Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DLH-Forbes Prediction Thread?!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Spyder
Is this fight so obvious that it doesn't even get a thread?
rusty_trombone
i guess someone had to do it. forbes ko 2
The CEO
I wonder how much Forbes is gonna get paid for this loss....
oozemcbuck
i like forbes by dec.
BrutalBodyShots
Last I saw Oscar was a 24-1 favorite or something crazy. Not sure when the last time we saw a big name fighter with odds that wide. Lewis was 17-1 over Rahman in their first fight I think, but this is wider than that.

D-MARV
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ May 1 2008, 12:45 PM) [snapback]388289[/snapback]
Last I saw Oscar was a 24-1 favorite or something crazy. Not sure when the last time we saw a big name fighter with odds that wide. Lewis was 17-1 over Rahman in their first fight I think, but this is wider than that.

Wow, 24 to 1, I might drop a couple of dollars just for the hell of it. Anyways De La Hoya by UD! I think he will realize that Forbes is a tough guy and just Box his way to the victory.
Beside if he KOs him early, then How would that prepare him for Floyd?
Jack 1000
I don't think its necessary to do a thread for this one, because of the almost certain obvious outcome. I mean, is there even any doubt as to how this is going to play out? The only answers would be that Forbes could give Oscar a tough fight if Delahoya shows up like he did for the Sturm fight. But there is no way in hell that Stevie is walking out of there with a decision. Lampley's got the pom-pom routine all rehearsed at this point.

The only question is, will Forbes be competitive, not will he lose?

Jack
Nay_Sayer
What's the contract weight? Isn't it 150lbs?

What's the over-under?

I'm liking DLH by decision.
kidbazooka1
Watch Forbes shock the world and take DLH out. Now that would be some funny sh*t.
BigG
DLH is way too big for Forbes. Forbes can't hurt DLH and DLH will probably overwhelm him.
Hodge
I don't think Oscar is the strongest fighter Stevie has ever fought. I think K-9 was the strongest. Now Oscar is planets better than K-9, but as for forcing his will on him, I don't really see that happening.
Mean Mister Mustard
Forbes is not strong enough to impose his will on DLH like he did on Hopkins and Bojado and he is not a master boxer so I don't expect him to outbox Goldie.
PR316
De La Hoya will win via close, controversial decision. He'll look very unimpressive and people will be calling for his retirement after this fight. Forbes will make Oscar look very ordinary with some help from Oscar's age and ring rust.
rusty_trombone
wow, people actually think forbes will be competitive. hahaha. look at the history of the contender people in real fights against quality opposition. the only question is whether or not forbes will end the fight on his back or if the ref will just stop it.
KookedKrack
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ May 1 2008, 08:59 PM) [snapback]388332[/snapback]
wow, people actually think forbes will be competitive. hahaha. look at the history of the contender people in real fights against quality opposition. the only question is whether or not forbes will end the fight on his back or if the ref will just stop it.

cosign i think oscar is gonna walk him down sort of like he did mayarga
buford54
Isn't Forbes a former champ? Albeit from a much lighter weight. He's not just another chump from the contender, he was legit and used the Contender to get his name back out there.
Oscar won't look like the world-beater he did against Mayorga. He'll win a UD, but he won't look great doing it.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ May 1 2008, 07:59 PM) [snapback]388332[/snapback]

Like buford said, Forbes was a real fighter facing quality opposition long before he got on that show. He's the exception to the rule here. That said, he's too small for Oscar, though he does have the potential to make him look slow and ordinary at times.

I'll take Oscar TKO 10, with Lampley bursting a blood vessel in his forehead screaming so loud the moment the ref stops it.
rusty_trombone
forbes is a guy who ate himself out of several weight classes, and now is collecting a check.
Imperius3
DLH is too big and too fast. Forbes is a come forward fighter which is going to play into DLH's hands.

DLH might overwhelm him and get the stoppage, but Forbes is one tough son of a bitch who has never been stopped before.

DLH by a wide decision (9-3). I do not think ring rust and age has reached a critical point with DLH yet.
24 A BRICK
Oscar SHOULD win this fight easy, but I see it going for Forbes by SD. something tells me Oscar is not 100% mentally in this fight. Oscar always had that annoying calm arrogance to him, but in these last two weeks, Oscar's was close to obnoxious when speaking about his future fights. the old Oscar would of answered questions about future fights like "I'm only focused on the guy I'm fighting on May 3rd which is Steve Forbes". since the fight with Steve Forbes was signed, Oscar has named Manny Pac, Ricky Hatton Margarito, Cotto and Trinidad. those names are just for his 3rd fight this year. seems to me that not only is he overlooking Forbes, but he's already overlooking the Mayweather Jr rematch by talking about his close out career fight in December. looks like Mayweather Sr has planted some new blind arrogance into Oscar's psyche which may be Oscar's fatal downfall against Forbes. Oscar a few days ago before the weigh-in said, he was at 147 and was feeling good. he comes in to the weigh-in wearing some "heavy socks"(LOL!) the day before the fight, and is 1/2 LB over the weight limit. I think having Mayweather Sr a few years ago was good for Oscar, but Mayweather Sr seemed to have more of an agenda to look out for himself than Oscar nowadays. Sr has been on a insult Freddie Roach tour through the press since his comeback with Oscar. Sr insulting Roach is not only personal, but disgusting that Oscar hasn't got involved in defending Roach publicly. I'll be rooting for the boxing Gods so they can prevent Oscar and his promotional company in forcing the fans to pay for "the fight that will save boxing 2".
BrutalBodyShots
I love how 4 out of 5 of the names that DLH mentions as future possible opponents are guys SMALLER (and in some cases MUCH SMALLER) than him. And the 5th and only guy that's NOT smaller than him is 0-2 in the last 4 years.

Also what's with some people saying Forbes is a "come forward fighter" yet others say "his style is similar to Mayweather?"

Boxingjunkie
Oscar by TKO. He will flury on the ropes and the ref will stop it in the late rounds. Seen it a thousand times.
The Original MrFactor
I'm picking Forbes to upset DLH. Forbes is tough, fast and has a decent chin. If Forbes is still there in the late rounds, I expect him to be the one in the end landing cleaner more effective punches. I think Oscar's wind will do him in tonight. The fight will be competitive for the first 4 or 5, then it will swicth in favor of the hungrier, more determined guy. Face it folks, DLH fights once a year, is more into the business, gets fat in between fights and has no stamina. Why do you all think that he handpicked a guy who weighs 20lbs less than him. I think its because he thinks he can blitz Stevie Forbes and get him outta there in a few early rounds. Aint gonna happen. Oscar is gonna spend alot of energy early hoping to catch Forbes. In the end he's gonna pay.

Goodbye DLH/Mayweather II...

Hello Mayweather/Forbes(lol)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.