Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Witter vs. Bradley: ***(Containing Spoilers Around 4pm CST)***
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
FYI: Everyone should note that the Witter-Bradley WBC World Super-Lightweight Title Fight will be taped-delayed for rebroadcast on Showtime tonight at 9:45 PM (CST) Users who may see the fight as it happens can comment in this thread. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE BY KEEPING ALL SPOILERS ABOUT THE FIGHT IN THIS THREAD! Do not make any new threads on the board for users who have not seen the fight, or plan to watch it on tape delay tonight.

Than, after everyone has a chance to see the fight, reply about it in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Byrd Man
Is there a live stream of this? The ITV4 link isn't working (none of the links on that page are)
Byrd Man
Bradley wins by Split Decision.
The CEO
Way to go, Witter...you just gave Hatton the final excuse to duck you...you'll never get that payday now.

Loser.
Hodge
That's still not to say that Junior couldn't beat Ricky. I wish I had Showtime. Anybody know what in the Froch fight.
Byrd Man
Someone explain something to me.

I was watching a shitty quality stream (justintv) and Bradley put Witter on his ass in what I believe was the 6th round. And then when he got up and got the standing 8 count, Bradley just unloaded on him. The ref jumps in and (I thought) stopped the fight.

So I turned the fight stream off, and went to count my points for the win since I have Bradley (34 points, for those who care. lol) and then I happened to go back to ESB where they had a round by round thing, and apparantly the fight had gone on and ended up a split decision instead of a TKO.

My question is, what the fuck happened? I thought the Ref jumped in and stopped it. Was that just the end of the round or something, and the Ref jumped in to separate them?

That shit cost me 3 points! lol
KookedKrack
Witter is a poor man prince naseem, Bradley deserves the decision
KookedKrack
Bradley wins via split dec.... why didn't showtime have this fight in hd?
JD
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ May 10 2008, 11:55 PM) [snapback]389112[/snapback]
Bradley wins via split dec.... why didn't showtime have this fight in hd?

Even though it's on Saturday, it's considered a ShoBox (special edition), and ShoBox is always in standard def.
KookedKrack
QUOTE(Hodge @ May 10 2008, 09:31 PM) [snapback]389103[/snapback]
That's still not to say that Junior couldn't beat Ricky. I wish I had Showtime. Anybody know what in the Froch fight.

Its up next

QUOTE(JD @ May 11 2008, 12:02 AM) [snapback]389114[/snapback]
Even though it's on Saturday, it's considered a ShoBox (special edition), and ShoBox is always in standard def.

oh ok i usually bitch about most of the ppv's are standard def in my area but recently they have mostly been in hd
JD
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ May 11 2008, 12:06 AM) [snapback]389115[/snapback]
oh ok i usually bitch about most of the ppv's are standard def in my area but recently they have mostly been in hd

Yeah, Cablevision used to consistently douche me with their random HD PPV's, but now they offer every PPV in HD.
Mean Mister Mustard
This looked a lot like Malignaggi-Ngoudjo, the slick fighter being ineffective at landing while the orthodox boxer outworks him. Difference here is the right guy got the decision. Styles make fights and maybe he could still beat Hatton but this just took off the luster for that fight.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ May 10 2008, 09:17 PM) [snapback]389107[/snapback]
Someone explain something to me.

I was watching a shitty quality stream (justintv) and Bradley put Witter on his ass in what I believe was the 6th round. And then when he got up and got the standing 8 count, Bradley just unloaded on him. The ref jumps in and (I thought) stopped the fight.

So I turned the fight stream off, and went to count my points for the win since I have Bradley (34 points, for those who care. lol) and then I happened to go back to ESB where they had a round by round thing, and apparantly the fight had gone on and ended up a split decision instead of a TKO.

My question is, what the fuck happened? I thought the Ref jumped in and stopped it. Was that just the end of the round or something, and the Ref jumped in to separate them?

That shit cost me 3 points! lol

LOL!

Yea, it was the 6th round. Bradley scored a good hard KD in a fight that had more clinching than any clean effective punching. But almost all of anything that was clean, particularly in the second half of the fight was landed by Bradley. I had Bradley way ahead, as did the Showtime commentary. Will post my scorecard shortly.

