Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mike Tyson Vs Kimbo Slice????
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
Rumor has it, that The two will fight early next year under MMA rules!

WHOA!

War Kimbo...

Click Here!
BrutalBodyShots
Well, Tyson is always a good name to have on your resume regardless of how he's 2 decades past his best.

Good move for Kimbo. It will also be Kimbo's highest career payday, so with that respect it's a no brainer for him. Tyson obviously is looking to make a few bucks.

JD
Don't bet on CBS carrying this.

This is one fight I might take Tyson in.
Douchebag
QUOTE(JD @ May 15 2008, 07:03 PM) [snapback]389628[/snapback]
Don't bet on CBS carrying this.

This is one fight I might take Tyson in.

Don't do it. Kimbo does the same thing he did to Mercer. Tyson is walking around well over 300 pounds so basically has to lose close to 100 pounds and learn how to stuff take downs in order win this fight. I don't see it happening.
thehype
I wouldn't hold my breath.

LMAO @ their tagline..."The most visited black website in the world"

laugh.gif

I wonder what's the most visited white website in the world? Google perhaps?

laugh.gif
Douchebag
QUOTE(thehype @ May 15 2008, 08:07 PM) [snapback]389639[/snapback]
I wouldn't hold my breath.

LMAO @ their tagline..."The most visited black website in the world"

laugh.gif

I wonder what's the most visited white website in the world? Google perhaps?

laugh.gif

I didn't even click the link until after I read your response. SMH at Mediatakeout.com it might as well have been the national enquirer that broke the story. That site is not credible at all.
thehype
Tyson couldn't even seriously hurt Kevin McBride.

Shaw should be embarrassed for saying that he'd make that fight in a heartbeat.

Disgusting.

What's next? Tyson vs. Ali?
D-MARV
LOL,
MediaTakeOut is full of shit! But every once in awhile they hit it on the money. They were the first to report a possible Tyson-Holyfield III but hey it could have been a lucky guess. I tried to find another source but I could not find one. But Gary Shaw has responded by saying that he hasn't talked to Mike or anyone in Mike's camp but He was open to the fight and he would make it in a second!

I can see now. The PPV
Mike Tyson Vs Kimbo Slice
Suge Knight and the dude who knocked him out on the undercard!
JLUVBABY
people talk like kimbo is just some killer... he looks like a killer when looking at his physical physique and so on but truth be known he is an untested street fighter... lets be real bout what this really is... yes tyson is way past his prime... probably close to 20 years past his best fighting... but unless kimbo is really a dynamo who really thinks if tyson gets into anything resembling shape kimbo makes it past thr first couple of minutes in the time frame tyson will still be at his most dangerous... i dont think kimbo can outslug mike even at this stage of tysons life (career over...lol)...
JLUVBABY
And i also wanna add tyson is not ray mercer...
Douchebag
The only way I see Kimbo trying to slug it with Mike is if he takes a hit of Crack before the fight. This fight would turn into a grappeling match within the first 10 seconds of the fight. There is no indication that Kimbo would do anything different with a guy like Mike Tyson.
BigG
That would be sad if Tyson lost to Kimbo....maybe worse than losing to McBride.

Kimbo wouldnt dare stand and trade with Tyson. He cant box Tyson..he'll have to take him down ala the Mercer fight.
Elijah
Just heard this fight is taking place in the big tent at Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus.
Elijah
Just heard this fight is taking place in the big tent at Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus.
ROLL DEEP
Kimbos belly button is disgusting!!! Whats up with it?

Ain't no way this fight is happening.....did people not see the pictures of Tyson Fitz put up? No way is Tyson losing that weight, learning MMA and fighting.
BrutalBodyShots
I think Kimbo would trade with Tyson. I don't think it would be a wise move, but I think it's something he would do to attempt to be "the man" and beat Tyson at his game. I think the minute Tyson lands with anything and Kimbo feels the heat, Kimbo will go to Plan B which will be to take Tyson down immediately, which he would succeed in rather easily.
Thegreatequalizer
i really don't see tyson beating anyone of note these days. his staminas been shot for a decade. kimbo would destroy him.
BigJuicyHog
Well Forrest Grffin or whatever his name is from TUFF knocked Kimbo out in sparring allegedly so I guess anything can happen.
BigG
Wow, FORREST GRIFFIN knocked Kimbo out?

Kimbo is a good striker...but knocking out Tank Abbott means nothing. Tank was a character..but he was pretty much like a really strong drunk barfighter. He didn't much skill, he just went all out.

If Kimbo trades with Tyson he is absolutely done.
BrutalBodyShots
Why is it crazy to think that a skilled guy like Griffen could have KO Kimbo?

