Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather-DLH 2
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
sweetchuck
So I watched the "infomerical" of DLH trying to make a statement that he can do better against Mayweather the second time around. Is it just me or does anyone else think if DLH fought like that against Mayweather he would get beat worse than the first time? He was very hittable. I think this time it will be a dominate performance by Mayweather. While Mayweather will land more leather, is it really worth our time and money?
xxxxxx
QUOTE(sweetchuck @ May 5 2008, 12:31 AM) [snapback]388615[/snapback]
So I watched the "infomerical" of DLH trying to make a statement that he can do better against Mayweather the second time around. Is it just me or does anyone else think if DLH fought like that against Mayweather he would get beat worse than the first time? He was very hittable. I think this time it will be a dominate performance by Mayweather. While Mayweather will land more leather, is it really worth our time and money?

I think if Sr. is in Oscar's corner it makes it more interesting.I'll prolly order the fight based on that and the fact that I'm a Mayweather fan.
The CEO
I won't pay to see it....but from what everyone's saying about his Forbes performance, it seems Goldy might take more punishment in the rematch....which would be entertaining for me....

This fight will be one of those where I make a point to watch it the very next morning...
buford54
I'm fairly certain that both ODLH and Floyd both want the fight...or at least they want the 20-40 million dollars that they will get for fighting.
Also, neither of them will get hurt...so they want it badly.
oozemcbuck
QUOTE(sweetchuck @ May 5 2008, 01:31 AM) [snapback]388615[/snapback]

it won't be worth the money. he will get beat worse if he fights like that. i think oscar was SHOCKED that steve hit him so much, and even more shocked that his face was lumped black eye.gif . i think oscar learned his lesson from this fight and fight a very careful/gay fight. no ko's in this one. and then maybe fight chavez jr. cuz i know he wants to win 1 more before he goes. the mexicans would go crazy over that fight, so there's money there, and he'll win, something that won't happen if he fights cotto. nono.gif if my boy's satellitte is up, i'll watch it over there for free. if not, i'll wait for the replay.
Spyder
EVERYONE will buy this fight...that's why it's getting made.

Whether it's worth the money...probably not. But the event might be. Like the first one, it will be the fight that everyone is talking about, even people that don't know boxing. It will probably get annoying to the hardcore fans, because we know that it's a show with a predetermined outcome. But never-the-less, it will also be fun to hear people talk about boxing. People who have never even heard of Miguel Cotto will buy it, and throw a party.

Go to one of those, and take as many bets from drunk asses as you can get. Some will pay, some will not. Either way it'll be fun to laugh at the losing drunkard.
JD
No.

But...I will buy it.
KookedKrack
QUOTE(JD @ May 5 2008, 05:11 PM) [snapback]388641[/snapback]
No.

But...I will buy it.

Same here. I will bitch about there being no need for this fight. I will mention how forbes light hitting ass had oscar's face all fucked up and this will be an easy ud for floyd, then come sept. I will pay 60$ dntknw.gif . I always do this for the bullshit ppvs that come out yet i end up buying them.
FenderDG3
I think if Oscar doesn't get some things tightened up defensively that PBF will definitely beat Oscar up in the rematch. I was amazed by how hittable he was and the damage that Forbes inflicted on Oscar. I also see no need for a rematch. Like some of you said, I'm going to bitch and moan about the PPV, and then probably breakdown and buy it too. I'm not a big fan of DLH at all, but like I told a buddy of mine earlier today... I'm a fan of boxing so I like anything that is good for boxing, and as much it pains me to admit it Oscar is good for boxing. The Floyd Sr. vs. Little Floyd and Roger story line is pretty intriguing and is probably the only reason I'll breakdown and get the PPV.
FenderDG3
BTW I know it will never happen because of the money factors, but does anybody feel the way I do. By that I mean with the talk of DLH fighting Cotto after Mayweather that DLH should fight Cotto in September (instead of Mayweather) which is probably too soon for Cotto with Cotto/Margo. in July. Then have Floyd fight the winner of DLH/Cotto in early '09?? I think that makes the most sense from a fan standpoint, but I know it won't happen because Oscar brings more money to the table for Floyd than Cotto does at this point.
Imperius3
If DLH loses to Mayweather again, how can DLH even justify a fight with Cotto? Why not just go straight for Cotto?
KookedKrack
yea that makes more sense but i think cotto would fuck him up alot worse than MW would though
BrutalBodyShots
I won't buy Mayweather-DLH II, and I buy almost ALL big PPV's. I think Mayweather wins CLEARLY, and possibly is the first to stop DLH late. If I thought DLH had a good chance at the upset I'd order it, but I just don't see it. I'll watch it a week later and save the money.

JD
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ May 5 2008, 05:38 PM) [snapback]388647[/snapback]
Same here. I will bitch about there being no need for this fight. I will mention how forbes light hitting ass had oscar's face all fucked up and this will be an easy ud for floyd, then come sept. I will pay 60$ dntknw.gif . I always do this for the bullshit ppvs that come out yet i end up buying them.

Yep...I will moan about how Floyd should fight the Cotto - Margarito winner...and rightfully so, but I know right now I have have a group of people by pounding beers and watching the event.
D-MARV
I guess im one of the only "SUCKAZ" thats gonna buy this thing! I can't help it
I hope the undercard will be decent
BoxingStill#1
I will undoubtibly buy the PPV..

