Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gatti - Ivan Robinson I
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Spyder
I know this should go in the reflective section, but it aired last night on ESPN 2 so it's kinda current...

Damn it Jack...There's nothing to clutter, leave it alone!!!

laugh.gif

Anyway, they replayed that fight last night after the Ishe-Julio fight...Holy Crap! I forgot how fast those guys started...bombs after bombs from the opening bell.

Just wondering if anyone else caught that replay, and watched it as if it were a live fight like I did...
BrutalBodyShots
That's one of my favorite Gatti fights. The rematch was solid as well. I'd rank those fights in the top 5 along with Rodriguez, Ruelas and Ward I.

I loved how Gatti put Robinson on stilts in the final round of the fight... it had the look that it could be a last minute come from behind KO but Gatti didn't get it done. Close fight with lots of give and take.

Spyder
Mayweather didn't make the top five? laugh.gif

I guess that was more of an execution than a fight...but it was fun to watch.
BrutalBodyShots
Nah... the Mayweather fight had ZERO drama.

Gatti/Robinson I and II
Gatti/Ruelas
Gatti/Rodriguez
Gatti/Ward I and III

These fights are probably my favorite Gatti fights because all were competitive with back and forth action and all had drama. Even though he went 3-3 in those fights they were exciting as hell and he could have went 6-0 or 0-6 depending on the nights.

and the NEW
Yeh, those fights mentioned by Brutal above are Gattis best IMO!!!

I have been a long time Gatti fan and watched practically all his fights. I also like the DLH and Mayweather beatdowns, though wish Gatti tried to slug a bit more against Mayweather!
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(and the NEW @ May 7 2008, 02:46 AM) [snapback]388770[/snapback]
Yeh, those fights mentioned by Brutal above are Gattis best IMO!!!

I have been a long time Gatti fan and watched practically all his fights. I also like the DLH and Mayweather beatdowns, though wish Gatti tried to slug a bit more against Mayweather!

I think everyone wishes that Gatti tried to brawl with Mayweather... everyone except McGirt however, who sent him out there to BOX against arguably the best boxer in the world. Unreal.

BrutalBodyShots
I agree Fitz. Most everyone in this forum could have sent Gatti out there with a better game plan.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.