Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ESPN360 Broadcast of FNF
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
Anyone else watch this on 360? The feed for the FNF is lagging a bit every couple seconds, but the NBA feed is flawless.

Wondering if that ws the case for anyone else.
JD
You might not want to watch...

Byrd hurt in the first...then dropped. Does not look so good.
rusty_trombone
damn, your boy just got stuck on round one byrd man
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(JD @ May 16 2008, 10:13 PM) [snapback]389796[/snapback]
You might not want to watch...

Byrd hurt in the first...then dropped. Does not look so good.

byrd looks mad old
rusty_trombone
byrd is getting hit by every right hand this guy throws
JD
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ May 16 2008, 10:14 PM) [snapback]389798[/snapback]
byrd looks mad old

THis is kind of sad to watch...Byrd looks awful.

His legs look terrible.
D-MARV
Byrd is Shot!

Doesn't look good, Nice career though!
treyes7123
black eye.gif
JD
Byrd's legs are gone.
rusty_trombone
byrd didn't look too bad for the first half of the round, but he ate it pretty good the second half.
D-MARV
Haven't seen much of Shaun George!

What's the deal, is he really that good? or is Byrd just through? or both?
Byrd Man
Byrd looks like absolute SHIT right now....I'm fucking disgusted!

The stream straightened out at the end of the undercards leading into the main event.
KookedKrack
damn he looks very old in there man i was never a fan of him because of the bitchness in his style but he is getting sonned by a smaller guy
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 16 2008, 10:20 PM) [snapback]389805[/snapback]
Haven't seen much of Shaun George!

What's the deal, is he really that good? or is Byrd just through? or both?

byrd is just done man, he looks shot.
Romulus9
Well...

this is disappointing.

Those right hands are coming at you a little faster at 175 than at heavyweight, huh? Chris just can't get out of the way.
rusty_trombone
geez, this guy is clowning byrd in the ring now
treyes7123
Side note, how about the Shannon Briggs commentary...not too bad
JD
No legs...check

Can't pull the trigger...check

Can't avoid punches...check

No snap on his punches...check

Getting manhandled by a smaller, less skilled opponent...check

The dude is shot. Plan and simple.
Byrd Man
He's not throwing any punches, I don't know what the hell is wrong with him. Maybe this weight drop is too much for him. Obviously he's nowhere near what he was, but the weight may have been too much.

And Shaun George looks pretty damn good tonight. Some of that is Byrd, no doubt, but he's pretty good.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(treyes7123 @ May 16 2008, 10:29 PM) [snapback]389811[/snapback]
Side note, how about the Shannon Briggs commentary...not too bad

it's certainly better than the filth that's coming out of tarvers mouth
D-MARV
Shaun Geoge is good but he is pissing me off. If he doesn't stop Byrd than this means shit!
Romulus9
I'd pay 50 bucks to see the guy in the studio drill Tarver with a blindside right hand in the middle of his on-camera babbling.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(wvu8893 @ May 16 2008, 10:37 PM) [snapback]389817[/snapback]
I'd pay 50 bucks to see the guy in the studio drill Tarver with a blindside right hand in the middle of his on-camera babbling.

yeah, they need to hook up some duct tape

damn, even when byrd lands the left hand, even at this weight hit hits like a pussy.
rusty_trombone
damn, tommy brooks wants to have a beer. he just told his boy to hurry up, so he could have a drink. that shit was funny
JD
Fight over...Byrd's done.
treyes7123
omfg, that uppercut
rusty_trombone
damn, byrd is fucked up. and jay nady just told him he thought he overtrained.
Romulus9
Good Lord.

More unnecessary shots taken by a fighter because Jay Nady is clueless.
KookedKrack
damn it looked like he fucked his shoulder up from the way he fell
D-MARV
Jay Nady was going to let him continue but Chris Told him to stop the fight.

Great Career Chris!
thehype
Hahahahahahahahaha
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(KookedKrack @ May 16 2008, 10:47 PM) [snapback]389826[/snapback]
damn it looked like he fucked his shoulder up from the way he fell

yeah and it looks like he fucked his face up by blocking george's right hand with it all night
thehype
Jump in the chat monkeys!

