Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey BGv2.0
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Byrd Man
Thought you might appreciate this. lol Course you're not a "rap fuck" so I don't know if you'll fully get this, but still....

BGv2.0
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ May 12 2008, 01:34 PM) [snapback]389241[/snapback]
Thought you might appreciate this. lol Course you're not a "rap fuck" so I don't know if you'll fully get this, but still....

laugh.gif ANYTHING with Office Space is cool! Hey I'm not totally anti-rap. I like some old school shit from back in the day, Public Enemy, Ghetto Boyz, Run DMC, N.W.A.....all those original guys that actually lived the lives they sang about and actually created the genre. Not like today's bullshit con artists that CLAIM to have lived that type of life and really were groomed for a rap career from the time they were younger.

I look at it like this....there are some things people (which yes includes races) should take pride in and NOT allow it to be whored out. Rap to me was and should be black owned, just as the blues is rooted in being created by black people. That is something black people should be proud of and want to nuture as their own. Just as Celtic Music was created and is nurtured by the Irish. You can break down so many genres.....]

Rap and Hip Hop stopped being legit many, many years ago IMHO. When a little white dude, that sounds like hell is your top selling "rap" artist.....your shit has been sold out!

I can say the same in relation to Rock with all the BS I hear on the radio today.

It's probally just music in general that has been sold out, as I see very little originality in any current genre.

I have heard some current rap artists that seem to be rooted in actual matters of importance....Mos Def is one of them.

But all these bullshit asswipes that push this whole gang and beef and killing and dealing Bullshit.....profiting off of selling their own people a negative BS message....I HATE that shit....I see the negative results from it all too often in my job.
Byrd Man
Well I don't think Eminem is that bad, and a good portion of his music is really good. Not that bullshit poppy shit that he has to do to get on top 40 radio, like "My Name Is" and "Shady's Back" and "ass like that"

But actual tracks that have substance to them like "The Way I Am", "Stan", "Toy Soldiers", "When I'm Gone", "Mockingbird", etc.

And the hip hop I like the most is along the lines of Common, The Roots, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Kanye West, and the such.

But my favorite point of hip hop was in the mid-90's. That was the best time for Hip Hop in my opinion.
hardhead
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ May 13 2008, 12:13 AM) [snapback]389260[/snapback]
laugh.gif ANYTHING with Office Space is cool! Hey I'm not totally anti-rap. I like some old school shit from back in the day, Public Enemy, Ghetto Boyz, Run DMC, N.W.A.....all those original guys that actually lived the lives they sang about and actually created the genre. Not like today's bullshit con artists that CLAIM to have lived that type of life and really were groomed for a rap career from the time they were younger.

I look at it like this....there are some things people (which yes includes races) should take pride in and NOT allow it to be whored out. Rap to me was and should be black owned, just as the blues is rooted in being created by black people. That is something black people should be proud of and want to nuture as their own. Just as Celtic Music was created and is nurtured by the Irish. You can break down so many genres.....]

Rap and Hip Hop stopped being legit many, many years ago IMHO. When a little white dude, that sounds like hell is your top selling "rap" artist.....your shit has been sold out!

I can say the same in relation to Rock with all the BS I hear on the radio today.

It's probally just music in general that has been sold out, as I see very little originality in any current genre.

I have heard some current rap artists that seem to be rooted in actual matters of importance....Mos Def is one of them.

But all these bullshit asswipes that push this whole gang and beef and killing and dealing Bullshit.....profiting off of selling their own people a negative BS message....I HATE that shit....I see the negative results from it all too often in my job.

It gets no realer......Ya'll heard of me

and that's not a prop, he's really rapping inside the jail on a murder charge...laugh.giflaugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.