Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Top 15 P4P lists?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
1. Floyd Mayweather Jr. (Without a doubt the best around today)
2. Juan Manuel Marquez (I personally thought he beat Pacquiao. You could basically switch his spot with Manny's. Never was that big of a fan but he is a bad motherfucker for sure.)
3. Manny Pacquiao (Could easily be # 2. Gotta give credit where credit is due. Beating David Diaz wont do much for me though. If he beats Guzman or Marquez clearly in a 3rd fight, you could make the case for him being #1)
4. Miguel Cotto (Getting closer and closer to Floyd. If he beats Margarito he could be top 3)
5. Joe Calzaghe (Rewatched the Hopkins fight and had him losing by 2 points. Sorry, I can't have him any higher than this...despite his record)
6. Israel Vazquez (He is a little beast. Deserves mad props for beating Marquez 2/3)
7. Rafael Marquez (Such a great little fighter. Huge puncher P4P. Will he be the same after those wars against Vazquez? I have no idea. But he would massacre everybody at 122 except for Vazquez. De Leon wouldn't stand a chance)
8. Fernando Montiel (One of the finest fighters today. Has only really lost once in my book against Mark Johnson back in 2003. I thought he beat Jhonny Gonzalez 115-113. Just blew out another great little guy in Martin Castillo)
9. Kelly Pavlik (Tough tough guy and he beat Taylor twice so I guess he deserves a spot in the top 10)
10. Ivan Calderon (Great underrated boxer)
11. Ricky Hatton (Still the best at 140 but Malignaggi might beat his ass)
12. Joel Casamayor (The little Bernard Hopkin)
13. Joan Guzman (Not getting the fights he deserves but he is one of the most talented fighters today)
14. Gerry Penalosa (The loss to Ponce De Leon was a very close. I thought it was a draw. A tough, high skilled, vet who KOed the excellent Jhonny Gonzalez last year. Gerry is technincally one of the best boxers in the world today)
15. Cristian Mijares (Really good boxer)
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ May 17 2008, 06:54 AM) [snapback]389894[/snapback]
1. Floyd Mayweather Jr. (Without a doubt the best around today)
2. Juan Manuel Marquez (I personally thought he beat Pacquiao. You could basically switch his spot with Manny's. Never was that big of a fan but he is a bad motherfucker for sure.)
3. Manny Pacquiao (Could easily be # 2. Gotta give credit where credit is due. Beating David Diaz wont do much for me though. If he beats Guzman or Marquez clearly in a 3rd fight, you could make the case for him being #1)
4. Miguel Cotto (Getting closer and closer to Floyd. If he beats Margarito he could be top 3)
5. Joe Calzaghe (Rewatched the Hopkins fight and had him losing by 2 points. Sorry, I can't have him any higher than this...despite his record)
6. Israel Vazquez (He is a little beast. Deserves mad props for beating Marquez 2/3)
7. Rafael Marquez (Such a great little fighter. Huge puncher P4P. Will he be the same after those wars against Vazquez? I have no idea. But he would massacre everybody at 122 except for Vazquez. De Leon wouldn't stand a chance)
8. Fernando Montiel (One of the finest fighters today. Has only really lost once in my book against Mark Johnson back in 2003. I thought he beat Jhonny Gonzalez 115-113. Just blew out another great little guy in Martin Castillo)
9. Kelly Pavlik (Tough tough guy and he beat Taylor twice so I guess he deserves a spot in the top 10)
10. Ivan Calderon (Great underrated boxer)
11. Ricky Hatton (Still the best at 140 but Malignaggi might beat his ass)
12. Joel Casamayor (The little Bernard Hopkin)
13. Joan Guzman (Not getting the fights he deserves but he is one of the most talented fighters today)
14. Gerry Penalosa (The loss to Ponce De Leon was a very close. I thought it was a draw. A tough, high skilled, vet who KOed the excellent Jhonny Gonzalez last year. Gerry is technincally one of the best boxers in the world today)
15. Cristian Mijares (Really good boxer)

Why no Bernard Hopkins?
BigG
Isn't he retired?
D-MARV
Here is my very tentative list:
1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
2. Joe Calzaghe
3. Manny Pacquiao
4. Miguel Cotto
5. Juan Manuel Marquez
6. Israel Vasquez
7. Kelly Pavlik
8. Bernard Hopkins
9. Rafael Marquez
10. Chris John
11. Christain Mijares
12. Ricky Hatton
13. Joel Casamayor
14.Wladimir Klitschko
15. Joan Guzman
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ May 17 2008, 09:24 AM) [snapback]389907[/snapback]
Isn't he retired?

