Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is our webl league dead and done?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
Maxy
Since the crash a couple of weeks back I've noticed that there seems to be less and less interest in our webl league. Has it become boring for some/all of you or is it just a little faze that will pick up again shortly?

Big G don't even post anymore....what's all that about man?

CEO...maybe you need some new fighters?

Cyrus....well you're still around and still trying to get things sorted for the 1 year anniversary so it's all good.

The Chop gym only has one active fighter....

Bigjuicyhog seems to be cool with things still.

Blayde, maybe your dominace has scared people away? Maybe you should give some of your fighters to the other gyms otherwise the top 5 in each division is gonna consist of your fighters! laugh.gif

Who runs the vete carojo gym btw?

Anyway whats the score with webl at the minute people?
BigG
I'm back now in full effect...

So expect some serious Super Judah SHIT TALKING after he gets done with Shane Mosley...

Judah is BACK because the MILLIONS...and I mean MILLIONS...of Brooklynites want him back.

laugh.gif
Maxy
Big G, you've got Larry Holmes still inactive....he could definitely shake things up at heavyweight so you need to bring him back, and Kellerman is still a good contender....

Chop gym has a lot of good retired fighters...they need to come back also.

There are too many good retired fighters out there.
The CEO
I got a Playstation 3.
CyruS
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ May 17 2008, 07:50 AM) [snapback]389900[/snapback]
I got a Playstation 3.

^^^^ laugh.gif
The CEO
lol...you know.

It was cool chatting with you on there last night btw....thumbsup_anim.gif

I DO have to say WEBL has been getting more and more tedious for those of us who don't have advanced knowledge of the game and keep losing big fights....namely ME.

That being said...I will make sure to be in old form the week before SF Weekend III.....after that, I will be retiring my gym and going on vacation with the family....
CyruS
drinks.gif

36 Chambers needs to go through a rebuilding phase and start bringing in a new generation of fighters.

I mean, how long can I have Miguel Cotto and No Fear fight? laugh.gif
BigJuicyHog
Yeah I think it is a combination of things. I love WeBL and always will. Most of the time it is difficult to get excited for championship fights because its always against Blayde and I lose more often than not. Also, the crash killed it alot. That was complete bullshit. I think Cyrus needs to make some new fighters and raise them up.

Also Blayde, do you have a real WeBL gym where you refinied your skills?
BigG
To be honest though, my man Lord Judah has been the only fighter coming through with big wins.

I think it's time to retire the old fighters in my gym I dont care for as much anymore (Montiel, Donaire, Jabdiel Judah) and make a new bum gym for more competition.

The only fighters I care for right now are Terry Norris and Zab Judah..
Maxy
If you're gonna make a new gym Big G I got a lot of fighters who need a home so I'll transfer them to you when its sorted.

Also I want to lose Maxy "The Dream" Supreme and Frankie "The Brit" Skipton along with some others.

Any takers?
BigG
I'll take Frankie Skipton
Maxy
Skipton's gone to Team Judah.
BigG
Maxy, believe it or not..Judah has a little more speed/power then Skipton has. That should give you the idea of how explosive Zab is.
Blayde
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ May 17 2008, 10:40 PM) [snapback]389967[/snapback]
Also Blayde, do you have a real WeBL gym where you refinied your skills?

Ive started playing a little in the Europe region around the time we were looking in the forums to find out if you can give someone these administration rights I believe. Im not very focused there though and there seem to be some players that simply have better fighters and better fight plans.

You guys definitely need to start creating a few more fighters again cool.gif I dont know how it happened I have so many champions right now. And the biggest reason for my big interest in the Green-Deep Freeze fight was actually that I wanted to offer Maxy some fighters with Bute and Dzinziruk.

So who wants these fighters:

The Prince (20-2) @Heavyweight
Teke Oruh Jr. (10-1) @Cruiserweight
Anderson "The Spider" Silva (15-1-1) @Light Heavyweight
Paul Briggs (6-0) @Super Middleweight
Alexander Abraham (6-0-1) @154
Juan Carlos Burgos (9-0) @135
Chucky Munoz (5-0) and Jesus Escalona (5-0) @126
Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym (4-1) @118
Juan "Panterita" Mercedes (5-0) @115
Kahramon Arzykulov (4-0) @115
Gabriel "Bonbon" Pumar (10-0-1) @112
Santiago Ivan Acosta (7-0-0) @112
Alejandro "Timon" Martinez (8-0-0) @109
BigJuicyHog
After this shitty Sunday I nearly retired my Gym.
Maxy
QUOTE(Blayde @ May 19 2008, 09:12 AM) [snapback]390167[/snapback]
Ive started playing a little in the Europe region around the time we were looking in the forums to find out if you can give someone these administration rights I believe. Im not very focused there though and there seem to be some players that simply have better fighters and better fight plans.

