Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clottey vs Judah
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
EpTXCHAMP
ESPNs boxing guy dan rafael said in his chat today that talks have begun for a clottey vs judah showdown aug 2 on hbo for the IBF strap.

I figured zab would be in the mix to fight Clottey because of the good relationship he has with Arum.

Should be an interesting fight that could go either way I see either clottey out working him. Or zab landing some good powerful shots and winning close on points
BrutalBodyShots
Clottey stops Judah.

Douchebag
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ May 16 2008, 02:57 PM) [snapback]389760[/snapback]
Clottey stops Judah.

This is not that big of a fight. Judah wins.
Boxingjunkie
This is a hard one to pick but I have to go with Clottey on this one. He seems more determined than Judah right now.
thehype
Actually, I heard that fight was going to be the undercard of Cotto-Margarito.
salvador
Clottey by ko.

Judah doesn't have the power to hurt Clottey, who'll be around 165 when he gets in the ring. This is a really bad decision by team Judah.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(thehype @ May 16 2008, 02:05 PM) [snapback]389771[/snapback]
Actually, I heard that fight was going to be the undercard of Cotto-Margarito.

if they add this fight to the cotto undercard that would be nuts. Ill book my flight and buy my tickets that day if it goes through

I heard collazo was in the mix but that just not a name fighter that would help Clottey imo and im sure arum is thinking that way too
Sugar Q
You gotta admire Zab's heart but this is not a good fight for him. Clottey's a strong, rugged dude. Shane should've taken this fight with Clottey. Why not stay in the mix with a title even tho Clottey would be a tough fight for anyone at 147.
Mean Mister Mustard
Clottey is a good inside fighter, he has a good peek a boo defense that prevents incoming fire from landing on the outside plus he has fast hands. Judah cannot fight on the inside well enough for 12 rounds. Then again, Clottey's stamina is nothing spectacular but I say he outworks Judah on the inside to win a 12 round decision.
dj necrogenic
Clottey will mow through Judah, once Clottey starts moving forward there is no stopping him.. He will be crumble Zab late in the fight
D-MARV
Judah will surprise alot of people!!!!!!!!!!!

Clottey has the tendency to tire down the stretch as well. I think Judah will be exposive in the early going as he normally is but then Clottey taking over the later rounds. But I can see Judah stealing enough early rounds to win a close decision.

Close decision either way.
KookedKrack
QUOTE(salvador @ May 16 2008, 04:37 PM) [snapback]389775[/snapback]
Clottey by ko.

Judah doesn't have the power to hurt Clottey, who'll be around 165 when he gets in the ring. This is a really bad decision by team Judah.

you mean another really bad decision by team judah, im a zab fan but damn somebody needs to really sit down and tell him move back down to 140 clotty will be very big come fight night like the poster above said clottey ko 6
dbdbdb
Wrong fight AGAIN for zab.

Clottey is technically sound and has the physicallity & mentallity to go the distance. There is a reason belt-holders aren't anxious to fight this guy clottey, and zab will find out quickly if they fight.

Another "W" for Clottey, another "L" for zab {The newly established stepping-stone}.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I concur, the wrong fight fight for Zab.

I agree with a previous poster, 140 is his playground.

Let me see, how does it go again? He starts fast, loses concentration during the middle (probably due all those weird sound effects his dad makes-POP! BAM! KAZAM!) and catches a whooping down the stretch?

Still it should be entertaining.

So far in his career I've seen him pull out the funky chicken dance, the angry kung-fu master and the great balls of fire (although I don't much blame him for the last one).

I wonder what Clottey will make him do?

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(Fitz @ May 16 2008, 10:16 PM) [snapback]389834[/snapback]
Not saying Judah will win for sure because I really am not sure at this stage, but I'm not going to totally write Zab off. Too much stock is being put in on a guy who is probably most famous for a loss. Judah getting stopped isn't a given either, Clottey couldn't even stop that version of Corrales. Should be a good fight, but no way am I going to write Judah off just yet.

