Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this really Chris Byrd?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
TheWhiteBuffalo
Wow.....check him out....

Dude has been training his ass off. Looks like a new Chris Byrd to me. You know, I never cared much for Byrd, due to his inability to be a real Heavyweight threat. But I have a new respect for him, because he looks like he has really rededicated himself to the sport. Major Congrats.
BrutalBodyShots
Byrd should be a HUGE light heavy in the ring.

treyes7123
He is fecken huge! Wow, imagine Joey C trying to take him on.

That is probably on Byrdmans desktop..
BrutalBodyShots
His face actually looks like a Photoshop triple cross of Byrd, Rahman and Mayweather.

thehype
I could care less about his weight...it was always his style of fighting that bored me to death. I cringe every time I see that backhanded jab he throws (which he still does).

Sorry, but I just can't shake the image of Alexander Povetkin, an average fighter at best, putting hands on Chris.

Who knows though...maybe the newfound weight loss and the attention he's getting from it will spark a fire in his soul and breath life back into his boxing career.
rusty_trombone
i can't wait until he fails a post-fight drug test
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ May 15 2008, 06:37 PM) [snapback]389613[/snapback]
i can't wait until he fails a post-fight drug test

Do you really think he took roids or something when he was DROPPING 35-40 pounds?

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ May 15 2008, 06:53 PM) [snapback]389623[/snapback]
Do you really think he took roids or something when he was DROPPING 35-40 pounds?

there are steroids that help you do that also.
stateofthegame
not roids, but maybe crack or meth. Lets check his teeth to see if they are green.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ May 15 2008, 07:55 PM) [snapback]389638[/snapback]
not roids, but maybe crack or meth. Lets check his teeth to see if they are green.

like blood doping or winstrol or some shit
Douchebag
To give CB the benefit of the doubt the fighting style that he used at heavyweight was due to his tremendous size disadvantage. I think that will at least try to be more aggressive at lightheavy.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(The Conscience @ May 15 2008, 08:23 PM) [snapback]389643[/snapback]
To give CB the benefit of the doubt the fighting style that he used at heavyweight was due to his tremendous size disadvantage. I think that will at least try to be more aggressive at lightheavy.

Exactly.

thehype
QUOTE(The Conscience @ May 15 2008, 08:23 PM) [snapback]389643[/snapback]

Nah...I disagree. We'll find out tomorrow, but I don't think his style had anything to do with the fact that he was fighting at heavyweight. His backhanded jab...his laying on the ropes peeking through his gloves...I think we'll see that exact same style at light heavyweight. I don't think he'll be aggressive at all because that's simply not his MO. Never has been and I really don't think it ever will be. He's a safety first fighter and I think we'll see that at light heavyweight as well.

Believe me...I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't think I am in this case.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(thehype @ May 15 2008, 09:41 PM) [snapback]389662[/snapback]
Nah...I disagree. We'll find out tomorrow, but I don't think his style had anything to do with the fact that he was fighting at heavyweight. His backhanded jab...his laying on the ropes peeking through his gloves...I think we'll see that exact same style at light heavyweight. I don't think he'll be aggressive at all because that's simply not his MO. Never has been and I really don't think it ever will be. He's a safety first fighter and I think we'll see that at light heavyweight as well.

I don't expect Byrd to come out and fight like a prime Tyson or anything in terms of aggressiveness, I just think at 175 he has much less to fear across the ring from him than a 245 pound Klitschko or some of the other beasts he's faced at heavyweight. With less to worry about coming back at him Byrd should be able to get off more and take more risks, resulting in a more entertaining fight.
Warlord
I've been watching Chris Byrd since his days on USA's Tuesday Night Fights and I can tell you one thing... he needs to cut his damn hair. It's looking more and more gay with each passing day. Compliment a conservative fighting style with a conservative hair style. Don't come to the ring looking like The Predator only to fight like E.T.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(thehype @ May 15 2008, 09:41 PM) [snapback]389662[/snapback]

When was the last time we saw Byrd face a guy thats smaller than him? I fully expect him to be more aggressive at LHW. I even expect him to stop a few people.
AussieLad
QUOTE(Warlord @ May 16 2008, 04:54 AM) [snapback]389684[/snapback]
Compliment a conservative fighting style with a conservative hair style. Don't come to the ring looking like The Predator only to fight like E.T.

LOL laugh.gif
hardhead
It does look crazy as fuck seeing Byrd ripped and slimmed down to 174.

While he looks great in the pics I'm with the others that will reserve judgement till after I see him fight in the ring after taking that much weight off and if it effects him a great deal in the latter stages of the fight..
Byrd Man
The pictures of him are definitely strange. And I agree on the photoshopped head comments. It does look like a bad photoshop.

I'm excited to see the fight tonight and I'm going to have to avoid all boxing and news sites so I can grab the fight off of a torrent site and watch it, as I don't have cable tv since I never watch TV. Any shows I watch I download and watch on my laptop.

What time approx. is the fight going to start tonight? East Coast Time.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ May 16 2008, 12:32 PM) [snapback]389734[/snapback]
What time approx. is the fight going to start tonight? East Coast Time.

Show starts at 9PM, so with 1 undercard you're probably looking at 9:45 or 10:00 as the start time of the Byrd fight.

Byrd Man
Cool....Just trying to figure a time to start checking on the torrent site to get the fight. Usually it's up pretty quick after the fights are over.

dj necrogenic
Notice the upper and bottom jaw arent aligned... That is a symptom of heavy meth use... Not saying Byrd was doing that stuff but thats quite a significant weight loss, and that jaw just stirs suspicion.. I remember seeing it often in my meth days
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.