Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosley vs. Hatton: Invasion of the Body Snatchers
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
MOSLEY VS. HATTON: INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS

Don't get me wrong, they might want to come up with a better title, but hey...why not have these two go at it?

I know...I know...Hatton's got a fight coming up in a couple weeks...okay...that's cool...he can still get his tune-up in.

And yeah...there's still talk of that Malignaggi fight later this year...but really...doesn't Mosley-Hatton sound like a much better fight than Malignaggi-Hatton?

dntknw.gif

It certainly sounds like a lot more money.

laugh.gif

But really, two guys known for their body punching...that sounds like a good scrap...maybe some time in August perhaps.

dntknw.gif

Just a thought.
thehype
QUOTE(piper the great @ May 8 2008, 11:47 PM) [snapback]388962[/snapback]
hatton wont last 4 rounds. shane aint floyd, he will bust hatton ass period

clapping.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's what I'm talkin' about baby...ain't nothin' wrong with four rounds of someone gettin' hands put on them...give me some action....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Let's sign the contracts NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hardhead
I actually thought of this fight back when Cotto fought Shane and Hatton was fighting Mayweather. Of course everyone was under the impression that the winners were supposed meet sometime this year and thought that I wouldn't mind seeing the loser match up as well. Hatton/Mosley. I like Mosley but it would be great action for however long it lasts....

I wouldn't mind seeing a Clotty/Mosley either, I think that's an excellent matchup...
and the NEW
Yeh, these two should definately fight!

Have got to favour Mosley at 147, but sure to be some action!
and the NEW
Yes, agree with that Fitz.

Definately does not belong at welter, but still sure to be a good scrap.

I would really like to see a Mosley V Cotto rematch.
Jack 1000
I would have to pick Shane by TKO 10. He's too slick for Hatton. Could Hatton pull a Forrest on Shane because of his power and the chance that Shane's legs might betray him if that happens? I would say yes, but give that only a 30% chance of this happening. Once Mosley finds the rhythm, he would break Hatton down after a close early 4 rounds. It certainly is "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (great title, Ben) But you have to combine Shane's better boxing with the body attack, and that is the difference in this fight.

Jack
and the NEW
A 30% chance, wow, precise there Jack. ha ha.

I do not think Hatton would be able to do what Forrest did, it was not just the power (though he did devistate Mosley, you could even hear him squeel on some of those body shots), but the range that really threw off Mosley.
thehype
QUOTE(Fitz @ May 9 2008, 06:51 AM) [snapback]388980[/snapback]
I don't like this fight at all.

That's just because you're a Hatton fan.

laugh.gif

Seriously though, I don't know if I'd necessarily give Hatton no chance whatsoever. Yeah, he squeeked by Collazo, but it was his first trip up north against a tricky southpaw...you can chalk that one up to inexperience. His second trip to welter was against the Creme de la Creme...the best of the best...the pound-for-pound king...had Joe Cortez been a little less FIRM and a little more FAIR, then maybe Hatton would have been more successful. Still, no shame in losing to Mayweather. Yeah, Mosley would be the bigger guy, but he wouldn't be towering over Hatton...I certainly don't think we'd see the same type of size difference that we saw in Wright-Mosley, Hopkins-De La Hoya, Jones-Trinidad, Hopkins-Wright, etc. Plus, it's a different type of fight...you won't see Mosley backpedalling on his bike for 12 rounds. Maybe Hatton can impose himself on welterweights...you just can't really be sure because the two he's fought were running for the hills.

laugh.gif

Besides, what's Hatton going to do at jr. welterweight? Since he refuses to fight Witter, the only big fights there are Malignaggi, Urango, Torres, Kotelnik, Holt, Ngoudjo, M'baye, Peterson...I mean, do any of those really sound PPV worthy...hell, are we even really longing to see any of those fights?

The only other option is to wait around and hope and pray that Pacquiao will move up...but then, isn't that asking Pacquiao to do something that you don't really think Hatton should do (move up in weight to fight a bigger guy)?

Fvck that...give me Mosley-Hatton...the winner can get a shot at the winner of Cotto-Margarito since it's clear that Mayweather wants none of that action.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The CEO
I wouldn't mind seeing Mosley break Hatton's face...

that being said...Hatton doesn't deserve another big fight or purse iMo....in fact...he should be grateful he got the Mayweather fight....he didn't deserve that one either....
thehype
LOL...it's about time you weighed in on this C.E.O.

In all fairness though, I must say, he deserves another big fight purse a lot more than Zab Judah does.

laugh.gif
BrutalBodyShots
Mosley could probably stop Hatton with a body shot... a taste of his own medicine.

It would kind of be like Hatton-Castillo just with Hatton on the receiving end this time.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(thehype @ May 9 2008, 08:52 AM) [snapback]388983[/snapback]
Yeah, Mosley would be the bigger guy, but he wouldn't be towering over Hatton...I certainly don't think we'd see the same type of size difference that we saw in Wright-Mosley, Hopkins-De La Hoya, Jones-Trinidad, Hopkins-Wright, etc. Plus, it's a different type of fight...you won't see Mosley backpedalling on his bike for 12 rounds. Maybe Hatton can impose himself on welterweights...you just can't really be sure because the two he's fought were running for the hills.

