Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's the better prospect?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Andre Ward has alot of critics but at least he is finally stepping up the competition. He beat a top 20 type opponent in Rubin Williams in his last fight and he dominated that fight.

Dirrell stepped up his competition too and just knocked out Anthony Hanshaw in 5 (someone who took Roy to distance..lol..maybe I'm wrong about Roy and is more past-his-prime then I thought).

So basically these guys both won medals in the 2004 olympics (Ward gold, Dirrell silver I believe) and they pretty much have the same Roy Jones style although Ward has been changing up his style lately and is finally keeping his hands up.

So who are you more impressed with?

I think Dirrell might be more talented but I like Andre because he's a nice guy and you can tell he's working hard because he's getting better and better each time he steps in the ring.
D-MARV
I like Andre Ward. He is far from RJJ but i realy think this kid will be a champ one day. Im still worried about his chin though, but it;s timeto take his game to the next level. Where is he gonna fight @?, 160 or 168?
rusty_trombone
ever since seeing both these guys in the olympics 4 years ago, i've always thought andre dirrel was the better prospect. but i thought Ricardo williams was the best prospect of his class also, and look how that turned out.
kidbazooka1
It's easy to pick up title's now in day so both have a pretty good chance at doing so but out of the two Dirrell looks a little more solid.
Spyder
Why didn't you include Jason Estrada?

laugh.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Spyder @ May 12 2008, 02:38 PM) [snapback]389244[/snapback]
Why didn't you include Jason Estrada?

laugh.gif

he's the better prospect for competitive eating
Blayde
Both definitely have great talent. Both also seem to be kind of vulnerable though although that impression doesnt have to be right. I like both fighters, I like both are stepping up right now and I think both will be world champions pretty soon.

If I have to pick on, I will go with Dirrell because of how he destroyed Hanshaw, he seems to be even faster than Ward and he has proven he has the movement to handle pressure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.