 has good value plus you get blu ray movie playback as well as a wireless hub
The CEO
I don't wanna go wireless though....Comcast has been shitty for a while, and that would probably make it worse...I'm so disappointed with them, I've considered dropping down to DSL....

AT & T wants my business, and they just might get it....
CyruS
CyruS_Th4_V1Ru5 is my psn name. So meth, rusty, whoever add me up.

And C, quit fuckin around and get that PS3 laugh.gif

I got both 360 and ps3 and my 360 has been catching dust since I've gotten the triple.

And besides, why run the risk of getting a new 360 and getting GTA IV with it only to have it get the red lights of death? You will be wondering what exactly happened when you call microsoft and they send you the "coffin" in the mail. You won't see your 360 again for a month. laugh.gif

GTAIV is just crazy fun right now. I was in a group of 10 people earlier, we went to the strip club, only to find out when we get there, there are no strippers when in multiplayer only single player.

Long story short, we shot up the club. Then each other.

laugh.gif
The CEO
I don't plan on playing more than 3 games at a time...I don't need alot of space....I'm sure the 40 gig chassis will suffice..?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 30 2008, 11:17 PM) [snapback]388234[/snapback]
I don't wanna go wireless though....Comcast has been shitty for a while, and that would probably make it worse...I'm so disappointed with them, I've considered dropping down to DSL....

AT & T wants my business, and they just might get it....

my comcast actually works pretty well
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Apr 30 2008, 11:32 PM) [snapback]388237[/snapback]
I don't plan on playing more than 3 games at a time...I don't need alot of space....I'm sure the 40 gig chassis will suffice..?

it's plenty big. plus if you ever want to change, you can just switch it with any standard laptop drive. but 40 gig is plenty
Fitz
I have always been a playstation guy. Had the PS1 and PS2, but decided against the PS3 and went for the 360. They are killing playstation in the games department and the programmers actually get more out of there game. Sure the PS3 is supposedly the more powerful machine, not that it matters. Look who won these wars (NES vs Sega Master System and PS2 vs XBOX). The less powerful machine (NES and PS2 both won).
But back to the point, it doesn't always matter which machine is more powerful. The reason 360 games seems to play better than PS3 is the developers actually know how to write codes for there games. People know how to program for XBox (as it's Microsoft), people don't know how to program for the Playstation as it isn't a standard like a Microsoft product.
By the time PS3 really figure out there product and start using the blu-ray discs and there powerful machine to the fullest. The new XBox will probably be on the way again.
Also it doesn't really bother me about Blu-Ray winning the war. It won the war, but it doesn't mean it's going to be successful just yet. DVD is still relatively new, I'm not sure everyone is going to be throwing a DVD player that is a few years old at most for a product that costs close to $1000. PS3 have one of the best Blu-Ray players out there, and also one of the first. They will only get better and besides. If I want a player, I would probably buy a player specifically for that. How many of yous use a PS2 or something as your DVD player?
I will say that the 360 machine is pretty temperamental though. But the warranty for any of the red ring problems is a 3 year warranty.
I pretty much picked the console on better titles and better gaming experience. For me it was the 360.
KookedKrack
The ps3 playback is actually better than most standalone players, and the 360s have a huge history of crapping out mines gave me the red ring problem after about a year. Not all games look better on the 360 either gta4 for example according to ign and a few other game review sites the 360 version is inferior to the ps3 one. At the end of the day they are both good systems and they have their strengths/weaknesses but the pc>>both

Fitz
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ May 1 2008, 03:24 PM) [snapback]388253[/snapback]
The ps3 playback is actually better than most standalone players, and the 360s have a huge history of crapping out mines gave me the red ring problem after about a year. Not all games look better on the 360 either gta4 for example according to ign and a few other game review sites the 360 version is inferior to the ps3 one. At the end of the day they are both good systems and they have their strengths/weaknesses but the pc>>both

I was more talking about the feel of the game. Yeah I heard that GTA actually looks a little better on the PS3. But GTA was originally made for the 360 so they will be getting more extra downloadable content for now.
AKay
Best deal going on a ps3 is if you buy it at the sony store with a sony credit card you get $100 credit back on the card so you can end up getting a 40gb for 299.99.

Al HATA I got your invite!

I will try to play some tonight after 10pm. I have a conference call from 8-9pm and at 9 is my show supernatural lol.

Deathmatch is crazy on this!!! I like playing now before you get the no lives that have played the game for 7 days straight and know all the cheap stuff ruining the games.

