Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Delahoya vs. Forbes: Round by Round/Postfight (Spoilers Aprox 9:15 CST)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
Catch all of the action LIVE on Fight Hype's Round by Round Page, beginning at 9 PM (CST)

Here is the round by round thread:

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyroun...39efdda95fd04d0

ALL COMMENTS ABOUT DELAHOYA-FORBES SHOULD STAY IN THIS ROUND BY ROUND THREAD. DUPLICATE THREADS AND OBVIOUS SPOILER THREADS WILL BE CLOSED AND/OR DELETED. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE.

Jack

Administrator

Fitz
I hope it doesn't drain it to get to the main fight. I have an indoor soccer game I need to pwn at in like 2 hours.
BigG
Lets go Stevie!
Mean Mister Mustard
BG, join the chatroom.
BigG
It says I have to register?

Competitive round...Forbes landed a nice combination at the end. Even round?

Round 1: 10-10
Mean Mister Mustard
Just put your name and email, its just for the chatroom
Fitz
DLH is winning so far but Forbes is making him look average.
Mean Mister Mustard
We need more people in the chatroom.
BigG
Alright I'll register.

I got DLH up 3-0-1.

Very competitive rounds. DLH getting hit alot.
flazi
DLH needs to retire. he looks too slow
BigG
The way Stevie's getting to his body...Cotto would kill him now.
BigG
Stevie has the skills to make this competitive but he just doesnt have the pop or size. His punches have no effect on Oscar.

I have it 5-0-1 for DLH. Stevie is cut.
KookedKrack
there is NO need for oscar vs. floyd 2 imo, not that there was a need before
Blayde
I think you could give Forbes the second and maybe also the first round. He really is pretty good, but its not enough.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ May 3 2008, 11:07 PM) [snapback]388506[/snapback]
there is NO need for oscar vs. floyd 2 imo, not that there was a need before

I agree.

Oscar ought to be ashamed of him damn self. shoulda ko forbes by now (imo). but then again it's oscar "I drink my coffee from the machine" delahoya
BigG
ROunds are starting to get more one-sided now..Oscar controlling Forbes.

6-0-1 for Oscar.
HaydelHammer
I must say I just completely eliminates manny from audio.

dude is terrible with fighters of the 21st century plain and simple. he needs a line up on that weak a$$ fro also.
Fitz
I agree that now I want to see DLH-Mayweather II even less. But in some way, Forbes has made DLH look worse than Mayweather did IMO.
flazi
commentators on oscar's nuts.
BigG
You think you could give round 8 to Forbes? He kinda fought like Floyd in that round.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE(Fitz @ May 3 2008, 11:11 PM) [snapback]388511[/snapback]
I agree that now I want to see DLH-Mayweather II even less. But in some way, Forbes has made DLH look worse than Mayweather did IMO.

He has. It's a crying shame. I can read floyds mind now "work the body and KO him late" oscar looks like sh*t against a guy with zero pop. He should be walking forbes down IMO.

All those suits he wears and machine coffee his wife clowned him about in PR is showing. Soft a$$.
Fitz
Mayweather is going to take a lot out of this fight. Oscar is clearly winning this fight, but doesn't look good at all. He has been easy to hit, just look at his face. It's marked up.
BigG
Round 10 to Oscar....both guys tired.
HaydelHammer
why is oscar NOT walking this guy down and just mashing on him?

Cardio? He has no confidence in it still IMO. Forbes isn't hurting him I feel..or is he?
BigG
Round 11 a close one...maybe to Oscar for being more active.
HaydelHammer
forbes will kick himself in the a$$ after this fight...

he'll wonder if he would have established a body attack early...(losing rds.no matter) and went all out late..he could have prob won some rds or out shined oscar...IMO.

BigG
Forbes isn't hurting him at all...Forbes throws good combos with good technique but he seriously lacks pop and size. His skill and defense is making this comeptitive but I guess he is losing round after round. Most you could prolly give him is 3
HaydelHammer
manny is so full of it. omg.

floyd will wipe out this version of dela treadmill.

zero confidence in himself to finish FORBES.
flazi
when is manny steward gonna take dlh balls out of his mouth?
BigG
Thats it. DLH clearly wins round 12. Should be a one-sided fight on the cards.
D-MARV
I have it 118-110 for Oscar!
Doesn't change my opinion for Sept.
Forbes is tough and made de la hoya miss alot.