There was no confusion by the ref, so it must have been the end of the round.

Jack
Jack 1000
Bradley-Witter scorecard and comments.

MS Word doc.

Jack
moscow bear
is it me or Bradley has some stylistic similarities with Shane Mosley?
thefloatingmonkey
First time watching Witter fight.... man he looked horrible. Little to no work rate and when he needed to step it up, he just kept fighting the same pace. Bradley definitely deserved the win and by a much larger margin than the judges had.
KookedKrack
QUOTE(thefloatingmonkey @ May 11 2008, 04:42 AM) [snapback]389132[/snapback]
First time watching Witter fight.... man he looked horrible. Little to no work rate and when he needed to step it up, he just kept fighting the same pace. Bradley definitely deserved the win and by a much larger margin than the judges had.

Its the second fight ive seen, when he fought zab he looked a lot worse than he did last night and basically ran for most of the fight. Last night he didnt run but he barely threw any punches and the ones he did looked wild and amateurish. I don't see hatton having any reasons to duck him i think it was more along the lines of him just being basura
BrutalBodyShots
I thought Farhood's comment about the fight paralleling Hamed-Barrera was pretty spot on. I mean Witter's unorthodox style matchup up against the better technical guy in Bradley. Not to say that Witter was as good as Hamed or Bradley as good as Barrera P4P by any means, but the similarity is there for comparison purposes. Barrera made Hamed look like a beginner with about 5 fights, and that's more or less what Bradley did to Witter last night as well.

Byrd Man
on another forum they were mad as fuck at the one judge giving it to Witter by two rounds.

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea I felt it was starting to look like Hamed-Barrera in the first three rounds. I thought Bradley did an excellent job in those early rounds not doing what Witter wanted him to do. That was, coming foreward in an agressive position and being open for counters. Bradley sat back and boxed in those early rounds, and I felt he won rounds 1,3, and 4 with those nice right hands. He took over in the 2nd half of the fight, and I thought he wont most of those rounds. Farhood wasn't exactley correct in his analysis though. He didn't give Bradley enough credit in those early rounds. He was jabbing to the body, and bringing that right up stairs. Bradley fought the perfect fight, and they still almost found a way to steal it from him. It would of been robbery of the year in they had given that fight to Witter. Witter did NOTHING the whole fight. He switched stances more than he fought. It was an alright fight.
rusty_trombone
bye bye witter, it was good knowing you
Mean Mister Mustard
The thing that impressed me most about Bradley was his sense of calm. The guy had never fought a guy in Witter's level, he was in Witter's hometown and facing an awkward hard punching guy and he still never lost his cool. WItter is not garbage, he did after all beat N'Dou, Rees, Corley and Harris. Bradley just made him look like an amateur and that says a lot about Bradley.
D-MARV
Looks like Hatton has no reason to fight Witter now.

Bradley-Hatton, Who Wins?
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 11 2008, 06:57 PM) [snapback]389165[/snapback]

I would say Hatton based on experience, but Saturday proved that when it comes to Bradley experience certainly isn't everything! I'd pick Hatton at this stage to grind out a 7-5 or 8-4 type decision, but after this past weekend I wouldn't rule out a Bradley win on points.

Chi-Town
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 11 2008, 05:57 PM) [snapback]389165[/snapback]
Looks like Hatton has no reason to fight Witter now.

Provided Hatton gets past Lazcano and Malignaggi of course. Lou DiBella said that its already in writting that if both guys win on their double header they will fight in the fall.

It really bothered me how Witter was allowed to hold out an open glove all night. You can leave your hand extended outward as long as the glove is closed, if you hold it out and its open, that's specifically against the rules.
sweetchuck
Hatton should fight Bradley just to spite Witter. Hatton should win that one. I think Bradley came into his own in that fight, but still needs more experience before a Hatton fight. Hatton is busy right now, he'll win in two weeks. His fight with Malanaggi (I know I probably spelled that wrong) is an interesting. Bradley and Malanaggi would be a better fight since I think Hatton beats both of them.
lloyd mayflower
its actually hard to believe how many people got sucked in by junior witter and his one man publicity band. he talked himself up to the point where people were starting to believe he was capable of beating ricky. i for one was delighted to see bradley show him up for what he is, rank rotten.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.