Will
STEVENSKI
I am nowhere in this game as I just cannot stop myself from dealing out random beatings & knifings on my block. I try to play the game but always steal a cop car to get a gauge & then just kill random people.
Fitz
I still don't have the game and will try find out where I can get an original copy. In Australia, we got a damn censored version, so I will see if I can get the uncensored version.
STEVENSKI
Try the UK?
Fitz
I haven't really tried finding how to get an uncensored copy yet. I will when I get around to buying the game though.
Bill The Butcher
Got this game for 360. Good stuff. I like the physics of the game. It's pretty realistic on how your character runs, falls, flies out of a car window when it crashes, etc. I have fun just exploring Liberty City and doing random stuff.
Method
Got the game Sat afternoon. Boned Michelle 2 dates later. Decent game. Too much driving IMO, and the driving mechanics are a little loose...but whatever...pretty f'n cool nevertheless. Also don't like the fact that I'm a Russian.
KookedKrack
QUOTE(Method @ May 5 2008, 10:00 AM) [snapback]388625[/snapback]
Got the game Sat afternoon. Boned Michelle 2 dates later. Decent game. Too much driving IMO, and the driving mechanics are a little loose...but whatever...pretty f'n cool nevertheless. Also don't like the fact that I'm a Russian.

I didn't like the main character at first either but now that I am about 50% done i think he's the best main character I've played as in a game. He's not one dimensional like almost every other video game protagonist
HaydelHammer
bout it on fri. Just played in yesterday on 360.

Got my a$$ whipped about 5 times already (once by a chick)

already smashed "romans" car 5 times. Got shot down by Five-0 3 times

wrecked michelle ride when I didn't know the bowling alley was just up the stairs...ended up beating her a$$ just for kicks

that was all in an hour and a half of play.
blackbelt2003
Had the game come on pre-order.

The next day...I get the fucking ring of death on my 360. Bullshit...the warranty is out by three months. So now I gotta go get a new X Box before I can play it. Godammit!!!!

Black
KookedKrack
QUOTE(blackbelt2003 @ May 7 2008, 04:22 PM) [snapback]388807[/snapback]
Had the game come on pre-order.

The next day...I get the fucking ring of death on my 360. Bullshit...the warranty is out by three months. So now I gotta go get a new X Box before I can play it. Godammit!!!!
Black

dam that fucking sucks the same thing happened to me but it was with a zombie game called "dead rising"
The CEO
I'm sorry to hear that, black...and that comes at a bad time because I don't wanna sound happy when I tell the boys

I got that Triple today, yo....

It's deeeeeeep.

I got GTA IV, a used Fight Night Round 3, and should be online within a week....thumbsup_anim.gif

I didn't know Next Gen would feel so good.....GTA is incredible...Fight Night is cool, but a little disappointing so far...
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ May 7 2008, 08:11 PM) [snapback]388822[/snapback]
I'm sorry to hear that, black...and that comes at a bad time because I don't wanna sound happy when I tell the boys

I got that Triple today, yo....

It's deeeeeeep.

I got GTA IV, a used Fight Night Round 3, and should be online within a week....thumbsup_anim.gif

I didn't know Next Gen would feel so good.....GTA is incredible...Fight Night is cool, but a little disappointing so far...

it's about time, i'm still waiting for my copy of GTA, you used to play COD on the PC right? you should get it for PS3.
The CEO
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ May 7 2008, 08:38 PM) [snapback]388825[/snapback]
it's about time, i'm still waiting for my copy of GTA, you used to play COD on the PC right? you should get it for PS3.

I was Owning n00bs at will at CoD 4, and it got a little old...I may get it down the line though...been playing mostly Guitar Hero 3 on the PC before I got the console today...

I can see GTA 4 lasting forever at the rate I'll be playing it....

for those who have Fight Night 3....any unlockable characters or anything I should know about?
The CEO
and that Michelle chick is clingy and quirky, ain't she...I can see myself killing her tomorrow.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE(Fitz @ May 8 2008, 02:17 AM) [snapback]388829[/snapback]
black, not sure if you know but last year, XBox extended there warranty for any of the ring of death problems. The warranty was extended to 3 years for free. So if it is a ring of death problem, you should be covered. Anything else with the 360 only has the free 1 year warranty.

I know man, I'm out by three months INCLUDING the three year warranty. Sucks, huh?

Black
Al Hata
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ May 7 2008, 10:33 PM) [snapback]388839[/snapback]
for those who have Fight Night 3....any unlockable characters or anything I should know about?

No unlockable characters, but career mode is decent. You can pick from lots of styles, but you have to unlock them first. To do that, you need to defeat fighters in classic mode. Say you want Winky's turtle shell fighting style? If you beat him in classic mode you will unlock the style and can select it for you created guy right away.

Watch out for the weigh ins with your rival, they'll swing at you.

BTW, I have it for the 360.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.