Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dirrell vs. Hanshaw
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Blayde
No one talking about that?

I think for a Showbox card this is a really great fight. We know Hanshaw is good, but will never be someone great, so its not like were going to see two prospects who we have huge expectations from, but with Dirrell at least for me there is one. And with Hanshaw there is a pretty good top 20 fighter who will be a BIG step up for Dirrell and who is pretty good at coming forward and pressuring you. Also Hanshaw stated that he had very seriously trained his conditioning for the first time, so if thats not just talk, he might not have a stamina issue like he always had in the past.

Im pretty hyped up for this fight and Im very interested how Dirrell will look. And if he beats Hanshaw, he will be right in the mix for a 168 eliminator and maybe a fight for a vacant title in the near future.
CreDog
Dirrell runs laps around Hanshaw... Literally not figuratively.
D-MARV
If Dirrell totally crushes Hanshaw or Vica Versa, How would that make Roy Jones Jr Look?
KookedKrack
there giving this fight on shotime right now i dont know if its a replay or not but a good scrap either way
KookedKrack
QUOTE(CreDog @ May 2 2008, 01:42 PM) [snapback]388389[/snapback]
Dirrell runs laps around Hanshaw... Literally not figuratively.

he's doing it figuratively as well he dropped him at the end of the 4th
Blayde
Well that was pretty impressive by Dirrell. His speed is unbelievable. But he was dropped in the first. He wasnt hurt, but you somehow get the feeling his chin might not be the best. Despite of that though, he seems to have the tools to beat anybody. I hope he wwill get an eliminator next.
sweetchuck
I thought the Dirrell knock down was more because he was cold. Once he warmed up in the second round it was all over. Dirrell might end up being the new Roy Jones. Ok maybe that's a little stretch, but it is good to see him break through. Still too early for a title fight, maybe this time next year.
CreDog
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ May 2 2008, 10:02 PM) [snapback]388437[/snapback]
he's doing it figuratively as well he dropped him at the end of the 4th

Good for Dirrell, I'll man up and say I'm wrong, when I'm wrong.

PR316
Was impressive the way he ran through Hanshaw but he's a bit too cocky for a prospect who hasn't proven too much.

Would like to see him against a Jeff Lacy or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.