Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nogueira vs Mir
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
AussieLad
This should be a good fight.

I'm taking Mir, who seems to have regained his conditioning since the bike accident. Minotauro took a beating from sylvia before tim got sloppy and submitted.

I cant see Minotauro submitting Mir at this stage of the game. The question is, will Mir feel comfortable striking, or will he take it straight to the ground?
Douchebag
QUOTE(AussieLad @ May 15 2008, 06:00 AM) [snapback]389500[/snapback]
This should be a good fight.

I'm taking Mir, who seems to have regained his conditioning since the bike accident. Minotauro took a beating from sylvia before tim got sloppy and submitted.

I cant see Minotauro submitting Mir at this stage of the game. The question is, will Mir feel comfortable striking, or will he take it straight to the ground?

I'm rolling with Nog on this one. I think these guys pretty much cancel each other out on the ground so the striking is going to be difference. Nog has the better hands so I going with him by decision or late stoppage.
TheWhiteBuffalo
Too soon for Mir. I was just starting to think that Frank Mir was getting back to his old self (before the motorcycle accident). But a win over a WWE freakshow doesn't prepare him for a war like this.

Warlord
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ May 15 2008, 10:32 AM) [snapback]389538[/snapback]
Too soon for Mir. I was just starting to think that Frank Mir was getting back to his old self (before the motorcycle accident). But a win over a WWE freakshow doesn't prepare him for a war like this.

Agreed.

As for Nog "taking a beating" againt Tim Sylvia... Nog always takes a beating before submitting a guy. In Japan we used to joke that Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira doesn't lose fights... he just runs out of time. laugh.gif

Seriously though, Nog is the #2 heavyweight in the world (behind Fedor) and I think he handles this version of Frank Mir with ease. Nog has better stand-up and better ground work. Easy night.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.