Mayweather by wide UD!
HaydelHammer
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ May 3 2008, 11:28 PM) [snapback]388520[/snapback]
Forbes isn't hurting him at all...Forbes throws good combos with good technique but he seriously lacks pop and size. His skill and defense is making this comeptitive but I guess he is losing round after round. Most you could prolly give him is 3

what is your overall assessment of delahoya vs floyd 2. ....I feel it's all money for both, but floyd has the edge in conditioning, strength almost even (due to delahoya lack of conditioning) speed= floyd, combinations= floyd, counters = floyd, smarts in ring = floyd. I see UD for floyd second time around.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE(flazi @ May 3 2008, 11:30 PM) [snapback]388522[/snapback]
when is manny steward gonna take dlh balls out of his mouth?

As soon as he calls me to line his hair line up. and get a towel to wipe his sweaty a$$ down.
BigG
Cant see how DLH does anything differently in the rmeatch. Floyd by decision all day.
HaydelHammer
Larry merchant is laughing silently knowing this rematch with floyd is all about $$$ ..

I say floyd sign a fight with cotto. prob get just as much but not sure. PR will be behind cotto 100%
thefloatingmonkey
Man, the whole HBO crew was all over DLH's sack tonight! Saying that he was having an amazing fight and was fighting perfectly. IF he fought that way against any of the better fighters (Mayweather/Cotto) he would definitely get KO'd. He was hittable all night long!
D-MARV
there was a point late in the fight 10th or 11th where De La Hoya was all over Forbes then all of a sudden Forbes landed a great left hook that really hurt Oscar and back him off and Oscar fell into a shell. Did anyone catch that?

The HBO crew said nothing! I was pissed cuz that was Forbes best punch and The crew ignored it!
HaydelHammer
QUOTE(thefloatingmonkey @ May 3 2008, 11:38 PM) [snapback]388529[/snapback]
Man, the whole HBO crew was all over DLH's sack tonight! Saying that he was having an amazing fight and was fighting perfectly. IF he fought that way against any of the better fighters (Mayweather/Cotto) he would definitely get KO'd. He was hittable all night long!

I agree 100%

this actually makes me want to call hbo sports and ask the exec. over this mofo what is being talking about in the "meetings" on friday that being forced down to these clowns.

Oscar looked like sh*t. No confidence in his stamina and power at all tonight against a guy with NO POWER AT ALL. Not taking anything away from forbes. If he would have had some power.......he would have SEATED DeLaTreadmill with some of his counters I feel.
D-MARV
QUOTE(HaydelHammer @ May 3 2008, 11:43 PM) [snapback]388531[/snapback]
I agree 100%

this actually makes me want to call hbo sports and ask the exec. over this mofo what is being talking about in the "meetings" on friday that being forced down to these clowns.
Oscar looked like sh*t. No confidence in his stamina and power at all tonight against a guy with NO POWER AT ALL. Not taking anything away from forbes. If he would have had some power.......he would have SEATED DeLaTreadmill with some of his counters I feel.

Come on guys, You know they had to sell the big fight for sept.
No matter how shitty Oscar would have looked he would have fought perfectly in HBO's eyes!
Mean Mister Mustard
So from what Lampley and Steward said we know that:

-DLH doesn't fade anymore.

-He is not as tense.

-He is popping the jab that suddenly went "missing" in the PBF fight.

-He looks like the Oscar of 1998.

I'll pre-order the remacth right now!
hardhead
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 4 2008, 03:41 AM) [snapback]388530[/snapback]
there was a point late in the fight 10th or 11th where De La Hoya was all over Forbes then all of a sudden Forbes landed a great left hook that really hurt Oscar and back him off and Oscar fell into a shell. Did anyone catch that?

The HBO crew said nothing! I was pissed cuz that was Forbes best punch and The crew ignored it!

Yep I saw that too, I think it stunned Oscar and it was the first and only time that DLH held on.

Floyd's is going to beat DLH probably even more clearly this time. The first time around I thought Floyd clearly won anyway(regardless of that one judge). If Forbes was able to counter him Floyd will be able to do the same thing only 10X because Floyd has that speed, thing with Floyd is he's turned much more defensive then he was earlier in his career. He he waits and counters more than he used to and and then usually about 6 or 7 starts to really pick up the pace. I think if he fought a little more aggresive early on he could possibly knock DLH out late(because I'm still not buying DLH's conditioning late) but it'll more than likely just be a clear cut decision this time around...I had the fight 12-0 by the way...
Mean Mister Mustard
How did you rate the HBO crew's performance?
D-MARV
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ May 4 2008, 12:00 AM) [snapback]388535[/snapback]
How did you rate the HBO crew's performance?

I rate them up there with Heather Brooke!
That was some nice DEEPTHROAT!
Jack 1000
Well,

That sparring session ended and I wanted to erase it so I did. It took a ridiculous half-hour from the opening to get to the fight. But we got what we expected. I had all rounds for Oscar, except round 1, which I scored even.

