Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosley vs. Judah CANCELLED
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
EpTXCHAMP
From our dear friend G lol

zab needs 50 stiches after a slip and fall through a shower door

Interesting thing here does shane have to wait for zab? I mean he is getting older by the day I dont know if GBP has something in the contract where in case of injury shane can pursue another fight? I Just dont think it be best for shane to wait he should look else where. On the other hand this can give zab time to work with floyd SR since he was a bit busy with DLH for his forbes fight

Mean Mister Mustard
Maybe this will give GBP time to get a decent undercard together. By the way, when Judah fell, did try to get up but fall again doing a chicken dance?
D-MARV
Can you post a source?

50 stitches is a lot for a slip and fall.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 8 2008, 01:07 PM) [snapback]388889[/snapback]
Can you post a source?

50 stitches is a lot for a slip and fall.

B-TALK Im assuming zab called up greg since they boys its on the front page here now too.

50 stiches in his right arm is alot put im assuming it was mostly from the glass door he went through
Douchebag
Who would Shane fight thats as big a name as Zab Judah at this point?
D-MARV
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ May 8 2008, 03:10 PM) [snapback]388890[/snapback]
B-TALK Im assuming zab called up greg since they boys its on the front page here now too.

50 stiches in his right arm is alot put im assuming it was mostly from the glass door he went through

Gotcha, Thanks!

This sucks, they aint gonna postpone this fight! The fight is off all together.
thehype
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 8 2008, 03:17 PM) [snapback]388892[/snapback]

Yep. From what I hear, if Judah can't step in the ring on May 31st, the fight's off for good and he'll have to go back to making $50K on ESPN.

OUCH!
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(The Conscience @ May 8 2008, 01:16 PM) [snapback]388891[/snapback]
Who would Shane fight thats as big a name as Zab Judah at this point?

exactly what I was thinking.

GBP knows shane doesnt have much time left which is why Im guessing there trying to move on with someone else. my guess would be quintana but any word if him and paul are signed to fight but like actually signed contract and all?

other then him I dont see them putting him against clottey. Cintron is prob still healing no need for a collazo rematch I just see no other name fighter out there for him other than zab
Douchebag
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 8 2008, 03:17 PM) [snapback]388892[/snapback]
Gotcha, Thanks!

If thats the case Zab should drop to 140 and beat up Paulie Malignaggi so he can set up a big payday for himself against Ricky Hatton in the UK.

Zab is throwing his money away on G. Leon, he should give me that Cheddar because I would advise him to take fights that he can actually win.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(The Conscience @ May 8 2008, 01:28 PM) [snapback]388896[/snapback]
If thats the case Zab should drop to 140 and beat up Paulie Malignaggi so he can set up a big payday for himself against Ricky Hatton in the UK.
Zab is throwing his money away on G. Leon, he should give me that Cheddar because I would advise him to take fights that he can actually win.

man everyone has been telling zab to go down to 140. He can get a rematch with witter or knock out paulie and increase his stock.

where's that byrd man guy that post members only stuff on here? cuz g has an interview with zab up but I aint a member i seriously got to hear how this knuckle head fell through a glass door lol he did the kostya dance part 2
Col Reb
I like the idea of Shane fighting Quintana and Zab facing Paulie. Those would be two good fights. I just wish we could see Shane fight PBF before his career is over.
thehype
Well it's official now....the fight is cancelled (as reported correctly by FightHype and incorrectly by btalk...postponed...lol...slippin):

MOSLEY VS. JUDAH CANCELED

The scheduled May 31 fight between Shane Mosley and Zab Judah has been canceled due to an arm injury suffered by Judah during his Las Vegas training camp it was announced by Golden Boy Promotions today. The HBO Pay-Per-View event was scheduled to take place at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content2609.html
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(thehype @ May 8 2008, 02:15 PM) [snapback]388901[/snapback]
Well it's official now....the fight is cancelled (as reported correctly by FightHype and incorrectly by btalk...postponed...lol...slippin):