You guys definitely need to start creating a few more fighters again cool.gif I dont know how it happened I have so many champions right now. And the biggest reason for my big interest in the Green-Deep Freeze fight was actually that I wanted to offer Maxy some fighters with Bute and Dzinziruk.

So who wants these fighters:

The Prince (20-2) @Heavyweight
Teke Oruh Jr. (10-1) @Cruiserweight
Anderson "The Spider" Silva (15-1-1) @Light Heavyweight
Paul Briggs (6-0) @Super Middleweight
Alexander Abraham (6-0-1) @154
Juan Carlos Burgos (9-0) @135
Chucky Munoz (5-0) and Jesus Escalona (5-0) @126
Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym (4-1) @118
Juan "Panterita" Mercedes (5-0) @115
Kahramon Arzykulov (4-0) @115
Gabriel "Bonbon" Pumar (10-0-1) @112
Santiago Ivan Acosta (7-0-0) @112
Alejandro "Timon" Martinez (8-0-0) @109

Thats a lot of fighters you are offering out there. I know I could do good things with The Prince but I won't just jump in and ask to take him unless there are no other takers for him.

I think you should give a few of those to Insanity International and Bigjuicyhogs gym and BJH there ain't no point in quitting your gym just because of a bad weekend or two. If people make prospects and want them to be built up steadily I'll make sure they don't get any hard fights until they have reached a good status so that a few more fighters from differing gyms are competitive.

II work well with fighters who cause damage so they should have the pick of the punchers and BJH seems to make a similar style of fighter to what I make and is good at utilizing skillful boxers. Blayde is dominating a little bit at the moment but it doesn't mean we have to throw our dummy's out the pram and say we are giving up. Just experiment a little with fight plans and all will come good.
BigJuicyHog
Well not quitting atm. Im giving away "Iron" Mike Tyson if anyone wants him. I dont realy like his stats and dont know how to properly use him in big fights. Perhaps I will give him to CEO. Seems like CEOs kind of fighter.
The CEO
Blayde...BJH....go ahead and give me the best y'all have to offer......laugh.gif

I'm thinking about doing a complete rehaul when I get back from vacation...
Blayde
Im also offering The Punisher (18-1-1) at 147 by the way ... Im not sure, I think hes better than Edson Berto, but Edson has been with my gym from the start, so I have no use for The Punisher.

Just anyone, CEO?
The CEO
Go ahead and give me The Punisher, The Prince, and Silva...we'll see what's up...
Blayde
The Prince and Anderson Silva are yours now. I also just went ahead and transferred Ivan Acosta and Paul Briggs to you smile.gif

The Punisher will face Lights Out on Sunday, but after that he will be yours, too.
Maxy
I'll take any of the fighters that nobody else has taken.

CEO, I'll send you The Dream Supreme if you want him? He's still a good fighter.
BigJuicyHog
Ill take some prospects as well if nobody wants them.
BigJuicyHog
Iron Mike was transfered to II.
Blayde
Ive send you some prospects BJH ... maybe you like them.
BigJuicyHog
Thanks for the fighters Blade, Ill make very good use of them.
The CEO
Thank you, guys....I'll take The Dream Supreme too, Maxy......hope I can make a little noise with these dudes...
BigG
A couple my old fighters have made comebacks...Ronald Hearns is one of them.
Maxy
Ronald Hearns is still a threat. Isn't he the first fighter to expose The Hoodlum?

CEO, unretire The Prince, Iron Mike Tyson, Anderson "The Spider" Silva, Paul Briggs, Santiago Ivan Acosta and Maxy "The Dream" Supreme so that they can have some fights scheduled.
Blayde
Nice to see Hearns back. I remember being pretty scared of fighting him biggrin.gif
BigG
Its a shame to see how Tyson turned out. I wanted to build him up as some kind of monster. Now he's getting knocked out in 1 by guys like Dawson and Ice Cream....sad.
Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ May 24 2008, 11:25 AM) [snapback]390516[/snapback]
Its a shame to see how Tyson turned out. I wanted to build him up as some kind of monster. Now he's getting knocked out in 1 by guys like Dawson and Ice Cream....sad.

Thats a bit of a diss to Ice Cream. He's been around for ages and only last weekend won the Cruiserweight title again. The man has beaten much much better fighters than Tyson in his career.
Blayde
CEO, The Punisher is now with you @147. Hes just got an MD over Lights Out and I think he can be a serious threat for anyone at Welterweight.
Maxy
The Punisher won a controversial decision over Chaplin the other week and Smooth Eddie wants revenge for that sometime soon.
The CEO
Thank you, Blayde....you're a good man....The Punisher looks good too....makes me feel even more sorry for what Sloan did to Pascal....laugh.gif

It was an upset....but Soup Bone is a HOF puncher.....when his right hand is on, he can put almost anybody to sleep...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.