That is true. But his style is all wrong for Judah. The defense, the agressiveness and the inside fighting all tells me Judah is in for a loss. But who knows, maybe he lets his hands go in this one and wins.
EpTXCHAMP
4 reasons why Im not writing off zab for this fight

one: clottey's resume doesnt impress. clottey hasnt fought anyone great, He's best known for his losses to margs and baldomir and dont give him much credit for beating diego we all know diego didnt belong at welter and YET he still didnt KO diego its funny cause people are predicting early rd ko's for josh? I dont see why because clottey doesnt have one punch knockout power and hasnt stopped anyone worth mentioning I mean he ko's the bums yes which he should do but when he's stepped up in class he hasnt produce the knock out

2: Clottey hasnt faced a good southpaw(styles make fights) he also hasnt faced anyone with the speed of zab will be interesting to see how he handles it

3: this is it for zab and he'll know the ibf strap will put him back in the mix at 147 I could see him going all out and if he fails either back to 140 or be designated "gate keeper" for welterweight

4: zabs weakness of starting great then fading is also clotteys weakness clottey is known to fade. since its a 12 rounder this wont hurt zab as much since he'll be in with a guy who doesnt have great stamina as well
thehype
QUOTE(EpTXCHAMP @ May 17 2008, 02:18 AM) [snapback]389851[/snapback]
I mean he ko's the bums yes which he should do but when he's stepped up in class he hasnt produce the knock out

Wait...are you talking about Clottey or Zab?

laugh.gif

I think it'll be a close decision that could go either way...and I'm sure Arum would like it to go his way.

laugh.gif

EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(thehype @ May 17 2008, 12:43 AM) [snapback]389853[/snapback]
Wait...are you talking about Clottey or Zab?

laugh.gif

I think it'll be a close decision that could go either way...and I'm sure Arum would like it to go his way.

laugh.gif

ahhh come on hype u know spinks aint no bum lol

but yea i dont see anyone getting ko'd If anything a flash knockdown or two but I think this one will be up to the judges any new word on this is it closer to being signed?
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ May 16 2008, 02:57 PM) [snapback]389760[/snapback]
Clottey stops Judah.

Definately!!! I'm with you on this one. Clottey has a good chin, throws good combos and will be about 156 on fight night. All bad for Judah...
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ May 16 2008, 05:15 PM) [snapback]389779[/snapback]
You gotta admire Zab's heart but this is not a good fight for him. Clottey's a strong, rugged dude. Shane should've taken this fight with Clottey. Why not stay in the mix with a title even tho Clottey would be a tough fight for anyone at 147.

Shane is trying to cash in. Clottey isnt a big enuff name to go along with the huge risk that he'd lose. I'd pick Clottey to D12 Mosley.
JD
It's almost as if they looked at all the available opponents, and found the one that made for the worst possible matchup for Zab.
salvador
QUOTE(JD @ May 17 2008, 03:47 PM) [snapback]389966[/snapback]
It's almost as if they looked at all the available opponents, and found the one that made for the worst possible matchup for Zab.

I thought the same thing when they were talking about putting Zab in with Margarito. The only difference here is that Zab's going to make less money for getting ko'd by a lesser known fighter.

Mosley really was the only big name at ww that Zab had a chance of beating - except for maybe Quintana.
dbdbdb
1st Brilliant idea: Zab vs Margarito

2nd Brilliant Idea: Zab vs Mosley

3rd Brilliant Idea: Zab vs Clottey

Who the hell is managing Zab?

Do they think or are they hoping that he can pull a rabbit out of his hat, ALL OF A SUDDEN. The Zab judah of old is GONE. After that chicken-dance loss, zab has not been the same. He came close to being a competitive fighter again against PBF. But he is CONSISTANTLY falling apart mentally during fights and that is no way to proceed in the championship arena. Zab's got HEART, but he's STUPID, and a stupid fighter will persist in taking one beating after another until his brain is mush and he's slurring his words while speaking garbage.