MOSLEY VS. JUDAH CANCELED

The scheduled May 31 fight between Shane Mosley and Zab Judah has been canceled due to an arm injury suffered by Judah during his Las Vegas training camp it was announced by Golden Boy Promotions today. The HBO Pay-Per-View event was scheduled to take place at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content2609.html

so whats the biz hype. Does shane have to agree with a re schedule? looks like shaff is on board to re schedule this thing maybe they can scrap up a better under card in the mean while
Hodge
I'm almost happy this happened. It had the makings of a crumby card. I like the Shane vs. Zab match up and all of the crap coming along with it, but this is a regular TV fight. Shane is coming off of a loss albeit close and Zab hasn't won a big one in years. Blessing in disguise to some fans.
dj necrogenic
They're now blaming Jin for this cancellation.... Where is she, we need to hear her side
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ May 8 2008, 02:37 PM) [snapback]388904[/snapback]
They're now blaming Jin for this cancellation.... Where is she, we need to hear her side

haha man they are clowning on shane lol

but if what they are saying is true then Jin really does wear the pants in that relationship lol laugh.gif

I mean seriously just two weeks after that original date after getting 50 stitches and on regualr hbo instead of PPV what more could she want?
Big Slim Sweet
Fuck your blessings in disguises, I'm not happy about this at all. I had tickets to the damn fight.

Mosley's old. He only fights twice a year as it is. What, now he has to waste three months of training and wind up only fighting once this year? That's not good for what's left of his career.

Fucking dumbfuck shit-for-brains Judah. Has there ever been a professional athlete fuck things up for himself more than this idiot? Fell in the shower??? Are you fucking kidding me????
Byrd Man
JUDAH CAMP: MOSLEY DOESN'T WANT TO RESCHEDULE!
By G. Leon

Moments ago Zab Judah and his managers informed Boxingtalk that Shane Mosley and Golden Boy Promotions are unwilling to negotiate a new date for a fight with Judah, even though the fight could have been rescehduled for as early as two weeks later than the original May 31, 2008 date. Judah's manager, Dave Richardson, told Boxingtalk, "HBO would have found a date to put it on regular HBO and we told them we could be ready two weeks, but when Richard (Schaefer) got Jin on the phone she said, 'absolutely not.' There isn't a fight we want more than Shane Mosley, so we're disappointed by her remarks. Shane didn't turn it down, his wife did. I don't know what it is, when a man can't make a decision in his own life. I know I got the last word in my household," concluded Richardson.

No offense to Jin, Shane or anyone, but this allegation has been dogging Shane forever. And I don't think it'll ever go away. I have no idea if it's true or not, and if it was just this one time, I'd chalk it up to Zab being an idiot as usual, but that specific allegation of Jin doing the talking/fighting behind the scenes for Shane is always coming up.

Not a good look, I have to say.

But as the cliche goes "consider the source" this being on B-Talk and all.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ May 8 2008, 04:09 PM) [snapback]388910[/snapback]

Consider the source indeed. Consider that Leon is enemies with the Mosley's and sucks Zab dick.

It's a convenient excuse. I don't believe Zab fell through a shower door for a minute. Yoel probably threw his ass through if anything. Or some loanshark Zab owes payment to on one of his rides. I think this is just the Judah camp's bullshit way of trying to deflect the blame, which is 100% all on them, as it always is every time.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ May 8 2008, 03:09 PM) [snapback]388910[/snapback]
No offense to Jin, Shane or anyone, but this allegation has been dogging Shane forever. And I don't think it'll ever go away. I have no idea if it's true or not, and if it was just this one time, I'd chalk it up to Zab being an idiot as usual, but that specific allegation of Jin doing the talking/fighting behind the scenes for Shane is always coming up.

Not a good look, I have to say.

It's really Richardson's credibilty on the line im sure Greg is just reporting what he says. So what it boils down to is what Richardson saying true?

Im sure hype will get jin on here soon to hear her side cause if its true what Richardson is saying she'll look pretty dumb for turning that down. I mean the pic of zab's arm on b-talk looks nasty. one cut is pretty deep yet the judah camp was just asking for two more weeks. Im waiting till I hear both sides
Byrd Man
That's a great point. Two fucking weeks? That's it?

Unless you have doubts that he'll be fully healed in time for the 2 week later fight, then there's absolutely no reason to turn that down.

TWo fucking weeks???? What's wrong with that?