Shit there are clips of Kimbo on youtube gassing and getting worked by street bums.
sweetchuck
Kimbo's such a badass that he was surrounded by bodyguards when he showed up at the fights tonight which one of them threw back Fighthype correspondent Simon Ruvalcaba when Simon tried to get an interview.

Mike Tyson? Hopefully it never happens because Tyson doesn't ever need to fight again.
BigG
True Brutal but Kimbo has a huge size advanatge over Griffin..and I don't think much of Griffin's boxing at all. Kimbo is pure hype.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ May 18 2008, 03:00 AM) [snapback]390029[/snapback]
True Brutal but Kimbo has a huge size advanatge over Griffin..

Their size differential has nothing to do with the smaller man (Griffen) being able to hurt and/or KO Kimbo. Griffen is about 205 and Kimbo about 240, so by boxing standards they are both heavyweights really. Basically the difference between Holyfield and Douglas. Even Jones who only blew up to 193 was able to rock a 230 pound Ruiz. And Griffen is naturally bigger than Roy. I see no reason to believe that a perfect shot landed by a 205 pound guy on a 240 pound guy couldn't KO him.

sweetchuck
Especially if Griffen uses Kimbo's forward aggression against him. I can see Griffen catching Kimbo coming forward in between punches and knocking him out.

I don't know if Kimbo is a disgrace, but he definately has been given way too much way too soon. Especially since he was at the Boxing After Dark card last night surrounded by personal body guards and wasn't taking pictures with fans or signing autographs. He'll get people against him pretty quick like that.
D-MARV
In one of his Internet street fights Kimbo was dropped by a cat named Chico!
BigG
Very true Brutal...but like I said..I never thought much of Griffin's striking. So I'm kind of surprised to hear he dropped Kimbo.
ROLL DEEP
Off topic a little....but I rewatched Lewis-Tyson last night.

Man, Tyson looked TERRIBLE.

The first 30 seconds/1 minute, he was moving his head, sticking his jab out, looked pretty sharp....then that was it.

For the remainder, he just plodded forward, no jab, leaping in with a wild hook every now and then whilst eating Lennox's punches.

He bitched a lot in that fight too. He was always moaning, fell on the floor for no reason claiming he was pushed, complaining to his cornermen....it just wasn't Tyson in that fight.
D-MARV
QUOTE(ROLL DEEP @ May 19 2008, 07:42 AM) [snapback]390160[/snapback]
Off topic a little....but I rewatched Lewis-Tyson last night.
Man, Tyson looked TERRIBLE.

The first 30 seconds/1 minute, he was moving his head, sticking his jab out, looked pretty sharp....then that was it.
For the remainder, he just plodded forward, no jab, leaping in with a wild hook every now and then whilst eating Lennox's punches.
He bitched a lot in that fight too. He was always moaning, fell on the floor for no reason claiming he was pushed, complaining to his cornermen....it just wasn't Tyson in that fight.

I remember tyson saying that he was caught with an uppercut early the first round that really hurt him. He didnt want to fight after that
BigG
Tyson was just in it for the payday IMO...but he should be given credit for standing up to that beating. He won round 1...then it was disaster after that. He was tired by round 2.
streetlion1
This wont happen. Tyson is way too out of shape to fight a beast like Kimbo!
Spyder
For Boxing, I hope this fight doesn't get made, but for Mike Tyson, I hope it does.

The man deserves a payday...

I'm also kinda interested in seeing Jeff Fenech get pissed off and fucking up Kimbo's posse!

thumbsup_anim.gif
Imperius3
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 18 2008, 06:07 PM) [snapback]390106[/snapback]
In one of his Internet street fights Kimbo was dropped by a cat named Chico!

Pshhh, flash knockdown!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w-dPfdoLObg
imperial
This is as sad as the rumor going around about Tyson Holyfield 3 ..In any case i it does happen I pray and hope Tyson kills Kimbo !
alaganza
My whole thought to this is: Please leave Mike alone.

The guy has been through enough in his life.
Kid Lucky
Yo I think Mike might get knocked out. Kimbo has a really hard jaw. I have seen him take punches right to his face and him not bleed or bruise up at all. I mean Mike can hit but so can Kimbo.
U.S. Champ
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ May 19 2008, 09:21 AM) [snapback]390172[/snapback]
Tyson was just in it for the payday IMO...but he should be given credit for standing up to that beating. He won round 1...then it was disaster after that. He was tired by round 2.

BigGeorge I agree with all your posts but I'm from St. Louis and I find your Sig offensive. Brings back bad memories, why don't you post one of the first fight when Cory dropped Zab in all fairness, LoL haha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.