That's not a bad counter-point actually to the general theory that Hatton can't handle 147. It really is possible that the styles of the two men he fought there were just all wrong for him. BUT...that being said, I agree with Fitz and others that Mosley would be a mismatch for him. Shane might not be a runner, but he is a STRONG welterweight. There's no way Hatton would be able to impose his brute physicality on Shane - I think it would play directly into Shane's hands, and lead to a one-sided beat down and easy mid-round KO, albeit as you say, a highly entertaining one while it lasted.

And the matchup would have historical significance at least in terms of the nicknames: Sugar vs. The Hitman.

I think the idea I'm reading here of Shane fighting Clottey this summer for the vacant IBF belt makes some sense, with the winner meeting the Cotto-Margarito winner in late fall. (Unless of course Oscar or Floyd bogarts). But as I said in the other thread, I'd be cool with Mosley-Mayorga at 154 too, just cause I've always wanted to see that fight, though 147 is where the money and the action's at.
Douchebag
I would like to see this fight but only if it is below 147. At 147 Hatton would get DOMINATED by Mosley. Maybe a catch weight of 143 or do it at 140 if Shane can still be effective at that weight.
Chi-Town
Hatton - Malignaggi is already signed according to Lou DiBella
dj necrogenic
Hatton/Mosely would be an ugly fight... Hatton would most definitely employ his John Ruiz style
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(The Conscience @ May 9 2008, 11:14 AM) [snapback]388995[/snapback]
I would like to see this fight but only if it is below 147. At 147 Hatton would get DOMINATED by Mosley. Maybe a catch weight of 143 or do it at 140 if Shane can still be effective at that weight.

Shane has not fought at 140 in a decade, there's no way he'd attempt to fight at that weight against Hatton.

Anyway there is zero chance of Hatton being able to manhandle Mosley. Mosley just fought (and arguably beat) Cotto who on the inside gets as good or better work done than Hatton, and he's at least one division above him if not more in size. Mosley was able to handle and mix it up with Cotto (and actually had Cotto on the retreat for the last 1/3 of the fight) so without question he can do the same with success against the smaller Hatton.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ May 9 2008, 08:20 PM) [snapback]389043[/snapback]
I thought Shane didn't fight at jr welter period.

You sir are correct. I should have written that Mosley hasn't fought under 147 in a decade, not at 140.
streetlion1
This fight wont happen....if it did Hatton wouldnt make it past round 5. Shane would destroy him!
dbudge87
i think some of the comments on here about ricky hatton are completely outrageous, shane mosley is a great fighter and would cause ricky a lot of problems, but hatton deserves more credit than u guys give him. he's lost just once in his career to the best there is in the world, and this was made easier for mayweather by some controversial refereeing. ricky definitely has the artillery to take mosley out as does mosley have the ability to take hatton out. personally i think this fight should definitely be made and could well be the most entertaining fight this year if it is made. this would be a high tempo hard hittin affair involving two great pugilists both with aggressive styles. if this fight was made i think it could possibly be the most entertaining fight made this year. i'm all for the superfight craze that has seem to taken over at the moment, but half of these superfights are boring predictable affairs. as a spectator and fan of great boxing i give this idea a thumbs up all the way. mosley to take out hatton in 4 rounds?? wishful thinking. hatton is a tough fighter who fights with a lot of heart and determination and after losing to mayweather and going from second in the pound for pound rankings to dropping out of the limelight as he has done due to one defeat, now has a big chip in his shoulder. i think hatton, avoiding mosleys big powerful shots, is busy enough to take this fight. hatton vs malignaggi is pointless as hatton would destroy him. in my personal opinion there isnt anybody at light (junior) welterweight that has the potential to beat hatton but we have seen hatton struggle at 147lbs. i feel sorry for hatton in this respect as u cant help your natural build/size and this is definitely an advantage for mosley if the two were to meet in the ring. but i think hatton has the ability to overcome this. anyway enough of the chit chat and opinions, this would be an amazing fight and it should be made, end of story!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The CEO
let me show you somethin', dbudge....

The Hatton Hate Wagon: The C.E.O., thehype, Southeastpaw, lowersmiths, rpmillerOC, dbdbdb, mstyle, JayWater, Frank Warren, L. COLLAZO, mercem, glassbreaker, Lightning, dave h, Al Hata, kidbazooka1, taino787, ltent, kt220, palves, pure, HAWK2916, mosdefff, RC3, istmeno, BOSSMAN, dj necrogenic, RobOC, RoyJonesJrp4pno1, yakub, T-MONEY, THEBESTEVER, Rivado, MarzB, lilpoppapump, Kijis Konar, alaganza, CyruS, Lil-lightsout, mrbig1, Yansoma, thekidd211, bustyoazz4fun, STEVENSKI, Crow, Lil Floyd, royjonesisgay, Nay_Sayer, xxxxxx, ghost13, jeff50ho

Honoraries: blackbelt2003, biggeorge89, Spyder, rusty_trombone

....welcome to FightHype.

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.