Mainly because we havent seen a PPV since march 15th.....

Weve seen:

Casamayor
Tarver
Dawson
Johnson
Cazaghe
Hopkins
Cotto
Margarito
Delahoya

We will see:

Judah
Mosely
Pavlik

..............I think we will be due for a PPV....
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE(FenderDG3 @ May 5 2008, 05:52 PM) [snapback]388650[/snapback]
BTW I know it will never happen because of the money factors, but does anybody feel the way I do. By that I mean with the talk of DLH fighting Cotto after Mayweather that DLH should fight Cotto in September (instead of Mayweather) which is probably too soon for Cotto with Cotto/Margo. in July. Then have Floyd fight the winner of DLH/Cotto in early '09?? I think that makes the most sense from a fan standpoint, but I know it won't happen because Oscar brings more money to the table for Floyd than Cotto does at this point.

In addition,.......DLH knows if he pulls a win off with Mayweather it would put him in a perfect postion, on top of the world once again.
Boxingjunkie
No way Oscar beats Floyd. Now that Floyd knows what to expect from Oscar it will be a much easier fight this time around. Whats the greatest trainer in the world gonna do when his meal ticket gets beat? I guess he can always blame Freddie Roach.
sweetchuck
I'm actually disgusted at the fight and I've got involvement in the sport in all ways (boxer, manager, trainer, writer). This fight shows how much business and how little sport it is. I won't watch it period, not even the replay. That bullshit they called a fight a year ago was the worst thing for boxing because all kinds of people who aren't even fans of the sport came out to watch it. And what did they do, they danced around for 12 rounds. The only way I will watch that fight is if the contract reads like this (and it will never happen even though it should).

Mayweather: $8 million
DLH: $5 million
$5 million win bonus
$5 million knockout bonus
and no ppv bonus unless there are more than 600 combined landed punches according to compubox.

Win bonuses and knockout bonuses should become the norm, we'll get a better fights. Ok so if they do something like Nate Campbell vs. Cassamayor on the undercard it might have me go to the bar to watch that fight. But I'll leave before Mayweather-DLH
FenderDG3
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ May 5 2008, 06:59 PM) [snapback]388658[/snapback]
yea that makes more sense but i think cotto would fuck him up alot worse than MW would though

I think so too. If Forbes could mark up DLH's face and get to his body, what is a guy as ferocious and pressure oriented like Cotto gonna do to the guy?? He's gonna put a hurting on Oscar that's what.
FenderDG3
QUOTE(piper the great @ May 5 2008, 10:15 PM) [snapback]388676[/snapback]
shane & zab is a ppv fight.

im not buying dlh/pbf fight. at most ill go to a bar & watch it. really im hoping floyd pulls out but it aint gonna happen.

Just to add to this, I think Cotto vs. Margarito is PPV also
Mean Mister Mustard
It's a shame this fight is happening. I wasn't even too high coming into the first one and even less so in this one. Basically why watch a fight in which you know what the outcome is going to be? At least if it would be a war I would but it is not going to. I might as well re-watch Mayweather-Baldomir.
U.S. Champ
QUOTE(sweetchuck @ May 6 2008, 12:28 AM) [snapback]388679[/snapback]
I'm actually disgusted at the fight and I've got involvement in the sport in all ways (boxer, manager, trainer, writer). This fight shows how much business and how little sport it is. I won't watch it period, not even the replay. That bullshit they called a fight a year ago was the worst thing for boxing because all kinds of people who aren't even fans of the sport came out to watch it. And what did they do, they danced around for 12 rounds. The only way I will watch that fight is if the contract reads like this (and it will never happen even though it should).

Mayweather: $8 million
DLH: $5 million
$5 million win bonus
$5 million knockout bonus
and no ppv bonus unless there are more than 600 combined landed punches according to compubox.

Win bonuses and knockout bonuses should become the norm, we'll get a better fights. Ok so if they do something like Nate Campbell vs. Cassamayor on the undercard it might have me go to the bar to watch that fight. But I'll leave before Mayweather-DLH

Dude your a genius that would guarantee a good fight between boxing biggest hustla's
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(BoxingStill#1 @ May 5 2008, 09:53 PM) [snapback]388672[/snapback]
I will undoubtibly buy the PPV..

Mainly because we havent seen a PPV since march 15th.....

We will see:

Judah
Mosely
Pavlik

..............I think we will be due for a PPV....

Mosley Judah is a PPV...
sweetchuck
Win bonuses and such are why MMA is becoming much more popular that boxing. If a fighter was going to get 50% more if he wins, he's going to try harder. It's too easy for these boxers to cruise and look good later because they'll get their purse no matter what. They need some incentives.
streetlion1
Not a fight I really want but a fight im not that mad about seeing. DLH with Mayweather Sr. in his corner should provide a threat to PBF. I just hope its better than the first.
and the NEW
I didn't want it to happen at all after the first outing.

But with DLH back to his old school, pressuring, measured attacking style, I think he has a chance again (though, Mayweather still the favourite).

I will be excited to watch this fight. Then onto both fighting Cotto.

Mayweather Sr won't make a difference in this one. This comes down to doing what DLH does best, what was ingrained in him during the amateurs and the first half of his professional career under Alcazar. This is the style that suits DLH, nothing more, nothing less.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.