Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody Else into Comics?
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Douchebag
I'm not into them like I used to be when I was a kid but I still read them sometimes over the internet and I watch all of the movie adaptations. IronMan was pretty sick! My favorite Character is Captain America because he is such a badass but he has values. I really hope I'm not the only dude on this forum that still likes Comics. That would be pretty lame. Discuss.
Al Hata
I loved marvel comics man. Growing up I had all the comic and cards. I don't follow them much anymore, its hard to keep up with. This is a great time for old school marvel fans with all the movies coming out. The only problem with the comic movies is that they are all PG 13 or PG. Imagine if they were rated R how good these comic movies would be. can't wait for the avengers movie...If you don't know what I'm talking about you obviously didn't stay for the after credits scene in the Iron man movie with Nick Fury. BTW, the iron man movies was sick.

I was a huge x-men fan growing up. Loved Magneto and the whole mutant idea. Never got into the avengers other than Iron man. I'm playing Marvel Alliance on the 360, my team is a fucking dream team. Iceman, Ironman, Thor and Deadpool. What a team that would be in the comics.

I always thought the best marvel comic arc was the Age of Apocolypse. If you guys havnt read it, check it out. It was around the time when I stopped reading comics, after that series, there wasn't going to be anything better.
BigJuicyHog
Have to agree with the Age of Apocalypse. That was an epic story line with several big heroes biting the dust throughout. I have the entire set still. I also really enjoyed the Onslaught storyline. Another great set of comments was Batman Knightsfall/Knightsend (all the shit where Bruce Wayne got worn out and broken by Bane, then much later comes back to take back Batman from his successor who has gone quite crazy.)
Al Hata
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ May 15 2008, 11:14 AM) [snapback]389531[/snapback]
Have to agree with the Age of Apocalypse. That was an epic story line with several big heroes biting the dust throughout. I have the entire set still. I also really enjoyed the Onslaught storyline. Another great set of comments was Batman Knightsfall/Knightsend (all the shit where Bruce Wayne got worn out and broken by Bane, then much later comes back to take back Batman from his successor who has gone quite crazy.)

Yea, I remember both the Onslaught and Batman stories. Onslaught was cool, although they fucked wolverine up in that...turned him into an actual wolverine or some shit.

The broken batman series was great also. I was digging the new bat suit that Azreal(sp?) rocked.
BigG
Spawn was always the best to me...The movie sucked but the comics/cartoon series were nice as hell. Loved the story and it had the best set of characters.

In Marvel: Spider-Man. Spider-Man always had the best villains.
Douchebag
Did anybody check out he Civil War Arc where Cap got killed? It's pretty sick also.
BigJuicyHog
Spiderman's Villains were gay besides when he was fighting the Punisher. Hobgoblin, Green Goblin, Dr. Octupus, The Rhino, and Kingpen all suck as villains. I liked Batman's villains the best.
BigG
True Spiderman did have some gay villains....Rhino sucked major ass and I never liked DocOc.

but Carnage and Venom were the greatest marvel villains IMO.
BigJuicyHog
Yeah, my bad for not mentioning those two. Those are two awesome villains. The rest were just horrible.
KookedKrack
marvel's secret invasion arc seems like its gonna be good.
Byrd Man
I have a shitload of comics on my HD. The entire three series of "what If?" the entire arc of Civil War with all the Tie Ins, the Punisher War Journals (the original ones, not the bullshit later ones).

Shit, I even got the old school GI JOE's, and the Oz/Wonderland Chronicles.
AKay
Hey Byrdman you should hook it up!

I loved the xcutioner song series and infinity guantlet. I still have all my comics but I stopped reading em back around 1-2 years after image came onto the scene.
I have all the marvel series cards complete and they arent worth shyt last time I was going to put them on ebay.
I guess I will just save em and all my comic books for my son.

a few weeks ago was free comic book day.

Now I like getting the Friday the 13th and Halloween comics.
Byrd Man
QUOTE(AKay @ May 16 2008, 06:59 PM) [snapback]389787[/snapback]
Hey Byrdman you should hook it up!

What? You mean THIS? lol

Warlord
Life long comic fan right here. Course in Shanghai I can't get shit, but back in the states...

Dark Horse's Conan series is fucking excellent, and I reccommend you guys check it out. In addition, IDW's Transformers line is a well done property. The Punisher MAX series is another good title, complete with profanity and nudity, just the way it should be.

In the old days I was into Batman, and I still pick up his two titles on a regular basis (Batman, Detective Comics) but on the whole superhero comics are teh gay now.

Hellboy and The Goon are the FUCKING SHIT, and any of you motherfuckers who are into entertainment for REAL MEN should check it out. None of that American Idol pussy shit here.

Byrd Man get me that G.I. Joe series one of yours on the double, cause I loved some goddamn G.I. Joe back in the day.

More to come later,
-Warlord
hardhead
I'm mostly collected Punisher: War Journal, Regular, and the Mini Series.

I also got the MAX series but haven't kept up with it in a couple months.
hardhead
I was actually a big time GI Joe as a kid, I had beaucoup GIJOES, I collected some of the comics back a several years ago but one title is really all I can keep up with so I stick with Punisher...I really enjoyed the MAX series, although I've been slipping lately, I'm behind about 4 issues...
hardhead
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ May 15 2008, 07:46 PM) [snapback]389579[/snapback]
I have a shitload of comics on my HD. The entire three series of "what If?" the entire arc of Civil War with all the Tie Ins, the Punisher War Journals (the original ones, not the bullshit later ones).

Shit, I even got the old school GI JOE's, and the Oz/Wonderland Chronicles.

How do you put comics on HD??

I LOVED War Journal, I think it was the best Punisher series of the old ones...
BigG
Man, if yall dont know or read Spawn then your missing out. Spawn had the coolest story and coolest looking characters...

CyruS
I have like 6.5 gbs of comics on my harddrive.

Ranging from 1985 Crisis of Infinite Earths, Batman, ultimate spiderman to my current fav, Walking Dead.

If you don't know about walking dead, wikipedia that shit and find out. It's crack.
Byrd Man
Yeah my collection is about 15 gigs I think.....I haven't even read the vast majority of it. lol Been meaning to though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.