Jack
Imperius3
12-0 DLH.

It was a decent scrap with both fighters trading some good leather. I thought DLH looked good, but not great. Forbes was game throughout. Forbes showed that DLH was pretty hittable, and that tells me that an even sharper puncher like Mayweather will still have a field day. DLH did not fade, and he finished strong. Mayweather's defense will cause DLH to miss more though, which may tire him like before.

If a rematch happens, so be it. I would rather see them move on though.
WolfishPromistah
I suspect excitement will not be a major word coming to mind at the thought of Oscar fighting this way against Floyd, although the HBO crew seemed to pump this one up like the outcome we actually received might somehow make the rematch between "Dela" and "Money May" -- that Floyd will trounce Oscar the second time around for sure -- less determinable in the eye of certainty. Yes! It was nice that Oscar gave a handout to Steve "2 lb" Forbes. But Forbes, who, although has a proven chin and very respectable skill, is just not quite on the level as Floyd Mayweather end of story. All this showed tonight is that Oscar will be even less able to handle as sharp a puncher, with stamina and more power and speed, than the guy he fought tonight.

Fitz
Oscar clearly won the fight, but rounds were competitive and Forbes did make DLH look bad. I actually thought Forbes made DLH look worse than Mayweather did. Also credit to Forbes, a much, much smaller guy was willing to get in there and really make a fight. He traded with the bigger man and while I don't like "The Contender" fighters because I don't like the show, he put up a game effort. This is something Mayweather should take note of. Mayweather made the fight boring the first time and was quite hesitant to actually fight. Hopefully Mayweather looks at this fight and feels a little embarrassed from the first fight (because he should be after watching how Forbes fought) because he should have done so much more.
Mayweather actually should do more, and he should be feeling might confident in the rematch. I'm not saying Oscar's chin is bad or anything now, but I get the feeling that in the tail end of his career he doesn't react to shots as well as he used to. He doesn't get hurt, but he seems to freeze and takes a little time to regroup at times. If Mayweather puts in any kind of decent attack and tries to look impressive. I would not be surprised if he was able to stop DLH in the later rounds. That's if he is willing to put it any kind of attack like he did against Hatton. But then again he was bigger than Hatton, so not sure if he will have the balls to fight a more eye pleasing fight. Though he should, because Forbes did and didn't do to bad, he just couldn't get the respect off Oscar.
Cotto beats DLH as well IMO. Oscar looked like he slipped (though I haven't really seen Forbes and just could have been style). His timing was off, he looked slower and wasn't difficult to hit at all. His defense was pretty poor (and I thought his defense was solid against Mayweather).
This could also be ring rust, it was exactly a year since his last fight and this fight was supposed to get rid of the cob webs and that, so who knows, we will wait and see. All I know is that I'm less interested in the Mayweather fight now that I was before.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(WolfishPromistah @ May 3 2008, 11:56 PM) [snapback]388544[/snapback]
I suspect excitement will not be a major word coming to mind at the thought of Oscar fighting this way against Floyd, although the HBO crew seemed to pump this one up like the outcome we actually received might somehow make the rematch between "Dela" and "Money May" -- that Floyd will trounce Oscar the second time around for sure -- less determinable in the eye of certainty. Yes! It was nice that Oscar gave a handout to Steve "2 lb" Forbes. But Forbes, who, although has a proven chin and very respectable skill, is just not quite on the level as Floyd Mayweather end of story. All this showed tonight is that Oscar will be even less able to handle as sharp a puncher, with stamina and more power and speed, than the guy he fought tonight.

Agreed, but the suckers will probably buy the $60 PPV ripoff anyway. I wish PPV would start bombing, than maybe we can get the great fights back on standard HBO again.

Jack
Mean Mister Mustard
Jack, the PPV won't bomb, but I doubt it does the numbers it did the first time.

I'm interested to see how MMA does on CBS. If the numbers are huge, expect promoters to try and bring boxing back to national TV. Or at least cut down on PPV's.
kidbazooka1
Wow the hate for oscar on this forum is f*king incredible you would have thought he was screwing everyones mom around here.

Oscar pretty much dominated the fight hurt Forbes on a couple of occasions and took an easy UD. I agree the commnets about him looking like the Oscar of old was stupid but he looked good agianst Forbes who even though is smaller than Oscar is a crafty muthaf*cker who is very defensive minded.

Don't get me wrong im no Oscar fanatic I even picked Forbes to upset him but the hate that is displayed for him on this forums is f8cking insane.

I think a Myaweather match is pointless only because we know what Floyd is gonna do and thats run for 10 rds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.