Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxing After Dark May 17th
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Blayde
Here I am again pretty surprised that there is no thread for a very interesting boxing card coming up.
After Dirrell vs. Hanshaw on Shobox, HBO is going to show us a very nice and interesting card featuring prospects on Boxing After Dark come Saturday.

It will be a three fight card featuring Gamboa vs. Jimenez (I think thats even an eliminator!?), Kirkland vs. Albert and Angulo vs. Gutierrez.
Now I have to admit that I dont know Jimenez and Albert, but they seem to be pretty solid opponents and it should definitely be interesting to see how Gamboa and Kirkland will look against them.
In addition to Gamboa and Kirkland, HBO also keeps telling that Angulo will be on the card. Im pretty sure I have seen Angulo on Shobox in the past, but I cannot really remember him. Im surprised though HBO is hyping him up and Gutierrez seems to be seen as a stepping stone. I think Gutierrez is right there in the top 10 or top 15 at 147 or 154 and if Angulo really is that good, IMO we will see a fight between two contenders. And because I cant really remember Angulo and always thought Gutierrez looked good when I saw him, also in his loss against Clottey, Im going with Gutierrez in this one.

Definitely a great card coming up there if you ask me. I hope Im not the only one interested wink.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
You certainly are not. These are the type of fights B.A.D was created for. Last time HBO showed us prospects in a triple header was 2004.

I've only seen Gamboa's opponent, Darling Jimenez, fight once and that was against former prospect Mike Anchondo. Jimenez looked good, he bombed him out of there in 3 or 4 rounds. He did just as well as Barrios did against Anchondo so that should tell us how good Jimenez is. He is going to test Gamboa in there.

Is Gutierrez the guy who kicked Teddy Reid's ass on ESPN? If so then the fight should be interesting. Angulo looks like Antonio Margarito except with better technique. Should be a good night of boxing.
kidbazooka1
Im pumped to see Gamboa in action this guy looks like the real deal fast hands, power, refelxes and skill.

I'll predict he'll go on to win a title and reign for a very long time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.