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/chat.php
Byrd Man
Well that was disappointing.

Nothing to say about that, other than he looked horrible. I think that is it for Byrd. I think he should just retire. He's had a helluva good career in boxing and has fought some really good fighters and won way more than he lost.

It's just his time to move on now. Get into training as he's said he wants to do.

I shoulda known when Leon was bigging up Byrd's changes in the LH division, something was gonna go wrong.
D-MARV
Dayum!!!!!
Shannon Briggs is FAT AS SHIT!!!!!!!!! LOL
He better not be callin anyone out
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(The Conscience @ May 16 2008, 05:59 AM) [snapback]389702[/snapback]
I think a slight majority are picking Cotto to win.....................What the fuck is "techniquel"?
/

I think this was the first fight of Byrd's that I actually was looking forward to, but man he looked bad. He had no power at all on his shots. He was so reluctant to throw any punches. Lets hope it was just the weight and he can still come back later.
Byrd Man
Yeah I wasn't one of those delusionals saying throw him in with Calzaghe, and Tarver and Hopkins, etc.

But I will admit I expected him to have more than he did. I expected him to be able to actually throw some fucking punches instead of just standing there and moving around (barely).

Highly disappointed. Might have to replace my sig at this point. Won't stop being a Byrd fan by any means, but I'm very pissed at his performance tonight.
Mean Mister Mustard
Give him props for getting up though. Say what you want about Byrd and his lack of punch, the stupid faces he makes when he slips a punch and that it is likely that his wife kicks his ass, the man has balls.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Byrd Man @ May 16 2008, 10:49 PM) [snapback]389844[/snapback]
Yeah I wasn't one of those delusionals saying throw him in with Calzaghe, and Tarver and Hopkins, etc.

But I will admit I expected him to have more than he did. I expected him to be able to actually throw some fucking punches instead of just standing there and moving around (barely).

Highly disappointed. Might have to replace my sig at this point. Won't stop being a Byrd fan by any means, but I'm very pissed at his performance tonight.

Well...I was really shocked at the DEGREE he had fallen to. At 37.....it's just a common event (that's why I myself give Peter a MUCH better chance than most do against Vitali) but I had NO IDEA the degree to which he had slowed.

I was able to look past the Wlad fight, as he stated that he intended to stand toe to toe.....BUT...when I saw the Povetkin fight....I thought...why is he not moving with this guy? I said after that fight I thought he should call it a day......what threw me off was the move down in weight.

I thought...well maybe he is right...maybe a move down in weight will give that extra snap that age has started to erode. Kind of like a scale being balenced out. BUT...then I started to see the pics of him....and it just looked odd....like he was gaunt....

He may have very well overtrained a bit...and he for sure picked a good opponent.....but the writing is without a doubt on the wall....this is 3 straight stoppage losses.....Hell Holyfield has yet to have a strech like that....

I like Byrd way too much to see him keep eating canvas and punches like that. And that last KD was brutal.....the shoulder injury must have been pretty bad...because at the end I heard a ESPN guy ask Chris if he wanted to give an interview...and he said "I for sure want to give an interview"......but then he was in the back in a sling heading to the hospital.....

SAD.... cray.gif

BUT.....here's to moving on.....

He has accomplished more at HW as a guy that was not supposed to then most guys that are pure HWs. World Champion and nice guy. I think he could make an excellent trainer and his ringside announcer skills are above average.

BYRD MAN....don't you dare change your sig! You are just dissapointed.....pull out some old fights....Byrd/Tua or Byrd/Thunder....and take a look at that Byrd.....

It's not that the want, the desire or the will is not there.....he's simply 37 and it happens to EVERYBODY!
The CEO
I got a question...

Is Byrd done?...is he shot?

laugh.gif

If you think about it....he BEEN "done" for a couple of years....Wladdy poleaxing him in Germany without breaking a sweat made it official....Byrd was past it then, and he could only get worse from there....

He was thinking he could still get by at an advanced age and steal some wins at Light Heavy......
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ May 17 2008, 12:38 AM) [snapback]389850[/snapback]
that it is likely that his wife kicks his ass, the man has balls.

yeah, his wife carries them around in a bag for him, with her giant strapon
JD
LOL...it never gets old.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.