Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6 year old kid in training
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
PUERTOROCKS
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y65VcABUzr8
BigG
Yeah, I've seen it. The kid is a beast... Look at that double jab.
D-MARV
This kid is crazy!!!!!!

But They are overtraining this young boy. They have running 3 miles a day, weight training...
this is not good
AKay
this is all great to show and make youtube vids about.

2 things I want to see. Does he blink or flinch when something punches back? and Does he have a chin?

Then I might be a little impressed.

Otherwise im sure if youtube was around when Floyd Mayweather Jr was 6 there would have been shyt loads of vids like this up of him.
HaydelHammer
Me by KO 1 brutal stoppage. laugh.gif
BrutalBodyShots
Does he have chin?

LOL the kid's got baby teeth still so let's wait until his jaw matures before we start discussing his chin.

AKay
so why be in awe that hes 6yrs old? lol to me this is comedy the kid is regurgitating what he is shown like a puppet. My point was in the intangibles that make a fighter. Not a scripted video that seems to have you guys creaming yourself.

You see this shyt all over the place and all the time in all sports and entertainment. And if you actually read the video you would see its a propoganda video looking to have people send money to support this kid.

STEVENSKI
I bet AKay would send some Kool Aid to help the kid with his thirst.
sweetchuck
I'm just wondering if this is another Danny Almonte where they are lying about the kid's age.
Douchebag
LMAO @ AKAY wanting to see a 6 year old get his chin checked......SMH
WWE
This kid's nothing to be in awe of and CERTAINLY nothing to envy! I just feel sorry for him. They're stunting his growth. He'll never reach his full height and skeletal development potential. Look at PBFM, Mosley, Spinks and Judah. All shorter and smaller framed than their dads. Boxing's a great sport, but it's an adult sport for sure. There's nothing wrong with having a kid work the bag and do some light drills, but the proper sparring, weights and rigorous training shouldn't be introduced till later on.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(WWE @ May 15 2008, 05:11 AM) [snapback]389501[/snapback]
This kid's nothing to be in awe of and CERTAINLY nothing to envy! I just feel sorry for him. They're stunting his growth. He'll never reach his full height and skeletal development potential. Look at PBFM, Mosley, Spinks and Judah. All shorter and smaller framed than their dads. Boxing's a great sport, but it's an adult sport for sure. There's nothing wrong with having a kid work the bag and do some light drills, but the proper sparring, weights and rigorous training shouldn't be introduced till later on.

Agreed.

Pretty much the same with most sports.

Letting kids take part in sports is good, but you don't want kids to be pushed too much, like this kid obviously has. There is no doubt about the kid has skills....how many 6 yr olds do you know who can do that....actually, how many 16 yrs?

But the point is young kids like that shouldn't be made to do weights, running for miles and strict diets, etc. I'm not saying this kid has, but he looks like he's being pushed in that direction.

LMAO @ Akay.
Douchebag
The expression on the faces of those littler fucks= priceless
Bill The Butcher
That's impressive.

Wasn't Tiger Woods a prodigy at the age of 2? I forgot the show, but didn't he go on some talk show and won a putting tournament against some comedian? Who cares right? Must have been scripted. Happens all the time. I know this is a reach to compare this kid to Tiger Woods, but a prodigy is a prodigy. If this kid keeps working at it, who knows, he could be great one day like Tiger Woods.

The kid looks like he had good power, speed, reflexes, technique, and timing. He kept his hands up. He had a good stance. And if he flinches like Roy Jones when someone punches at him, I bet he has a pretty good defense. That's pretty impressive for a 6 year old to memorize those combos and to react to them that fast.

torvix2000
If you've got the talent, then you can become a great boxer whether you start out a little bit later.

Dela Hoya was so dedicated to winning an olympic gold but he never had this kid's "passion".
AussieLad
QUOTE(WWE @ May 15 2008, 10:11 AM) [snapback]389501[/snapback]

Stunting growth?

Horse shit

http://family.go.com/parentpedia/school-ag...weight-lifting/
WWE
QUOTE(AussieLad @ May 17 2008, 11:05 AM) [snapback]389866[/snapback]

First of all, that article says it should be done in moderation - 2ce a week for 30-40 minutes. I'm sure the kid in this vid isn't being introduced to it gradually. Furthermore, if you think what I said is 'horse shit' how do you explain the aformentioned boxers being shorter than their dads? Especially in the case of SPINKS! It can't all just be coincidence or did their dads all marry 4' tall women? There are just too many examples. What about all the short stocky highschoolers who started heavy lifting too early and hence remain shorter than their dads and brothers into adulthood? Nothing wrong with starting a weight training program in your early teens, but certain workouts and levels of intensity shouldn't be introduced until your body has matured.
AussieLad
My grand dad was 6ft 3, my dad was 5ft 7, and i'm 6ft 2. Thats the vagueries of human genetics. Just because someones parents are tall does not guarantee that the children will be tall. Of course you know of dominant and recessive genes? Where the parents may have a dominant tall gene, paired with a recessive short gene. If the its the two recessive short genes that hook up, you can have tall parents and short childre or vice versa. Thats biology

Show me some evidence from experts that says exercise stunts the growth of children, ones that dont include malnutrition as a contributing factor. Anything else is just wives tales
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.