Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something to make the Monkeys Laugh
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
DE LA HOYA-FORBES POST FIGHT PRESSER

Boxingtalk was on hand for the Oscar De La Hoya-Steve Forbes post fight presser in Los Angeles, California last night. You don't want to miss what the Golden Boy and everyone else had to say following last night's historic event.

laugh.gif @ this being "members only" material!

laugh.gif @ this being "historic"

rolleyes_anim.gif
oozemcbuck
jester.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ May 4 2008, 10:45 PM) [snapback]388602[/snapback]
DE LA HOYA-FORBES POST FIGHT PRESSER
Boxingtalk was on hand for the Oscar De La Hoya-Steve Forbes post fight presser in Los Angeles, California last night. You don't want to miss what the Golden Boy and everyone else had to say following last night's historic event.

laugh.gif @ this being "members only" material!

laugh.gif @ this being "historic"

rolleyes_anim.gif

....LOL @ jester.gif who wrote that !!! Historic, nono.gif !!!!
BrutalBodyShots
It was pretty historic actually...

Because I can't think of many other huge PPV draw fighters facing opponents that they are favored 24-1 or wider against.

Tyson-Douglas is one of the few that comes to mind... but no others actually.

Byrd Man
Darren Nichols was credited with the blurb on the front page. I am not a member so I don't know what wonders appeared before your eyes once logged in. lol

AKay
To defend btalk a little bit, its also members only material at maxboxing.
Byrd Man
the "historic" was what made me laugh to start with.
sweetchuck
I think the only history made might have been Oscar's last win if he gets his Mayweather and Cotto fights. I thought the Ishe Smith, more than just a contender article was more of a laugh. I didn't read it, but Darren Nichols must have been paid to pen that article because Ishe's biggest accomplishment was The Contender. He's never going to win a world title. Not even IBO.
Spyder
Why lock something that ESPN was showing for free?

dntknw.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.