As I said, the only thing I can think of that would make them turn it down is that they didn't think he'd be fully healed, and would end up having to back out or try to extend again.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Big Slim @ May 8 2008, 04:19 PM) [snapback]388912[/snapback]
Consider the source indeed. Consider that Leon is enemies with the Mosley's and sucks Zab dick.

It's a convenient excuse. I don't believe Zab fell through a shower door for a minute. Yoel probably threw his ass through if anything. Or some loanshark Zab owes payment to on one of his rides. I think this is just the Judah camp's bullshit way of trying to deflect the blame, which is 100% all on them, as it always is every time.

Good points to consider,

But I want to reinforce what was stated above. The main issue is that this is NOT a PPV caliber match. If the match does eventually happen, it should be on HBO or not at all.

Jack
Big Slim Sweet
Fuck you little bitches buying into this bullshit blaming the cancellation on Shane and not Zab. Who's the dumbass that fucked it up in the first fucking place?

The report said Zab was advised not to train for four weeks. That puts us into the first week of June. So what's Zab saying? That he'll just heal up and then go fight a week later without taking the time to get himself back in fighting shape? How realistic does that sound?

Jack, I don't give a flying shit whether this fight is rescheduled for PPV or WCB. I was excited cause I had tickets to see it live and I know damn well I won't be in Vegas if and when it is rescheduled so this fight is over for me, period. I hope they don't reschedule it. I hope Shane just goes and fights someone else on HBO this summer and we see Zab grinding it out with Cornelius Bundage or Chris Smith on ESPN2.
thehype
QUOTE(Big Slim @ May 8 2008, 05:46 PM) [snapback]388917[/snapback]
Fuck you little bitches buying into this bullshit blaming the cancellation on Shane and not Zab. Who's the dumbass that fucked it up in the first fucking place?

The report said Zab was advised not to train for four weeks. That puts us into the first week of June. So what's Zab saying? That he'll just heal up and then go fight a week later without taking the time to get himself back in fighting shape? How realistic does that sound?

Jack, I don't give a flying shit whether this fight is rescheduled for PPV or WCB. I was excited cause I had tickets to see it live and I know damn well I won't be in Vegas if and when it is rescheduled so this fight is over for me, period. I hope they don't reschedule it. I hope Shane just goes and fights someone else on HBO this summer and we see Zab grinding it out with Cornelius Bundage or Chris Smith on ESPN2.

clapping.gif

Big Slim sees what's going on here.

Talked to Jin...will have something up shortly.

Oh...and regarding Jin doing the talking for Shane, you really gotta understand that she's his manager/advisor...that's what she's supposed to do. I mean, if leon does the talking for Ishe Smith, which he does, does that make him his wife?

LOL
Byrd Man
Hype, I'm not laying blame on anyone. Just saying that with what we have to go on right now, there are questions as to what is going on.

And yes, Jin is his manager, of course she's going to make decisions like that.

I'm just saying that the perception is the key, and I think that ANY male boxer who has his wife as his manager, is going to catch shit for that whole "she makes the decisions" thing.

It's not even the same thing if a man has a male manager and that guy is making the calls.

It's a cruel double standard, but it's a reality.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(thehype @ May 8 2008, 03:53 PM) [snapback]388918[/snapback]
clapping.gif

Big Slim sees what's going on here.

Talked to Jin...will have something up shortly.

Oh...and regarding Jin doing the talking for Shane, you really gotta understand that she's his manager/advisor...that's what she's supposed to do. I mean, if leon does the talking for Ishe Smith, which he does, does that make him his wife?

LOL

yes its does sorry Ishe lol jk in all seriousness cant wait to hear what jin has to say. I for the rocord aint blaming her or shane for the cancel
i just said if its true what richardson is saying why not wait the two weeks and fight zab. If i was an advisor I'd say hey zab wouldnt be able to train and may not be fully healed should be an easy win right?

I hope b-talks assumption aint true of a mayorga mosely fight I mean are you serious mayorga? he hasnt won a meaningful fight since 2003!

that card would be a laugher
thehype
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ May 8 2008, 05:59 PM) [snapback]388919[/snapback]
Hype, I'm not laying blame on anyone. Just saying that with what we have to go on right now, there are questions as to what is going on.