After the PBF fight, Zab should have returned to light welter, where he would have RULED until he retired. No way in hell does he beat mosley, clottey or margarito. No Way in Hell!!!

MENTALLY, he is a shot fighter and a shot fighter will not be able to perform consistantly enough to pull out tough fights.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE(Fitz @ May 17 2008, 09:40 PM) [snapback]389998[/snapback]
Seriously, you guys think anything is a bad matchup for Zab, unless it's an ESPN caliber type opponent, lol.

That's because......umm.........maybe it is.
JD
QUOTE(Fitz @ May 17 2008, 10:40 PM) [snapback]389998[/snapback]
Seriously, you guys think anything is a bad matchup for Zab, unless it's an ESPN caliber type opponent, lol.

I think Margarito and Clottey are terrible style matchups for him...Mosley is not much better.

Perhaps Judah should fight Kermit Cintron.
BigG
Judah would slaughter Kermit in under 6.

Clottey is overrated IMO. Chico was SHOT and above his best weight. Any top WW including Judah would have had Chico out there by 6. He is a pretty sharp puncher..but then again so is Zab. Judah can beat Clottey. But it depends on how Zab holds up in the later rounds..

I'm not sure about Clottey stopping Zab though...Cotto is a much stronger fighter then Clottey is IMO and Zab took 11 rounds of beating.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE(Fitz @ May 17 2008, 08:40 PM) [snapback]389998[/snapback]

im with ya fitz seems to be alot zab haters hurr.

Clottey hasnt proven anything yet, I dont think this match up is bad for zab its for a title to get him back in the mix for bigger fights.

Now margarito was a bad match up not too sure about grandpa mosely I think zab had a chance against him
JD
I actually have become a Zab fan over time.

Thats why I am glad he did not fight Margarito...and I wish he weren't fighting Clottey.
The Original MrFactor
There are beatable guys at WW for Zab. There's Luis Collazzzzzzo and Zab may be able to hold his own with Quintana. He doesnt beat Margarito, Clottey, Cotto, Williams, Mayweather or Mosley. They are either too rugged, too skilled or too big, or some combo of all the above. Zab should move down to 140. Hopefully what happened to Chris Byrd doesnt happen to him. There are some good fights at 140 for him. He should have gone after Hatton right after he(Hatton) lost to Mayweather.
GMontoya
Both Top Rank and Judah's management confirmed with me tonight that Clottey/Judah is a done deal. No venue yet but the date is August 2 on HBO B.A.D. for the vacant IBF title.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(GMontoya @ May 24 2008, 06:22 AM) [snapback]390508[/snapback]
Both Top Rank and Judah's management confirmed with me tonight that Clottey/Judah is a done deal. No venue yet but the date is August 2 on HBO B.A.D. for the vacant IBF title.

Poor Zab.

Zab should fight a guy like Maussa - someone coming off of losses that he can bank a win against.

Or maybe fight a washed up Castillo that'll have to dry out to attempt to make 140. Zab could probably stop him like Hatton did at that weight.

alaganza
This is a fight I have been wanting to see.

Anything can happen in the first 4-5 rounds in this one.
After 5 I would heavily favor Clottey.
D-MARV
Give me Clottey by close but clear decision! 116-112, maybe 115-113
PR316
Its sad to see Zab reduced to being such a stepping stone for all the top welters now, because thats all he is now.

Clottey will either decision him convincingly or stop him late.
BigG
It depends on how well Clottey takes Zab's early assault. If Zab realizes he can tag and hurt Clottey he could win...but if Clottey can take Zab's assault then he might take over after 6 or 7 because of his come-forward pressure style. If Zab can't hurt Clottey he'll probably fold. Zab actually has tremendous skills and boxing ability. He can probably use his speed and skills to outbox Clottey but he just lacks conditioning. He always shows heart too. I don't think Clottey is anywhere near the offensive beast that Cotto is so we'll see what happens. He is a very durable guy though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.