I dont know if he made it offical yet?
U.S. Champ
Anybody heard of the Peterson brothers, Andre Berto, Chad Dawson, or Tim Bradley might wanna redo those lists
D-MARV
QUOTE(U.S. Champ @ May 17 2008, 02:22 PM) [snapback]389956[/snapback]
Anybody heard of the Peterson brothers, Andre Berto, Chad Dawson, or Tim Bradley might wanna redo those lists

laugh.gif LOL... Are you Serious?
treyes7123
QUOTE(U.S. Champ @ May 17 2008, 11:22 AM) [snapback]389956[/snapback]

Um.... laugh.gif
BigG
I believe he retired after the Calzgahe fight but if he didn't, I'd have him at 4 or 5.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 17 2008, 09:31 AM) [snapback]389910[/snapback]
1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
2. Joe Calzaghe
3. Manny Pacquiao
4. Miguel Cotto
5. Juan Manuel Marquez
6. Israel Vasquez
7. Kelly Pavlik
8. Bernard Hopkins
9. RAUL AMRQUEZ
10. Chris John
11. Christain Mijares
12. Ricky Hatton
13. Joel Casamayor
14.Wladimir Klitschko
15. Joan Guzman

I hope you mean Rafael Marquez cause Raul hasn't done sh*t.

Biggeorge thats a pretty good list but I wouldn't put Gerry Penalosa in the top 15 or top 20 for that matter. Yes he got a good win over Gonzalez but he was losing that fight pretty one sided and Gonzalez was not highly ranked either. I would say Gerry is more along the lines of a top 30-40ish type fighter also i wouldn't mine seeing a rematch of that fight I think Gonzalez would outbox him in a return bout.
D-MARV
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ May 18 2008, 05:43 AM) [snapback]390043[/snapback]
I hope you mean Rafael Marquez cause Raul hasn't done sh*t.

Yes I meant Rafael, thatnks for the correction thumbsup_anim.gif
D-MARV
BigGeorge,
Did Mijares have any impact on your ratings last night
U.S. Champ
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 17 2008, 01:37 PM) [snapback]389959[/snapback]
laugh.gif LOL... Are you Serious?

Yeah I Actually watch boxing Bradley and Dawson are Already Champions and the peterson Brothers and Andre Berto will all Be champs before 2009 is up especially the Peterson's who are guaranteed to shake up they're divisions and when this all comes to pass don't post again
Don Flamenco
Somebody buy the US Champ a period.
treyes7123
QUOTE(U.S. Champ @ May 18 2008, 08:33 AM) [snapback]390050[/snapback]
Yeah I Actually watch boxing Bradley and Dawson are Already Champions and the peterson Brothers and Andre Berto will all Be champs before 2009 is up especially the Peterson's who are guaranteed to shake up they're divisions and when this all comes to pass don't post again

Then you must have seen Dawson's last fight...thats some p4p shiat clapping.gif !
D-MARV
QUOTE(U.S. Champ @ May 18 2008, 11:33 AM) [snapback]390050[/snapback]

If you base p4p on being champs then you must have Lucian Bute, Samuel Peter, Felix Sturm, Alex Bunema and Joachim Alcine all ranked...LOL

I like Berto and Peterson brothers just as much as the next man but Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves? Since when does beating Michel Trabant, Jose Antonio Izquierdo, and Antonio Mesquita allow you to be ranked pound 4 pound in the world?
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 17 2008, 09:31 AM) [snapback]389910[/snapback]
1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
2. Joe Calzaghe
3. Manny Pacquiao
4. Miguel Cotto
5. Juan Manuel Marquez
6. Israel Vasquez
7. Kelly Pavlik
8. Bernard Hopkins
9. Rafael Marquez
10. Chris John
11. Christain Mijares
12. Ricky Hatton
13. Joel Casamayor
14.Wladimir Klitschko
15. Joan Guzman

Calzaghe #2?......are you seriouse?....
D-MARV
QUOTE(BoxingStill#1 @ May 18 2008, 05:43 PM) [snapback]390096[/snapback]
Calzaghe #2?......are you seriouse?....

Serious as a Heart attack!

I had BHOP #2 before Calzaghe beat him
BigG
Cant have Calzaghe over Pacman...

Mijares could move up 1 or 2 spots after unifying the WBC/WBA Jnr. Bantamweight Belts...
torvix2000
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ May 17 2008, 10:54 AM) [snapback]389894[/snapback]

Is it possible for someone to beat Juan Manuel Marquez "clearly"? Even Mayweather hasn't faced someone as good as Marquez.
BigG
That might be true.
FenderDG3
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ May 18 2008, 03:23 PM) [snapback]390090[/snapback]
I like Berto and Peterson brothers just as much as the next man but Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves? Since when does beating Michel Trabant, Jose Antonio Izquierdo, and Antonio Mesquita allow you to be ranked pound 4 pound in the world?

I like Berto and the Peterson brothers also, but I do think he is getting a little ahead of himself as well. Berto and the Peterson bros. are great prospects and have a ton of potential, but I feel (and I think damarvelous1 and others will agree) that Berto and the Peterson bros. haven't fought good enough competition yet to rank them in the top 20 P4P rankings. I wouldn't be suprised if they are mentioned up there in the next few years thought.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.