And yes, Jin is his manager, of course she's going to make decisions like that.

I'm just saying that the perception is the key, and I think that ANY male boxer who has his wife as his manager, is going to catch shit for that whole "she makes the decisions" thing.

It's not even the same thing if a man has a male manager and that guy is making the calls.

It's a cruel double standard, but it's a reality.

I don't really think he catches shit for it...and even if he does, I don't really think he cares.

I mean, it's 2008 for crying out loud...are we really still holding on to the old adage that "the man wears the pants in the household"? Surely we're not still that backwards in our thinking...not when our next president could be a female.

dntknw.gif

Regardless of who's managing Shane's career, it really doesn't change my perception of him as a fighter.

Quite frankly, in a time when most fighters avoid fighting other elite fighters, I give Shane and his manager more credit than ANY male boxer because he's willing to fight guys that are avoided (like Miguel Cotto and Winky Wright) and he's always up for an immediate rematch. Hell, let's remember that Zab isn't even the guy he wanted to fight...he just settled for Zab because Cotto didn't want an immediate rematch.

Sure, there's a double standard, but why perpetuate it by bringing it up and discussing it? To say, "that specific allegation of Jin doing the talking/fighting behind the scenes for Shane is always coming up"....really, who cares? As you said, "of course she's going to make decisions like that," so if you already know that, then why bother addressing the "allegation" or the "perception"?
salvador
QUOTE(Big Slim @ May 8 2008, 05:46 PM) [snapback]388917[/snapback]
I hope Shane just goes and fights someone else on HBO this summer and we see Zab grinding it out with Cornelius Bundage or Chris Smith on ESPN2.

Funny stuff!

B-talk is saying that Mosley-Mayorga is a possibility, which is a fight I'd much rather see anyway.
Byrd Man
because it had already been brought up in this discussion, and it was one of the allegations made by the dude in the interview.

And I HAVE seen it brought up repeatedly, in fact that's one of the things that Floyd was throwing out when saying he wasn't going to fight Shane.

I wasn't just bring this up out of nowhere.

But you're right, it should not be an issue
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Big Slim @ May 8 2008, 04:01 PM) [snapback]388908[/snapback]
Fuck your blessings in disguises, I'm not happy about this at all. I had tickets to the damn fight.

Mosley's old. He only fights twice a year as it is. What, now he has to waste three months of training and wind up only fighting once this year? That's not good for what's left of his career.

Fucking dumbfuck shit-for-brains Judah. Has there ever been a professional athlete fuck things up for himself more than this idiot? Fell in the shower??? Are you fucking kidding me????

lol...
Method
Man they had a picure of Zab's arm up on the site before it was treated. Pretty bad gashes. If he can't be ready by end of May, I find it somewhat odd that he'd be ready just two weeks later, but what the fucxk do I know.

I am disappointed this fight isn't going off. I was looking forward to the match up.

All that said, IF Zab really can be ready byt mid-June, I don't know what the problem would be. It doesn't make sense that Team Mosley would so hastily move on when surely they're plan B option would likely mean Shane's next fight taking place well after mid June, so why not just ring the register two weeks after the original fight date. Why is this such a deal breaker only two weeks later. The dude obviously isn't making the injury up. it's not like he caught Calzaghe-itis.

Guess we'll see as this unfolds.
JD
LOL...Zab had to be high or drunk, that is the ONLY excuse.

Mosley - Mayorga at 154 would be fine by me.
Elijah
I'm actually glad Mosley turned down a two week extension cuz I don't want Zab to have ANY excuses after he gets knocked the fuck out.
STEVENSKI
Judah is such a hoax I would not be suprised if it was a suicide attempt. Zab I know you struggle to do any job right but a dob worth doing is a dob worth doing well. You don't fight well & you clearly do not know how to slash up well either.

thehype
It might have something to do with the fact that the fight was originally on PPV, but now they're talking about moving it to regular HBO...but hey, here's what Jin said:

JIN MOSLEY: "YOU SHOULD BE BABYSITTING YOUR FIGHTER"

"It's like dealing with a child. You have to set limits and boundaries, none of which were set by his enormous team of advisors A.K.A. sponsors. He lacks discipline," stated Jin Mosley, business partner and wife of three-division world champion Shane Mosley, as she fired back at Team Judah's recent comments about their unwillingness to negotiate a new date for their canceled May 31st clash. You don't want to miss what else she had to say.

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content2611.html

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(JD @ May 8 2008, 06:28 PM) [snapback]388929[/snapback]
LOL...Zab had to be high or drunk, that is the ONLY excuse.

Mosley - Mayorga at 154 would be fine by me.

Either that or Yoel got so excited showing Zab how to execute his big finishing move for the fight he fucked up and super kicked him across the room and through the window.

Mosley-Mayorga would be fine with me too.
JD
QUOTE(Big Slim @ May 8 2008, 07:37 PM) [snapback]388933[/snapback]
Either that or Yoel got so excited showing Zab how to execute his big finishing move for the fight he fucked up and super kicked him across the room and through the window.

Mosley-Mayorga would be fine with me too.

"Pop...skewwhop...dewwhop...bip...pop...pow...got it Zab?"

Man, this might be Stupor Judah's last shot at a big fight too.
AKay
woooooooooooooooooooo
Byrd Man
That was a good read with Jin. Good to hear both sides of this.
BrutalBodyShots
Mayorga would probably have to do quite a bit of work to hit 154.

Vodoo
Only thing that scares me is Molsey might do something dumb like sign to fight a spoiler like Clottey. Clottey has that good jab and that hard to penetrate arm defense. But hearing he might fight Mayorga I'm a bit indifferent. I don't know which fight would be easier for Shane, Zab or Mayorga.
BoxingStill#1
wow.....this was Zabs last straw too..... fool.gif .oh well.....
PR316
I find the falling down in the shower story hard to believe. I think its just typical immature Judah who probably did something stupid like get into a street fight or something.
thehype
Those look more like stab wounds than cuts to me.

LOL
JD
QUOTE(thehype @ May 8 2008, 09:27 PM) [snapback]388943[/snapback]

LOL

"Stab wounds? Stab wounds...nah man...that's a shower curtain injury."
Boxingjunkie
Man this really sucks. I was so looking forward to seeing Shane shine against Zab. Lets hope this can be pushed back a couple of weeks and still happen on HBO.
thehype
QUOTE(JD @ May 8 2008, 09:41 PM) [snapback]388944[/snapback]
"Stab wounds? Stab wounds...nah man...that's a shower curtain injury."

Hey now...it was a shower door...not a curtain.
Byrd Man
OMG!

Ishe just weighed in on the whole matter and said that Zab shoulda stuck with the fight and taken it!

lmao!

edit: nevermind...getting my tv stars mixed up. lol

Said he got headbutted in sparring and got a nice little gash, and still went forward... lol

** EDITED BY HYPE - Sorry...just had to remove that link from the boards ***

PRESS RELEASE: Before one the biggest fight of his career Ishe Smith has revealed that he received 11 stitches in camp from an apparent head butt he received from a sparring partner, Smith had this to say about the cancellation of Mosley vs. Judah, "I am not blaming my cut on the outcome of the fight, but it amazes me now a days that fighters pull out of fights for the most meaningless things. I had a great camp with Roger and when the cut happened about a month before the fight I never once thought about pulling out, I have a lot of respect for Zab and if I was him I would have just went along with the date and say the hell with the cuts. The reception I have received from the fans has been great, with most people thinking I won the fight, I cannot wait to get back into the ring to prove I am one of the top Junior Middleweights in the game"
Eaner0919
QUOTE(thehype @ May 8 2008, 08:27 PM) [snapback]388943[/snapback]

LOL

agree

I mean if he "fell" through a shower door wouldnt he have more than the cuts on his arm?

and I'm sorry but Ishe "weighing in" on this is like Hannah Montana commenting on vocal range
EpTXCHAMP
sounds like Jin knows shane is at the end of the road dont blame her he is old but where do they go from here?

mayorga is gonna have to chop of his right foot to make 154. Didnt he test positive for a diet supplement in the DLH fight? which was his last fight at 154. I just dont see them taking a high risk low reward fight with clottey. Oh well Rip "high stakes"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.